PDA

View Full Version : No Rydell for 2010

WSRfan82
22nd February 2010, 12:06
just read on rydell's website hes out for 2010 im personal gutted as im a massive fan. just interested in what you think of it

http://www.rickardrydell.com/nyhetsarkiv.php?id=588

VkmSpouge
22nd February 2010, 18:32
A real shame that such a class driver is without a full time drive this season. I hope Rydell is able to find a competitive drive somewhere soon.

Allyc85
22nd February 2010, 19:35
A real shame that such a class driver is without a full time drive this season. I hope Rydell is able to find a competitive drive somewhere soon.

Agreed, ive supported him since he was first in the BTCC and its such a waste of talent for him not to have a drive!

Alfa Fan
22nd February 2010, 20:17
Bet he wishes he didn't piss off Chevrolet in Sweden now!

WSRfan82
23rd February 2010, 07:28

i think so to but he was just doing his job ;-)

Alfa Fan
23rd February 2010, 11:55
He was doing the opposite of his job! Taking points off the full time drivers is NOT what he was there for!

tisme
23rd February 2010, 13:56
It's a shame he didn't come back to the BTCC last season when he had the chance!

Eurotech
23rd February 2010, 21:05
Its a shame to see such a talented driver unable to find a drive - I'm sure he'll probably find something to do though, maybe STCC?

PDS
25th February 2010, 00:22
Two reasons Rydell did not return to the BTCC last season, firstly, he needed paying and the teams he spoke to were unable to generate enough sponsorhip to pay for him. Secondly, as shown by Plato and Thommo last year, he did obviously did not have the determination to return.

It's a bit like Giovanardi this season, again the teams he has spoken to so far haven't been able to raise the money to run him!

There have not been many paid drivers willing to pay for a drive. Which is a shame really.

Daniel
25th February 2010, 09:36
Tbh if I was him I would still feel it was worth it :D That was just hilarious :rotflmao:

WSRfan82
28th February 2010, 14:29
He was doing the opposite of his job! Taking points off the full time drivers is NOT what he was there for!

hes a racing driver. every man for them self at the end of the day. he was going to do the best he could with what he had and he did regardless of the outcome. he was just happy to be out there racing.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2010, 16:04
Yes but when you're making a one-off appearance for a team, your role is to help the team when you can, and not do what Rydell did! It's not "every man for himself" at all.

Daniel
28th February 2010, 16:06
Yes but when you're making a one-off appearance for a team, your role is to help the team when you can, and not do what Rydell did! It's not "every man for himself" at all.
I agree. But when you can afford not to work for them ever again then it's all good :) Sadly Seat are out of the WTCC and Rydell is without a drive. Oh well.