PDA

View Full Version : Larry Mac, it's 3/64ths bigger, NOT 1/64ths!!!

damg75
12th February 2010, 01:26
{rant ON} I know I'm being nitpicky and most fans don't notice these things, but if you're going to be a so called professional analyst, then DO YOUR FRICKEN HOMEWORK! The restrictor plate size at the 2 Daytona races last year was 15/16ths of an inch, which equates to 60/64ths....the new plate this year is 63/64ths; do the math....where in the HELL is Larry McReynolds getting only 1/64ths outta that??? If he just said it one time then I would have let it go, but Larry Mac CONTINUES to make the mistake OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and for people like me that pay attention to those things, it drives me up a FRICKEN WALL!!! {end of rant} Now, back to your regularly scheduled threading... :s mokin: :D

slorydn1
12th February 2010, 01:29
{rant ON} I know I'm being nitpicky and most fans don't notice these things, but if you're going to be a so called professional analyst, then DO YOUR FRICKEN HOMEWORK! The restrictor plate size at the 2 Daytona races last year was 15/16ths of an inch, which equates to 60/64ths....the new plate this year is 63/64ths; do the math....where in the HELL is Larry McReynolds getting only 1/64ths outta that??? If he just said it one time then I would have let it go, but Larry Mac CONTINUES to make the mistake OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and for people like me that pay attention to those things, it drives me up a FRICKEN WALL!!! {end of rant} Now, back to your regularly scheduled threading... :s mokin: :D

:grenade: Well, I guess THAT should just about cover the fly-by's. :p :

slorydn1
12th February 2010, 01:33
Actually, you are right. It is annoying when we, the great unwashed, know more than the "experts". :D

harvick#1
12th February 2010, 01:35
I dunno, the mute button is usually on during races for me.

can;t stand the freak show they call presenters on Fox and ESPN, and its only gonna be worse when Mikey Walturd joins the booth

damg75
12th February 2010, 01:42
I know what Larry Mac is thinking....he's remembering back to 2008 when the plate size was 31/32nds (62/64ths), and it looks like that he forgot that the plate was reduced to 15/16ths later that year, but he's getting paid big bucks to know and remember those things, so I expect more out of him.

call_me_andrew
12th February 2010, 03:39
I wish NASCAR would have gone with a 1 inch plate just to spare us the math.

beachbum
12th February 2010, 11:31
Perhaps there is a good reason Larry Mac is in the booth rather than in the pits ;)

Mark in Oshawa
12th February 2010, 16:23
Slagging Larry Mac over this is small potatoes. He has forgotten more than most of us will know.....

71Fan
13th February 2010, 09:13
Yup, give the old guy a break. That guy has sniffed more gas (and maybe even freon used to cool intakes) than most folks use in a lifetime.