PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will be WRC champion 2010?

Langdale Forest
30th January 2010, 16:10
Could Hirvonen win the championship?
Could Loeb win for a 7th time?
Could Latvala stay on the road?
Could Wilson prove to be a legend? :eek:
What can we expect from Kimi Raikkonen?
What stunts can we expect from Evgeny Novikov?
Will Sordo be allowed to win?

Anyway I think Loeb will win, but Petter Solberg, JML and Dani Sordo will win rallies.

Solberg would be so happpy if he won a rally because he hasn't won propeley for almost half a decade now.

bluuford
30th January 2010, 16:13
aaaah... that is why you are a bit strange sometimes.. you live in the past :-P
EDIT: (Initially it was 2009 on the title :-)

Langdale Forest
30th January 2010, 16:15
Thanks for reminding me!

Wim_Impreza
30th January 2010, 19:41
Could Hirvonen win the championship? No
Could Loeb win for a 7th time? Of course
Could Latvala stay on the road? Only a few rallies
Could Wilson prove to be a legend? He can be the man that drives the most WRC rallies without a podium place.
What can we expect from Kimi Raikkonen? Accidents, sometimes points
What stunts can we expect from Evgeny Novikov? I thought he drives 'only' the Russian Championship?
Will Sordo be allowed to win? Of course not

N.O.T
30th January 2010, 22:06
Loeb is the clear favourite....

I would say that Hirvonen has no chance of winning by driving if he continues to be a little kid.

Latvala i think speedwise on gravel and snow has every chance of fighting for the win and the title....if he manages to stay on the road for a few events and gets a nice confidence boost from it then Loeb will have a worthy oponent.

Kimi will use that little kid also known as co-driver of failures as PR manager to make up excuses.

Solberg will drive the detuned c4 and his horde of blind yes men will cry all day

Sordo will fight for win on tarmac but he will not be allowed to win if the championship is open.

Wilson will continue to get free travel tickets to know the world as a good tourist he is.

Ogier is still a mistery...i hope he shows improvement.

Block will probably quit mid season.

with 4 tarmac rounds i think that its going to be hard for the opponents of Loeb...but this is rallying so anything can happen.

Langdale Forest
30th January 2010, 22:25
Kimi will use that little kid also known as co-driver of failures as PR manager to make up excuses.

Solberg will drive the detuned c4 and his horde of blind yes men will cry all day

Have you ever made a post without the word excuses in it? :rolleyes:

And now you appear to be making comments about Hirvonen, he could be champion next year!

JFL
31st January 2010, 02:34
Loeb is the clear favourite....

I would say that Hirvonen has no chance of winning by driving if he continues to be a little kid.

Latvala i think speedwise on gravel and snow has every chance of fighting for the win and the title....if he manages to stay on the road for a few events and gets a nice confidence boost from it then Loeb will have a worthy oponent.

Sordo will fight for win on tarmac but he will not be allowed to win if the championship is open.

Wilson will continue to get free travel tickets to know the world as a good tourist he is.

Block will probably quit mid season.

with 4 tarmac rounds i think that its going to be hard for the opponents of Loeb...but this is rallying so anything can happen.

Thank you!! :) No reason to follow the WRC now... RESPECT.. How do you know all this things?? Is it the medications???

Huima
31st January 2010, 03:29
Could Hirvonen win the championship?

Could Hirvonen win the championship? It is possible, my bet is that it is Loeb vs. Hirvonen again in this season.(:look :)
Could Loeb win for a 7th time? Yes he can
Could Latvala stay on the road? i think he`ll take it easier this season and stays on the road most of the time
Could Wilson prove to be a legend? :eek: Anything can happen, maybe he finds some extra speed this season and beats everybody?
What can we expect from Kimi Raikkonen? First it`s just some "get to know the car" and and then we can expect some "top 5-6" finishes.
What stunts can we expect from Evgeny Novikov? Hopefully good results, but if he continues like last season, maybe a first WRC backflip?
Will Sordo be allowed to win? If the circumstances are right.

janvanvurpa
31st January 2010, 05:12
I think Kenny Block will win because he's so awesome......

tmx
31st January 2010, 07:40
Obviously Matthew Wilson is my hero so I want him to be world champion. My challenge to Matthew would be to finish ahead of Kimmi Raikonen and also challenge Henning. I'd be impressed if he can get a podium.

Citroen do not allow Sordo to win. Only if Loeb retired or has 20 more points than Hirvonen, then it would be okay for Loeb to finish behind.

Latvala seems to improved in confidence from all that happened last year so he should be more consistent, if he go too fast then it's a disadvantage for Mikko in the title fight. If Mikko want to win world champion, I think Malcolm have to ask Latvala to slow down for Mikko to take the win. If they had done that, then Mikko would have been world champion last year. That's what Citroen asked of Sordo so Loeb could win.

I expect Kimmi to challenge for 5-8, although I have a strange feeling that he might actually be extremely quick in the smooth tarmac rallies and challenge for podium. I also expect a lot of people on this forum will use him as a new target for bashing whenever he makes a driving error or finish in low position, just so they can have someone to criticize.

I will celebrate and drink each time Petter win a rally this year, so would be nice if that's more than once.

koko0703
31st January 2010, 14:51
Hirvonen will finish 2nd in the Championship again.
Loeb will take 7th and his last WRC title.
I hope JML will stay on the road and put more pressure on Loeb.
Wilson will be not only a win-less but podium less legend.
Kimi's best finish will be 5th place but with lots of off road excursion.
I thought Novikov won't compete in WRC.
I hope Sordo will get much deserved win but doubt Citroen will allow him to win.

JRodrigues
31st January 2010, 15:30
Who else? Sebastien Loeb

bluuford
31st January 2010, 15:38
Hirvonen will win the title for sure this season (We made a bet in our friends circle (12 people), everybody banked one beer, I was the onlyone who bet on Hirvonen, so Mikko, 11 beers for me are on your hands!).

Kimi. He will surprise us all. Under his haircut is more technical knowledge and wisdom than you can expect. He will achieve at least one podium position during the season and at least 25 points.

When Latvala did his first WRCar appearance in Estonia, then Tommi (Mäkinen) said that this boy has bright future, he dares to go flat-out on the straights. I would say the same for Kimi.

Wilson is good marketing boy :-) and good fro children (with his cycling trips etc.) Good ambassador for the sport. We need ambassadors, gentleman drivers, crazy young guns and skilled experienced drivers:-)

Possibly by the end of year Wilson will make him good enough offer to compete in SWRC.

WRCMAD Sean
4th February 2010, 22:36
I would say hirvenon has a good chance, of course lobe has a better chance, but i don't wont to be fikal

Rallyper
5th February 2010, 00:26
[quote="Langdale Forest"]Could Hirvonen win the championship?
quote]

Hirvonen as well as Latvala can win the WDC in 2010.
Noope, Loeb will not win this year. Six times is enough. No more record braking. Itīs not him all the time. Itīs gonna be the car as well that lets him down sometimes.
As I said Latvala will be much more matured this year and will be Hirvonens contender of the championship.
Wilson will go on like he has done. But as mentioned above, heīs a gentleman well representing the sport.
Kimi will surpirse us all this year. As the speedman he is he will have a couple of podiums and many 5-8 places.
Novikov will not fly this year, I guess.
Sordo will be allowed to win and will succeed in doing that when Loeb has retired from some tarmac events.

Of course Petter will do a good season. Iīd hope it could last so he wins the title but itīs unlikely. Maybe a second or third overall at the end.

Thatīs how itīs gonna be. Remember this post. :s mokin:

Iskald
5th February 2010, 11:11
I would say hirvenon has a good chance, of course lobe has a better chance, but i don't wont to be fikal

Hirvenon and Lobe, are they the dyslectic brothers of Hirvonen and Loeb ;)

Red bull
7th February 2010, 15:16
miko hirvonen can win if loeb retires,but check out for solberg if he gets full citroen support might take the tittle :s mokin:

Red bull
7th February 2010, 15:26
now that citroen B has nominated its two drivers for 2010 which car will conrad drive and under which team? :s mokin: :confused:

EavesFan09
8th February 2010, 08:50
Have you ever made a post without the word excuses in it? :rolleyes:

And now you appear to be making comments about Hirvonen, he could be champion next year!

Quite right. I have decided to confine my interest in rallying to just the WRC and so my interest in Citroen v Ford and Loeb v Hirvonen has heightened and with that my belief Hirvonen will win the title. Ford won't have sat back over the winter. Some serious decisions and development would have been made. Ford will be competitive. Mikko will be competitive.

To those that were, don't be so harsh on Mikko's chances.

Wim_Impreza
8th February 2010, 10:47
Quite right. I have decided to confine my interest in rallying to just the WRC and so my interest in Citroen v Ford and Loeb v Hirvonen has heightened and with that my belief Hirvonen will win the title. Ford won't have sat back over the winter. Some serious decisions and development would have been made. Ford will be competitive. Mikko will be competitive.

In my opinion you made the wrong choice. IRC, ERC and most of the national championships are much more nice to follow than WRC.

8th February 2010, 11:10

Do yourself a favor and have a look at the IRC series, it really is interesting with tyre choices and there should be even more live coverage in 2010

Could Hirvonen win the championship? Its betwen Mikko and Seb for the championship, i think after Sweden and Mexico we will have a good idea on the pace of Mikko compared to Seb this year. Also if Petter will be able to fight for wins, which would also effect the fight for the championship.
Could Loeb win for a 7th time? Good chance
Could Latvala stay on the road? I think this year he will stay on the road because he will still want a job in 2011..
Could Wilson prove to be a legend? :eek: Wilson might be lucky to get a podium, still a good driver to watch live on the stages
What can we expect from Kimi Raikkonen? I don't think he will be too strong, hope he stays for 2011 where he will have experience and better chance. But Kimi will probably go on to replace Webber at RedBull :(
What stunts can we expect from Evgeny Novikov? Stunts in a Lada somewhere?
Will Sordo be allowed to win? Sordo will win only if Seb isn't second

Tomi
8th February 2010, 11:11
My guess is that its going to be a close fight this year again between Loeb and Hirvonen, but the fight for third will be tough too, if Ogier has rised his game a bit more, he might be there fighting with Latvala and Sordo.
All is set for an interesting rally season start, Rally Sweden with plenty of snow, and the best drivers present, really cant wait.

Finni2
8th February 2010, 13:24
My guess is that its going to be a close fight this year again between Loeb and Hirvonen, but the fight for third will be tough too, if Ogier has rised his game a bit more, he might be there fighting with Latvala and Sordo.
All is set for an interesting rally season start, Rally Sweden with plenty of snow, and the best drivers present, really cant wait.

You don't think that Marcus and Petter will be among Sordo, Ogier and Latvala?

Tomi
8th February 2010, 13:30
You don't think that Marcus and Petter will be among Sordo, Ogier and Latvala?

Marcus might, but i dont think he drive enough events, and Petter no I dont think so.

pettersolberg29
8th February 2010, 14:50
You don't think Petter is as good as Ogier?Ogier is good but last year Petter outclassed him in an ageing Xsara. I also think Petter will beat JML this year with more tarmac events. JML is really poor on tarmac and Petter was very impressive in Spain.

EavesFan09
8th February 2010, 15:23
In my opinion you made the wrong choice. IRC, ERC and most of the national championships are much more nice to follow than WRC.

Do yourself a favor and have a look at the IRC series, it really is interesting with tyre choices and there should be even more live coverage in 2010

Harsh that like. What do you two mean by that? Though I dread to read what you do mean by that. All I meant was I won't be following the JWRC, PWRC and the SWRC. I am lost on who is certain and who isn't in them. All I know is on entry lists those without a priority number won't be doing 2010.

Btw, 6789, do yourself a favour and realise the IRC ain't on digital TV. I don't have sport channels Sky Sports, ESPN and Men & Motors. I only have Freeview.

pettersolberg29
8th February 2010, 15:44
They didn't mean anything bad by it I'm sure. They just meant that in general it is the smaller championships that are more exciting. WRC should be the pinnacle, but unfortunately at the moment it isn't. The IRC is much reccomended from me too.

EavesFan09
8th February 2010, 18:05
They didn't mean anything bad by it I'm sure. They just meant that in general it is the smaller championships that are more exciting. WRC should be the pinnacle, but unfortunately at the moment it isn't. The IRC is much reccomended from me too.

Ah, that's OK then. :)

I was deciding between WRC and IRC initially because of how good Kris Meeke is said to be.

pettersolberg29
8th February 2010, 19:04
I have followed WRC since I was old enough to i.e. 1998/1999 but last year I got into the IRC and I have to say it was good. Rally Radio is at all IRC events this year too which should make it easier to follow. Personally I prefer the WRC - but that is only because Petter Solberg is there and I'm a massive fan. If he wasn't, then the IRC is a better championship to follow.

Sulland
8th February 2010, 19:21
I have followed WRC since I was old enough to i.e. 1998/1999 but last year I got into the IRC and I have to say it was good. Rally Radio is at all IRC events this year too which should make it easier to follow. Personally I prefer the WRC - but that is only because Petter Solberg is there and I'm a massive fan. If he wasn't, then the IRC is a better championship to follow.

But now you will have Mikkelsen to cheer on in IRC !!

pettersolberg29
8th February 2010, 19:34
Very, very true. As discussed in another thread somewhere, the arguments for both are strong and it's only really a matter of personal preference.

MikeD
8th February 2010, 21:58
now that citroen B has nominated its two drivers for 2010 which car will conrad drive and under which team? :s mokin: :confused:

If he has money he will still drive for Citroën Jr (Run by PH-Sport) but he is not likely to be nominated for manu points.

Tomi
9th February 2010, 11:57
You don't think Petter is as good as Ogier?Ogier is good but last year Petter outclassed him in an ageing Xsara

I belive petter gets slower and slower for each year now on and dont have what it takes, when again Ogier is on a rising curve, well last year Ogier did not have good notes yet, if you look at his times on repeted stages, the second run was very, very fast usually, and now those notes are corrected again.

Red bull
9th February 2010, 15:02
If he has money he will still drive for Citroën Jr (Run by PH-Sport) but he is not likely to be nominated for manu points.
hohoho conrads middle name is money,he can pay for the next 5 seasons ahead in advance just to drive.whats the difference btwn citroen jr and ph sport?thanks in advance :o

Langdale Forest
18th April 2010, 19:31
Sebastien Loeb is already running away with the championship lead, currently there is a battle for 2nd place, so who do you think will come 2nd in the championship?

I think that Petter Solberg has a good chance. :D

N.O.T
18th April 2010, 19:38
my only mistakes were the solberg and block ones.....i am a cool person after all.

EavesFan09
18th April 2010, 19:39
Sebastien Loeb is already running away with the championship lead, currently there is a battle for 2nd place, so who do you think will come 2nd in the championship?

I think that Petter Solberg has a good chance. :D

I think so too. But don't rule out Ogier the way Latvala and Hirvonen have been driving lately.

Langdale Forest
18th April 2010, 19:39
i am a cool person after all.

You certanley are!!! :D :D :D :D :D

ridder
19th April 2010, 10:13
my only mistakes were the solberg and block ones.....i am a cool person after all.

Really?

That's 4 out of 9 wrong judging by first 4 races, might as well be guessing.

N.O.T
19th April 2010, 10:34
i cannot see where i am wrong with latvala and ogier....