PDA

View Full Version : Considering rFactor

52Paddy
7th March 2010, 13:12
I'm considering buying rFactor soon. It's been hyped up since its release and it seems that there is a broad range of cars and tracks to choose from with apparently top class physics. Do any Windows 7 users have experience with this game?

I will download the trial version to check how compatible it is first. But I don't like the idea of the 'unlocking system.' I would much prefer to simply buy it in DVD-ROM format. Am I compromised by playing it from the DVD?

lugnut_usa
7th March 2010, 14:17
It doesn't really matter which way you buy it, honestly.

I have it, I downloaded the trial and paid for an unlock key. Worked pretty well.

It's a solid sim with tons of potential. You can find all kinds of mods over at rfactorcentral. They're all free, of course.

Also, I'm on Win7. No problems.

52Paddy
7th March 2010, 14:44
It doesn't really matter which way you buy it, honestly.

I have it, I downloaded the trial and paid for an unlock key. Worked pretty well.

It's a solid sim with tons of potential. You can find all kinds of mods over at rfactorcentral. They're all free, of course.

Also, I'm on Win7. No problems.

Ok cool. It's just that I move around quite a lot between houses and the computer comes with me. It would be a pain if I had to eventually consult customer services in order to get another unlock token for another computer etc

I think I'll buy it :D