PDA

View Full Version : danica to f1...er, star mazda, er, CSI NY

booger
11th February 2010, 04:24
Any of you boys seen CSE NY tonight? Danica was the star of the dumbest race oriented tv drama ever! Dumb, dumb dumb! Although now the rest of a big tv audience now thinks that star Mazdas are Indy cars that race in Monaco. Evident they didn't ask anyone about "authenticity". But my dad used to tell me " Don't look at that as reality son, it's just Hollywood".

dataman1
11th February 2010, 20:25
Didn't watch. From pre-broadcast teases it looked like a poor copy of the CSI Miami episode made with CART several years ago.

harvick#1
12th February 2010, 02:07
ever seen "Driven" :p :

nough said :s mokin: :laugh:

Easy Drifter
12th February 2010, 06:25
It must have been terrible as DF hasn't even gushed over it.

Chamoo
12th February 2010, 07:23

For anyone who doesn't know racing, it probably looked a little far fetched but do able.

DanicaFan
12th February 2010, 07:38

I made a post about her being on this show several weeks ago, the thread has now been pushed back to the 2nd page but it was titled.. DVR Alert. I watched it and enjoyed it. Danica was awesome as always. I even DVR'd it. :)

Civic
12th February 2010, 10:05
Does anyone know what race the picture of the BMW Sauber in mid-crash was from? They used the picture to explain Danica's character's crash at Monaco.

I liked the Ferrari and McLaren reference and the simplified explanation of KERS.

Jonesi
12th February 2010, 10:39
Any of you boys seen CSE NY tonight? Danica was the star of the dumbest race oriented tv drama ever! Dumb, dumb dumb! Although now the rest of a big tv audience now thinks that star Mazdas are Indy cars that race in Monaco. Evident they didn't ask anyone about "authenticity". But my dad used to tell me " Don't look at that as reality son, it's just Hollywood".

Was it a Star Mazda? They called it a Formula BR2. I thought it might be one of the Skip Barber series cars.
I was spending my time trying to figure out the track location/configuration. Best guess: They borrowed/rented a bit of the Long Beach GP fencing/guard rails stuff and set up maybe 1/4 of a track in a downtown parking lot over a weekend.

harvick#1
12th February 2010, 11:10
Does anyone know what race the picture of the BMW Sauber in mid-crash was from?

I didn't watch the show, as I don't watch CSI, but BMW's only real scare crash was Kubica in Canada of 07

DanicaFan
12th February 2010, 12:32
I didn't watch the show, as I don't watch CSI, but BMW's only real scare crash was Kubica in Canada of 07

I dont watch CSI either but you missed out on this good one. Danica was great! :)

shazbot
12th February 2010, 12:47
I dont watch CSI either but you missed out on this good one. Danica was great! :)

Fruit and Cake

Scotty G.
12th February 2010, 15:50
"The Brand" was, um, you know, um, great.

I was hoping Pimp Parsons from Go-Daddy would get to be on the show too. :p :

Mark in Oshawa
12th February 2010, 16:13
I don't watch CSI as a rule...but usually like CSI NY if I do watch it. Had better things to do...like sorting my sock drawer...

MDS
12th February 2010, 21:26
Didn't watch. From pre-broadcast teases it looked like a poor copy of the CSI Miami episode made with CART several years ago.

I wouldn't have watched, except that my father and I were in the hotel room together. From what I remember it was an exact copy of of the CSI Miami episode, right down to the killer.

I think all of those franchise shows recycle scripts with regularity, and this was one of them. Good Exposure for Danica though.

harvick#1
12th February 2010, 22:47
I don't watch CSI as a rule...but usually like CSI NY if I do watch it. Had better things to do...like sorting my sock drawer...

yeah, I was watching paint dry :D

garyshell
13th February 2010, 05:59

yeah, I was watching paint dry :D

I painted my sock drawer and watched it dry while sorting its contents. :s mokin:

Gary

Shifter
15th February 2010, 14:02

Yeah they used Kubica's crash for the character's crash. The names of the races were hilarious too, the 'Singapore 400'; the 'Rio 500', etc...

Also, pretty sure those were skip barber cars, but I'm not certain. Definately not star mazda. We have far better OW machinery show up at our regional SCCA races.

dataman1
15th February 2010, 16:30
I painted my sock drawer and watched it dry while sorting its contents. :s mokin:

Gary

Thanks for the laugh!

V12
15th February 2010, 16:45
I'll watch Miami sometimes for the totty (although I've never seen the CART episode), although sometimes the hot girl ends up getting wasted straightaway before the opening credits lol.

Not sure when this NY episode will be airing in the UK, I'm guessing it was the TV-episode equivalent of that Driven film for realism and such? I'd be more inclined to try and make the effort to watch it at some time if Danica wasn't in it though.

Shifter
16th February 2010, 22:51
Not sure when this NY episode will be airing in the UK, I'm guessing it was the TV-episode equivalent of that Driven film for realism and such? I'd be more inclined to try and make the effort to watch it at some time if Danica wasn't in it though.

Danica only had a supporting role and was onscreen for 10mins tops. Oh and the driver that died apparently inhaled flames through closed-face helmet and nomex headgear without suffering any other burns from the fire itself...???

tfisch100
23rd February 2010, 03:12
I missed it on Network broadcast but saw it in the internet. The big question is whether Indycar, IZOD or other sponsors were smart enough to buy ad time during the show. Were there any Indycar related commercials?