PDA

View Full Version : Auto Club 500 racethread

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 16:24
As stated in the Weather Thread, the weather doesn't look good for today. :(

If we do get it in,I feel like we may be in for a good race today, this may be the spring race that the Rousch stranglehold my be broken.

dunes
21st February 2010, 17:12
As stated in the Weather Thread, the weather doesn't look good for today. :(

If we do get it in,I feel like we may be in for a good race today, this may be the spring race that the Rousch stranglehold my be broken.

Of course; I'm in the Pocono's waiting on permits for my load on monday to the Trade center. I get fox to watch the race but am going to miss out on the USA vs Canada mens hockey. Now the weather may let me down for the race.
I'm not complaining just frustrated. :dozey:

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 17:15
Of course; I'm in the Pocono's waiting on permits for my load on monday to the Trade center. I get fox to watch the race but am going to miss out on the USA vs Canada mens hockey. Now the weather may let me down for the race.
I'm not complaining just frustrated. :dozey:

I hear ya. If we don't get this in today,I gotta work tomorrow.

And taping it tomorrow will be problematic because its supposed to rain then too

dunes
21st February 2010, 17:52
I hear ya. If we don't get this in today,I gotta work tomorrow.

And taping it tomorrow will be problematic because its supposed to rain then too

Good thing about tivo is you can record it only if its acually aired, VHS doesn't give you that option. As if anyone but me even uses VHS anymore.I use it for my dash camera in my truck. :s mokin:

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 17:55
Good thing about tivo is you can record it only if its acually aired, VHS doesn't give you that option. As if anyone but me even uses VHS anymore.I use it for my dash camera in my truck. :s mokin:

Nah...I have the DirectTV HD-DVR. I do have a boat load of VHS tapes of Both Nascar and F1 races from 2004 (damg75 was deployed so I taped them for him) and now I really dont have a way to watch them anymore

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 17:59
Just a quick check of the radar, a couple of small spotty showers are beginning to form over the ocean just west of Long Beach heading east. Theres several other small hit or miss showers within 20 miles of the track, but not seeing anything yet thats threatening the race, yet <fingers tightly crossed> :D

dunes
21st February 2010, 18:01
I remember when I took this last job We went through our stuff in storage and found over 200 VHS tapes of sports.I mean everything {Early Ali to The towers falling and beyond} you can think of. I even had some old Davy Allison footage. OOPs nobody hear works for the copy infringment company do they?

71Fan
21st February 2010, 18:19
Looking forward to another great race from Funtana. Wide open and pedal to the metal with whatever line your car works best in.

Happy Raceday peoples.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 18:32
Looking forward to another great race from Funtana. Wide open and pedal to the metal with whatever line your car works best in.

Happy Raceday peoples.

Can't argue with that.Some call this race a snooze fest,but the new tire wears out quicker,so people may be coming for tires before the fuel becomes an issue...we may get by without it being a fuel mileage race.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 18:35
Kenny Wallace just reported on Raceday that he feels a few raindrops on his head :(

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 19:31
Radar looks good now....and is it just me or has the Fox pre-race show gotten even more stupid than it used to be...what's this Pizzi BS??????

damg75
21st February 2010, 19:35
Radar looks good now....and is it just me or has the Fox pre-race show gotten even more stupid than it used to be...what's this Pizzi BS??????
Yeah, it was REEEAL stupid, but at least it ain't Digger, lol :D

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 19:39
Yeah, it was REEEAL stupid, but at least it ain't Digger, lol :D

True that :up: but it was pushing that boundary though :p :

71Fan
21st February 2010, 19:44
Fox's pre-race coverage is almost as slanted as their news.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 19:46
So far only the 11 car is reported to be going to the back (engine change)

harvick#1
21st February 2010, 19:46
Fox's pre-race coverage is almost as slanted as their news.

they shouldn't even have a pre-race anymore, yet Nascar still doesn't understand why their ratings are down :rolleyes: the casual fans tune in at 1 to see the start and they get boring pre-race crap for an hour

damg75
21st February 2010, 19:49
they shouldn't even have a pre-race anymore, yet Nascar still doesn't understand why their ratings are down :rolleyes: the casual fans tune in at 1 to see the start and they get boring pre-race crap for an hour
They'd be better off going back to the CBS days where as the coverage starts they're showing the starting lineup.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 19:53
They'd be better off going back to the CBS days where as the coverage starts they're showing the starting lineup.

I could go for that.For people Like me that like a little pre-race,a 30 minute version of race day on a separate channel (like speed) then straight to the race on fox would be great

harvick#1
21st February 2010, 19:57
I could go for that.For people Like me that like a little pre-race,a 30 minute version of race day on a separate channel (like speed) then straight to the race on fox would be great

or they do with what the NFL does, when the game is started for 11:30 am. have the pre-race an hour before that,

Nascar needs to stop saying they are gonna be on at 11:30 or 1 and not start for an hour and a half

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 20:02
or they do with what the NFL does, when the game is started for 11:30 am. have the pre-race an hour before that,

Nascar needs to stop saying they are gonna be on at 11:30 or 1 and not start for an hour and a half

:up:

And 5 minutes to the invocation

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 20:16
engine start at 3:08pm EST so much for "consistent start times"

dunes
21st February 2010, 20:54
engine start at 3:08pm EST so much for "consistent start times"
You want consistancy i'll show you consistency.
35 minutes into the race and 75 commercials.Thats fox network being consistant.

harvick#1
21st February 2010, 20:56
and foxtrax not working, good ol' Fox

dunes
21st February 2010, 20:59
I wonder how much fuel I'm burning just to watch these commercials.

harvick#1
21st February 2010, 21:07
thanks Comcast, they just took a dump for no reason

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 21:12
green flag at 3:19 est

harvick#1
21st February 2010, 21:13
wow, Harvick takes the lead from Johnson and Nascar quickly throws a "debris" caution.

lame

slorydn1
sorry about tha my internet had locked up didnt realise that last one didn't post earlier

dunes
and 404pm

dunes
21st February 2010, 21:14
Happy followed johnson
Truex loses all power,green still out

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 21:39
How were we speeding and the 48 not??????

NickFalzone
21st February 2010, 21:49
48's got one of those new-fangled radar deflectors.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 21:51
p32 to p17 in 10 laps

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 21:52
48's got one of those new-fangled radar deflectors.

funny....seeing that the 29 was touching the 48's rear bumper until the 48 peeled off

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 22:05
showers in the vicinity of the track

dunes
21st February 2010, 22:12
this race could use just a little more excitment. I say let them race in the rain. slower speeds but more talent; Right.

dunes
21st February 2010, 22:18
Poor Juan. Up in smoke,Caution out now. Pit lane speed violations crazy. J.Gordon stays out.
2 tires for Johnson and Bifle.

dunes
21st February 2010, 22:25
lap 103 Newman up in smoke, apoligizes for missing a gear to bhis crew.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 22:28
29 reports sprinkles on the windshield

dunes
21st February 2010, 22:29
Kahne in the garage,
Big winners are Dale Junior and Hornish JR.
Dale stayed out on the wave around gets a lap back and Hornish sailed the inside on the restart to lead a lap and end up 2nd.Sam's won here twice in a Indy car.

dunes
21st February 2010, 22:35
100 to go and the sky looks ugly. The Jeff and Jeff show. Gordon,Burton, But here comes Kyle for the 10tth different race leader.

dunes
21st February 2010, 22:57
Earnhardt broken axle,Hornish too fast entering,Martin leads and rain is in the area.65 to go.

slorydn1
21st February 2010, 23:42
well nascar just handed jimmie jiohnson the lead
...he sped to beat the pace car (gil martin said he went by the 29 pits at full speed and no speeding penalty :mad:

slorydn1
22nd February 2010, 00:01
Well thank you nascar for handing another one to the 48!

Meanwhile,the 29 leaves Cali as the points leader

NickFalzone
22nd February 2010, 00:02
I don't see how he didn't get a speeding penalty for that pit stop. Also surprised Harvick didn't catch him, scraping the wall there really was a bad mistake.

slorydn1
22nd February 2010, 00:07
I don't see how he didn't get a speeding penalty for that pit stop. Also surprised Harvick didn't catch him, scraping the wall there really was a bad mistake.

the 29 had the second pit stall...right when it happened Gil Martin was screaming on the radio he was speeding, was shifting from second to third at full speed when he went by...he said JJ had to be doing 100 easily..oh well, cant beat the fix.

Meanwhile,yep he took it in too deep and lost the nose behind him.

Hoss Ghoul
22nd February 2010, 00:54
Johnson moved his car up the track to disturb the air getting to Harvick, who then bobbled. Great racemanship by Johnson, no question.

e2mtt
22nd February 2010, 02:55
Jimmie just picked up right where he left off last year. Look out NASCAR, the drive for five has started.

Actually Hendricks totally picked up where they left off: Jimmie wins, Mark Martin right up front, Jeff Gordon runs good but finishes not quite so good, Dale Jr. stinks up the joint.

Junior had a very Danica type day :-)

Too bad about the blown engine for Montoya... I think he is going to challenging for wins & the championship every race, every year now.

Don't get too excited for RCR.

harvick#1
22nd February 2010, 03:00
Well thank you nascar for handing another one to the 48!

you said it, that was BS.

Jimmie may have beaten Burton to the line under Caution, but Johnson was not up to caution speed, nor was he on the race track, he was on the apron. Johnson should've been one lap down, and basically get the wave around, but Nascar is bogus and always still favors Hendrick like a cruel joke.

Harvick is at least the point leader, but for the 2nd race in a row, got screwed out of the win, Nascar did their best to keep Harvick down in this race, but he just kept fighting back.

onto Vegas.

slorydn1
22nd February 2010, 03:04

Why not ?

slorydn1
22nd February 2010, 03:08
you said it, that was BS.

Jimmie may have beaten Burton to the line under Caution, but Johnson was not up to caution speed, nor was he on the race track, he was on the apron. Johnson should've been one lap down, and basically get the wave around, but Nascar is bogus and always still favors Hendrick like a cruel joke.

Harvick is at least the point leader, but for the 2nd race in a row, got screwed out of the win, Nascar did their best to keep Harvick down in this race, but he just kept fighting back.

onto Vegas.

Harvick has OBVIOUSLY been listening in on my conversations with people:

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_race/press_pass/02/21/cup_fon_presspass_harvick.nascar/index.html

e2mtt
22nd February 2010, 03:09
Why not ?

Because I was making predictions... predicting that RCR was going to continue to underacheive. Hopefully they prove me wrong, Burton, Harvick, & Boyer are all good guys, but I'm still getting the feeling it will be like last year.

harvick#1
22nd February 2010, 03:12
Why not ?

the chassis Harvick ran today was the same one they ran at Homestead last year, I'm thinkin this just might be the new workhorse cookie cutter chassis :D

Johnson lucked into a win, but he had by far not the best car, Harvick has had the best car the last 2 weeks

slorydn1
22nd February 2010, 03:17
Because I was making predictions... predicting that RCR was going to continue to underacheive. Hopefully they prove me wrong, Burton, Harvick, & Boyer are all good guys, but I'm still getting the feeling it will be like last year.

Nah, its way different from this time last year. Yeah, Harv won the shootout last year,but he led like 1 lap (the last one) He didnt lead at all in the 500, (best of reccolection no rcr cars did) then Harvick blew up and crashed at Cali after running mid pack all day

This year so far the all 3, and the 29 for the most part,have been getting LOTSA TV time running up front in every event they have been in so far (including the shootout and duels)...I believe RCR is Back

71Fan
22nd February 2010, 03:19
First, the start/finish line extends all the way to the pits. Dimmie was in front as he crossed the line.

Great race from my view. Wide open with lots of room to race. Sliced Bread did good as did Speedracer. Nice to see Jeff do so well but woulda been nicer if Kevin would have allowed him to race Dimmie for the win. Oh well, what are team mates for if not to hold you up? BowWow also showed the strength of RCR.

Ears had a nice run as did Tony and Sam. Kyle getting stuck on that last pit stop killed him.

19 cars a lap or more down at the finish....woulda been more if not for NASCAR's stupid rules. I just love it when the can of whoopass is opened up.

As always, your opinions and mileage may vary :)

harvick#1
22nd February 2010, 03:22
going back to 3 cars is the smartest choice RCR had done, 4 spread everything too thin.

and those EGR engines produce some power.

Jimmie should just be happy that Nascar nor Helton will never have the balls to penalize Johnson for speeding on pit road. Helton should be banned like Flavio, hes a blackeye to Nascar

damg75
22nd February 2010, 03:40
Looks to me like RCR is back...all 3 teams are running well; it has a 2006 look to it from my point of view. Yeah, there's 24 reg season races to go, and kenseth last year proved that doing well in the first 2 races don't mean anything, but you could see this coming from RCR late last year, so this is just a continuation of that progress.

call_me_andrew
22nd February 2010, 03:55
and those EGR engines produce some power.

I was just staring at that for 5 minutes wondering, "When did they put EGR valves on the engines?"

Let's try talking about some of the good aspects of that race. There were passes for the lead on track, green flag pit stops, 26 lead changes, and it didn't get rained out. I'm satisifed with what I saw.

slorydn1
22nd February 2010, 04:03
I was just staring at that for 5 minutes wondering, "When did they put EGR valves on the engines?"

Let's try talking about some of the good aspects of that race. There were passes for the lead on track, green flag pit stops, 26 lead changes, and it didn't get rained out. I'm satisifed with what I saw.

The race WAS one of the best races Ive seen at Cali in a long time...definitelt wasnt boring

damg75
22nd February 2010, 04:19
The race WAS one of the best races Ive seen at Cali in a long time...definitelt wasnt boring
The last good fontana race IMO was ANOTHER 48 win believe it or not...his 1st one in 2002; I remember Ricky Rudd in the 28 car doing everything possible in the final laps to catch him while JJ was doing the Neil Bonnett/Dale Earnhardt snaking down the backstretch to break the draft...very entertaining race and the last good one I can remember there.

willracefan
22nd February 2010, 06:09
Jimmie just picked up right where he left off last year. Look out NASCAR, the drive for five has started.

Actually Hendricks totally picked up where they left off: Jimmie wins, Mark Martin right up front, Jeff Gordon runs good but finishes not quite so good, Dale Jr. stinks up the joint.

Junior had a very Danica type day :-)

Too bad about the blown engine for Montoya... I think he is going to challenging for wins & the championship every race, every year now.

montoya will not challenge jj for no championship, you can rain on our parade all you want, but harvick has been the best driver so far this season any way you slice it. oh, and harvick outraced gordon, who is over with as far as winning another championship is concerned, junior is not better than he's made out to be, and martin is just a nice guy who needs to retire. you must be upset montoya blew up today. every driver but jj has a down year and well if montoya had won some races he might be taken more seriously but all he did was get third and fourth place finishes for the first five of six chase races and then only one more top ten after that. but of course that had a lot to do with egr, or shall i say chip, stealing the power from rcr. egr has the same engines as rcr so if rcr had a slump egr sure as heck will, and egr is not more resourced than rcr in the first place.

harvick#1
22nd February 2010, 11:13

sorry, typo. should've been ECR

dunes
22nd February 2010, 16:02
I think the last 75 laps were great. other than that The commercials ticked me off, The same ones over and over. Liek NASCAR needs to repeat its own commercials. I mean if I see the commercial I must be watching right.
The hollywood finish of two California boys running wild and slapping the wall and the paint. Nobody scripted that right. I should have bet in vegas on the outcome.
Really though I feel bad for Juan and Newman. But the race itself was enjoyable and beating out thew rain- Now thats a switch.As for Jimmy over Happy on the pit thing; Jimmy beat him at the line and I do believe he was pretty fast on that pit lane exit also.

muggle not
22nd February 2010, 17:45
Johnson moved his car up the track to disturb the air getting to Harvick, who then bobbled. Great racemanship by Johnson, no question.
You are correct. Great move by Johnson.

It does appear that this year will be the same as last.....everyone bitchin' that Hendricks teams either have a horseshoe, are cheating, or its a conspiracy by Nascar. Some things don't change. :)

slorydn1
23rd February 2010, 02:25
Today Chad Knaus was interviewed on DSPN2's Nascar Now:

Marty Smith: Chad, how do you respond to Kevin Harvicks assertion that you have a gold plated horseshoe stashed up Jimmie's backside?

Chad: Nah,Nah Kevin's got it all wrong. I'll let ya'll in on a little secret. To have it crammed up Jimmie's behind would have the extra weight mounted too high in the car. We actually have it welded to the frame just under Jimmie's seat to keep the CG low.! :p :

harvick#1
23rd February 2010, 02:43
You are correct. Great move by Johnson.

It does appear that this year will be the same as last.....everyone bitchin' that Hendricks teams either have a horseshoe, are cheating, or its a conspiracy by Nascar. Some things don't change. :)

last time I remembered, when a car on pit road is passed by the leader before coming back on the track, that driver is one lap down. Nascar screwed that one up badly.

Johnson was not a pace speed nor was he even on the actual track yet when Burton passed him. thats not a conspiracy, that is BS that Nascar basically handed Johnson the free chance to win.

if Johnson didn't make that move on Harvick to basically kill all the aero grip he had, that race was over. but I found it very funny that during the whole race, Nascar was trying to keep Harvick down, and trying to keep him in the back when they gave him that BS speeding penalty when he was going the same speed down pitroad as Johnson

e2mtt
23rd February 2010, 04:35
Yes it's very clear. Robby Gordon is doing so poorly that he isn't worth worrying about, so NASCAR has decided to focus on harrassing & penalizing Kevin Harvick.

wedge
23rd February 2010, 15:12
Holy sh!!

I just saw a great great race at ACS!

*rubs eyes*

*pinches arm*

71Fan
24th February 2010, 02:57
Amazing to some I guess. I've yet to see a bad race from Funtana