PDA

View Full Version : Justin Wilson and Mike Conway sign with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Josh1985
2nd February 2010, 21:57
http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=15712

Great news! Now i'm wondering who will fill the seat at Dale Coyne Racing...

Mark in Oshawa
3rd February 2010, 00:00
I am thinking Graham Rahal.....

NickFalzone
3rd February 2010, 00:11
I am thinking Graham Rahal.....

You honestly think Bobby will let Graham get in a DCR oval car? No way that's gonna happen, he'll start up RLR again before allowing that imo.

jackmart
3rd February 2010, 00:26
is there some beef between them? I wonder why JUstin didn't go back to DCR.

Chamoo
3rd February 2010, 00:27
You honestly think Bobby will let Graham get in a DCR oval car? No way that's gonna happen, he'll start up RLR again before allowing that imo.

What if Bobby aligned himself with Dale Coyne? Bobby could give DCR some oval setups and some pieces off the Team Rahal Letterman cars, and maybe get some more of his people employed.

As for Justin and Mike Conway at D&R. I'm sad that Z-Lines is leaving DCR, and was quite mad earlier, but after reading the quotes from the Z-Lines CEO or Marketing Director, I am not as mad as he presents some good points. I guess I'll still be able to cheer for Justin at D&R. Sort of sad that D&R brought back Mike Conway. If the rumors are true that he isn't bringing much, if any money, why not go with a young American who doesn't like hitting concrete barriers.

Scotty G.
3rd February 2010, 02:18
If the rumors are true that he isn't bringing much, if any money...

I wouldn't believe "the rumors". ;)

Daddy Conway has a nice sized checkbook.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd February 2010, 06:36

You ever consider how far Coyne has come? Do you see any other seats out there? I thought not.....if RLR was an option, they would have swung open the doors already....

ArrowsFA1
4th February 2010, 09:18
Great to see that Justin will be back racing Indycars in '10. He's proved himself time and again and, IMHO, is deserving of a seat with one of the very best teams.

Not quite sure why he's moved from DCR. Wilson and Coyne seemed to make a good team and with the win at Watkins Glen they seemed to be making good progress. Hopefully D&R will provide JW with a competitive ride.