PDA

View Full Version : some questions about the wrc

tech3
4th February 2010, 20:09
Hi. New to the forums, been following wrc for around 7 years now, recently got into IRC. but anyway getting to my point...

Is the superrally system being dropped for 2010 and bonus points being introduced instead?

And in 2011 will the S2000 based WRC cars have a 1.6turbo engine and if they will does anybody know what restricttor they will have?

pettersolberg29
4th February 2010, 20:23
Welcome! It should be an easy ride on this forum as long as you avoid the wrong'uns like N.O.T ;)

Superrally isn't being dropped - but knowing the FIA the rules will probably change again before too long...
And yes - S2000 have 1.6T in 2010 (again at the moment!). Restrictor - I'm not sure. Mirek or someone will.

tech3
4th February 2010, 20:33
Thanks for the welcome and your information. I do wish the FIA would make the wrc a more stable championship and stop messing about with it, the handling of whats ment to be the championship thats second only to Formula 1 in prestige, is getting beyond a joke.

Macd
5th February 2010, 00:06
restrictor is 33mm AFAIK.

Thanks for the welcome and your information. I do wish the FIA would make the wrc a more stable championship and stop messing about with it, the handling of whats ment to be the championship thats second only to Formula 1 in prestige, is getting beyond a joke.

QFT!

Langdale Forest
5th February 2010, 19:16
The WRC seems to be a long, long way behing F1 in prestige, which is a very bad thing because for some reason F1 has always been more popular but with Raikkonen moving over to WRC, and whatever his success, that might bring in some more interest and prehaps some more F1 drivers will move towards the WRC.

AndyRAC
5th February 2010, 21:46
The WRC seems to be a long, long way behing F1 in prestige, which is a very bad thing because for some reason F1 has always been more popular but with Raikkonen moving over to WRC, and whatever his success, that might bring in some more interest and prehaps some more F1 drivers will move towards the WRC.

The WRC is meant to be second only to F1 in World Motorsport...yet you'd never know it.The last 5-10 years have been incredibly damaging to the sport. Hopefully, things will soon be on an upward curve - strong leadership is needed, and Ford/Citroen mustn't be running the show.

Langdale Forest
5th February 2010, 21:49
imagine if all the F1 drivers went into the WRC.

janvanvurpa
5th February 2010, 22:38

If the F1 boys weren't raised somewhere East of Selkämeri, North of Suomenlahti, and West of Äänisjärvi, I think they won't be much good.

Tomi
5th February 2010, 23:07
If the F1 boys weren't raised somewhere East of Selkämeri, North of Suomenlahti, and West of Äänisjärvi, I think they won't be much good.

lol, thats true :D