PDA

View Full Version : Al Unser III

Josh1985
20th February 2010, 07:42
Does anybody know what the status is of Al Unser III? Is he racing anywhere now? Will we see him return to Indylights or maybe even get to Indycar somewhere down the road? It's just not the same without the name Unser....

Jag_Warrior
20th February 2010, 09:28
Working the drive-thru and asking people if they want fries with their order? :p :

Sorry... couldn't resist. He sort of fell off the map a couple of years ago when some sponsorship didn't pan out AFAIK. I haven't heard a word about him since.

Scotty G.
20th February 2010, 14:12
He's too "American" for the current sport. :D

If he had a check to give someone, he'd be in demand. Without one, he's in the same boat as dozens and dozens of others, many of whom are more talented then him.

TURN3
20th February 2010, 16:34
Al III just has no racing talent whatsoever. From what I've read in the past he didn't seem to really have any passion for racing. Nothing wrong with that, every person should follow their own dreams. I think his more more forced due to family history.

Chamoo
20th February 2010, 16:41
Al III just has no racing talent whatsoever. From what I've read in the past he didn't seem to really have any passion for racing. Nothing wrong with that, every person should follow their own dreams. I think his more more forced due to family history.

I'll ditto that. I heard the same.

Too bad though, would had been nice to see the name continue in the sport. Maybe there will be another Unser one day.

Jag_Warrior
20th February 2010, 21:12
Maybe there will be another Unser one day.

Didn't Lil Al have a daughter that was younger than Just Al?

Lousada
20th February 2010, 22:49
Didn't Lil Al have a daughter that was younger than Just Al?

Yes, quite an amazing woman. Check out her website:
http://www.cufsf.org/

Mark in Oshawa
22nd February 2010, 05:54

If he had a check to give someone, he'd be in demand. Without one, he's in the same boat as dozens and dozens of others, many of whom are more talented then him.

It's all an anti American conspiracy Scott....we foreigners are out to get you....

ykiki
22nd February 2010, 16:00

Like Californian Roger Yasukawa, who had to turn to a foreign country (Japan) to find funding since he wasn't finding it here.

bblocker68
22nd February 2010, 17:12
It's all an anti American conspiracy Scott....we foreigners are out to get you....

I think Scott seceded :)