PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to be WDC and who do you think will be WDC?

ShiftingGears
26th February 2010, 11:50
For me, I want Mark Webber to be world champion. As for who I think will be champion, Fernando Alonso.

What about you?

Hondo
26th February 2010, 11:57
I want Webber to take it too. I think Schumacher might get it. Alonso will be done when Ferrari gets suspended.

wedge
26th February 2010, 12:09
It's between Hamilton and Alonso. I don't mind either winning and I realistically can not decide who will win out of the two.

Saint Devote
26th February 2010, 12:13
Dont be silly - JENSON of course! :D

If not Jense? There is only one other driver I respect on the grid in the same way and his name is MARK WEBBER! :s mokin:

Who do i think will be? One of the above - they are both tougher than their teammates - especially Webber.

And I think the only driver really willing to go head to head into a corner with Alonso is Webber.

Hawkmoon
26th February 2010, 12:21
Want: Alonso or Massa

Think: Alonso or Massa

Reality: who the hell knows?

pino
26th February 2010, 13:06
I want Jarno to win, but it will be Alonso :p :

Hiryu
26th February 2010, 13:16
I like Kubica but it will be Alonso or Hamilton.

V12
26th February 2010, 14:00
Button - and no.

Big Ben
26th February 2010, 14:39
Alonso and I don't know... probably Alonso again.

Donney
26th February 2010, 14:50
I want De la Rosa to be the champion and I think it will be between Hamilton and Alonso (hopefully Alonso)

Big Ben
26th February 2010, 14:52
I want De la Rosa to be the champion and I think it will be between Hamilton and Alonso (hopefully Alonso)

ok... not that anyone asked but if it's not Alonso I want PDLR too

turismo6
26th February 2010, 14:52
Rosberg Massa

Pat Wiatrowski
26th February 2010, 15:52
Mikey

gloomyDAY
26th February 2010, 16:21
Want? Vettel.

Think? Hamilton.

Dr. Krogshöj
26th February 2010, 16:27
I'd like Massa to win but I think it will be Alonso. I am not a Ferrari fan.

christophulus
26th February 2010, 16:37
I'd like it to be a ten way fight and it to be won by a Williams driver, ultimately being decided at the final event by the number of 10th place finishes :p

Realistically, I'd like to see Massa win it and crush Alonso in the process. As it happens I fear it'll be other way around..

UltimateDanGTR
26th February 2010, 16:37
Want: Hamilton

Think: goodness me, don't ask me that question. I honestly can't decide between schumacher, alonso, massa, hamilton, vettel or webber.

BTCC2
26th February 2010, 16:55
Want- Michael Schumacher
Think- Fernando Alonso

bartlock
26th February 2010, 16:57
Alonso for both questions

Sonic
26th February 2010, 18:10
I'm not really fussed by any of the main contenders; Hamster, Bunsen, Fred, Massa, Vettel, Schu but as long as its a close season I'll be well happy.

In my wildest dreams I'd go nutts mental if Big Nico could do it with Webs a close second in my wish list for WDC.

jonny hurlock
26th February 2010, 18:46
I'm not really fussed by any of the main contenders; Hamster, Bunsen, Fred, Massa, Vettel, Schu but as long as its a close season I'll be well happy.

In my wildest dreams I'd go nutts mental if Big Nico could do it with Webs a close second in my wish list for WDC.

I agree on that, any of the 7 above minus nico will do, I think could be either Vettel or Alonso

Langdale Forest
26th February 2010, 19:38
It would be good if Massa wins the championship this year because of his recovery after the spring incident last year. I don't think Shumacher will win but Hamilton, Alonso or Hamilton have a good chance of winning. :)

Cozzie
26th February 2010, 23:22
Want: Schumacher or Vettel

Think: Vettel or Alonso

Saint Devote
27th February 2010, 00:46
I agree on that, any of the 7 above minus nico will do, I think could be either Vettel or Alonso

Well, Newey did compliment Vettel by saying that he reminds him a great deal of Nigel Mansell. If he has half of "Our Noige's" tenacity and fearlessness, in the RB06 he WILL be champion.

Saint Devote
27th February 2010, 00:55
It would be good if Massa wins the championship this year because of his recovery after the spring incident last year. I don't think Shumacher will win but Hamilton, Alonso or Hamilton have a good chance of winning. :)

If Massa were to win, it would be against all the odds. Why?

The Spaniard will cause political revolution within the Ferrari team if he even suspects that he is losing the upper hand [real or imagined] and if Mclaren could not handle him, the Scuderia certainly is unlikely.

Second secret weapon? Ferrari hire Flavio! :eek: the first of course is Fernando himself. He is probably the most exciting driver out there when he releases that racing terrier in his soul! I love watching him race - the Japanese grand prix in 2008 was just superb.

harvick#1
27th February 2010, 01:06
Vettel and Vettel

F1boat
27th February 2010, 13:12
Want - Michael or Jenson
Think - Really, really don't know, but Alonso seem competitive

Hondo
27th February 2010, 14:43
If Massa were to win, it would be against all the odds. Why?

The Spaniard will cause political revolution within the Ferrari team if he even suspects that he is losing the upper hand [real or imagined] and if Mclaren could not handle him, the Scuderia certainly is unlikely.

Second secret weapon? Ferrari hire Flavio! :eek: the first of course is Fernando himself. He is probably the most exciting driver out there when he releases that racing terrier in his soul! I love watching him race - the Japanese grand prix in 2008 was just superb.

Ferrari may have to hire Flavio just to keep him quiet and to make sure they finish the season.

jens
27th February 2010, 18:12
Want?
Vettel. My #2 choice is Massa. Either option would mean the emergence of a new WDC. But I wouldn't have anything against Hamilton and Schumacher either - it's always exciting to follow the actions of those great drivers. It would be positive if Webber, Button and Rosberg managed to give a run for their team-mate's money too. Alonso's title among the "Big 8D/4T" would leave me most indifferent.

Who will win? One of Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and maybe Massa can have a remote shot too if the Ferrari is as good as it looks and he himself is as good as I hope him to be. :p :

Saint Devote
28th February 2010, 01:01
Ferrari may have to hire Flavio just to keep him quiet and to make sure they finish the season.''

Well dear old di Montezemolo does seem to have rising delusions that he is Enzo Ferrari - so why not! :D

I see that the Scuderia is already darkly muttering about the possibility of Mike Coughlin joining one of the new teams :vader:

With Alonso in ANY team, providing they have a competitive car, it can ONLY be self destructive tendencies [Mclaren circa 2007] that prevent him winning a championship for them.

Saint Devote
28th February 2010, 01:09
It would be positive if Webber, Button and Rosberg managed to give a run for their team-mate's money too.

"Ang on a bloody moment there mate!"

What do you mean by including Jenson in that sort of reference?
Jenson is going to beat Hamilton and is a far better driver than his fellow Brit.

Jenson does not throw the car into the wall or the scenery at crucial points on a grand prix weekend.

Which of them is the quickest - well neither of them are a Clark or a Senna.

Hawkmoon
28th February 2010, 04:13

Jenson is going to beat Hamilton and is a far better driver than his fellow Brit.

Jenson does not throw the car into the wall or the scenery at crucial points on a grand prix weekend.

It says something about Jenson Button that most people don't consider him a title contender despite having arguably one of the best cars on the grid and being the reigning world champion. A holdover from Button's rather limp finish to last season perhaps.

Good on you for being a fan and don't let anybody tell you otherwise but I can see Button scrapping with Webber and Rosberg for 6th in the championship behind the Ferraris, Schumi, Vettel and Hamilton.

Button just doesn't evoke thoughts of greatness. He's had half a good season in his entire career and rode it to the championship. Well done for seizing the moment but if Schumi, Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso were in the other Brawn last year I think Button woud be where Barrichello is now - driving for an also-ran.

Koz
28th February 2010, 05:52
Massa/Alonso and Massa/Alonso.

Button just doesn't evoke thoughts of greatness. He's had half a good season in his entire career and rode it to the championship. Well done for seizing the moment but if Schumi, Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso were in the other Brawn last year I think Button woud be where Barrichello is now - driving for an also-ran.

Exactly.

I'll love it when the Button fans here start screaming CHEAT when Hamilton decimates him.

F1boat
28th February 2010, 06:01
Most people didn't consider Massa a title contender either and he did very well. I think that Jenson might surprise a few people. I am not saying that he will beat Lewis, but I will be surprised if he is "decimated" by Lewis, unless the team is the same like in 2007 and I don't believe so, I trust Whitmarsh.
Same about Webber. He wasn't decimated last year when he started the season after horrible incident and I doubt that he will be decimated this year. I think that part of this expectations are coming with the obsession with young drivers, but we'll see.
On the other hand, I expect that if Michael is in his old form, as Ross Brawn suggests, he will beat Nico. But we have to wait and see whether this undoubtedly great driver can face the greatest adversary ever - age and time...

ozrevhead
28th February 2010, 10:41
Who do I think will win - Alonso, Button or Hamilton

Who do I want to see win - who do you think :D :D :D

Saint Devote
28th February 2010, 15:55
It says something about Jenson Button that most people don't consider him a title contender despite having arguably one of the best cars on the grid and being the reigning world champion. A holdover from Button's rather limp finish to last season perhaps.

Good on you for being a fan and don't let anybody tell you otherwise but I can see Button scrapping with Webber and Rosberg for 6th in the championship behind the Ferraris, Schumi, Vettel and Hamilton.

Well everyone is entitled to their views. I think the refusal by people to recognize Jenson after his 2009 season is the result of cognitive dissonance.

Moving to Mclaren was a brave move and the sort of shift that Alonso, Schumacher and Hamilton would never make - because they afraid of strong teammates.

Vettel is the one top driver I consider to be similar to Jenson in that department. And to have Newey say that he reminds him of Nigel Mansell - just warms me to the German driver. Nobody braver or tougher than Nigel.

In a column by Bradley Lord - PR for Renault - he wrote: Eric Cantona said "If you don't expose yourself to danger, you never know who you are".

Jenson by moving to Mclaren shows strength that Hamilton [definitely] or Alonso or Schumacher do not have.

THIS is why I support Jenson - I know who he is. Over ten years of being a fan you learn a lot.

I have complete confidence in Jenson and I know that he will as always do his best. He has never disappointed his true supporters :D

steveaki13
28th February 2010, 18:31
Want: Button
Think: ? Hamilton or Alonso

K-Pu
28th February 2010, 19:05
Want: De la Rosa.

Think: Not even the slightsest idea, but I´d go for Alonso or Hamilton if necessary...

Sonic
28th February 2010, 20:01
[quote="K-Pu"]Want: De la Rosa.

[quote]

:p I thought I was off my head wishing for Nico R.

jens
28th February 2010, 22:05

I like your optimism, but Button has got the worst possible team-mate and anyone would find it mighty difficult against Hamilton, including Schumacher himself. Even Alonso was struggling to match Hamilton's pace on numerous occasions in the Brit's debut season, Button is going to find it even more difficult. In qualifying sessions for 2008 Canadian and 2009 Abu Dhabi GP's Hamilton obliterated the field by beating them by 6 tenths. Let's add those impressive drives at Silverstone and Hockenheim in 2008. And those are just a few examples. I haven't seen anything in Button's arsenal to match those feats. As you mentioned Clark or Senna, then well - those performances I just mentioned might well be considered as the equivalents of Senna/Clark in modern era.

Saint Devote
28th February 2010, 23:14
I like your optimism, but Button has got the worst possible team-mate and anyone would find it mighty difficult against Hamilton, including Schumacher himself. Even Alonso was struggling to match Hamilton's pace on numerous occasions in the Brit's debut season, Button is going to find it even more difficult. In qualifying sessions for 2008 Canadian and 2009 Abu Dhabi GP's Hamilton obliterated the field by beating them by 6 tenths. Let's add those impressive drives at Silverstone and Hockenheim in 2008. And those are just a few examples. I haven't seen anything in Button's arsenal to match those feats. As you mentioned Clark or Senna, then well - those performances I just mentioned might well be considered as the equivalents of Senna/Clark in modern era.

Clearly Jenson is not intimidated by Hamilton as you are!
I urge that you not sign a contract to race alongside him if it is offered to you - thats my best advice :s mokin:

jens
28th February 2010, 23:29
Clearly Jenson is not intimidated by Hamilton as you are!
I urge that you not sign a contract to race alongside him if it is offered to you - thats my best advice :s mokin:

A professional racing driver should not be intimidated by racing against top drivers and I respect him for that. I also don't have a bad word to say about Kovalainen's decision - he was rated highly after 2007, he got the option to race in McLaren and grabbed it with both hands. He failed in the challenge, but at least he tried.

Saint Devote
1st March 2010, 00:35
A professional racing driver should not be intimidated by racing against top drivers and I respect him for that. I also don't have a bad word to say about Kovalainen's decision - he was rated highly after 2007, he got the option to race in McLaren and grabbed it with both hands. He failed in the challenge, but at least he tried.

Kovalainen was a reactionary decision - there were no top drivers available. Nobody expected him to do any better than he did - although they hoped. The Finnish driver has seen his best days.

I realize you did not intend to include Heikki as an equal alongside the reigning world champion Jenson Button.

airshifter
1st March 2010, 03:23
Kovalainen was a reactionary decision - there were no top drivers available. Nobody expected him to do any better than he did - although they hoped. The Finnish driver has seen his best days.

I realize you did not intend to include Heikki as an equal alongside the reigning world champion Jenson Button.

And we realize your "bromance" with Jenson is never ending. You simply have to accept the fact that not everyone thinks that highly of him.

As for Monaco, Jenson posted neither the fastest qualification lap (that was Kimi), nor the fastest race lap (IIRC Massa). Ross Brawn called a strategy that won the race, and most of us found it far from epic.

aryan
1st March 2010, 05:57
Want: Webber or Rubens
Think: Hamilton or Alonso.

PS: A poll would be nice on this. Or two polls in fact, one for think, one for want.

F1boat
1st March 2010, 06:27
And we realize your "bromance" with Jenson is never ending. You simply have to accept the fact that not everyone thinks that highly of him.

As for Monaco, Jenson posted neither the fastest qualification lap (that was Kimi)

Maybe you are speaking about the 2nd qualifying, but I am pretty sure that Jenson won Pole-Position in Monte Carlo, just ahead of Kimi.
St. Devote, if the naysayers are right and Lewis beats Jenson, would you continue to support Button? I am just curious - not in any way teasing you.

Sonic
1st March 2010, 07:48
Maybe you are speaking about the 2nd qualifying, but I am pretty sure that Jenson won Pole-Position in Monte Carlo, just ahead of Kimi.
St. Devote, if the naysayers are right and Lewis beats Jenson, would you continue to support Button? I am just curious - not in any way teasing you.

I think we all know the answer to that; St.D is no glory hunter fan.

F1boat
1st March 2010, 09:23
I like your optimism, but Button has got the worst possible team-mate .

Michael will be even worse. Hence Jenson chose Lewis ;)

jens
1st March 2010, 11:04

Umm, if Michael was 30 years old, I might agree with you. But at the moment he can't have too many years left, so I think the current situation might not look too dramatic for Rosberg if he manages to establish himself as a long-term prospect for the team. But it's massively unlikely for Button to expect Hamilton leaving McLaren any time soon to take over the role of a lead driver by himself.

Saint Devote
1st March 2010, 11:18

As for Monaco, Jenson posted neither the fastest qualification lap (that was Kimi), nor the fastest race lap (IIRC Massa). Ross Brawn called a strategy that won the race, and most of us found it far from epic.

In Q1 Jenson won pole position.

How shall I put this - I am sure that you found none of Schumacher's Monte Carlo victories "epic" either.

And if you read Autosport, Ross at the time said the victory was just like being back with Schumacher. High praise :D

Lastly, I don't care what your view of Jenson is - the problem with the haters like you is that you attack Button and his fans. Sad.

Saint Devote
1st March 2010, 11:28

Yes of course I would continue to support Button. I only stop supporting a driver when they are no longer racing.

Jenson always does his best and no matter how the Mclaren years turned out I would accept the results as long as it was fair play. And here I am not referring to favoritism.

I know that if Lewis has three victories in the first six races, he will be favored as far as first in line with car updates and I understand that.

I am well aware - as are all Jenson supporters - that signing with Mclaren is the toughest place to be, but it is the best team in all of motor racing and that Jenson is a Mclaren driver is just so superb.

I remember what it was like when he had to drive those ugly awful Hondas [god I hated those cars and I still hate Honda although they were pretty decent to Brawn] while lesser drivers were in competitive cars!

Saint Devote
1st March 2010, 11:34

Then Ross and Nico must be liars because they said that Schumacher was only seriously approached after Jenson started negotiations with Mclaren.

And Nico in an interview a couple of months ago said that he was looking forward to being Jenson's teammate.

K-Pu
1st March 2010, 12:22
Want: De la Rosa.

:p I thought I was off my head wishing for Nico R.

Well, that´s what I want. I also want to have an unexhaustable cart of money, I don´t want to work everyday and right now I´d like to be having a nice walk in the mountains...

I know I have between zero and no chances of seeing DLR as WDC, but dreaming is free :D .

Pulidor
1st March 2010, 13:28
Want: De la Rosa or Hamilton

Think: Hamilton or Alonso

K-Pu
1st March 2010, 13:38
Why do everybody with the flag of Spain under their names want De la Rosa to be WDC?

Coincidence? Luck? Serendipia? :D

Pulidor
1st March 2010, 14:07
Why do everybody with the flag of Spain under their names want De la Rosa to be WDC?

Coincidence? Luck? Serendipia? :D

lol! :D
Iker Jiménez would be proud of us! :D

F1boat
1st March 2010, 17:10
Yes of course I would continue to support Button.

Respect!

WSRfan82
1st March 2010, 19:52
Want: Hamilton or Massa

Think: Hamilton or Schey

keysersoze
1st March 2010, 22:52
The rumors about Mercedes' super diffuser has certainly made it difficult for me to pick. I'd have gone with Alonso and Hamilton, in that order, with Vettel right on their a$$es, but now I'm not so sure.

Since Fisi is gone I don't have a favorite, but I'd like to see Nico get some wins.

Saint Devote
2nd March 2010, 02:16
Interesting that Lotus does not have their double diffuser on the car yet. They expect that and significant aerodynamic upgrades at Catalunya.

Saint Devote
2nd March 2010, 02:20
The rumors about Mercedes' super diffuser has certainly made it difficult for me to pick. I'd have gone with Alonso and Hamilton, in that order, with Vettel right on their a$$es, but now I'm not so sure.

Since Fisi is gone I don't have a favorite, but I'd like to see Nico get some wins.

Vettel has a weakness - when under pressure he reacts emotionalistically - 2010 will show whether he has that under control.

Rosberg is in a difficult position - does he learn from Schumi or does he try and beat him and raise the temperature within the team.

Hondo
2nd March 2010, 02:55
Vettel has a weakness - when under pressure he reacts emotionalistically - 2010 will show whether he has that under control.

Rosberg is in a difficult position - does he learn from Schumi or does he try and beat him and raise the temperature within the team.

Nothing difficult for Rosberg at all. He does both. If it creates problems in the team the team will have to look for a solution.

Saint Devote
2nd March 2010, 04:04
Nothing difficult for Rosberg at all. He does both. If it creates problems in the team the team will have to look for a solution.

You are referring to MICHAEL Schumacher? Yes?

His teammates are not generally disliking of him - only Herbert really complains - but Schumi does not wait for a team to look for anything.

Schumi acts and takes control.

It is not wise to consider Schumi any different to the Schumi that gave Kimi an overtaking lesson at Interlagos in 2006.

And I am sure Rosberg will tread with care.

F1boat
2nd March 2010, 06:49
God, I can't wait for the new season!!!

Garry Walker
2nd March 2010, 20:05
Want: Schumacher
think: Schumacher

Sig material.

I have infact witnessed yourself over the last few days having swipes at Lewis Hamilton in a manner which you do not tolerate in reverse, so lets try to keep it level before taking the moral highground... :)
He talks tough, but deep inside he knows that Hamilton will destroy BoybandButton bigtime.

ozrevhead
3rd March 2010, 11:33
disagree - Nico is dammed if he does dammed if he doesnt

If he beats schumacher then MS is past it, he doesnt and its good night f1 Nico

ST205GT4
3rd March 2010, 11:50
You are referring to MICHAEL Schumacher? Yes?

His teammates are not generally disliking of him - only Herbert really complains - but Schumi does not wait for a team to look for anything.

Schumi acts and takes control.

It is not wise to consider Schumi any different to the Schumi that gave Kimi an overtaking lesson at Interlagos in 2006.

And I am sure Rosberg will tread with care.

I think Rosberg would be nuts to just let Schumacher dictate terms to him.

Senna didn't do that with Prost.
Hamilton didn't do that with Alonso.

It's in the best interests of his career to drive as hard as he can. If Mercedes decide that he's not a team player but he's demonstrated that he can mix it with Schumacher then there are plenty of other teams that will be lining up for his signature at year end.

Saint Devote
3rd March 2010, 11:59
Want: Schumacher
think: Schumacher

Sig material.

He talks tough, but deep inside he knows that Hamilton will destroy BoybandButton bigtime.

No, it is YOU wishes that and you call Button names because are afraid that he will beat Hamilton. You know that Jenson under chaotic conditions does not crack as does Lewis.

For under pressure, Lewis Hamilton as he demonstrated in 2008 and 2009 at Monte Carlo and at Monza - has a glass jaw.

Saint Devote
3rd March 2010, 12:06
I think Rosberg would be nuts to just let Schumacher dictate terms to him.

Senna didn't do that with Prost.
Hamilton didn't do that with Alonso.

It's in the best interests of his career to drive as hard as he can. If Mercedes decide that he's not a team player but he's demonstrated that he can mix it with Schumacher then there are plenty of other teams that will be lining up for his signature at year end.

Its the Kimi factor - who is Nico?

Is he the "deflated ball" similar to Jackie Stewart and like Kimi or will he be affected by Schumacher?

ArrowsFA1
3rd March 2010, 12:55
Who do I think will be WDC? No idea. There seem to be 4 main teams in contention - Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull & Mercedes - and each of them have very strong driver pairings, so I guess the WDC will come from any one of those eight drivers. Of those there are four WDCs so on the basis that they've 'been there and done it' one of Alonso, Hamilton, Button or Schumacher will probably take the spoils with Vettel being an 'outsider'. I'm thinking maybe Alonso...

As for who I want to be WDC...It would be great to see Button successfully defend his title with a new team. Then again seeing the Alonso era at Ferrari begin with his third title would be special. But Schumacher winning an 8th title wearing his Ferrari red lid would be phenomenal, and Hamilton beating a class field like that would be one hell of an achievement. However, I really want to see Williams at the front again so I'm rooting for Barrichello or Hulkenberg :s mokin:

Storm
5th March 2010, 13:33
I would like to see Felipe Massa get the title (which he deserved and lost on the last corner in Brasil) and after his crash last year. I think a lot of people would like to see him finally do it.
I would also not mind Alonso winning his 3rd title.

Like Arrows above, I would love if Barrichello wins it with Williams (though this will not happen)

What I think may happen though ? - Hamilton will win his 2nd.

Saint Devote
6th March 2010, 01:59
Pathetic. :rolleyes:
All drivers experience momentary lapses under pressure and you show me one driver who is an exception of this. Button even admitted in Brazil last season after that epic drive that the pressure had got to him, and that lapse lasted 5 races in a row!!

Thats not the point - when Lewis messes up he is praised. When Jenson acts human he is attacked.

Therefore I will act as judge, jury and executioner in this matter.

Imagine the attacks on Jenson if he had won HIS title as a result of Ferrari mechanical failure and a rainshower in Brazil and by one point only as Lewis did?

And Lewis messing up during q1 at MOnte Carlo and on the final lap at Monza was not due to pressure - it was misjudgement by a driver celebrated as the next Schumacher and it was not at all the hallmark fo a world champion.

Saint Devote
6th March 2010, 02:16
I would like to see Felipe Massa get the title (which he deserved and lost on the last corner in Brasil) and after his crash last year. I think a lot of people would like to see him finally do it.
I would also not mind Alonso winning his 3rd title.

Like Arrows above, I would love if Barrichello wins it with Williams (though this will not happen)

What I think may happen though ? - Hamilton will win his 2nd.

Hamilton? Against Alonso if the Ferrari is competitive as it seems and the entire effort of Maranello providing the wind in his sails?!! :eek:

I don't think so! :vader:

Alonso is good - really good and better than Hamilton.

F1boat
6th March 2010, 18:19
Hamilton? Against Alonso if the Ferrari is competitive as it seems and the entire effort of Maranello providing the wind in his sails?!! :eek:

I don't think so! :vader:

As much as I like Alonso, Hamilton is his equal. Lewis is amazing, very fast and devoted. You saw him when he talked about Michael? He was delighted, like Harry Potter before a game of Quidditch. He really loves this stuff and is extremely fast.

airshifter
6th March 2010, 20:47
Therefore I will act as judge, jury and executioner in this matter..

It wouldn't be the first time! :laugh:

Imagine the attacks on Jenson if he had won HIS title as a result of Ferrari mechanical failure and a rainshower in Brazil and by one point only as Lewis did?

And Lewis messing up during q1 at MOnte Carlo and on the final lap at Monza was not due to pressure - it was misjudgement by a driver celebrated as the next Schumacher and it was not at all the hallmark fo a world champion.

So instead Jenson won when the car was without doubt dominant through the mid season period. Other than besting Rubens he still didn't prove a lot in the drivers respect.

And really, ever driver on the grid has made poor judgements at some point, including the drivers with now 12 WDCs between them.

Lewis lost his first WDC, but his second is still a title. Would you devalue Jenson's WDC if he had won by a lesser margin.... and if not why would you not consider the car advantage?

Triumph
6th March 2010, 22:42
Lewis Hamilton. The reason being that he needs at least another two championships to ensure that the history books contain a representative record of his ability.

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 02:17
It wouldn't be the first time! :laugh:

So instead Jenson won when the car was without doubt dominant through the mid season period. Other than besting Rubens he still didn't prove a lot in the drivers respect.

And really, ever driver on the grid has made poor judgements at some point, including the drivers with now 12 WDCs between them.

Lewis lost his first WDC, but his second is still a title. Would you devalue Jenson's WDC if he had won by a lesser margin.... and if not why would you not consider the car advantage?

You've missed the point entirely :arrows:

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 02:29
As much as I like Alonso, Hamilton is his equal. Lewis is amazing, very fast and devoted. You saw him when he talked about Michael? He was delighted, like Harry Potter before a game of Quidditch. He really loves this stuff and is extremely fast.

Lets not get "one step beyond reality" here.

Hamilton has not proven himself to be Alonso's equal. He has weaknesses on track that Alonso does not and won his championship in a year that Alonso had an uncompetitive car.

The Mclaren year was traumatic for Alonso in a new team where Hamilton was already the "old boy". And still Alonso was not beaten by Hamilton. Hamilton with Ron Dennis on his side in the team had the Maradonna "hand of god" in his corner and that must never be overlooked.

Alonso has beaten Schumacher during his first career and it had an effect significant enough that led di Montezemolo to oust the German driver and to the exit of Todt.

There will be only two drivers on the same level next Sunday and they are named Michael and Fernando.

It is up to all the other drivers to prove they belong with those two.

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 02:47
Lewis Hamilton. The reason being that he needs at least another two championships to ensure that the history books contain a representative record of his ability.

World titles are not representative.
Winning grands prix during a season when one has an able car is.

Sure the WDC demonstrates superior ability of a driver but is not an equalizer.

A driver's ratio's do not lie.

Hamilton
2008: 27.7% wins

Alonso
2005: 38.8% wins
2006: 38.8% wins

keysersoze
7th March 2010, 04:31
World titles are not representative.
Winning grands prix during a season when one has an able car is.

Sure the WDC demonstrates superior ability of a driver but is not an equalizer.

A driver's ratio's do not lie.

Hamilton
2008: 27.7% wins

Alonso
2005: 38.8% wins
2006: 38.8% wins

Dude, you are cherry picking your stats and have conveniently omitted a great deal of context. For example, in 2005 only three constructors won races, and except for Jenson's flukey win in Budapest, in 2006 Renault and Ferrari won all the races. In 2008, Lewis' championship year, FIVE constructors won races, and Ferrari alone won 7, but still failed to bag the WDC.

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 06:17
Dude, you are cherry picking your stats and have conveniently omitted a great deal of context. For example, in 2005 only three constructors won races, and except for Jenson's flukey win in Budapest, in 2006 Renault and Ferrari won all the races. In 2008, Lewis' championship year, FIVE constructors won races, and Ferrari alone won 7, but still failed to bag the WDC.

Word-up B!

Whats your point anyway? That there has to be five constructors winning?

Jenson won in Istanbul - and this message had nothing to do with him - because Vettel made an error - errors cost the German driver heavily in 2009 - and Jenson capitalized. Thats normal in racing.

Secondly, part of a driver's ability is to get into the best car he can.

Thirdly, my message was about the championship years for Hamilton and Alonso and Alonso far outperformed Hamilton by comparison and won the title twice in a row.

Lastly, if you would actually read the threads you will see that my core point was that championships indicate a superior driver but win percentages relative to the car driven is the best indicator of the driver achieving.

Now this may irk you but Jenson made good use of his car and won 35.3% of his races which is better than Hamilton but not as good as Alonso.

Alonso is still the top driver out there and, if that Ferrari is really competitive then he is going to give everyone a lesson to remember in 2010.

Mark my words well.

7th March 2010, 06:26
Want - Button
Think - Alonso

It's going to seem weird without Kimi this year.

keysersoze
7th March 2010, 13:31
Word-up B!

Whats your point anyway? That there has to be five constructors winning?

Jenson won in Istanbul - and this message had nothing to do with him - because Vettel made an error - errors cost the German driver heavily in 2009 - and Jenson capitalized. Thats normal in racing.

Thirdly, my message was about the championship years for Hamilton and Alonso and Alonso far outperformed Hamilton by comparison and won the title twice in a row.

Lastly, if you would actually read the threads you will see that my core point was that championships indicate a superior driver but win percentages relative to the car driven is the best indicator of the driver achieving.

Now this may irk you but Jenson made good use of his car and won 35.3% of his races which is better than Hamilton but not as good as Alonso.

Alonso is still the top driver out there and, if that Ferrari is really competitive then he is going to give everyone a lesson to remember in 2010.

Mark my words well.

I can't type any slower so it seems you are incapable of seeing the point. But I'll put it another way: if five teams are capable of winning, then it's only natural that the WDC will win fewer races. If only three teams can win, then the WDC will likely bag a higher percentage of the wins.

keysersoze
7th March 2010, 13:36
Word-up B!

There are numerous examples of a driver X getting into team Y as a result of circumstance more so than performance.

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 16:35
:cool:
I can't type any slower so it seems you are incapable of seeing the point. But I'll put it another way: if five teams are capable of winning, then it's only natural that the WDC will win fewer races. If only three teams can win, then the WDC will likely bag a higher percentage of the wins.

I think you would be better suited to something other than F1 because you have just described your desire for a standardized series and rubbished people such as Fangio, Clark and Senna.

slorydn1
7th March 2010, 16:39
I want Shuey to do it, of course :p :

But, realisticly I gotta probably say Hamilton or Alonzo....Last year was an abberation, to be sure. Ferrari and McLaren will be back on top where they belong, imo

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 16:52
There are numerous examples of a driver X getting into team Y as a result of circumstance more so than performance.

How many competitive F1 teams sign a driver even though he has not proven himself? It is not a usual action at all.

But even that - it is reamining in the team and building a winning combination that is something top drivers achieve.

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 16:59
Jenson is fully prepared and as he has said on Twitter his motivation to try and win another championship is at the top again because he is in the best racing team - Mclaren.

I am sure that I can speak for a lot of Jenson supporters by saying that him being a Mclaren driver is the most excited and happiest we have been EVER! preseason.

Jense said: I've never known a team work as hard as we have done over the winter – I've spent more time with my engineers this winter than I have before any other season, and I feel very comfortable about my preparations"

Next stop Sakhir!!! :-]

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 17:03
Want - Button
Think - Alonso

It's going to seem weird without Kimi this year.

I'd say that it is a disgrace.

And for the FIA to be so rigid over a third car especially now that there are TWO vacancies and the silliness of a 100% vote requirement lessens anybody's win at Spa this year for a start.

Kimi is clearly the SpaMeister just as Schumi is the MonacoMeister.

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 19:46
You obviously don't read any of the negative posts about Lewis on here then.. :rolleyes:

Indeed, but can you imagine if Jenson had won his title having fought for a whole season with competition who were close in performance at every event? The fact that Ferrari and Mclaren were so closely matched, made the 2008 a very exciting season IMO. Throw in a couple of dodgy steward decisions, and some unfortunate incidents for both teams and you have the recipe for a great season. The first half of last season was intensely dull and nobody wants to see the same driver win at every race, regardless of whether its their favourite driver or not. It was Jenson's drives in Brazil and Abu Dhabi which earned him respect because he was no longer driving a car which was a country mile in front of the rest of the field performance wise.

Until your post I did not realize how inferior Prost, Senna and Schumacher's championshps were!

So if Jenson had won the title by one point instead of double digits it would have been "superior"? :rolleyes:

Garry Walker
10th March 2010, 15:15
No, it is YOU wishes that and you call Button names because are afraid that he will beat Hamilton. You know that Jenson under chaotic conditions does not crack as does Lewis.

For under pressure, Lewis Hamilton as he demonstrated in 2008 and 2009 at Monte Carlo and at Monza - has a glass jaw.

I dont care about Button or Hamilton either way, I dont like either of them. The biggest reason I dont like Button is because of you actually. So I will be cheering and laughing whenever Hamilton destroys boybandbutton on track (will be a lot of laughing in my house this year)
As for cracking under pressure - The moment schumacher appears in the mirror of Button, ButtyBoy will be in the wall or on the grass and Schumacher will be laughing again when he passes ButtyBoy.

:rotflmao:
Hamilton beat Alonso in his first year having equal cars.

Hamilton has not proven himself to be Alonso's equal.indeed. He has proven himself to be better than Alonso.

Saint Devote
11th March 2010, 03:31
The biggest reason I dont like Button is because of you actually. So I will be cheering and laughing whenever Hamilton destroys boybandbutton on track (will be a lot of laughing in my house this year)

How childish.
As for your dislike - I am sure Jenson will be mortified! :eek:

F1boat
11th March 2010, 06:37
I may disagree with Gary about Jenson, however I too have sometimes disliked a driver cause of very cheeky fans :) It is incredibly childish, but I can't help myself. But I like St. Devote because IMO Jenson was under appreciated even before his appearance in the forums. And I think that Jenson is an incredibly good driver and a true gentleman - on and, as Lewis indicates, off track.

Anderton
11th March 2010, 07:38
This is the closest season I think to have to pck a favourite at this point...
If I had to I'd go for Fernando Alonso to take the title, with Ferrari as constructors.
Or will it be Jenson? Or Lewis? Or Schumi? OR Vettel? It's really tough.

I WANT it to be Lewis or Schumacher, but I just think it'll go Fernando's way...