PDA

View Full Version : Virgin to launch VR-01 a week ahead of schedule

DazzlaF1
31st January 2010, 20:40
Looks like Nick Wirth was'nt kidding when he said the new Virgin chassis was ahead of schedule, they're due to launch their car online at 10am this Wednesday (a full week ahead of the original launch date) before a shakedown test at Silverstone

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81143

Sonic
31st January 2010, 21:01
Good for them. I pleased that at least half of the new boys are making a real go of this.

woody2goody
31st January 2010, 21:11
Good for them. I pleased that at least half of the new boys are making a real go of this.

Yep. Their website is very well done as well - they have two good drivers and I reckon they could do ok.

Saint Devote
31st January 2010, 21:29
Good for them but I am not surprised - Wirth, Branson and Booth are all solid people that have proven themselves extensively.

The Virgin-Cosworth is the most exciting car to wait for because of its new concept.

I hope its as good in f1 as the Acura has been in ALMS.

stephenw_us
31st January 2010, 23:51
I'm picking Virgin as the best of the new teams, surprising Lotus and out performing them...

...and, they have one of the best websites, obviously produced by a real designer...

maximilian
31st January 2010, 23:55
I am very impressed how this team has come together. Initially I thought Manor was the weakest of the new entries, but I was clearly wrong! Looking forward to seeing the mostly black livery, too! It's been a while we've had a black car on the grid, hasn't it?

Alfa Fan
1st February 2010, 00:03
Minardi was the last I think, from 2001-2005.

K-Pu
1st February 2010, 00:26

Yes, and this year we also have yellow cars back on the grid. Eddie Jordan and Paul Stoddart would feel like at home!

RJL25
1st February 2010, 08:56
ahhh.. Stoddie and Eddie! Where have the personalities gone???

They made the F1 political bullsh!t interesting!

christophulus
1st February 2010, 09:25
I am very impressed how this team has come together. Initially I thought Manor was the weakest of the new entries, but I was clearly wrong!

Same here, although I think that was partly because they appeared on the list out of nowhere, the USF1 and Campos teams were dead-certs. It'll be very interesting to see how fast their new car is, and being the first of the brand new teams to launch a car is a significant achievement.

UltimateDanGTR
1st February 2010, 10:25
well done Virgin/Manor. Them and Lotus look like the serious new entrants. as for USF1 and Campos, well........

DazzlaF1
1st February 2010, 13:23

Yep, but that was'nt all black, this was the last one, the 1998 Arrows

http://speedracing.50webs.com/raridades/r_arrows_1998_pedro_paulo_diniz_monte_carlo_monaco .jpg

That for me is one of the prettiest liveries ever

But back on topic, for me the Virgin launch is the most intriguing, it will be fascinating tos ee what Wirth has done using just CFD software to design the car.

woody2goody
1st February 2010, 14:04
Yep, but that was'nt all black, this was the last one, the 1998 Arrows

http://speedracing.50webs.com/raridades/r_arrows_1998_pedro_paulo_diniz_monte_carlo_monaco .jpg

That for me is one of the prettiest liveries ever

But back on topic, for me the Virgin launch is the most intriguing, it will be fascinating tos ee what Wirth has done using just CFD software to design the car.

I agree, that was a very nice looking car.

Do you reckon there's a chance of seeing some unusual design concepts on the Virgin car?

jens
1st February 2010, 17:05
I can't wait to see the new teams joining testing together with others - that is actually a bit more exciting to me than the "old teams". We all know that all current teams are within 1-2 seconds, but how far behind would the new ones be?