PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: FIA publish 2010 F1 entry list - NO Stefan, NO USF1...

Giuseppe F1
3rd March 2010, 20:23
OFFICIAL FIA F1 2010 ENTRY LIST:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2010/Pages/f1_2010_entry.aspx

NO STEFAN GP and NO USF1 in 2010 - FIA to reopen bidding for 13th team slot!:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2010/Pages/f1_teams.aspx

Giuseppe F1
3rd March 2010, 20:24
....only 1 driver announced for HRT and thank goodness it is Bruno Senna

Sauber still called 'BMW Sauber Ferrari' (!!!!!) - Sauber take USF1's race numbers...

maximilian
3rd March 2010, 20:30
VERY disappointing, most of all the omission of StefanGP, but also the continuing nonsense about "BMW" (wtf?) and the fact there STILL isn't a second driver definitively announced for HRT.

DazzlaF1
3rd March 2010, 20:40
VERY disappointing, most of all the omission of StefanGP, but also the continuing nonsense about "BMW" (wtf?) and the fact there STILL isn't a second driver definitively announced for HRT.

Well I think the FIA have done the right thing, when those new teams were originally picked, the ones that missed out will have had some words for the FIA if Stefan were allowed to be let in by the back door when it would have been obvious they failed in both bidding processes (firstly when USF1, Hispania and Virgin were picked and in the 2nd one when they lost out to Lotus) The FIA statement is also clear it seems that USF1's request for a 12 month deferral was (as expected) thrown out.

To me it makes sense and seems more fair to re-open the bidding for the 13th slot in 2011 and hopefully the FIA will be a bit more vigorous in going through each teams credentials, it would also give an opportunity for prospective teams other than StefanGP to come in and present their cases. I for one would like to see Lola re-open their interest and they probably will if Virgin can prove they can run a season on the low budget as that was a major factor in lola's initial interest.

Lets face it though, we still have 24 cars on the grid for 2010 (the most in 15 years) and its still an exciting season in prospect.

stephenw_us
3rd March 2010, 20:45
Todt does the right thing...

Good for the FIA.

DazzlaF1
3rd March 2010, 20:45

I know, havign to retain the BMW name, thats a bit ridick isnt it, its almost as if BMW have got themselves some free sponsorship in a way.

As for Hispania's 2nd driver, I think the deal for that will be announced tomorrow, maybe they just have'nt informed the FIA yet about it.

Mekola
3rd March 2010, 21:00
Chandhok very likely for Hispania 2nd driver, López appointed as reserve.

DazzlaF1
3rd March 2010, 21:03
Chandhok very likely for Hispania 2nd driver, López appointed as reserve.

Thats what we're expecting to hear tomorrow

jonny hurlock
3rd March 2010, 21:04
Todt does the right thing...

Good for the FIA.

well done mr todt, I'm guessing a man in Serbia is going to say something bad about the fia then, overall I'm please that stefan are not listed I think the boss is a greedy child who wants everything in life, as for usf1 tried But bad mangement IMO

I know, havign to retain the BMW name, thats a bit ridick isnt it, its almost as if BMW have got themselves some free sponsorship in a way.

As for Hispania's 2nd driver, I think the deal for that will be announced tomorrow, maybe they just have'nt informed the FIA yet about it.

I'm guessing BMW must be thinking money in the bank, free advertising

maximilian
3rd March 2010, 21:33
I'm guessing BMW must be thinking money in the bank, free advertising
It's their good luck that the car seems to be relatively competitive. I don't think they would love to hear "and the BMW-Saubers once again didn't make it thru to Q2" :p :

gloomyDAY
3rd March 2010, 21:39
Is there some bad blood between Bernie and Stefanovich?

I'm not sure why they're not being allowed to race.

LiamM
3rd March 2010, 21:44

Bernie wants them to race,. Mr Todt doesn't

DazzlaF1
3rd March 2010, 21:46

3 words

Common...Sense...Prevails

If they were allowed to race, imagine the lawsuits that would be flying in from the likes of Prodrive/Aston Martin, Superfund, Epsilon Euskadi, Lola etc. So it makes total sense for the FIA to re-open the bidding process.

Like jonny hurlock said though, Mr Stefanovich will not be a happy bunny, dont be suprised to see him come out with a very angry response soon.

Nikki Katz
3rd March 2010, 21:50
Stefan being rejected was always going to happen - what's F1 without its red tape?

On the plus side, Campos is now called HRT?
*giggles*

VkmSpouge
3rd March 2010, 22:00
It is a shame for Stefan GP to lose out because USF1 clung on too long and weren't able to agree a merger. Hopefully we can get a 13th team for 2011.
Still it is good that at least we get Hispania on the grid.

truefan72
3rd March 2010, 22:07
Stefan being rejected was always going to happen - what's F1 without its red tape?

On the plus side, Campos is now called HRT?
*giggles*

indeed

they had a chance for 13 teams but chose to be arses about it

as I say bureaucracy often gets in the way of common sense and logic.

Expect lawsuits to follow ( which ironically may be the vindictive reason for not letting a qualified team on the grid. They are far more prepared than Hispania/Campos or whatever)

Once again the fIa have shown to be idiots doing things to the detriment of the sport. Equal blame goes tot hem and USF1 :down: :down:

BDunnell
3rd March 2010, 22:18
If they were allowed to race, imagine the lawsuits that would be flying in from the likes of Prodrive/Aston Martin, Superfund, Epsilon Euskadi, Lola etc. So it makes total sense for the FIA to re-open the bidding process.

A very good point, that many seem to have lost sight of.

V12
3rd March 2010, 22:36
1) No Stefan GP
2) "BMW" Sauber

I would comment on this but the words wouldn't be appropriate for a family forum.

FIA balls up yet again.

jonny hurlock
3rd March 2010, 23:04
3 words

Common...Sense...Prevails

Like jonny hurlock said though, Mr Stefanovich will not be a happy bunny, dont be suprised to see him come out with a very angry response soon.

if his does an angry response, no chance on a 2011 season, better be careful what he says if I was him.

Rollo
3rd March 2010, 23:22
Sure that's all USF1 is at this stage: "fluff". If that's the case, they don't need to be banned, for the simple reason that they'll never show up on the grid in the first place.

Unless they appear on the park with a number on their back, it hasn't really happened.

Personally I won't believe in USF1 until they show up at a GP and qualify a car. The seem to be a subsidiary of "Half-Baked Ideas and Ill-Conceived Concepts Plc".

Do I win a cookie for being suspicious of USF1?

Hiryu
3rd March 2010, 23:39
This result is fine by me, as I find it hard to imagine that Stefan F1 is anything but a scam. Maybe some sort of East European money laundering scheme.

USF1 at least pulled together a shop, though if the stories coming out are accurate it appears that Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag.

foxystoat
3rd March 2010, 23:46
Why not reopen the bidding for the last 2010 spot let Prodrive,Lola Stefan etc get there bid in then if Stefan are in the best shape to race let them race. That way you have gone thru the correct procedures & we get our 26 car grid. Could take a month or so making it a 24 grid for the first few races then Stefan join after that if they get the nod. I doubt any of the others have a car ready.
Alternatively can they not buy USF1's entry ?

N. Jones
4th March 2010, 00:11
Oh well, maybe a team that is a little stronger will fill the void next season.

Anyway... no USF1 in F1, no USF1 in FGP...

CNR
4th March 2010, 00:25
1) No Stefan GP
2) "BMW" Sauber

I would comment on this but the words wouldn't be appropriate for a family forum.

FIA balls up yet again.

to be fair has Sauber asked for a name change
BMW Sauber= +0000000
Sauber (newentry)= - 0000000
0000000 = a fair amount of money
it dose suck big time that brawn to mercedes was given a free name change

Somebody
4th March 2010, 00:58
Sauber aleady lost that money when they didn't sign Concorde straight away, ¥€$? That's why they're 24 & 25 rather than where they would have been had nothing occurred. The BMW entry evaporated and Lotus Racing took their place. They have what would have been Toyota's spot.

[Incidentally, Brawn were counted as a new team last year - rather than a continuation of Honda - because their entry was allowed to lapse in a similar fashion while the team's future was uncertain.]

V12
4th March 2010, 01:58
Sauber aleady lost that money when they didn't sign Concorde straight away, ¥€$? That's why they're 24 & 25 rather than where they would have been had nothing occurred. The BMW entry evaporated and Lotus Racing took their place.

That's exactly what I thought. It takes the *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted*

maximilian
4th March 2010, 03:09
indeed
they had a chance for 13 teams but chose to be arses about it
:down: :down:
GREAT way to summarize it in one sentence! :)

maximilian
4th March 2010, 03:11
A very good point, that many seem to have lost sight of.
I don't see it that way. When Toyota withdrew, 2 teams applied at the time to take their spot... Sauber and Stefan. Sauber got the nod, and Stefan should have been considered "first alternate" should another spot open up. What if SAUBER hadn't made it to the grid for some reason?

electron
4th March 2010, 07:44
can it get more gimmicky?
this is crap. having Sauber to retain the BMW to keep the grid spot (or some bull like that... nonsense) and the argument of "too late to add a team"
Say what?? a team with everything in place (as in: at the track!) not being allowed to race?
I doubt something like this ever happened in F1.

I mean, entered teams not being able to race - we all have seen that in some series.
but a team being there and not being allowed in despite empty pit boxes... never seen this before. anyone?

4th March 2010, 09:08
Excellent decision by the FIA.

Stefan GP was not a long term outfit. A couple of chassis but no manufacturing base does not make an F1 team.

SGWilko
4th March 2010, 09:29
Why not reopen the bidding for the last 2010 spot?

Unless you know someone that can design, test in the wind tunnel, run through CFD, build (2 off) find an engine supplier, sponsors budget etc, in under a week - that aint gonna 'appen!

rayburn
4th March 2010, 09:33

Stefan GP was not a long term outfit. A couple of chassis but no manufacturing base does not make an F1 team.

+1

Two cars, a dodgy PR department and a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Dave B
4th March 2010, 09:49
I'm having a massive portion of "I told you so" for breakfast this morning.

It was obvious that USF1 were doomed with an egotist and a fantasist at the helm. They've caused people to relocate and pin their hopes on a pipedream, and denied a grid slot to a team who might have otherwise enjoyed some success.

Stefan were never a serious proposition from the word go. They failed the initial vetting procedure (a procedure so poor that even USF1 scraped through!), they failed to appeal, they failed to buy Toyota when it still had an entry (because Zoran doesn't have as much funding as he'd like us to think), and they made absolute idiots of themselves claiming they'd be racing in Bahrain with a couple of untested cars and a driver line-up which would struggle to score points with a half-hour head start.

Hopefully we can put this sorry mess behind us, enjoy the 2010 season with a great mix of established grandees, up-and-coming maturing teams, and genuinely exciting new aspirants.

There can now be a rigourous vetting procedure for the vacant slot in 2011. Should USF1 or Stefan wish to re-apply then they should be free to, but this time the FIA needs to perform some proper due diligance rather than simply pandering to the market and hoping that the money will magically follow.

I am evil Homer
4th March 2010, 09:54

Exactly. There was nothing concrete about Stefan aside from he bought some Toyota chassis and maybe, but no one can confirm, some engines. He then threw his toys out of the pram - bad move.

If Stefan had all this cash and ability to buy a team why did they not get one of the original slots? Because they weren't good enough. Simple as that. They had a lot of PR, much like USF1 but very little besides a photo of Nakajima in a tub.

ShiftingGears
4th March 2010, 10:01

Indeed.

foxystoat
4th March 2010, 13:22
Unless you know someone that can design, test in the wind tunnel, run through CFD, build (2 off) find an engine supplier, sponsors budget etc, in under a week - that aint gonna 'appen!

Exactly so Stefan would get the spot because the others aren't ready.
Hopefully we will get 26 cars next year.24 is better than 20 for this season but if Renault jack it in then we need others to take there & USF1's places.

Robinho
4th March 2010, 21:29
is anyone really surprised - the 2 teams who weren't a team not on the entry list. will anyone notice or care some Bahrain? i very much doubt it.

Mia 01
4th March 2010, 21:34
I´m sorry that we wont se JW and the two very fast cars on the grid in Barain!!

Big Ben
4th March 2010, 22:00

Jehovah's Witnesses? What happened to them? They haven´t visited me lately either. I miss them.

Bradley
4th March 2010, 22:57
At least the FIA could take new entries somewhere in 2010.

I regret the loss of the Toyota chassis which could prove as competitive as the Honda chassis last year ...

Also a shame not to see Villeneuve in action again imho. I've always appreciated his comments :)

Copse
4th March 2010, 22:58

I'm guessing here that Mia, as us Swedes sometimes do, is mixing up W and V. Why anyone would want to see Jos back escapes me, though. ;)

aryan
5th March 2010, 04:02
I'm guessing here that Mia, as us Swedes sometimes do, is mixing up W and V. Why anyone would want to see Jos back escapes me, though. ;)

hehe :p :

To add my voice to this debate: Excellent decision by the FIA. Granting entry originally to USF1 was THE mistake FIA made. Everything after that was right. Neither USF1 nor this Stefan thing belonged to F1.

Meanwhile, Welcome Lotus, Virgin, and Hispania! You'll all be more than 5 seconds off the pace, but who cares? So was Minardi once upon a time. But we still loved them! :)

Robinho
5th March 2010, 18:45
USF1 proved that just beacuse we could have 13 teams, doesn't mean we should, thank god that lesson was learned before making the same mistake by letting in Stefan.

the teams who can and did build a car are on the grid - i don't think we'll be missing any quality as a result of USF1's failure or Stefans non-entry

52Paddy
6th March 2010, 00:12
I expected that USF1 were not going to make it. I just wish they saw the light about a year ago and gave another team the opportunity to fill the final slot.

But, even so, 12 teams is fantastic and it's looking like a great year. Completely the correct decision not to let Stefan in. It would be farcical and show utmost disregard for their vetting procedure, which was already flawed enough anyway! If Stefan can (not that I expect him to) keep his trap shut and be graceful in defeat, I have nothing against him reapplying for a spot next year. But if he begins to moan about the FIA, then I don't want to see him near F1 ever again.

jens
10th March 2010, 08:41
It's actually a bit sad that the whole saga about Stefan GP and USF1 is over now and silence has taken ground. It was quite interesting and fun to follow their activities in the off-season. :) And Stefan proved that it's not quite possible to make it into F1 with "raw will and sheer power" these days. Shame that the negotiations failed to buy the F1 licence of USF1 - it would have been the most sensible outcome.

52Paddy
10th March 2010, 15:27
And Stefan proved that it's not quite possible to make it into F1 with "raw will and sheer power" these days.

No, they demonstrated that it is hard to get into F1 by running a scam, manipulating the authorities and hoping the cards fall in place for you.

Dave B
11th March 2010, 17:42
Official: the FIA have re-opened the selection process for 2011.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81991

DazzlaF1
11th March 2010, 22:54
Lola, Epsilon Euskadi, Prodrive and N.Technology were among the teams to have applied for an entry for this year.

Seems like N.Technology's disillusionment over the previous selection process hasn't stopped their interest.

Anyway out of those 4, all I have to say is GO LOLA!