PDA

View Full Version : EZ Seed Showdown

71Fan
5th March 2010, 11:46
Was searching around looking for Dave's commentary on what he heard the race director say over the headphones they gave him....Dave Marcis is not going to win this race.....to put in the thread about mystery yellows, and thought it was worth passing on. It's a Q&A thing in which Dave talks about his career and differences between then and now. Enjoy...
http://www.catchfence.com/2010/otherseries/01/27/scotts-ez-seed-showdown-at-bristol-motor-speedway-qa-with-dave-marcis/

anyways.....

Dave “Wingtip” Marcis, Tommy Houston, Jimmy “The Virginia Gentleman” Hensley, Phil Parsons, Cale Yarborough, Charlie Glotzbach, Jack Ingram, and L.D. Ottinger are all scheduled to be there with four more to be announced as the event gets closer. Sure do hope they televise it.

71Fan
18th March 2010, 23:21
Yup...gonna be on tv
5:30 pm NASCAR Specials: Scotts ES Seed Showdown at Bristol ESPN2

Right after the Nationwide Race.

and from http://www.catchfence.com/2010/otherseri....ro-cup-s eries/

........ Drivers will be competing in cars provided by the USARacing Pro Cup Series. The race is scheduled for 35 laps and caution laps do not count. The event will be carried live on ESPN beginning at 5:30 p.m. Eastern time.......

entry list
Tommy Houston,
L.D. Ottinger
Rick Wilson
Charlie Glotzbach
Dave Marcis
Cale Yarborough
Phil Parsons
Jack Ingram
Jimmy Hensley
David Pearson
Harry Gant
Larry Pearson

slorydn1
19th March 2010, 01:13
Cool, so Ole Wing Tips will be in it! :up:

71Fan
20th March 2010, 04:45
Yup....something i'm really looking forward to. I knew him in prime. Prior even to him losing the better of the two cars he helped build at Daytona one year to some young whippersnapper named Dale.

One thing I'm really sad about is that he got no credit in the Dale movie for telling Richard he would do well to get out of his car and hire the kid to drive it....oh well, Dave never did fit the mold and it's not surprising that the writers passed him by.

Looking forward to a really fast no holds barred short track extravaganza

71Fan
21st March 2010, 00:03
Well dern, except for the t-bone, that was just really nice. Rick Wilson restarted like he never retired, and was running laps that would have put 15the on grid of today Nationwide Race. Just a real pleasure to watch the old dogs run.