PDA

View Full Version : Great video: McLaren mechanics owned by Ferrari during Barca testing!

Giuseppe F1
2nd March 2010, 17:18
Classic! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqm7RjgtVY&feature=player_embedded

gloomyDAY
2nd March 2010, 17:24
The Ferrari mechanic should have punched him.

Allyc85
2nd March 2010, 17:48
Youtube seems to be down for me, says Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Sonic
2nd March 2010, 18:30
ROFL.

Now all ferrari need to do is rig them up and stick 'em on the car all the time - could have a super charged V12 hidden under those screens!

jonny hurlock
2nd March 2010, 18:43

Nah, they're all as bad as each other and its a competitve business. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVv8uz_n78

The old "side step technique" soon took care of those screens lol..

8 years in the making for mclaren then

Robinho
2nd March 2010, 19:51
brilliant vid, i loved that everywhere that guy went a mechanic popped up with a screen - nice to see that there is still a bit of good humour between the teams

K-Pu
2nd March 2010, 20:01
Great stuff indeed! In fact, what woulf F1 be without technical syping?

f1kid1987
2nd March 2010, 20:02
Awsome vid. No need for a screen tho they all do it and the double diffuser is usully the same for all teams now. after last year

trigun7469
3rd March 2010, 02:53
great vids

ArrowsFA1
3rd March 2010, 08:52
:laugh: :laugh:

Weren't the use of screens like that banned some time ago :confused:

Storm
5th March 2010, 13:43
Amazing stuff :laugh:

MrJan
5th March 2010, 14:24
I hardly think that they were owned, matey already had a big old eyeful of it anyway. Pointless, childish games really, with modern photography you could probably get a pretty decent close up while they are out on track anyway.

yodasarmpit
5th March 2010, 16:34
Why all the seriousness, it was just a bit of hilarity by the Ferrari guys.
Quite funny tbh.

MrJan
5th March 2010, 16:42
Why all the seriousness, it was just a bit of hilarity by the Ferrari guys.
Quite funny tbh.

I got the impression, albeit with the sound off, that McLaren were having a laugh and it was Ferrari being serious. Didn't see many people wearing red with a grin on their faces.

AJP
6th March 2010, 23:35
How is that being owned ???

at least the McLaren guys had a smile on their face...

markabilly
7th March 2010, 15:12

Those macCheaters, caught again.....someone call MaX asap :ninja:

markabilly
7th March 2010, 15:13
I got the impression, albeit with the sound off, that McLaren were having a laugh and it was Ferrari being serious. Didn't see many people wearing red with a grin on their faces.
me neither....the ferrari guys all looked real serious

SGWilko
7th March 2010, 22:37
me neither....the ferrari guys all looked real serious

Yes. Charisma Bypasses are required before your CV is even considered at Ferrari.

luca leads by example.

RJL25
8th March 2010, 02:31
It's interesting to see the different mentalities in different parts of the world!

I think the Ferrari mechanics where putting the screens up in pretty good humor, one Ferrari mechanic in particular had a big smile on his face, it was all a good joke, they all know that high res pictures of the diffusers are on the net for all to see anyway.

However if any of that happened in either Australian or US motorsport, it would have been completely different, the Ferrari mechanic would have punched the Mclaren mechanics lights out for carrying on like that, but more to the point, the Mclaren mechanic would have had the respect to not act that way in the first place.

Maybe that stuff in considered acceptable in Brittish motorsport, but I know in Australia that kind of carry on is totally unacceptable

Azumanga Davo
8th March 2010, 15:02
It's interesting to see the different mentalities in different parts of the world!

I think the Ferrari mechanics where putting the screens up in pretty good humor, one Ferrari mechanic in particular had a big smile on his face, it was all a good joke, they all know that high res pictures of the diffusers are on the net for all to see anyway.

However if any of that happened in either Australian or US motorsport, it would have been completely different, the Ferrari mechanic would have punched the Mclaren mechanics lights out for carrying on like that, but more to the point, the Mclaren mechanic would have had the respect to not act that way in the first place.

Maybe that stuff in considered acceptable in Brittish motorsport, but I know in Australia that kind of carry on is totally unacceptable

Yes, how dare they look at a car... :/

Daniel
8th March 2010, 15:15

Huh? What a load of BS. It's a competitive sport, if Ferrari have something interesting happening in the back of their car McLaren will want to know. nothing wrong with that.

Daniel
8th March 2010, 15:23
I also didn't think it was a joke with the Ferrari guys either. I also don't see how anyone got "owned" either.

8th March 2010, 16:35
What's the world coming to?

Time was when you didn't have to try to steal a glimpse past some screens at your rivals car.

In the good old days, you could just wait for a disgruntled employee of your rival to send you the complete designs, then bleat on about how integrity was a watchword and how no such thing could happen in your team of angels.

Ah, the good old days.

Ari
9th March 2010, 09:34
brilliant vid, i loved that everywhere that guy went a mechanic popped up with a screen - nice to see that there is still a bit of good humour between the teams

Very funny indeed!

I would daresay it's for fun, but a little seriousness in it too. A bit of "oi, bugger off". ;)

Daniel
9th March 2010, 09:42
Very funny indeed!

I would daresay it's for fun, but a little seriousness in it too. A bit of "oi, bugger off". ;)
I still don't geddit. It would be funny if it were a lighthearted prank played on McLaren by Ferrari but it didn't appear to be that way. I think one Ferrari mechanic had a smile on his face but that's more likely that he was thinking about a humourous bowl of pasta he'd seen last night than at what was going on with McLaren.

MrJan
9th March 2010, 10:12
They also had a little device to cover the difuser as they roll it back, like a rubber curtain or something.

Daniel
9th March 2010, 10:14
They also had a little device to cover the difuser as they roll it back, like a rubber curtain or something.
OMFG!!!!! They owned or as people who type one letter wrong or think they're 1337, say, they pwned them!!!1111111

AJP
9th March 2010, 12:04
OMFG!!!!! They owned or as people who type one letter wrong or think they're 1337, say, they pwned them!!!1111111

Huh??? Am I missing something?

Daniel
9th March 2010, 12:05
Huh??? Am I missing something?
Nope, it seems you have to be missing a few brain cells to "get it" :)

AJP
9th March 2010, 12:07
;)

Daniel
9th March 2010, 12:38
It would have been funnier if the Mclaren boys had whipped out a Stanley knife and turned those screens into some kind of lame frame with a pretty much useless hole in it..Tooshay.. :p :)
Yes, then you could say "McLaren mechanics pwn Ferrari mechanics who were attempting to pwn the McLaren mechanics" and then if the Ferrari guys got some gaffer tape out and fixed it you could have a thread saying "Ferrari mechnics pwn McLaren mechanics who attempted to pwn the Ferrari mechanics who were pwning the McLaren mechanics"

Daniel
9th March 2010, 13:04
Between us Daniel I think we could write a great sketch.. ;)

Then once the gaffa tape had been used up each team could emerge from their garages with tins of Red and Silver paint splatting each other with super large brushes and... I've gone too far haven't I? :p
Yes, yes you have :p

Dave B
9th March 2010, 13:25
Have I wandered into a production meeting for a "humourous" BBC Three comedy? :s

Daniel
9th March 2010, 13:25
Have I wandered into a production meeting for a "humourous" BBC Three comedy? :s
Dave Brockman pwns some forum members.

SGWilko
9th March 2010, 13:30

I suspect 'spotty teens with souped up Corsa's and a token acne infested 14 year old female in the passeneger seat' are taking over..... lol@me m8.

Daniel
9th March 2010, 13:55
I suspect 'spotty teens with souped up Corsa's and a token acne infested 14 year old female in the passeneger seat' are taking over..... lol@me m8.
LOL u just fink cos we r not old that r forts rnt worth listnin 2. Chavs r ppl 2!

Dave B
9th March 2010, 14:05
Careful: keep talking like that and before you know it David Cameron will be trying to hug you.

Daniel
9th March 2010, 14:12
Careful: keep talking like that and before you know it David Cameron will be trying to hug you.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/14/article-0-07DB9012000005DC-883_634x316.jpg

Dave B
9th March 2010, 16:00
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs444.ash1/24477_380479432268_627167268_4971180_8173399_n.jpg

:p

Daniel
9th March 2010, 16:02
http://web5.twitpic.com/img/73154776-effcb30b175acc093a647e8d99c4ad07.4b966eed-scaled.jpg

Dave pwned Max

9th March 2010, 16:13
Daniel, I am disappointed that you have become a Chav. You could have done something with your life. Oh well, it's your own time your wasting!

The rest of you....well, it just proves what I always suspected.

You can take the boy out of the Council Estate, but you can't take the Council Estate out of the boy.

Daniel
9th March 2010, 16:15
Daniel, I am disappointed that you have become a Chav. You could have done something with your life. Oh well, it's your own time your wasting!

You can take the boy out of the Council Estate, but you can't take the Council Estate out of the boy.

I'm certainly no chav :D

Azumanga Davo
9th March 2010, 17:15
So how will the Ferrari perform with a shower curtain all around it, do you reckon? A unique and bold strategy perhaps? ;)

SGWilko
9th March 2010, 17:18

It's social/affordable housing these days Tamb - the blight local government puts upon the middle classes as a result of the S106 chestnut.

Do try to keep up.....

And I kid you not, it's no fun having to keep your windows shut in the middle of summer so your impressionable toddlers don't learn the language they come out with.

There, you can add snob to my list of labels you have Tamb. :laugh:

SGWilko
9th March 2010, 17:19
So how will the Ferrari perform with a shower curtain all around it, do you reckon? A unique and bold strategy perhaps? ;)

Nah, never 'appen - shower curtains are moveable aero devices - banned after Friday prectice. :)

SGWilko
9th March 2010, 17:20

I'm certainly no chav :D

Init? :laugh:

Azumanga Davo
9th March 2010, 17:39
Shame, it would compliment the "bathtub" nature of the cars so well. :p

markabilly
10th March 2010, 13:39
Yeah I must admit I watched it a couple of times to see where the Mclaren guys got "owned".. Hardly.. :)
Yes, it appears that Ferrari was the guys who were "running for cover", not Mac