PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Shorty to drive again!!!

garyshell
21st February 2010, 05:58
I just saw this great news on Orial Seriva's twitter feed:

OriolServia: RT @racelike: @OriolServia do you know that Cristiano da Matta will race in the Brazilian Truck Series? And Junqueira!! They will kick butt!

Now where can I find an internet video feed for the Brazilian Truck Series?
Push Shorty!

Gary

beachbum
21st February 2010, 12:07
I just saw this great news on Orial Seriva's twitter feed:

Now where can I find an internet video feed for the Brazilian Truck Series?
Push Shorty!

GaryPerhaps this shows more about the future of racing than anyone would like to admit. Right now, Brazil has produced many of the current open wheel stars. But look what is happening there. Cristiano da Matta and Junqueira running Stock car series. Ricardo Zonta has been running Stock cars in Brazil since 2007. At what point do the young racers in Brazil switch their focus from open wheel to stock cars? Not a good sign for the future of open wheel.

But I like Shorty and hope he kicks butt.

SarahFan
21st February 2010, 16:46
Perhaps this shows more about the future of racing than anyone would like to admit. Right now, Brazil has produced many of the current open wheel stars. But look what is happening there. Cristiano da Matta and Junqueira running Stock car series. Ricardo Zonta has been running Stock cars in Brazil since 2007. At what point do the young racers in Brazil switch their focus from open wheel to stock cars? Not a good sign for the future of open wheel.

even scarier if hes being paid instead of bringing a check

garyshell
21st February 2010, 17:26
Perhaps this shows more about the future of racing than anyone would like to admit. Right now, Brazil has produced many of the current open wheel stars. But look what is happening there. Cristiano da Matta and Junqueira running Stock car series. Ricardo Zonta has been running Stock cars in Brazil since 2007. At what point do the young racers in Brazil switch their focus from open wheel to stock cars? Not a good sign for the future of open wheel.

even scarier if hes being paid instead of bringing a check

Just once can't we have a thread that simply celebrates the return of a damn near fallen hero to his rightful place behind the wheel, instead of it turning into a hand wringing fest or another "oh woe is us" session.

I don't give a rats ass what this means about the current state of open wheel racing in the US. All I care about in this story is how wonderful it is to hear that Shorty is well enough to drive again. If you want to talk about anything else take it to one of the innumerable threads elsewhere in this forum. I just don't want to hear about it in this thread. Start your own thread if you want to link his return to the current state of affairs here.

Gary

SarahFan
21st February 2010, 17:28
Just once can't we have a thread that simply celebrates the return of a damn near fallen hero to his rightful place behind the wheel, instead of it turning into a hand wringing fest or another "oh woe is us" session.

I don't give a rats ass what this means about the current state of open wheel racing in the US. All I care about in this story is how wonderful it is to hear that Shorty is well enough to drive again. If you want to talk about anything else take it to one of the innumerable threads elsewhere in this forum. I just don't want to hear about it in this thread. Start your own thread if you want to link his return to the current state of affairs here.

Gary

this IS the indycar forum right?

i guess reality hurts

garyshell
21st February 2010, 17:31
this IS the indycar forum right?

i guess reality hurts

I don't give a damn, take it somewhere else. You've got PLENTY of other threads to spout this crap. This thread is about Christiano, period. Notice the OT in the title? Don't like it? Start your own damn thread. If you don't have ANYTHING to say about Shorty then shut the F up.
Gary

SarahFan
21st February 2010, 17:32
I don't give a damn, take it somewhere else. You've got PLENTY of other threads to spout this crap. This thread is about Christiano, period. Notice the OT in the title? Don't like it? Start your own damn thread.

Gary

when did this discussion forum become your private little playhouse

chuck34
21st February 2010, 20:50
when did this discussion forum become your private little playhouse

About the same time you appointed yourself the king of all things involving "the biz".

SarahFan
21st February 2010, 21:16
About the same time you appointed yourself the king of all things involving "the biz".

whats funny is that its in fact you that has....not me

bblocker68
22nd February 2010, 17:14
Good luck Christiano! Piquet Jr. is in the Nascar machine too.

table
22nd February 2010, 19:06
These guys want to make a living and if they want to get paid to race in North America, Nascar's the game.

garyshell
22nd February 2010, 19:30
These guys want to make a living and if they want to get paid to race in North America, Nascar's the game.

Please take such comments to another thread. This one is about Christiano, not about the usual moaning and groaning that goes on here in most other threads.

Thanks,

Gary

garyshell
13th April 2011, 17:17
And he will be in the Jag in Long Beach too!!!

http://www.racer.com/q-a-cristiano-da-matta-on-sebring-and-beyond/article/200615/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY

Push Shorty, push!

Gary