PDA

View Full Version : Road Tax - Pay As You Drive

raphael123
26th February 2007, 11:31
So, quite a lot of media attention given to this (in the UK anyway).

Let's discuss :)

I personally feel people are judging this, before even taking a proper look at the proposal - it's ignorance really. Though that's not to say if you understand it, then your'll like it.

raphael123
27th February 2007, 10:23
Well lol, not much of an interest it seems :( I thought people would have wanted a discussion on it from the 1.8m ppl who signed the petition.

I personally think that though something definately has to be done, and road tax like what is being proposed is a step in the right direction, that it needs adjusting so that it won't disadvantage poorer families/people. At the moment this system is based on how much you use the roads and at what times, which are not luxuries, most of the time you HAVE to be driving at that specific time along that particular road. I think it needs to be adjusted where the richer maybe pay more, and the poorer pay less.

However generally, this new system they are proposing is quite good, and just needs a bit of tweaking rather than being completely thrown out as not a solution. I think people have reacted negatively to it because they are ignorant to what the proposals actually are (not all, but a lot!)

Mark
27th February 2007, 10:26
There is already a long thread in the Transport, Driving & Cars forum. Try posting there.

Mark