PDA

View Full Version : Watching F1 Online

Koz
1st March 2010, 05:28
So the season is about to start, and I don't have SKY anymore...

How will I be able to watch the races?
Are there online streams? Do they include commentry etc?

How expensive are they? Do you pay subscriptions for the whole season or per race?

What about qualifying?

Thanks

Sonic
1st March 2010, 08:08
Depends where you live I guess. I've watched online on the BBC before but I'd guess that you can't do that outside the UK.

DexDexter
1st March 2010, 08:34
Google. ;)

janneppi
1st March 2010, 08:42
Some people do stream the races themselves to some sites or using programs like Sopcast, but they tend to get shutdown during races. It's nowadays near impossible to find a "free" stream that works well the whole weekend. Which is sort of a good thing i suppose, you wouldn't steal a handbag, would you? :D

snellman
1st March 2010, 09:49
filmon>bbc

Valve Bounce
1st March 2010, 12:12
I will ask pino to repost this before each week to give you the address of his chat room. If it is not available, somebody else will provide one. Turn up for the chat before quals and then ask somebody in the chat room for an address. Ozrevhead will not be available for the Oz GP as she will be in Melbourne. But ask around - there usually are several there who will help. I'll try to be there myself.

Dr. Krogshöj
1st March 2010, 15:41
The BBC provides full on-line coverage of every session from Friday practice to the race itself. If you happen to live outside the UK, there are subscription-based services on the internet that allow you to use UK-based proxy servers. Unlike free proxies, Filmon or other streams, they are high-bandwidth servers so you can watch the BBC feed in high quality and without lagging.

gloomyDAY
1st March 2010, 16:04
The BBC provides full on-line coverage of every session from Friday practice to the race itself. If you happen to live outside the UK, there are subscription-based services on the internet that allow you to use UK-based proxy servers. Unlike free proxies, Filmon or other streams, they are high-bandwidth servers so you can watch the BBC feed in high quality and without lagging.Please provide the website.

jonny hurlock
1st March 2010, 20:58
, you wouldn't steal a handbag, would you? :D

"you wouldn't shoot a police man, then still his helmet, you wouldn't go in the toilet in his helmet, and then send it to the police man grieving widow,then still it again"

btw quote from the it crowd, btw try the bbc website when the f1 is on (uk only), I watch at work for brazilian practice that time

Koz
1st March 2010, 23:28
Being in New Zealand, I don't think BBC would work for me.

Which is sort of a good thing i suppose, you wouldn't steal a handbag, would you? :D

No I wouldn't. If I can get it free, great. If not I am more than happy to pay for it.

2x what gloomy said.

Valve Bounce
2nd March 2010, 02:35

Go out, look for the cutest sheep, and offer it to the TV Station Manager. That should work. :rotflmao:

Koz
2nd March 2010, 04:11
Go out, look for the cutest sheep, and offer it to the TV Station Manager. That should work. :rotflmao:

I tried it, didn't work. :(

gloomyDAY
2nd March 2010, 04:33

No I wouldn't. If I can get it free, great. If not I am more than happy to pay for it.

2x what gloomy said.I found this site: http://www.watchliveformula1.com/

I'm going to take the risk and purchase the subscription before Bahrain.

garyshell
2nd March 2010, 05:07
I found this site: http://www.watchliveformula1.com/

I smell a scam.

Are the services you provide legal? Yes, without question. We at www.watchliveformula1.com (http://www.motorsportforums.com/) do not stream any motor sport coverage from our website. We do not provide links to download anything from any illegal sites. We do however provide links to the best live streaming action online. All the streams provided are from third party providers where internet streaming is 100% legal. The streams will provide you with access to a number of motor sport racing competitions including A1 Grand Prix, FIA WTCC, NASCAR, GP2 Asia Series and IRC Rally among others.

Gary

Koz
2nd March 2010, 06:24
I smell a scam.

Gary

You will not need to purchase a broadband connection or any special equipment in order to view any of our streams

That is another thing that makes me think, no reasonable feed will be watchable on dial up....

aryan
2nd March 2010, 06:24
there are subscription-based services on the internet that allow you to use UK-based proxy servers.

BBC has made sure that it has blocked the IP address of all said proxy providers. Pretty much none of them work anymore with iPlayer.

I would love there to be a way to PAY BBC to watch their broadcast, but I don't think there is any way.

aryan
2nd March 2010, 06:27

Beware. It looks and sounds like a scam.

Dave B
2nd March 2010, 07:30

Probably easier and quicker to put some money down your toilet and pull the chain. Cut out the middle man...

DexDexter
2nd March 2010, 07:49
Some people do stream the races themselves to some sites or using programs like Sopcast, but they tend to get shutdown during races. It's nowadays near impossible to find a "free" stream that works well the whole weekend. Which is sort of a good thing i suppose, you wouldn't steal a handbag, would you? :D

Instead you pay for a product that most people in Europe at least get for free. I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

rayburn
2nd March 2010, 09:31
Probably easier and quicker to put some money down your toilet and pull the chain. Cut out the middle man...

I like that!! :)

Cozzie
2nd March 2010, 09:54
Justin.tv

Dr. Krogshöj
2nd March 2010, 10:26
BBC has made sure that it has blocked the IP address of all said proxy providers. Pretty much none of them work anymore with iPlayer.

I would love there to be a way to PAY BBC to watch their broadcast, but I don't think there is any way.

The one I used last year worked with the iPlayer as well as the F1 broadcasts. I would also like to pay to BBC, because now my money doesn't go to either the broadcaster or the rights holder. It's a little bit insane but the way F1 contracts work it's not going to change for a couple of decades...

Valve Bounce
2nd March 2010, 11:05

For God's sake Aryan!! you can watch it live here on One HD and it's free. Of course, you do need a digital TV, and if you havn't got one, nick down to Costco and get yourself one.

gloomyDAY
2nd March 2010, 16:47
Speed TV is my other option, but no thanks!

aryan
3rd March 2010, 04:45
For God's sake Aryan!! you can watch it live here on One HD and it's free.

You've never seen BBC's coverage Valve, have you? Comparing it to One HD's coverage is like comparing an Aston Vantage V12 with a Holden Monaro. They're both coupes, you know!

Does One HD show the race ad-free?

Does One HD do one hour pre-race talk with the likes of Brundle and Coulthard as analysts?

Does One HD show the pit walk before the race? Or the excellent after-race commentary available on the "red button"?

One HD's coverage of F1 is pathetic at best. I'd gladly PAY BBC $100 a year to watch its F1 coverage. Only if there was a way for me to do so.

janneppi
3rd March 2010, 09:29
Instead you pay for a product that most people in Europe at least get for free. I wouldn't lose sleep over that.
I haven't payed, I think 15 eur per month is a total rip-off for the amount of actual program Maikkari shows.

raybak
3rd March 2010, 11:15
You've never seen BBC's coverage Valve, have you? Comparing it to One HD's coverage is like comparing an Aston Vantage V12 with a Holden Monaro. They're both coupes, you know!

Does One HD show the race ad-free?

Does One HD do one hour pre-race talk with the likes of Brundle and Coulthard as analysts?

Does One HD show the pit walk before the race? Or the excellent after-race commentary available on the "red button"?

One HD's coverage of F1 is pathetic at best. I'd gladly PAY BBC $100 a year
to watch its F1 coverage. Only if there was a way for me to do so.

Actually the last GP I watched live on One HD had about an hour before the start of the race, telecast started at 9pm and the race at 10pm. Was synced well with live timing and the pre race chatter was quite good. It's better than what we had with delayed telecasts pretending to be live.

Ray

ShiftingGears
3rd March 2010, 12:11
Actually the last GP I watched live on One HD had about an hour before the start of the race, telecast started at 9pm and the race at 10pm. Was synced well with live timing and the pre race chatter was quite good. It's better than what we had with delayed telecasts pretending to be live.

Ray

I wasn't a huge fan of listening to Peter Windsor but I could tolerate Greg Rust and Cam McConville. The coverage is better than it was but doesn't hold a candle to the BBC coverage. Then again, F1 isn't a priority sport here at all.

AndyL
3rd March 2010, 15:16
I wasn't a huge fan of listening to Peter Windsor but I could tolerate Greg Rust and Cam McConville. The coverage is better than it was but doesn't hold a candle to the BBC coverage. Then again, F1 isn't a priority sport here at all.

I get the impression that the BBC coverage has kind of spoiled it for everyone else :( From what has been said recently in this and other threads it sounds like we were quite privileged in the UK even with the old ITV coverage.
A few years ago Bernie tried an international pay-per-view F1 channel with selectable on-board cameras etc... maybe he should try it again but partner up with the BBC to provide the commentary and studio coverage. And make it cheaper, because I think it failed last time mainly due to the high cost.