PDA

View Full Version : PT on Twitter

NickFalzone
12th February 2010, 22:42
Danica was asking about some ideas from her Twitter fans for a nickname for her. Just saw PT's response, lol

http://twitter.com/paultracy3

SarahFan
12th February 2010, 23:57
:)

Civic
13th February 2010, 02:23
I must be old but I don't know what I'm reading. I can't tell who's saying what.

anthonyvop
13th February 2010, 17:53
Danica was asking about some ideas from her Twitter fans for a nickname for her. Just saw PT's response, lol

http://twitter.com/paultracy3

Ouch......PT letting the inside joke out....

TURN3
13th February 2010, 19:13
Ouch......PT letting the inside joke out....

Exactly what I was thinking!!

MDS
13th February 2010, 20:40
Also from his twitter feed "Gee busch just said why won't anyone draft with me , maby cuz he is a prick"

Scotty G.
14th February 2010, 03:14
Also from his twitter feed "Gee busch just said why won't anyone draft with me , maby cuz he is a prick"

Kyle Busch has more talent in his pinkie finger then Ole' PT has in his whole body.

PT already tried the NASCAR stuff and was in-over-his-head.

TURN3
14th February 2010, 04:11
Kyle Busch has more talent in his pinkie finger then Ole' PT has in his whole body.

PT already tried the NASCAR stuff and was in-over-his-head.

Be careful over stepping your bounds here sweetheart. PT is without argument one of the most talented drivers to ever strap in. Say what you want but his place alongside Mikey, Al Jr., and the likes is in the record books. When he tried this NASCAR stuff he drove for a team that couldn't make the field unless he was driving...far from over his head he drove to the front from the back at both Daytona and Dega...sooooo? Not really sure how he was so over his head given the circs.

However baseless your opinion may be, lets be honest...Kyle Busch is a prick and none of his peers think very much of him. So PT just stated fact. And much like PT in his day, there is little doubt that Kyle has more talent than anybody else on the NASCAR grid today, the kid can drive whether you like him or not...which I do for that very reason.

speeddurango
14th February 2010, 11:15
Well said Turn3

Jag_Warrior
15th February 2010, 02:02
Come on guys. I have to remind myself when I read his posts on this forum:

http://www.untwistedvortex.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/dontfeedthetroll.jpg

Let him starve from lack of attention...

P.S. The PT Twitter feed is pretty funny. He has one helluva sense of humor.

Scotty G.
15th February 2010, 04:05
PT is without argument one of the most talented drivers to ever strap in.

Thanks for the laugh.

PT is a blowhard, who is basically playing a role. He says things on his "twitter" and on message boards, to get attention and get a snicker out of his minions.

He came close to winning the Indy 500 once (even though he was terrible all month and needed a lot of luck on raceday to get to the front) and was never good enough to get a ride in NASCAR.

Maybe if he hadn't been such a "prick" over the many years, his resume would have actually been something worthwhile. Its hard work to get fired from as many teams as he has.

TURN3
15th February 2010, 14:21
Thanks for the laugh.

PT is a blowhard, who is basically playing a role. He says things on his "twitter" and on message boards, to get attention and get a snicker out of his minions.

He came close to winning the Indy 500 once (even though he was terrible all month and needed a lot of luck on raceday to get to the front) and was never good enough to get a ride in NASCAR.

Maybe if he hadn't been such a "prick" over the many years, his resume would have actually been something worthwhile. Its hard work to get fired from as many teams as he has.

What is good for a laugh is that you think your opinions are facts. Where you come up with them is all of our best guess. His career stats are nearly identical to Michael Andretti and I'm just guessing that you don't consider him the same.

You are right, from some of the guys I've been around that have worked with him he spent much of his days just as Kyle Busch these days...known as a prick amongst his peers. That is what happens when you are blindingly fast and willing to hang everything out win or lose. He changed his attitude significantly when he won the 500 and has been a fans racer ever since.

I thought you were coming around with some of your posts recently but as mentioned in a post above, I guess I should be considering the source here.

PS: FYI he has only been fired from 1 team, Penske, for stating facts, which Penske heeded to a year later. Hmmmm?

garyshell
16th February 2010, 22:11
Interesting posts from Paul Tracy on twitter about the DP01. (Note: I edited the three tweets into a single paragraph.)

If you want the truth ! The dp1 car was a good rc car , but as a oval car , the body fit and was terible no 2 parts were ever the same or ever fit the same on the car , the key to a fast oval car is a perfect fit body parts with no gaps or seams , the dp parts fit like crapolla , I'm sure the crapaholics will be pissed at me but that's the truth.

Gary

NickFalzone
16th February 2010, 23:25
it's funny that PT would piss on the DP01 when so many CC fans were convinced it would have been a great oval car. I never was. It clearly was a well designed road course car, but there was no evidence it would have been competitive with the Dallara on ovals, and PT's comments confirm that.

nigelred5
17th February 2010, 00:35
Well, I have to believe that all the teams and Panoz themselves know that. The car would have needed a significant update kit to go oval racing. T as hey would have had far more time to produce the oval bits, so I wouldn't be too concerned with the hypothetical of whether or not the DP01 COULD have been as good or better than the Dallara. it still would have looked one hell of a lot better. As long as the current Dallara has been around, I would hope it does fit together as well as it does at this point.

Jag_Warrior
17th February 2010, 20:35
it's funny that PT would piss on the DP01 when so many CC fans were convinced it would have been a great oval car. I never was. It clearly was a well designed road course car, but there was no evidence it would have been competitive with the Dallara on ovals, and PT's comments confirm that.

Sounds like he's really pissing on Panoz for excessive manufacturing variation, more so than the design of the DP01 - the best design still has to be manufactured within the specs and tolerances.

I know a lot of CCWS fans saw it as the second coming, but to me it was just another spec formula car. Now it sounds like it was somewhat poorly built.

chuck34
17th February 2010, 21:17
Now it sounds like it was somewhat poorly built.

The guys working on it knew that from day 1. And PT is right (God I can't believe I agree with him on ANYTHING), to have a good oval car you need to have good fit and finnish. The Dallara had that from day 1.

TURN3
17th February 2010, 21:43
The guys working on it knew that from day 1. And PT is right (God I can't believe I agree with him on ANYTHING), to have a good oval car you need to have good fit and finnish. The Dallara had that from day 1.

Good to get the insight from PT on the DP01. I'm sure if it went into production for multiple years the quality could've gotten better where need be. The Dallara was't that great from day 1, neither was it's competitor G-Force. Both evolved over time until eventually the G-Force was no longer competitive. The DP01 never had that chance, nor did it ever race on an oval for it really to matter. Hell of a good looking car though.

Mark in Oshawa
17th February 2010, 22:30
PT says what is on his mind. ALmost has me ready to sign on to Twitter just to get those nuggets of gold....

AS for the DP01, it was in its first year and only real year of competition and with a limited budget. IT MAY have worked out in the end, but no one on here ripping the car mentioned anything about what PT was mentioning, that is the poor consisentency of parts.

AS for his take on NASCAR, it was dead on the money...

As for Scott's take on PT, I am sure if he had an American passport you would love him Scott. It is consistent with your assumptions. As for him being a failure in NASCAR, he never had a good ride under him. NOT once....As for your assumption he got lucky in almost winning Indy, the reality is he was flying on those final laps and it was Helio that got lucky......

chuck34
17th February 2010, 22:42
Good to get the insight from PT on the DP01. I'm sure if it went into production for multiple years the quality could've gotten better where need be. The Dallara was't that great from day 1, neither was it's competitor G-Force. Both evolved over time until eventually the G-Force was no longer competitive. The DP01 never had that chance, nor did it ever race on an oval for it really to matter. Hell of a good looking car though.

I'm talking about build quality. All the parts fit on the Dallaras right out of the box (at least according to the few guys I've talked to but that may not be a complete representative sample). Just the opposite as the DP01. You seem to be talking about the speed which I'll agree does evolve. But the fit and finnish comes from the attention to detail while making molds for the parts.

Mark in Oshawa
17th February 2010, 23:00
I'm talking about build quality. All the parts fit on the Dallaras right out of the box (at least according to the few guys I've talked to but that may not be a complete representative sample). Just the opposite as the DP01. You seem to be talking about the speed which I'll agree does evolve. But the fit and finnish comes from the attention to detail while making molds for the parts.

Dallara does apparently build a good car from anything I had read, but PT's reference to the DP01's somewhat haphazard fit and finish is one of the first things I had read about it.

chuck34
17th February 2010, 23:03
Dallara does apparently build a good car from anything I had read, but PT's reference to the DP01's somewhat haphazard fit and finish is one of the first things I had read about it.

I know a few guys "on the inside", not as many as a lot of the guys here by any means. But enough to have heard the grumbling from the mechanics. That's not really something you want to go blabbing to the press about. You never know when you might need or want Panoz's help, so why burn that bridge? A lesson PT has, obviously, NEVER learned.

speeddurango
18th February 2010, 06:02
If PT has learned that lesson he would have shut up just like everyone else gets forgotten as soon as he's not driving. That's what makes PT, what makes this thread.

beachbum
18th February 2010, 12:00
What is lost from the past that made racing interesting are the colorful personalities surrounding racing. PT fits that mold.

Love him or hate him, PT is "old school" and says what he thinks. That may have burned a few bridges along the way, but it is refreshing in today's age when everything must be toned down and politically correct. We are left with dull drivers that say all of the "right" things. I would prefer more characters like PT.

chuck34
18th February 2010, 12:44
What is lost from the past that made racing interesting are the colorful personalities surrounding racing. PT fits that mold.

Love him or hate him, PT is "old school" and says what he thinks. That may have burned a few bridges along the way, but it is refreshing in today's age when everything must be toned down and politically correct. We are left with dull drivers that say all of the "right" things. I would prefer more characters like PT.

Quite frankly, I like the guys that say what they think too. On that I actually respect PT, although I don't like him. But I just think that if he was serious about getting a ride, he'd learn to "play the game". Also, his fans that always defend him become a bit tiresome when they don't realize that "playing the game" is part of the sport. For better or worse, and yes it's probably for the worse. But it is what it is.

nigelred5
18th February 2010, 13:30
Even NASCAR is finding that people want to hear the drivers REAL personalities, not the sanitized, censored, non confrontational party line speak. Rivalries are what really fuels the intense interest in all sports, and bitter rivalries are the most intense. No-one cares about a friendly rivalry. Look at what really kicked off national interest in the Daytona 500- an infield fisticuffs between two legends that really just couldn't stand each other and weren't afraid to show or say it. PT kicking Tag's a$$ at San Jose was classic. I wish he had taken a few swings at Bourdais while he was at it.....