PDA

View Full Version : Good Move Andretti Autosport!

rolinchicane
5th March 2010, 13:34
Kudos to AA for signing the 15 year old Sage Karam to a developmental deal. As a proponent of Skip Barber and Star Mazda, I am glad to see the IRL establishing this ladder system. I have been following Sage for several years in karting and Skip Barber; he is the real deal and one of the finest drivers I have ever worked with.
15 is young for such a big commitment, but I am sure Michael did his homework on this one obviously.
This kid brings extreme talent, the look and all. All but the money. It appears AA found the funding for the kid to make it happen. If true, that is what more teams need to do: support the young American drivers and the IRL series. I saw the Comfort Revolution logo on Marco's car in testing.
It's going to be a great story to watch unfold as this kid grows within our series. Kind of like an Americanized Dennis/Hamilton/McLaren/F1 deal.
Will somebody sign Conor Daly now please? I hope this turn the heat up on other IRL teams? :)

Scotty G.
5th March 2010, 13:56
Its a decent little story, but lets get real.

Andretti HAD an American driver in their driver developmental program (feeder series) just last year and he won the friggin' championship in one of their cars.

Did it help the driver move up? Nope, not yet.

There have ALWAYS been plenty of American drivers in the pipeline. Heard last night, that there have been 20 American-born winners in Atlantics or Lights since 2004.

Where are they now?

Mark in Oshawa
5th March 2010, 17:31
Its a decent little story, but lets get real.

Andretti HAD an American driver in their driver developmental program (feeder series) just last year and he won the friggin' championship in one of their cars.

Did it help the driver move up? Nope, not yet.

There have ALWAYS been plenty of American drivers in the pipeline. Heard last night, that there have been 20 American-born winners in Atlantics or Lights since 2004.

Where are they now?
Well it would be silly to think any but maybe 2 would make it. The fact is, drivers usually stick around. How many truly empty seats come open? How many empty seats come open where the owner can hire the driver purely based on talent? Then, is one of those 20 guys coming out of Mazdas/lights/Atlantics talented more than the f3 guy or the South American guy?

It is a numbers game, and unfortuantely those bringing numbers with them rule because the sponsors are not there......

nigelred5
7th March 2010, 22:43
Isn't he from Nazareth?