PDA

View Full Version : Stefan GP, to take part in the 2010 ?

CNR
29th January 2010, 22:20
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ikJ-UyqYpAJu0J2bmjErBlrWXdxg

COLOGNE, Germany — Serbian businessman Zoran Stefanovic on Friday signed an agreement with Toyota which could pave the way for a new team, Stefan GP, to take part in the 2010 Formula One world championship.

N. Jones
29th January 2010, 22:23
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/running-fast-and-loose-with-reality/

I can't see them joining in this year. Next year, maybe, but not this season.

maximilian
29th January 2010, 22:51
I would find it idiotic to make them sit out the season when they seem to have EVERYTHING in place to race and possibly even do better than a couple of the other n00bs...

Dave B
30th January 2010, 08:27
Why would it be idiotic? All it would demonstrate is that money talks louder than the FIA vetting procedure.

maximilian
30th January 2010, 12:29
Why would it be idiotic? All it would demonstrate is that money talks louder than the FIA vetting procedure.
Because in this case, I am actually on money's side! :D

jens
30th January 2010, 21:50
I'm actually leaning towards the idea that the limit of 13 teams should be scrapped and all teams, who want to race, should be let to pre-qualifying like in the 80's and 90's, even if there are 20 teams. It's just sad to see so many teams knocking on the door and even having something ready ( Stefan's Toyota car, Lola had a car in the windtunnel, etc), but not having the opportunity to prove their worth in a real competition. And who fears that not all participating teams may be "serious", then IMO real competition should be the real selector, who deserves to be on the grid among those Top26 and who doesn't, instead of an artificial FIA's selection method. The hopeless participants will naturally disappear sooner or later.

maximilian
30th January 2010, 23:15
I'm actually leaning towards the idea that the limit of 13 teams should be scrapped and all teams, who want to race, should be let to pre-qualifying like in the 80's and 90's, even if there are 20 teams. It's just sad to see so many teams knocking on the door and even having something ready ( Stefan's Toyota car, Lola had a car in the windtunnel, etc), but not having the opportunity to prove their worth in a real competition.
Totally with you on that one, mate! I too say, let them take a shot at it, and the ones who will fail will fail. But at least let them try.

52Paddy
31st January 2010, 03:25
I'm actually leaning towards the idea that the limit of 13 teams should be scrapped and all teams, who want to race, should be let to pre-qualifying like in the 80's and 90's, even if there are 20 teams. It's just sad to see so many teams knocking on the door and even having something ready ( Stefan's Toyota car, Lola had a car in the windtunnel, etc), but not having the opportunity to prove their worth in a real competition. And who fears that not all participating teams may be "serious", then IMO real competition should be the real selector, who deserves to be on the grid among those Top26 and who doesn't, instead of an artificial FIA's selection method. The hopeless participants will naturally disappear sooner or later.

100% agree jens. :up:

Mia 01
31st January 2010, 10:46
Will Campos or USF1 be on the grid in Barain?

I would like to see how the car Stefan GP tokk over from Toyota handles.

V12
31st January 2010, 19:06
Because in this case, I am actually on money's side! :D

Totally with you on that one, mate! I too say, let them take a shot at it, and the ones who will fail will fail. But at least let them try.

Completely agree with both of these statements.

woody2goody
31st January 2010, 21:13
Well why not as they will no doubt have a 2010 car that is raceable and is probably still being developed just in case.

They would probably finish in the top 6 in the constructors' championship if they can find two decent drivers (Heidfeld, Klien, Davidson, Sato, Nakajima spring to mind)

CNR
31st January 2010, 22:22
Q:would the toyota spot on the concorde agreement transfer to Stefan GP

woody2goody
1st February 2010, 01:12
Q:would the toyota spot on the concorde agreement transfer to Stefan GP

Well I'm guessing it would - after all it is the same situation as Honda to Brawn, Brawn to Mercedes and BMW to Sauber.

The more the merrier though. Especially because, unlike the new teams, we are almost guaranteed a car that can regularly score points.

K-Pu
1st February 2010, 02:06
But won´t they have trouble finding sponsors and drivers in such a short time?

Honda gave Brawn the drivers, and Merc and Sauber have had enough time to put things together, knowing they´d be going to be on the grid. Well, maybe Sauber had less time, but now there´s a bit more than a month for Stefan GP to do it.

I really hope they are allowed to race and they put a team together for this (brutal) season I´m (we´re) waiting for, but I see it difficult to happen...

N. Jones
1st February 2010, 03:57
Well I'm guessing it would - after all it is the same situation as Honda to Brawn, Brawn to Mercedes and BMW to Sauber.

The more the merrier though. Especially because, unlike the new teams, we are almost guaranteed a car that can regularly score points.

Actually Toyota's spot went to BMW-Sauber. I am not sure of Stefan GP would be able to find a place in this upcoming season.

ed

ArrowsFA1
2nd February 2010, 12:27
12:15 In other news, Stefan GP is traveling to Bahrain... More info on AUTOSPORT soon - http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/172

Reminds me of that Phoenix team that turned up at a GP with the old Prost cars years ago... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Finance

Dave B
2nd February 2010, 12:55
If they are allowed in, while the likes of Prodrive apparently weren't good enough, then that's a sick joke.

maximilian
2nd February 2010, 13:42
If they are allowed in, while the likes of Prodrive apparently weren't good enough, then that's a sick joke.
Nothing really stopped Prodrive from buying Toyota's assets and try to do the same thing. Stefan just beat them to that vision, and shelled out actual money to make it happen.

There do however seem to be some forces on the inside that apparently don't want Prodrive in F1, although there are also some on this forum who stated that when it comes to coughing up actual cash to strike a deal, Prodrive isn't as deep-pocketed as it may seem, and that's why they haven't been able to secure an entry so far...

Dave B
2nd February 2010, 13:48
For more edivence of the hopelessness of the FIA's vetting procedure, how about this from James Allen's blog (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/01/deals-done-over-campos-stefan-and-no-shows-in-2010/):

And, intriguingly, with several new teams struggling one way or another, it appears that a deal may have been agreed whereby the new teams will be allowed three ‘no-shows’ at races in the next season.
No no no no no. The whole idea was to introduce professional outfits to F1 who could manage a whole season and field credible cars. This is going to make F1 look like the London Marathon allowing a fat bloke in a Spiderman costume just becuase he's collecting for charity.

turismo6
2nd February 2010, 13:50
'Stefan Grand Prix becomes the first team in F1 history who did send a 40 foot container full of equipment to the race in Bahrain without having entry for the 2010 season!'

What engines would (will) they use?

I am evil Homer
2nd February 2010, 13:57
Nothing really stopped Prodrive from buying Toyota's assets and try to do the same thing. Stefan just beat them to that vision, and shelled out actual money to make it happen.

There do however seem to be some forces on the inside that apparently don't want Prodrive in F1, although there are also some on this forum who stated that when it comes to coughing up actual cash to strike a deal, Prodrive isn't as deep-pocketed as it may seem, and that's why they haven't been able to secure an entry so far...

Of course it's nothing to do with Max and Bernie's dislike of Dave Richards. At all. Oh no.

V12
2nd February 2010, 14:07
'Stefan Grand Prix becomes the first team in F1 history who did send a 40 foot container full of equipment to the race in Bahrain without having entry for the 2010 season!'

What engines would (will) they use?

I believe the agreement with Toyota included their F1 engines as well as the TF110. Whether it would be badged differently or retain the Toyota name who knows.

Powered by Cosworth
2nd February 2010, 15:50
Bring back pre-quallys and the 107% rule!

jens
2nd February 2010, 16:52
Got to like the sheer determination of Mr Stefanovich. :p :

Oh, and Stefan has nothing to do with Prodrive. Unlike Stefan GP, Prodrive hasn't got anything ready, which could even remotely remind F1 cars. And they were always going to be dependent on customer car service from McLaren, which is why they failed to reach the grid in 2008. As we remember, Prodrive also lost their bidding contest to Genii Capital, while trying to buy into the Renault team. I suspect Prodrive hasn't proved to F1 circles they are really financially strong enough to seriously cut it in F1.

christophulus
2nd February 2010, 17:03
Stefan GP has announced it will test its first Formula 1 car later this month in Portugal, as it continues to push with its plans to race in the sport this year despite not having an entry.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81219

The whole thing gets stranger and stranger. Nakajima has been signed up to drive, apparently. Oh, and guess which former McLaren designer is working for them now?

Just expecting Pat Symonds and Nelson Piquet Jr to be added to the team and the whole bizarre scenario is complete...

K-Pu
2nd February 2010, 18:12
So, what are they trying to do?

Putting together a team without knowing wether they´ll have permission to race or not? That´s even more strange than getting permission now and managing to get everything ready for Bahrein.

In fact, I don´t know what´s the strangest... USF1´s obscurity, Campos´ funding or Stefan´s I-don´t-know-hot-to-call-it.

maximilian
2nd February 2010, 18:25
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81219

The photo of their office looks a LOT more realistic than those sterile and staged looking ones from WTF1 (a.k.a. USF1).

Let them race, I say!! :vader:

jens
2nd February 2010, 18:38
Stefanovich must have really got some money to have the ability to waste it so much (tests, car development, etc) without any guarantees. I don't think they have found any sponsors if they aren't guaranteed of exposure in an F1 race. So what is the benefit for Mr Zoran with this project if it fails to get off the ground in terms of racing in F1?

VkmSpouge
2nd February 2010, 19:06
Good to know that if Campos or USF1 drop out Stefan will be able to take their place. I can't wait to see the Stefan S-01 powered by the Stefan RG-01 engine :D

DexDexter
2nd February 2010, 19:10
I still don't understand why USF1 for example didn't buy the Toyota car, since it will be so much quicker than what they will produce. In fact all the new teams should have made a bid for the Toyota car.

maximilian
2nd February 2010, 19:11
Stefanovich must have really got some money to have the ability to waste it so much (tests, car development, etc) without any guarantees. I don't think they have found any sponsors if they aren't guaranteed of exposure in an F1 race. So what is the benefit for Mr Zoran with this project if it fails to get off the ground in terms of racing in F1?
I think his business model may well stand on its own. It doesn't seem like he paid a whole lot for the Toyota leftovers, and apparently he is confident that money can be made testing "a current F1 car" in 2010... using it for rookies and pay drivers who want to get some F1 mileage, and using it in other promotional events.

The way I see it, there will be a different sponsor/livery on the car(s) depending on what it's being used for, who drives it, and who pays for the drive... and it's probably also cheaper to run tests than to be race ready and traveling all over the place all year.

Anthony Hamilton is using the same business model for his new enterprise, the difference is Stefan GP actually has a 2010 car to offer.

Who knows, if things go really well, they might even outfit another team with "Stefan RG-1" (or appropriately re-badged) engines next season - I could never really figure out why Honda and BMW didn't let their engines live on in a similar manner.

I think it's a very interesting out-of-the box addition to the F1 universe...

UltimateDanGTR
2nd February 2010, 20:13
Stefanovich believes two teams may not make it onto the grid in time for the opener. He hasnt specified which 2, but we can all guess which two he suspects:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/02/02/stefan-gp-believe-two-teams-in-trouble/

DazzlaF1
2nd February 2010, 20:20
Stefanovich believes two teams may not make it onto the grid in time for the opener. He hasnt specified which 2, but we can all guess which two he suspects:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/02/02/stefan-gp-believe-two-teams-in-trouble/

Of the 2, Campos are the definite ones to be worried about although finance is their only problem, if Teixera does decide to invest in the team then they should be fine.

As for USF1, despite the wall of silence, i think they will be there in Bahrain. So as good and as well prepared as they are, it'll be 2011 before they come in i think.

The only way i can see them competing in 2010 is if they buy out Campos and their entry, and that wont happen

Giuseppe F1
2nd February 2010, 20:29
THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS NOW!!!!!!!:

Stefan GP hire shamed McLaren man Dave Ryan to join shamed McLaren man Coughlan:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/02/stefan-gp-breathing-down-campos-neck/

UltimateDanGTR
2nd February 2010, 20:30
Of the 2, Campos are the definite ones to be worried about although finance is their only problem, if Teixera does decide to invest in the team then they should be fine.

As for USF1, despite the wall of silence, i think they will be there in Bahrain. So as good and as well prepared as they are, it'll be 2011 before they come in i think.

The only way i can see them competing in 2010 is if they buy out Campos and their entry, and that wont happen

I agree with your points. I think the future of Campos is unpredicatable for sure, It will be interesting to see which 13 teams are on the grid in a month and a half's time....

JasonD
2nd February 2010, 20:38
From that jamesallenonf1.com/ (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/02/stefan-gp-breathing-down-campos-neck/) article.

Sources suggest that the cars should be quiet competitive, if given a chance to compete, particularly in qualifying, ...

Im sure they will be quiet, almost as if they didnt even start the engines.

CNR
2nd February 2010, 21:31
Of course it's nothing to do with Max and Bernie's dislike of Dave Richards. At all. Oh no.

well that is what you get when you have a spot on the grid and don't turn up
prodrive did have a spot on the grid before and did not even try to build a car after they found out they could not use the car raced th year before this is why they were not picked again

CNR
2nd February 2010, 21:41

Stefan GP hire shamed McLaren man Dave Ryan to join shamed McLaren man Coughlan:

shamed McLaren man Dave Ryan ?
he lost his job because of a lying Fwit why sould he not get another job in f1

52Paddy
2nd February 2010, 21:55
Some powerful figures are said to be unsure about it. Ferrari are owed several million

Does he mean Dallara? Why would Campos owe Ferrari money? Or is he saying Texeira owes Ferrari money for use of their engines in A1 GP? :confused:

Big Ben
2nd February 2010, 22:35

It´s only shamed lewy missing from the picture, right?

CNR
2nd February 2010, 23:07
Does he mean Dallara? Why would Campos owe Ferrari money? Or is he saying Texeira owes Ferrari money for use of their engines in A1 GP? :confused:

it would be a1gp the cars where based on the Ferrari 2004 championship car

Saint Devote
3rd February 2010, 03:53
Will Campos or USF1 be on the grid in Barain?

I would like to see how the car Stefan GP tokk over from Toyota handles.

I am biased - so lets have Stefan and USF1 team up with those Toyotas - Bruno Senna and Nick Heidfeld presiding.

Good?

turismo6
3rd February 2010, 05:58
I thinks it's a bit weak that they have to cross there fingers in the hope some other team drops off. If they can race let em race,

DexDexter
3rd February 2010, 07:07
I thinks it's a bit weak that they have to cross there fingers in the hope some other team drops off. If they can race let em race,

It's certainly a weird situation. We could end up in a situation where very fast Stefan GP cars are sitting on the sidelines at the first race while Campos and USF1 are trying to complete a lap without breaking down and being 10 seconds off the pace. :rolleyes:

ArrowsFA1
3rd February 2010, 08:28
well that is what you get when you have a spot on the grid and don't turn up
Prodrive entered F1 at a time when customer cars were going to be allowed. They were geared up to run McLarens and the deal had been done for that to happen. The goalposts then moved and Prodrive were not in a position at that time to build and design their own car.

In some ways it's similar to the position the four new teams we see this year find themselves in. They decided to go ahead on the basis of the "F1 on a budget" proposals which subsequently changed, making it a rather more expensive proposition than they had previously imagined. 1Malaysia F1 and Virgin seem to have coped ok, but USF1 and Campos do appear to be struggling.

Nikey
3rd February 2010, 14:44
I just read at http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/108569.html (sorry, it's finnish) that Stefan GP has bought rights for cars built by Dallara and thus Campos won't be able to get the ones they have ordered (Stefan would still be using "Toyotas"). It also says that Villeneuve and perhaps Nakajima would be the drivers and that Bernie is on their side because he doesn't believe a completely new team could be as competitive as Stefan with Toyotas.

Has anyone else confirmed this?

RS
3rd February 2010, 15:00
I just read at http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/108569.html (sorry, it's finnish) that Stefan GP has bought rights for cars built by Dallara and thus Campos won't be able to get the ones they have ordered (Stefan would still be using "Toyotas"). It also says that Villeneuve and perhaps Nakajima would be the drivers and that Bernie is on their side because he doesn't believe a completely new team could be as competitive as Stefan with Toyotas.

Has anyone else confirmed this?

Thats a very clever way of getting on to the grid :D

I would rather see Campos AND Stefan GP, but Stefan would probably put up the best performace of the 2.

I also agree with other comments - let them all in whilst maybe bringing back the 107% rule, or a limit to the number of cars that can start the race.

Dave B
3rd February 2010, 15:01
This is getting farcical now. I mean, second-hand Toyotas and no race entry is one thing, but Villeneuve?! :p

Stefans only hope is that the Toyotas he's bought have the stuck-throttle problem!

Powered by Cosworth
3rd February 2010, 15:02
I'm starting to love this Stefan GP team, they play dirty. Will we see Flav at the helm soon?

I am evil Homer
3rd February 2010, 15:07
Well as a cheat he'd fit right in.

truefan72
3rd February 2010, 15:13
agreed

I think the tracks and pits can handle 28 cars. That would be glorious.
And as to hiring the tow ex mclaren guys, to me it is a stroke of genius. Those guys are very competent engineers no matter what anyone thinks or their alleged transgressions.

i am hoping that Jean todt sees the light and lets this team in.
It would be really good for F1, the fans and the spectacle.

Can you imagine a grid with 28 cars. wow that would be great. I would be like a kid in a candy store. I would then have a valid reason to tell my wife why I need that new 64 inch HD TV I saw at Best Buy

truefan72
3rd February 2010, 15:18
Thats a very clever way of getting on to the grid :D

I would rather see Campos AND Stefan GP, but Stefan would probably put up the best performace of the 2.

I also agree with other comments - let them all in whilst maybe bringing back the 107% rule, or a limit to the number of cars that can start the race.
no 107% rule or limit on the cars to start a race
too many teams invest too much to nt be able to race at the end of the day.
Also with limited testing, racing is the only way these teams can improve.
If Super Aguri where not allowed to race because of the 107% rule at the start of their inception, or force India, or STR then those 3 teams would have never improved over the course of the year. By the time Honda betrayed Super Aguri, They were doing decent times and were inching towards midfield. And we all know that both Force India and STR are fairly competitive today capable of scoring points.

Let them all race I say. The more the merrier :)

V12
3rd February 2010, 15:41
no 107% rule or limit on the cars to start a race
too many teams invest too much to nt be able to race at the end of the day.
Also with limited testing, racing is the only way these teams can improve.
If Super Aguri where not allowed to race because of the 107% rule at the start of their inception, or force India, or STR then those 3 teams would have never improved over the course of the year. By the time Honda betrayed Super Aguri, They were doing decent times and were inching towards midfield. And we all know that both Force India and STR are fairly competitive today capable of scoring points.

Let them all race I say. The more the merrier :)

I wouldn't want a 107% rule, but maybe back to the old days of a 26 car grid (with 27th downwards non-qualifying) if we ever get more than 26 cars. Although if the tracks can handle 28 cars, why the hell not I guess.

maximilian
3rd February 2010, 16:11
The news today is that Bernie Ecclestone is pushing for StefanGP to be allowed to race in 2010, "because he doesn't believe USF1 (a.k.a. WTF1) and Campos will make it to the grid". While I welcome trying to get StefanGP to race, I also wonder why Bernie doesn't instead try to use his influence/financial prowess to help out the other 2 teams at a critical junction to ensure they make it to the grid, as opposed to being apparently convinced and even keen on them to fail??

I want 28 cars on the grid!!!!!!!!!

Giuseppe F1
3rd February 2010, 16:57
BERNIE NOW BACKING STEFAN GP

I give up - this is simply ludicrous now - If teams are now allowed to have these 3 no shows, then wouldnt Stefan at Bahrain be pointless? USF1 and/or Campos would simply just be using up the first of their 3 no-shows and thus buying them the time they need??

Stefan has done everything so pathetically from day 1 if you ask me......smiling like a baffoon in his cardigan at Toyota HQ like some hero and sending our press releases in broken and bad English with phrases such as 'If you worked for Toyota you have better chance of job with us!' and 'We make history by being first team to send freight to race in which we have no entry' and personally thanking his current 8 employees by name in the latest press release' - I half expect him to add 'LOL' and 'smiley faces' onto his official team communications!

They have no racing pedigree, no known operations of their own to build/operate a car and if it wasnt for Toyota servicing for them, they wouldnt even be able to exist as an F1 team now - they are claiming they are some kind of heroes to F1 - laughable! This is 'F1' here, not F3 - do they really deserve to be here ahead of USF1/Campos/Lola/Prodrive??

...........and now Uncle Bernie is publicly supporting their cause:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/8107.html

Dave B
3rd February 2010, 17:21
What a blummin' farce. I love an underdog, don't get me wrong, but this smacks of unprofessionalism.

RS
3rd February 2010, 17:31
They have a car, a factory and money and they are going to test their car before the F1 season starts which is more than can be said for a couple of the other teams yet.

I'd rather they all made the grid but Stefan GP (+1 team) is better than a potential -2!

jens
3rd February 2010, 17:33
Haha, that Stefan GP is so crazy that I'm starting to like them. :D They have their own way of making it onto the grid - by using sheer raw force instead of some formal FIA selection methods. They may well be renamed as TGR - "Tough Guys Racing", featuring Coughlan and Ryan. :p : Villeneuve and a crazy Jap (Sato would be better than Nakajima for that matter though) would be a perfect addition.

DexDexter
3rd February 2010, 19:40
Haha, that Stefan GP is so crazy that I'm starting to like them. :D They have their own way of making it onto the grid - by using sheer raw force instead of some formal FIA selection methods. They may well be renamed as TGR - "Tough Guys Racing", featuring Coughlan and Ryan. :p : Villeneuve and a crazy Jap (Sato would be better than Nakajima for that matter though) would be a perfect addition.

Then get one of those energy drink companies with a weird or agressive name to sponsor them and we are there... :D

DexDexter
3rd February 2010, 19:41

Then get one of those energy drink companies with a weird or aggressive name to sponsor them and we are there... :D

Robinho
3rd February 2010, 20:46
will Toyota have to recall Stefan's cars cos of a dodgy throttle pedal?

maximilian
3rd February 2010, 21:29
Then get one of those energy drink companies with a weird or aggressive name to sponsor them and we are there... :D
Here's the perfect one: :D
http://womantribune.com/postimages/hypeenergy.jpg

rickos
3rd February 2010, 23:14
[quote="Dave Brockman"] but Villeneuve?! :p

QUOTE]

... should I go out and get some salt?
Maybe (probably) not yet.

Powered by Cosworth
3rd February 2010, 23:26
will Toyota have to recall Stefan's cars cos of a dodgy throttle pedal?

I don't think there was ever any risk of Trullis pedal sticking while flat out :p

CNR
4th February 2010, 00:37
Here's the perfect one: :D
http://womantribune.com/postimages/hypeenergy.jpg
a team like that
http://energyandthensome.com/http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://energyandthensome.com/images/cced_prod.gif&imgrefurl=http://energyandthensome.com/&usg=__ekX1kp3lrd5QkYlaPwZ8NJN4n00=&h=401&w=400&sz=47&hl=en&start=20&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=XaYsSVbEScFv6M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmother%2Benergy%2Bdrink%26hl%3Den%26s afe%3Doff%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1

http://i49.tinypic.com/30volfo.gif

Saint Devote
4th February 2010, 00:43
Bernie said today: "I do not believe in the participation of US F1 or Campos".

He went on to declare that Stefan should be allowed to participate and that Ralf Schumacher would be an ideal driver for the Toyota technolgy based team.

What Bernie wants - he usually gets - especially when he is good friends with those who will gain.

Windsor and Campos should make sure their participation agreements are water tight because if Bernie wants you OUT of f1, he will find a legitimate way to boot you.

truefan72
4th February 2010, 01:08
Bernie said today: "I do not believe in the participation of US F1 or Campos".

He went on to declare that Stefan should be allowed to participate and that Ralf Schumacher would be an ideal driver for the Toyota technolgy based team.

What Bernie wants - he usually gets - especially when he is good friends with those who will gain.

Windsor and Campos should make sure their participation agreements are water tight because if Bernie wants you OUT of f1, he will find a legitimate way to boot you.

In this case he won't have to do much but point to the contract on the first Friday of Bahrain when one or both of these teams don't show up or come ill prepared to perform.

Dave B
4th February 2010, 08:31
In this case he won't have to do much but point to the contract on the first Friday of Bahrain when one or both of these teams don't show up or come ill prepared to perform.
Sadly it appears that teams will be able to miss three meetings without penalty.

V12
4th February 2010, 10:05
Like others I'm starting to warm to the "rebel" aspect of this would-be team. If it sets a precedence that drives a truck through the FIA's selection/vetting procedure (unlikely I know, but..) then I'll be eternally grateful.

Pulidor
4th February 2010, 11:47
Latest news I got: Dallara has finally broken its link with Campos, because StefanGP has bought the rights over their F1 chassis. It's not that StefanGP needs this chassis (they already have Toyota's), but this way they make sure Campos is not able to make it to Bahrain, so they get their slot.

Money talks! :(

I am evil Homer
4th February 2010, 11:55
TBH I'm not surprised, nor care. Campos shouldn't have been let into F1 anyway. But they need a better name than Stefan GP.

Pulidor
4th February 2010, 12:04
TBH I'm not surprised, nor care. Campos shouldn't have been let into F1 anyway. But they need a better name than Stefan GP.

Agreed. :up:
If they wanted a good Spanish team they should've chosen Epsilon, and not anything related to this Campos :(

K-Pu
4th February 2010, 13:06
I´m not surprised Bernie prefers Stefan over Campos... or over whatever.

A team doing something like buying other team´s chassis supplier (even when they have their own chassis) only to f*ck the other is just the way Bernie likes. Business, they call it.

The bad thing is that if Campos could have got enough money maybe they´d be at the grid in Bahrein or wherever, and that could (big COULD) mean a grid of up to 28 cars, but now it´s more than difficult they do something which is not dissapearing, so we should have 26... if USF1 manages to put things right... which would leave us with 24, always assuming Stefan GP is accepted because if not... 22 cars. Just like the Super Aguri days. I hope we don´t lose someone else...

I am evil Homer
4th February 2010, 13:12
If they truly had the money they should have bought Toyota's operations. It seems they never really did have enough and needed drivers to bring cash in. That's not the way to run an F1 team

jens
4th February 2010, 13:44
But they need a better name than Stefan GP.

I personally like the name. Nice, clear and short, not long and clumsy "Stefanovich GP", and not something weird nationalistic stuff in the example of USF1 and Force India. Stefan GP sounds like a proper name for a true garagiste team. :)

christophulus
4th February 2010, 14:27
USF1 and Campos both insist they'll be in Bahrain:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81275

Pulidor
4th February 2010, 14:31

That's good news. The more the merrier! :)

RS
4th February 2010, 17:04

They are leaving things late if the crash tests do not go well.

At least Windsor is honest "it might not be pretty" :D

Robinho
4th February 2010, 17:56
Latest news I got: Dallara has finally broken its link with Campos, because StefanGP has bought the rights over their F1 chassis. It's not that StefanGP needs this chassis (they already have Toyota's), but this way they make sure Campos is not able to make it to Bahrain, so they get their slot.

Money talks! :(

thats not the story i've seen. Stefan GP have talked to/Signed up with Dallara to help develop their ex Toyota chassis, which has no effect on their contract with Campos to build them a chassis (although i'd argue it does seem like a conflict of interests)

52Paddy
4th February 2010, 18:20
Stefan GP seem like a cold-blooded outfit. I don't think I'll appreciate their tactics - too Bernie-like. I'm sure Stefanovich has all of the necessary components to bring an F1 team together and even be successful. I just don't like what I'm reading about his approach to joining the sport so far - although that is mostly helped by the Dallara situation. Even if it is a separate issue (one of development rather than supply) to that of Campos, I can't help but feel that Stefanovich is thinking way ahead and knows that he can f*ck Campos over.

But Bernie will like that and I do expect to see them on the grid eventually.

Robinho
4th February 2010, 20:34
like i said somewhere, and i have no evidence for this, but the whole Stefan GP thing just seems fishy to me, something doesn't add up. The mosely organisation didn't want them, but Bernie is all over them (a great reason not to trust them)

i don't know much about the man, or where he got his money, but it wouldn't surprise me much if there was something shady in the past.

i could be completley wrong, it could all be genuine and above board, he could be an upstanding, rich F1 fanatic, if so great, but something about all this leaves me cold and can't put my finger on it - am i the only one?

52Paddy
4th February 2010, 21:03
am i the only one?

Clearly not if you read my post directly above yours ;)

christophulus
4th February 2010, 21:16
like i said somewhere, and i have no evidence for this, but the whole Stefan GP thing just seems fishy to me, something doesn't add up.

I agree with you. If you follow football, it's like Portsmouth's owners, three in a year and none of them actually have any money. Same as the ones who took over Notts County. As a result I'm a bit sceptical of anyone turning up out of nowhere with promises of cash.

maximilian
4th February 2010, 21:20
I get the feeling some people are just skeptical because this is a Serbian outfit. If it was some British bloke named Zack Stevens starting SteveGP the same way, I don't think we'd hear so many doubters... :D

Pulidor
4th February 2010, 23:12
thats not the story i've seen. Stefan GP have talked to/Signed up with Dallara to help develop their ex Toyota chassis, which has no effect on their contract with Campos to build them a chassis (although i'd argue it does seem like a conflict of interests)
Well, that's not what these guys are reporting: (it's spanish translated into english, sorry for that) --> http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.f1aldia.com/7308/dallara-da-el-golpe-de-gracia-al-proyecto-campos-vende-su-coche-a-stefan-gp.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgadYm1pRNTS8S2_FjjCi3ZxIQnyQ
Anyway, we have the autosport link added a few posts above with Campos (and Windsor) insisting they are still on the road to Bahrain, so you might be right :)

I get the feeling some people are just skeptical because this is a Serbian outfit. If it was some British bloke named Zack Stevens starting SteveGP the same way, I don't think we'd hear so many doubters... :D
+1! :up: :D
The fact that the guy is Serbian is like 90% of the information we all got from him, so I understand and share your reasoning :)

Saint Devote
5th February 2010, 01:30
Bernie does what is best for F1, weighing the financial implications. The question to those who unjustly and in very disgraceful way attack Bernie for being an excellent businessman, what do you want?

Do you want F1 to flourish or suffer and maybe die?
Why do you consider it important that Campos exist in F1?

Stefan F1 have done nothing immoral - they have made a brilliant move iin order to achieve their aims - being a grand prix team. Stefan SAVED jobs. They saved what was the Toyota team.

Stfanovich is like Bernie? Well, God bless him if that is so. There is not anyone in F1 that is more generous and do not forget that it is because of Bernie that many in F1 are extremely wealthy today.

Frank Williams, Murray Walker and Sebastian Vettel - who do they have in commomn besides F1 racing? Bernie. They will all describe his thoughtfulness, generosity and kindness.

Unfortunately one of the things I have noticed is the eagerness that people on this forum have for impuning Bernie - and Max of course. It is no different from the schadenfreude that I saw here when Briatore was the issue of discussion.

K-Pu
5th February 2010, 01:53
So you agree asking for an unrealistic high fee in order to host a grand prix is an outstanding move by Bernie?

And the medal system?

And the CVC thingy?

And outstanding places to run like Bahrein, Abu Dhabi, Turkey or China?

And BTW, if he is such a good businessman, I don´t want to know how good is his ex-wife Slavica...

Saint Devote
5th February 2010, 03:41
So you agree asking for an unrealistic high fee in order to host a grand prix is an outstanding move by Bernie?

And the medal system?

And the CVC thingy?

And outstanding places to run like Bahrein, Abu Dhabi, Turkey or China?

And BTW, if he is such a good businessman, I don´t want to know how good is his ex-wife Slavica...

I think the asking price ought to be whatever the market can bear - it is the only way to calculate value. And there is a LIST of countries seeking to hold a grand prix.

I liked the medal system but equally thought that points be awarded as well.

The CVC has nothing to do with me and how can I judge something when I am not privy to all the neccessary details?

I like Sakhir, always have. Yas Marina - at first I did not, but I do now. I do have moral reservations over the above four places, but Bernie has to deal with reality and act rationally. How can he drop the price for the traditional races that have been lost while asking others to pay far more. Silverstone has anted up and so has Canada - if they can, anyone else should have to as well.

For me to state that I know better than the man who created the F1 we know and love as to what is good for F1 in these cases would be a most arrongant and conceited action.

I dont know what you have to complain about - Spain is where all the testing is done, there TWO grands prix each year and THREE Spanish drivers. I'd have thought you would LOVE Bernie!

Strange.

Dave B
5th February 2010, 08:57
Say it isn't so! :eek:

Stefan has some kind of a deal with Toyota to run its 2010 car and there is talk of Ralf Schumacher coming back to give the team some substance.

Source: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/bringing-back-another-schumacher/

Ralf Schumacher? Now this is getting silly!

VkmSpouge
5th February 2010, 19:44

Source: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/bringing-back-another-schumacher/

Maybe Zoran Stefanovic thinks he's signing Michael? :p :

like i said somewhere, and i have no evidence for this, but the whole Stefan GP thing just seems fishy to me, something doesn't add up. The mosely organisation didn't want them, but Bernie is all over them (a great reason not to trust them)

I think that can be explained by at the time when the FIA were vetting the teams Stefan didn't have a decent package in the Toyota TF110 and the Toyota engine. Having got the remains of the Toyota operation they seem to have some money in place so it isn't really any wonder why Bernie is now pushing this team.

Nick Brad
5th February 2010, 20:45
The whole thing stinks and as for the suggestion that those of us who don't like the idea of Stefan GP because Stefanovich is serbian, get over yourselves already. You really expect us to bow down and kiss his a**e through fear of being called racist if we don't, that doesn't work with me. Force India were my favorite team last year, massively improved from previous seasons and showed that they're not just on the grid to make up numbers.

The simple facts are these, it was widely accepted that F1 was being made more accessible through the budget cap, subsequently teams started coming forward having made all the arrangements to run a season, (or at least worked out how to get the funding,) based on said budget cap. Then the goal posts were moved, as already mentioned, and you really expect all the teams to be able to cope with that? Sure, they could have bought the Toymota team, but have you not considered that they'd probably have made considerable investment into their own team plans and so couldn't readily hand over the cash for Toymota.

In closing, I hope none of you Stefan GP supporters run your own companies. If you do, think how you'd feel to have a key supplier suddenly cut off by a rival upstart company. Then maybe you'd have some sympathy for Campos.

Alfa Fan
5th February 2010, 20:59
Campos couldn't pay the bills. Stefan could. That's business.

DazzlaF1
5th February 2010, 21:04
Maybe Zoran Stefanovic thinks he's signing Michael? :p :

I think that can be explained by at the time when the FIA were vetting the teams Stefan didn't have a decent package in the Toyota TF110 and the Toyota engine. Having got the remains of the Toyota operation they seem to have some money in place so it isn't really any wonder why Bernie is now pushing this team.

What about when Toyota pulled out and Stefan GP likely had all the rights to Toyota's 2010 chassis at the time? Even then they were still overlooked in favour of Sauber.

52Paddy
5th February 2010, 21:16
What about when Toyota pulled out and Stefan GP likely had all the rights to Toyota's 2010 chassis at the time? Even then they were still overlooked in favour of Sauber.

Which might point to the fact that Bernie is looking out for his own backside on this one. If StefanGP have more money than Campos, Bernie sees a more likely candidate for long-term investment into the sport and, thus, he can make another few quick £££ in the process.

I think Bernie is a truly great business man and he does his job ruthlessly. He is a genius negotiator. But that doesn't mean I like him, or think he's a nice guy. I hate his tactics, I would never put any trust in him and I find him a cold-blooded personality.

Come to think of it, he reminds me of Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. :p :

DazzlaF1
5th February 2010, 21:20
Which might point to the fact that Bernie is looking out for his own backside on this one. If StefanGP have more money than Campos, Bernie sees a more likely candidate for long-term investment into the sport and, thus, he can make another few quick £££ in the process.

I think Bernie is a truly great business man and he does his job ruthlessly. He is a genius negotiator. But that doesn't mean I like him, or think he's a nice guy. I hate his tactics, I would never put any trust in him and I find him a cold-blooded personality.

And to file a lawsuit agaisnt Campos for breach of contract if they fail to make it = more money in Bernie's back pocket

You are right though, he's a genius negotiator but an arrogant piece of dirt in the process

VkmSpouge
5th February 2010, 21:33

Sauber had been confirmed as the reserve team after Lotus took their spot, that was before Toyota pulled out. As an existing F1 team Sauber were always going to beat Stefan and quite rightly so, there is no shame or cause of concern to be drawn by that.

DazzlaF1
5th February 2010, 21:36
Sauber had been confirmed as the reserve team after Lotus took their spot, that was before Toyota pulled out. As an existing F1 team Sauber were always going to beat Stefan and quite rightly so, there is no shame or cause of concern to be drawn by that.

They did put in a challenge though from what i remember. But like you said, Sauber were listed as the "14th team" and quite rightly the FIA were true to their word and let them in ahead of Stefan

Saint Devote
6th February 2010, 00:27
And to file a lawsuit agaisnt Campos for breach of contract if they fail to make it = more money in Bernie's back pocket

You are right though, he's a genius negotiator but an arrogant piece of dirt in the process

Why do you use such disgraceful words in describing Bernie Ecclestone?

Have you any real idea what the people who populate F1 and actually know Bernie think of him? No, you do not.

Instead you villify him.

That says more about you than anything else. You have my pity.

Heres a thought - why don't you just forget about F1, the sport that Bernie built, because in reality, not doing so makes you a hypocryte or worse.

Saint Devote
6th February 2010, 00:29

Seeing that you know Bernie so well I am sure he will be mortified. OMG! What is he to do NOW!!!!

52Paddy
6th February 2010, 01:11
Seeing that you know Bernie so well I am sure he will be mortified. OMG! What is he to do NOW!!!!

Sorry if I'm not friends with your chums but I perceive him in a different light. You look at the positive he's brought to the sport from a commercial point of view. I look at his attention-seeking comments in the media, his prioritising of his own assets and his manipulative approach to governing the sport.

Have you any real idea what the people who populate F1 and actually know Bernie think of him? No, you do not.

Ask Ron Tauranac, see what he says.

Saint Devote
6th February 2010, 04:08
Sorry if I'm not friends with your chums but I perceive him in a different light. You look at the positive he's brought to the sport from a commercial point of view. I look at his attention-seeking comments in the media, his prioritising of his own assets and his manipulative approach to governing the sport.

Ask Ron Tauranac, see what he says.

Yes, the Bernie I am familiar with goes back 36 years, and his accomplishments from multiple world championship team principle who recognized Gordon Murray's ability and was the first to seek Senna's signature, to his generosity when helping friends and those who he is fond of are all real.

And other more private acts of generosity of time and so on.

But you resent him because he is a businessman that acts properly by acting in his own rational self-interest in the world that exists today - his focus is that F1 flourishes.

And the result of this?
A sport that is third only to the Olympics and World Cup Soccer.
His accomplishments have made many people wealthy and I have never heard any F1 team complain that they are too comfortable.

And a sport that we are able to watch because of Bernie's efforts.

You are an ungrateful fan of this sport, without interest of discovering who Bernie Ecclestone is and without any respect for his accomplishments.

And you believe what the media say about him.

Bernie may be reported as saying outrageous things - but he talks using examples and euphymisms. The way the press use it is the result of the current collapse of journalist ethics.

Ron Tauranac wanted the Brabham team but it was sold by Jack Brabham to Bernie. And Ecclestone turned it into an even greater team. Tauranac was left out. There may be resentment and that is unfortunate because Tauranac accomplished a lot as well.

I presume that you are not a fan of Sebastian "Nigel Mansell" Vettel? How can you be, after all, he is the driver that is closest to Bernie who is his confidente.

Must be something to do with Vettel being a smart cookie - the only driver that manages himself. Bernie likes smart accomplished people.

52Paddy
6th February 2010, 13:44
and was the first to seek Senna's signature

Interesting one that. Ecclestone helped Senna a lot during his career yet never attended his funeral. He "doesn't believe in all that business". I'm not slating him for that, in fact I'm quite impressed at how he has such an ability to stick to his own guns and be his own man. I'm just saying, that despite all that, I still think he's a pr!ck.

And other more private acts of generosity of time and so on.

Which, to me, is like Hitler handing out chocolates to school children.

But you resent him because he is a businessman that acts properly by acting in his own rational self-interest in the world that exists today - his focus is that F1 flourishes.

I resent him because he is ruthless and manipulative. His way of doing things generates a lot of money - people within the sport get richer, consumers benefit from more exposure. But, in my view, he puts the money in front of the sport. I don't think his focus is that F1 flourishes per se - I think it's that F1 creates a large revenue constantly. And, that, he's good at doing. But introducing a medal system to improve the spectacle?!? I can hardly believe that will increase the spectacle, even if it may increase the viewership.

And the result of this?
A sport that is third only to the Olympics and World Cup Soccer.
His accomplishments have made many people wealthy and I have never heard any F1 team complain that they are too comfortable.

And a sport that we are able to watch because of Bernie's efforts.

You are an ungrateful fan of this sport, without interest of discovering who Bernie Ecclestone is and without any respect for his accomplishments.

I've already stated that I do respect his accomplishments. I never said I was ungrateful for what he has achieved and I think he's a genius negotiator. But, as of late, I find his ideas and projection of the sport's future a little absurd/senile. And, if someone as apathetic as him (Bernie always does his own thing, he won't be bossed around) is still in charge in today's sport, it will do more damage to my image of the sport than good. Call me outdated if you will, but Bernie has always considered F1, the "entertainment" business - a point he made when asked about F1Rocks in recent years.

And you believe what the media say about him.

Bernie may be reported as saying outrageous things - but he talks using examples and euphymisms. The way the press use it is the result of the current collapse of journalist ethics.

No, not necessarily. I don't believe everything in the media. I mentioned that he is an attention-seeker. His comments about shortcuts, for example, were madly far-fetched (not that I don't think he could be stopped if he legitimately wanted them). Why does he do this? Create the impression that he is the be all and end all? Scare the opposition?

Ron Tauranac wanted the Brabham team but it was sold by Jack Brabham to Bernie. And Ecclestone turned it into an even greater team. Tauranac was left out.

Not how I read it. Ecclestone, in my opinion, is a control-freak, and the two differing accounts of the Brabham buy-out highlight that. It would be very long-winded to explain Tauranac's actual account of the situation on a thread, but basically: Tauranac was done out of a deal. He wanted to enter the partnership with Ecclestone (he was cautious about doing so and only did it because Jochen Rindt has mentioned Bernie) who would pay £130,000. However, when push came to shove, Ecclestone had said that only £100,000 was on the table. Tauranac did not stand firm this time, and settled for this. What's worse is that, Ecclestone now the managing director, Tauranac went off on his usual 2 week skiing holiday at Christmas to find out his salary had been cut-off when he returned! Ecclestone was trying to oust him from the beginning. As part of that deal he got five DFVs and two cars which equalled almost half the stock and then Tauranac was shoved out. Now, he did great things with the Brabham team, did Bernie. But I absolutely hate his character in that light and he shows no empathy.

I presume that you are not a fan of Sebastian "Nigel Mansell" Vettel? How can you be, after all, he is the driver that is closest to Bernie who is his confidente.

My opinion of people is not drawn from who their friends are. I judge people on my perceptions of the person themselves alone. Nobody else enters my judgement. I like Vettel. And if he likes Bernie and gets on well with him, then fair play to him. I think Vettel is a promising talent who will one day be champion. I also think his persona fits the sport very well from a racing and off-track POV.

I don't hate you for liking Bernie. Your points are very well made out and I agree what major achievements lie on his CV are impressive and have helped the sport. But, I don't like the way he works or his lack of regard for so many people, including hardcore fans. He wants F1 to prosper financially and I can only see that as the height of his aspirations now. Somebody else should take over. He's getting old and his glorious work of the past, where he got so much exposure for F1, has now maxed out.

6th February 2010, 14:36
I resent him because he is ruthless and manipulative.

Just out of interest, on that basis is there anybody in F1 that you do like?

Ruthless and manipulative are omnipresent in F1.

52Paddy
6th February 2010, 15:03
Just out of interest, on that basis is there anybody in F1 that you do like?

Ruthless and manipulative are omnipresent in F1.

Plenty of people. But Bernie is way ahead in this league tamb. His ruthlessness, I find, is to generate more and more money. Going off to far out countries to host races at stupid hour (Malaysia 09?) where the general population do not follow F1 is one of the extremes he will go to to generate more money - because those countries will pay more for a race. We loose great tracks, we get a good few crap ones (not all of them). Ruthlessness is a great trait to have if you use if for the greater good, and not to line your own wallet.

Daz
6th February 2010, 22:27
I hope Stefan GP get a plave for the Bahrain GP as I'd be suprised if either USF1 or Campos make it there. I'm sure Stefan GP are feeling very confident about racing in Bahrain as otherwise why would they have sent kit out there already.

Garry Walker
7th February 2010, 11:39
I presume that you are not a fan of Sebastian "Nigel Mansell" Vettel?.

:rotflmao:

K-Pu
7th February 2010, 22:37
I think the asking price ought to be whatever the market can bear - it is the only way to calculate value. And there is a LIST of countries seeking to hold a grand prix.

Yes, but is it better to have a country paying the fee only to host a GP with empty grandstands because no one cares about F1 there or people simply have not enough money to buy tickets, or having a GP in a country with interest in F1 but not willing to lose money because the fee is waaay bigger than the GP income even with a crowd at the track?

I liked the medal system but equally thought that points be awarded as well.

But the only-medal system (his system) was quite pointless. Why bother racing if you can´t do anything but winning? What´s the point of being at the midfield?

The CVC has nothing to do with me and how can I judge something when I am not privy to all the neccessary details?

I can´t explain why did Bernie take such a loan from CVC and now keeps rising the GP fees... Sometimes mysteries overlap and raise suspicions...

I like Sakhir, always have. Yas Marina - at first I did not, but I do now. I do have moral reservations over the above four places, but Bernie has to deal with reality and act rationally. How can he drop the price for the traditional races that have been lost while asking others to pay far more. Silverstone has anted up and so has Canada - if they can, anyone else should have to as well.

They build 800 m. high skyscrappers in Dubai because they have money to spare. Lots of money. What it is more strange... if they have so mcuh money, why do they pay the workers only between 3 and 6 euros a day? Didn´t they have MONEY in capitals? Then, apart from the elite, no one has enough money to attend a F1 race in these countries, and that´s reality too. Anyway, his reality is a bit detached from that one, and it´s reduced to business. Of course, it´s good business for him since he can get more money from Abu Dhabi than from France...

For me to state that I know better than the man who created the F1 we know and love as to what is good for F1 in these cases would be a most arrongant and conceited action.

I dont know what you have to complain about - Spain is where all the testing is done, there TWO grands prix each year and THREE Spanish drivers. I'd have thought you would LOVE Bernie!

That does not mean I agree with Bernie´s methods nor I love him. In fact. it´s quite the opposite since Valencia Street Sedation is one of the worst tracks ever made and has a quite obscure history of political corruption behind it, and Montmeló is nothing special... The two races are quite boring, and believe me, when it´s time for a GP here in Spain, I prefer to be hiding under a stone because of the media. Yes, we are that stupid here. What´s more strange, testing receives NO ATTENTION by the media, apart from the obvious "Fernando-is-gonna-destroy-´em-all" which is getting quite tiresome since 2004...

We have three Spanish drivers, yes, but how many Germans, for example? Are all the Spanish drivers bought by Bernie? I don´t think so, but one thing is sure: Valencia has put forward enough money to buy the GP just because of politics, or more precisely, politicians. Here, the right wing claimed openly that if they didn´t win the elections in Valencia, we could say goodbye to the GP. That was their threat... Which misteriously coincides with Bernie´s wettest dreams.

Strange.

Yes, strange.

Saint Devote
8th February 2010, 00:14
Yes, but is it better to have a country paying the fee only to host a GP with empty grandstands because no one cares about F1 there or people simply have not enough money to buy tickets, or having a GP in a country with interest in F1 but not willing to lose money because the fee is waaay bigger than the GP income even with a crowd at the track?

But the only-medal system (his system) was quite pointless. Why bother racing if you can´t do anything but winning? What´s the point of being at the midfield?

I can´t explain why did Bernie take such a loan from CVC and now keeps rising the GP fees... Sometimes mysteries overlap and raise suspicions...

They build 800 m. high skyscrappers in Dubai because they have money to spare. Lots of money. What it is more strange... if they have so mcuh money, why do they pay the workers only between 3 and 6 euros a day? Didn´t they have MONEY in capitals? Then, apart from the elite, no one has enough money to attend a F1 race in these countries, and that´s reality too. Anyway, his reality is a bit detached from that one, and it´s reduced to business. Of course, it´s good business for him since he can get more money from Abu Dhabi than from France...

That does not mean I agree with Bernie´s methods nor I love him. In fact. it´s quite the opposite since Valencia Street Sedation is one of the worst tracks ever made and has a quite obscure history of political corruption behind it, and Montmeló is nothing special... The two races are quite boring, and believe me, when it´s time for a GP here in Spain, I prefer to be hiding under a stone because of the media. Yes, we are that stupid here. What´s more strange, testing receives NO ATTENTION by the media, apart from the obvious "Fernando-is-gonna-destroy-´em-all" which is getting quite tiresome since 2004...

We have three Spanish drivers, yes, but how many Germans, for example? Are all the Spanish drivers bought by Bernie? I don´t think so, but one thing is sure: Valencia has put forward enough money to buy the GP just because of politics, or more precisely, politicians. Here, the right wing claimed openly that if they didn´t win the elections in Valencia, we could say goodbye to the GP. That was their threat... Which misteriously coincides with Bernie´s wettest dreams.

Yes, strange.

'Tis the task of Bernie to run F1, not any one of us. It does not mean that I like every decision he decides - but I am confident that he does what is neccessary and the best for F1 to flourish and make the most money he can for himself.

I prefer that the general media do not to follow F1, but rather the motor racing publications only. Too many people following F1 brings "popular opinion" which is usually horribly ignorant.

I like Bernie. He is loyal to his friends and generous and compassionate to those he considers worthy.

jens
8th February 2010, 11:58

What is silly? If Stefan wants an experienced driver, Ralf is as good option as they can get considering the driver market at the moment. If anything, signing Ralf would show the seriousness of the project, because he isn't any kind of a paydriver many teams have been seeking for. Maybe above all you want to question whether Ralf is motivated, but I think if he agrees to make a comeback in such start-up team, he is motivated, because surely he would be paid merely peanuts at SGP. He would be paid more at DTM by Mercedes and I thought he already has a contract for a '10 season this year with them?

ArrowsFA1
9th February 2010, 11:23
I hope Stefan GP get a plave for the Bahrain GP as I'd be suprised if either USF1 or Campos make it there.

There are increasing suggestions Campos won't make it into F1 this season and USF1 could miss three races.
http://twitter.com/byronf1

milly
9th February 2010, 12:07
http://twitter.com/byronf1

I wouldn't rely on Byron Young for fantastic insight.

He's only picking up what's being written in other places weeks ago.

ArrowsFA1
9th February 2010, 13:00
I wouldn't rely on Byron Young for fantastic insight.

He's only picking up what's being written in other places weeks ago.
Maybe, but I doubt that Ecclestone and Todt would be confirming that teams could miss a total of three races without penalty if there wasn't a very realistic prospect of that happening.

Garry Walker
9th February 2010, 15:56
What is silly? If Stefan wants an experienced driver, Ralf is as good option as they can get considering the driver market at the moment. If anything, signing Ralf would show the seriousness of the project, because he isn't any kind of a paydriver many teams have been seeking for. Maybe above all you want to question whether Ralf is motivated, but I think if he agrees to make a comeback in such start-up team, he is motivated, because surely he would be paid merely peanuts at SGP. He would be paid more at DTM by Mercedes and I thought he already has a contract for a '10 season this year with them?

Ralf would be a great driver for most teams. I know he has so many haters, but his driving abilities are unquestionable.
If they dont hire Ralf, I would be ok with Villeneuve there as well. Not a fan at all, but at least he is an interesting character.

Sarac330d
10th February 2010, 13:32
I am from Serbia. My personal opinion that is impossible for Stefan GP to get in F1. As far as i know Mr. Zoran Stefanovic don`t have money for car racing in national championship in Serbia(which is very weak, with very little cars in competiton) and many of my friends who knows Mr. Stefanovic better than me told me that he is master of double dealing and fraud. That there is no way that he can manage to get money for his decent private car to buy and talking about buying F1 team is absolutely nonsence.

Nobody here in Serbia even don`t know company or businessman who have that kind of money to be sponsor of F1 team, and to buy it is just a dream.

We will wait for first race in Bahrein and see what will happen. I think that there is no way that Stefan GP will be there.

jens
10th February 2010, 13:35
I am from Serbia. My personal opinion that is impossible for Stefan GP to get in F1. As far as i know Mr. Zoran Stefanovic don`t have money for car racing in national championship in Serbia(which is very weak, with very little cars in competiton) and many of my friends who knows Mr. Stefanovic better than me told me that he is master of double dealing and fraud. That there is no way that he can manage to get money for his decent private car to buy and talking about buying F1 team is absolutely nonsence.

Nobody here in Serbia even don`t know company or businessman who have that kind of money to be sponsor of F1 team, and to buy it is just a dream.

We will wait for first race in Bahrein and see what will happen. I think that there is no way that Stefan GP will be there.

Hmm... I wonder, where did he get the money to buy Toyota cars, hire Coughlan & co, etc then?

I am evil Homer
10th February 2010, 14:15
Ralf would be a great driver for most teams. I know he has so many haters, but his driving abilities are unquestionable.
If they dont hire Ralf, I would be ok with Villeneuve there as well. Not a fan at all, but at least he is an interesting character.

Agreed....Ralf could do a decent job for a new team. Jacques i'm less sure about, I think he's an interesting guy but he's burnt too many F1 bridges.

Sarac330d
10th February 2010, 17:32
Hmm... I wonder, where did he get the money to buy Toyota cars, hire Coughlan & co, etc then?

I don`t know what to tell you, but i think that all this is very, very big manipulation with medias and various magazines. I think if he really bought this team that all medias in Serbia would be informed and everybody should talk about that in Serbia. But nobody talk about him and Serbian F1 Team(Stefan GP). There is some daily newspapers which write articles from time to time about this, but nothing serious for the moment. All people which are involved in motosport activities are very, very sceptic about this Stefan GP thing.

Robinho
10th February 2010, 20:19
thats very interesting, and kind of fortifies my doubts about him and his team - i have a nagging doubt that he has a shady history to rival Flav, if not to exceed. interesting to hear fears from a Serb national, you'd expect that there would be some hype back home for the project.

truefan72
11th February 2010, 06:04

not me I think signing Ralf is a good thing. Yes he had a bit of an awful time at toyota, but when motivated, he is as good as anyone and unlike some, has earned most of his GP wins and podiums rather than lucking into them. The most impressive was the 2001 Canada GP IMO.

I honestly think the large contract he got at Toyota sorta messed with his racing spirit. Not everyone can muster the type of racing spirit that the elites have despite their huge incomes. And I guess that's why they are racing elites.

Ralf may not be in the pantheon of elites, but he is a very good driver that knows how to handle a car and be fast. I think his motivation will be back and obviously money won;t be an issue since he has pretty much made a lifetimes worth of riches. Also knowing the ex toyota crew & facility is also a big plus ...for him at least, although tbh I'm not sure how those guys view him lol

truefan72
11th February 2010, 06:11
thats very interesting, and kind of fortifies my doubts about him and his team - i have a nagging doubt that he has a shady history to rival Flav, if not to exceed. interesting to hear fears from a Serb national, you'd expect that there would be some hype back home for the project.

probably has the roman Abrahmovich Oligarchs type of connections.

I know that I should be more wary of the sources of some of these guys, but I suppose if they go clean with the money then fine. Rather he invest in F1 than invest in some unseemly businesses. I do think that he has the funds to do what he needs to do. Securing funds for a national series that nobody watches or cares is a much tougher sell than securing funds to be in F1. With the right negotiating skills and a decent business plan along with the opportunity to pick a ready made team, it would seem more than attractive to many investors, national or international. I think they are for real. Or at least more prepared than Campos or USF1.

racepode1
11th February 2010, 07:32
One Chance less for Stefan, Campos Finally Sold hes team to VW acording to spanish press
http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/formula-automovilismo-deportes/dasmot/20100211dasdaimot_1/Tes
http://www.as.com/opinion/articulo/equipo-espanol-esfuma/dasmotfm1/20100211dasdaiopi_8/Tes

Sarac330d
11th February 2010, 09:29
probably has the roman Abrahmovich Oligarchs type of connections.

I know that I should be more wary of the sources of some of these guys, but I suppose if they go clean with the money then fine. Rather he invest in F1 than invest in some unseemly businesses. I do think that he has the funds to do what he needs to do. Securing funds for a national series that nobody watches or cares is a much tougher sell than securing funds to be in F1. With the right negotiating skills and a decent business plan along with the opportunity to pick a ready made team, it would seem more than attractive to many investors, national or international. I think they are for real. Or at least more prepared than Campos or USF1.

Exactly that is reason why we in Serbia don`t believe in this Stefan GP thing. People who are much familiar with Mr. Zoran Stefanovic are saying that he is not such big player so he can get good conections and sponsorships. Some people talked that he has some connection is Russia, but i think that is impossible knowing Mr. Stefanovic, becouse why would some Russian businessman invest in some Serbian F1 Team and race under Serbian flag. They can do it under Russian flag.

But everything is possible, we will wait and see in future. My personal opinion is that is not going to be anything from this Stefan GP.

truefan72
11th February 2010, 17:44
Exactly that is reason why we in Serbia don`t believe in this Stefan GP thing. People who are much familiar with Mr. Zoran Stefanovic are saying that he is not such big player so he can get good conections and sponsorships. Some people talked that he has some connection is Russia, but i think that is impossible knowing Mr. Stefanovic, becouse why would some Russian businessman invest in some Serbian F1 Team and race under Serbian flag. They can do it under Russian flag.

But everything is possible, we will wait and see in future. My personal opinion is that is not going to be anything from this Stefan GP.

1. Try not to look at this as a serbian thing with Serbian implications
2. F1 is a global sport and money knows no boundaries. If his russian connections are true, then they would have no qualms investing in the team, no matter where they are from. its 2010 and rich businessmen, of dubious backgrounds or clean, are not really interested in nationalistic pride as they are at placing their money in quality spots. (BTW I hear that even the Serbian govt. is subsidizing part of this team.)
3. I think Stefen GP is way further advanced than 3 of the 4 new entrants. While you have your personal opinion, the facts and news about them contradict that. They bought the Toyota F1 team, they have hired Collin Koles, they have already shipped parts to Bahrain, they are ready to do testing any day now, etc, etc, etc.

Sounds to me like you have some issue with the man and would rather believe the worst and see them fail rather than just being happy that there might be another f1 team on the grid.

Saint Devote
12th February 2010, 03:14

And when did sainthood become a requirement to be an F1 boss? Smearing people is something of an internet specialty.

Can't stand this kind of message - it always smacks of resentment that so many in this modern day and age have for highly successful people.

Flavio was highly succesful in F1. He was responsible for leading a team that gave the two top drivers on the grid today, Alonso and Schumacher, consecutive world titles.

Instead that is all forgotten.

Dr. Krogshöj
13th February 2010, 11:33
Sarac330d, I am also a bit skeptical about Stefan GP. What worries me is that the so called AMCO corporation positions itself as a big industrial firm, but if one takes a good look at their website (http://www.amco.st), it's really amateurish. There is very little information about them on the internet too. At best, AMCO seems to be a reseller of industrial IT solutions. What is really what this obscure company does? Who is Zoran Stefanovic - apart from being an apparent F1 enthusiast?

Robinho
13th February 2010, 17:06
And when did sainthood become a requirement to be an F1 boss? Smearing people is something of an internet specialty.

Can't stand this kind of message - it always smacks of resentment that so many in this modern day and age have for highly successful people.

Flavio was highly succesful in F1. He was responsible for leading a team that gave the two top drivers on the grid today, Alonso and Schumacher, consecutive world titles.

Instead that is all forgotten.

Rubbish - i have great respect for what Flav acheived in F1, even more so given that he had no prior interest in the sport, but dig deeper and the guy was a crook, and his connections with former bosses and colleagues who were blown up and the unsolved bomb plots on his properties in more recent times tell me more about the mans character than you ever will.

he didn't give us Schumacher, he poached him (very cleverly) at the right time, and i don't think Alonso would have failed to get where he did without Flavs management, he had too much talent to have been ignored.

he's a highly successful and driven man, but i fail to see why i should bow down and ignore the sadier elements to his life just because you choose to deify him

52Paddy
14th February 2010, 02:23
Rubbish - i have great respect for what Flav acheived in F1, even more so given that he had no prior interest in the sport, but dig deeper and the guy was a crook, and his connections with former bosses and colleagues who were blown up and the unsolved bomb plots on his properties in more recent times tell me more about the mans character than you ever will.

he didn't give us Schumacher, he poached him (very cleverly) at the right time, and i don't think Alonso would have failed to get where he did without Flavs management, he had too much talent to have been ignored.

he's a highly successful and driven man, but i fail to see why i should bow down and ignore the sadier elements to his life just because you choose to deify him

Well put :up:

Saint Devote
14th February 2010, 02:42

I have no idea what you are talking about - but my answer to you, is, that my interest in Flavio is formula one. Outside of that is irrelevant and is NONE OF YOUR OR MY BUSINESS.

You may seek also to minimize Flavio's F1 achievements but it remains that he was the one with whom Alonso and Schumacher each won consecutive WDC's with a team he turned around.

Thats leadership and ability to recognize drivers BEFORE they have become champions and provide the opportunity for them and take on that risk.

Alonso was the only individual in F1 NOT to turn his back on Flavio and he showed that moral courage publicly. What a difference between him and Hamilton who participated in the scapegoating of Davey Ryan.

Its rough out there and if you want lilly-white souls I am afraid you will be left with the silence of the wind blowing.

I would love to see Flavio return to Renault. With Kubica he would mould another champion. Unfortunately the politics of F1 would prevent that.

Deify Flavio? I would not lower myself to make him into a god. I prefer those who are superior to gods, human beings.

52Paddy
14th February 2010, 03:06
I have no idea what you are talking about - but my answer to you, is, that my interest in Flavio is formula one. Outside of that is irrelevant and is NONE OF YOUR OR MY BUSINESS.

I'm not trying to butt in here but it might be worth me saying: some people view situations in a broader context. You solely judge Flavio on his F1 success and greatness but don't take into account his external flaws at least. Others do. Neither is wrong in my opinion, but this makes an argument difficult to go anywhere at all.

I'll be quiet for now. :)

gloomyDAY
14th February 2010, 03:27
I'm not trying to butt in here but it might be worth me saying: some people view situations in a broader context. You solely judge Flavio on his F1 success and greatness but don't take into account his external flaws at least. Others do. Neither is wrong in my opinion, but this makes an argument difficult to go anywhere at all.

I'll be quiet for now. :) Get out of here you drunk Mick! Stop making all that sense. :D

Robinho
15th February 2010, 21:34

You may seek also to minimize Flavio's F1 achievements but it remains that he was the one with whom Alonso and Schumacher each won consecutive WDC's with a team he turned around.

Thats leadership and ability to recognize drivers BEFORE they have become champions and provide the opportunity for them and take on that risk.

Alonso was the only individual in F1 NOT to turn his back on Flavio and he showed that moral courage publicly. What a difference between him and Hamilton who participated in the scapegoating of Davey Ryan.

Its rough out there and if you want lilly-white souls I am afraid you will be left with the silence of the wind blowing.

I would love to see Flavio return to Renault. With Kubica he would mould another champion. Unfortunately the politics of F1 would prevent that.

Deify Flavio? I would not lower myself to make him into a god. I prefer those who are superior to gods, human beings.

oh come on, really? anything outside F1 is no-ones business? just because you choose to ignore everything else does not give you grounds to tell me what is my business - this is a man who has lived a huge proportion of his working life in the public spotlight and the information is in the public domain.

i don't seek to minimise his acheivements, as i said, although you cleary couldn't be bothered to read it, just dismissed with "i have no idea what your talking about" i have great respect for what he acheieved - even more so as he did not have a background in the sport. he managed a team into one of the main players and won championships with different drivers in very different periods of the sport. i was a huge fan of the early Bennetton days when the likes of Berger drove the great looking cars, but i choose not to gloss over the other elements of his character. i don't expect whiter than white, but i do reserve the right to form my opinion based on all the information i can get my hands on, not just because you disagree with me.

i don't miss Flav, you do. i appreciate why you do, but i don't share your sentiments. it doesn't make what he did in his time any less impressive, but it does mean that whilst i respect those acheivements i do not respect the man.

Robinho
16th February 2010, 19:28
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8518652.stm

Stefan GP seem to be getting closer to actually making it, right now i'd rate their chances ahead of Campos and USF1, which is laughable considering the process the FIA supposedly went through to get the new entrants in

52Paddy
16th February 2010, 19:49
14 teams - :D

Though it does make the FIA's vetting procedure a load of Balls if Stefan succeed. :rolleyes:

gloomyDAY
16th February 2010, 20:08
14 teams - :D

Though it does make the FIA's vetting procedure a load of Balls if Stefan succeed. :rolleyes: We all knew the vetting procedure was a crock. Just Max playing favorites and keeping people out, which whom he had a vendetta against. Ridiculous! Now we're seeing the consequences of admitting teams without a chance of making the grid.

If Stefan can race, then let's rock n' roll.

F1boat
16th February 2010, 20:23
I support 13 teams, but Stefan should come instead of WTF1.

woody2goody
16th February 2010, 23:33
At least they (Stefan) probably have a car pretty much ready to go. If not they have the good facilities to do it quickly.

They might as well get Heidfeld and Nakajima or Klien in there so they have a solid driver pairing.

DazzlaF1
16th February 2010, 23:45
At least they (Stefan) probably have a car pretty much ready to go. If not they have the good facilities to do it quickly.

They might as well get Heidfeld and Nakajima or Klien in there so they have a solid driver pairing.

Would'nt Dallara be in that position too (if they sell on what would have been Campos's car to whoever wants to take it on, StefanGP perhaps?)

Saint Devote
17th February 2010, 00:32

I'll be quiet for now. :)

His activities outside of F1 are not relevant - as a fan I view him as a team manager and one of the best ever because it was under his guidance that Benetton and Renault had the two top drivers in F1 today, that twice won them double world titles.

My question is why the people on this forum, so very pure and holy, choose to judge the people of F1 on apparent negatives? Its like looking at Man as if he has a bad nature and I disagree with that, to say the least.

There are two ways of looking at people and I choose the positive, the one in Flavio's case that actually is relevant to F1 and the one that gave me as a fan a great deal of pleasure.

Saint Devote
17th February 2010, 00:37
I don't see why it is such a big deal to allow a 14th team - if Max was still FIA chief, together with Bernie, it would have been decided already, AFFIRMATVELY! Max always had the wherewithal to change courses.

Now we have a little Todt, who vaccilates and "thinks" and has to move "logically" and a decision that should and can be made quickly, look like something being deliberated by a government.

This is F1 and there is a team with money, with cars and the ambition to be in F1 - LET THEM JOIN!!!

speeddurango
17th February 2010, 00:59
That sounds more like motorsport enthusiast in the more basic form of motorsport.

maximilian
17th February 2010, 02:32
Let Them In. Now.

Saint Devote
17th February 2010, 04:22
That sounds more like motorsport enthusiast in the more basic form of motorsport.

What do you think motivates people like Bernie, or Dennis or Williams or Mateschitz or Mallyah or Jordan or Stefanovich?

They ARE motor racing enthusiasts and that IS required from karts to f1 :D

F1boat
17th February 2010, 06:38
Bernie is motivated by money IMO.

Garry Walker
17th February 2010, 09:56
What do you think motivates people like Bernie, or Dennis or Williams or Mateschitz or Mallyah or Jordan or Stefanovich?

Money, mostly.
Not all of them, but most of them.

I am evil Homer
17th February 2010, 10:21
And where is Stefan getting his money from exactly? And how much does he have to run a GP team?

UltimateDanGTR
17th February 2010, 11:03
And where is Stefan getting his money from exactly? And how much does he have to run a GP team?

Stefanovich is getting money from the serbian government, or at least backing, it would seem (this is according to the BBC)

and, Bernie has spoken with the prime minister of serbia.

hmm, I think its likely Stefan GP will be at Bahrain (more likely than USF1 being there)

I am evil Homer
17th February 2010, 11:30
I bet the people of Serbia lvoe their govt spending money on F1! Still seems fishy to me...

Pulidor
17th February 2010, 11:41
Karun Chandhok and Kazuki Nakajima surely are one of the most competitive driver lineups I've seen in my entire life!
There's Senna-Prost, and then there is Chandhok-Nakajima.... :D
I would even prefer Ralf to come back instead of this....

I would like to see StefanGP at Bahrain (the more the merrier!) but this sounds like a bad joke. :down:

Saint Devote
17th February 2010, 12:05
Karun Chandhok and Kazuki Nakajima surely are one of the most competitive driver lineups I've seen in my entire life!

I would like to see StefanGP at Bahrain (the more the merrier!) but this sounds like a bad joke. :down:

Nakajima is not exactly the worst - he has good experience from being at Williams and went quite well at certain tracks.

Chandok is no shining light but he is a mid-grid experienced GP2 driver. Also there is probably a strategic reason - Bernie wants Chandhok in F1 because of an Indian Grand Prix.

BCE wanted Chandhok to be signed by Force India.

Honestly, I do not see the selection to be the worst albeit it is not the greatest either.

I still say give Stefan GP a chance at Sakhir.

maximilian
17th February 2010, 12:43
Yeah, Chandhok isn't exactly enchanting, but at least it's not a totally a name drawn out of the hat - he's had his nose in F1 opportunities a couple times. Nakajima/Chandhok sounds better to me than Lopez/Valles. I also agree, Bernie may have a large hand in this to push the somewhat stalled Indian GP project ahead.

petar74
17th February 2010, 12:46
Well,on paper,Stefan GP team sounds more solid then those two,Campos and USF1.They definaly have better car and more importantly ready one.

And I personaly would like to see more cars on the grid.And choseing drivers for starting team is more strategic decision then simple desire to have some particular person.Bouth those drivers bring something to the team.So it seams that Stefanovic have clear minde and sence what he is doing trying to establish solid ground for his team.

Here is some pictures you guys can finde interesting.

This is looking as 2010 car still in toyota's colors.

petar74
17th February 2010, 12:51
And this is looking as Nakajima in car with red color (as Stefan GP said car would be painted) .

One more interesting thing about the picture is Nakajimas three fingers.That is one of serbian "thing" if you notice moust of serbian sports man would do that.

F1boat
17th February 2010, 13:39

It will be cool if Ralf returns.

maximilian
17th February 2010, 13:54
It will be cool if Ralf returns.
I guess Chandhok is as much a rumor at this time as Ralf is... maybe one of those 3 candidates will be the "test" driver. Or maybe they'll think out of the box again and run different drivers throughout different races. Well, IF they get to run any races at all! :p :

Right about now would be a really good time for StefanGP to release some images of their car. I am not sure why they haven't done that, since allegedly they HAVE the car. It wouldn't hurt their case to have these pictures pop up all over the place, while Campos and WTF1 are nowhere to be seen. Kinda makes me worry about maybe they aren't as far along as we would like them to be.

Dr. Krogshöj
17th February 2010, 15:17
If they get the nod, the shouldn't hesitate signing López and snatching his sponsors. Nice to see new members from Serbia popping up. This could be a huge thing for motor sports in Central Europe, although I still have my doubts about the background of Mr. Stefanovic.

F1boat
17th February 2010, 15:36
Maximilian, Ralf stated that he is impressed by Stefan GP so he is more than a rumor IMO.

truefan72
17th February 2010, 15:38
Yeah, Chandhok isn't exactly enchanting, but at least it's not a totally a name drawn out of the hat - he's had his nose in F1 opportunities a couple times. Nakajima/Chandhok sounds better to me than Lopez/Valles. I also agree, Bernie may have a large hand in this to push the somewhat stalled Indian GP project ahead.
if they do make it to the gird it will probably be Nakajima and Ralf, or Nakajima and Klien with Chandhock as 3rd driver IMO

truefan72
17th February 2010, 15:41
I guess Chandhok is as much a rumor at this time as Ralf is... maybe one of those 3 candidates will be the "test" driver. Or maybe they'll think out of the box again and run different drivers throughout different races. Well, IF they get to run any races at all! :p :

Right about now would be a really good time for StefanGP to release some images of their car. I am not sure why they haven't done that, since allegedly they HAVE the car. It wouldn't hurt their case to have these pictures pop up all over the place, while Campos and WTF1 are nowhere to be seen. Kinda makes me worry about maybe they aren't as far along as we would like them to be.

excellent point. It would really put the pressure on the FIa if pictures of the car pop up. But if they bough the toyota cars then they are good to go since Toyota effectively built the 2010 car already by fall of last year

maximilian
17th February 2010, 15:55
excellent point. It would really put the pressure on the FIa if pictures of the car pop up. But if they bough the toyota cars then they are good to go since Toyota effectively built the 2010 car already by fall of last year
That's why I am a slight bit worried, because if they really DO have these cars all put together, it would seem natural to slap ANY kind of paint on it and leak a couple pictures to the press, just to pour fuel on the fire. I just hope the fact that they haven't done that yet isn't an indication that things are not as solid as we'd like them to be.

I would rather see Ralf in the race seat than Chandhok, but seeing that Nakajima is apparently a shoe-in, this may not happen. I can't imagine Karun would bring $6 million, and then be a mere test driver - surely no sponsor would go for that?

truefan72
17th February 2010, 16:00
That's why I am a slight bit worried, because if they really DO have these cars all put together, it would seem natural to slap ANY kind of paint on it and leak a couple pictures to the press, just to pour fuel on the fire. I just hope the fact that they haven't done that yet isn't an indication that things are not as solid as we'd like them to be.

I would rather see Ralf in the race seat than Chandhok, but seeing that Nakajima is apparently a shoe-in, this may not happen. I can't imagine Karun would bring $6 million, and then be a mere test driver - surely no sponsor would go for that?

yep you are probably right on the chandhock thing.

Also in terms of the pictures, perhaps they do have sponsors but for some legal reasons, can't display the car unless they have a grid spot. No big business would like to see their name in the headlines only to be embarrassed by a non entry.

maximilian
17th February 2010, 16:07
Also in terms of the pictures, perhaps they do have sponsors but for some legal reasons, can't display the car unless they have a grid spot. No big business would like to see their name in the headlines only to be embarrassed by a non entry.
I agree. I just thought that they might show the car in a one or two color livery (what are the traditional Serbian racing colors? Heheheh...) with no sponsors, but maybe a big StefanGP on the side pods and "Powererd by Stefan GP" label on the engine cover... with the number 2010 on the sides of the rear wing and on the nose. :D

petar74
17th February 2010, 17:01
If I figure out , traditional colours mentioned are colour of national teams.Wich is red same as on serbian coat of arms and flag.

truefan72
17th February 2010, 17:12
I agree. I just thought that they might show the car in a one or two color livery (what are the traditional Serbian racing colors? Heheheh...) with no sponsors, but maybe a big StefanGP on the side pods and "Powererd by Stefan GP" label on the engine cover... with the number 2010 on the sides of the rear wing and on the nose. :D

and a the words "let me in!"
on the rear wing

lol

N. Jones
17th February 2010, 17:21
Wait, does Stefan GP have an engine deal with anybody??

Alfa Fan
17th February 2010, 17:47
Toyota I'd assume.

Robinho
17th February 2010, 20:47
His activities outside of F1 are not relevant - as a fan I view him as a team manager and one of the best ever because it was under his guidance that Benetton and Renault had the two top drivers in F1 today, that twice won them double world titles.

My question is why the people on this forum, so very pure and holy, choose to judge the people of F1 on apparent negatives? Its like looking at Man as if he has a bad nature and I disagree with that, to say the least.

There are two ways of looking at people and I choose the positive, the one in Flavio's case that actually is relevant to F1 and the one that gave me as a fan a great deal of pleasure.

ok i only choose to look at Flavios life in F1.

he managed MS in a Bennetton team when MS is argued to have cheated by driving into Hill and it is claimed the team ran illegal Traction Control.

later he managed 2 drivers in his Renault team, allowing/ordering one to crash deliberatley to win the race for the other. then hung out to dry and later sacked Piquet.

so, willing to cheat, criminaly negligent, hang on, doesn't his life outsaide F1 also have touches of shady activity? maybe it is all relevant?

DazzlaF1
17th February 2010, 22:05
Toyota I'd assume.

Apparently, they have 50 Toyota engines stockpiled, and with the engine freeze in place, that would be fine for them for (at best) the next 2 seasons.

N. Jones
17th February 2010, 23:52
OK, so they do have something.

Without any practice time for Stefan GP how ready would they be? Just because they have stamped their feet, demanding a place in F1, doesn't mean they will be any more ready then USF1 and Campos.

Alfa Fan
18th February 2010, 00:58
Well they say they've got equipment in Bahrain ready to go already, and they have a 4 day test session booked for next week. Sounds to me like they are ready.

They also seem to have a driver line-up in place, of Ralf Schumacher and Kazuki Nakajima. Whilst unspectacular, its significantly better than anything announced by USF1.

CNR
18th February 2010, 11:42
http://f1.sportskeeda.com/2010/02/18/schumacher-out-chandhok-in/
Schumacher Out … Chandhok In ?

This news also shatters the dreams of the entire Schumacher family who were trying to make a family comeback in Formula 1. Unconfirmed reports suggest that only Michael proved to be the lucky one whereas his wife, kids & housemaid have failed to get a F1 driving seat this year

Bagwan
18th February 2010, 12:13
Check out Autosport .
They have Jacques in the seat if the entry is granted .

Smart move .

Now , Bernie can have 5 WDCs on the grid if he wants .

N. Jones
18th February 2010, 16:43
What exactly does Stefan GP have?

From what I have read they basically bought Toyota's programme, correct? Or do they have their own people with Toyota's car and engine?

bartlock
18th February 2010, 17:31
02/02/2010
StefanGP planing to go to Portimao for first tests

First tests for StefanGP will be in Portugal at Portimao test track, on 25-28 February 2010.

StefanGP first Formula 1 car Stefan S-01 will be presented before tests.

Car: Stefan S-01.

Car is developed by StefanGP and with technical supports from TMG.

Engine: Stefan RG-01.

V8, 2,400 ccm, 18,000 rpm, serviced by TMG.

SGP Team will be testing with two drivers over three days.

Identity of drivers will be announced in due course.

First driver has already two years in F1.

bartlock
18th February 2010, 17:32
Stefan Grand Prix Team advertise following appointments:

We are currently seeking a talented and energetic applicant's to work within our SGP Team for various Formula 1 Team positions.

This will encompass all areas of the Formula 1 team, car, including conceptual design, analysis, development, materials technology and all forms of testing. Some international travel may also be a feature. You should be degree qualified, ideally with experience within a Motorsport environment and experience in Formula 1. Experience in CAE would also be advantageous. A strong personality and desire to win will ensure you fit well within this dynamic Team. Candidates will need to have demonstrated technical competence as well as a collaborative and proactive approach to their work. This role's requires an understanding of race car systems and team operation.

Also, various posts are open in our marketing, hospitality and travel.

Please, note: Some posts will be located in Germany, rest of team will be located in Belgrade, Serbia.

Please apply in writing with current CV, salary expectations and quoting job reference to:

Human Resources, Stefan Grand Prix Team, Milana Rakica 35, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia To apply, send e-mail to: [email:2egwbjz9]hr@stefangp.com[/email:2egwbjz9]

Closing date: 1st March 2010.

Slightly advantage if you are ex Toyota F1!

N. Jones
18th February 2010, 17:35
Who are TMG?

My understanding is they have no drivers signed, correct?

gloomyDAY
18th February 2010, 17:42
Who are TMG?

My understanding is they have no drivers signed, correct?TMG: Toyota Motorsport GmbH (Limited Liability Corporation).

No one has signed on, but maybe we will see Piquet. :D He did manage two years in Formula 1 before getting the boot from the sport.

bartlock
18th February 2010, 17:42
Who are TMG?

My understanding is they have no drivers signed, correct?

TMG = Toyota Motorsport Group

No, still no official news about the drivers. only rumors about Villeneuve, Nakajima and Chandhok

N. Jones
18th February 2010, 17:55
Okay, so, they basically bought the Toyota team, much like Ross Brawn did with Honda?

bartlock
18th February 2010, 18:40
Okay, so, they basically bought the Toyota team, much like Ross Brawn did with Honda?

Yes, they bought what Toyota left behind, i don't know why Campos or USf1 do it first.

VkmSpouge
18th February 2010, 21:01
Yes, they bought what Toyota left behind, i don't know why Campos or USf1 do it first.

I would guess Stefan GP had the money, Campos Meta 1 and USF1 clearly don't.

tf109b
18th February 2010, 22:18
they have kazuki nakajima- he already is confirmed through another site. plus he is japanese like stefanovich said, on top of that he is a toyota backed driver. i say give him some seat time and let him test more often and give him a preferable package he will be decent.

Mia 01
18th February 2010, 22:24
The car, build and developed by Toyota should be one of the best.

JV could be fighting for points.

tf109b
18th February 2010, 22:54
i'm glad someone else agrees with me that the toyota package could be the sleeper this year. with the former mclaren people over there they might have a good shot at developing a good car. lets hope they get testing soon and wind up with a grid spot. Last year bahrain was toyota's best chance at winning, anyone else remember the messed up tire call that cost them the race?

N. Jones
18th February 2010, 23:15
I agree. The Toyota package could fight for points and Stefan GP could surprise if they get in.

DazzlaF1
19th February 2010, 00:08
I would guess Stefan GP had the money, Campos Meta 1 and USF1 clearly don't.

Although in the case of the former, the money trouble could be sorted if Carabante succeeds in buying out Adrian Campos's share.

StefanGP could well end up being a suprise package, only stumbling block is who they would end up hiring.

tf109b
19th February 2010, 01:40
i know kazuki nakajima is one of their drivers. I hope the other one is experienced but still fast enough to score points. I heard they still have toyota employees and are trying to hire ex toyota employees, so i guess they can pick up where they left off! Not a bad idea?

Bagwan
19th February 2010, 12:40

And that not only puts five WDCs on the grid , but five WDCs at the FRONT of the grid .

This , I want to see .

truefan72
19th February 2010, 12:44

agreed. I think toyota invested heavily into the 2010 car and have decided to still be involved with Stefan gP in some collaboration deal

i'm glad someone else agrees with me that the toyota package could be the sleeper this year. with the former mclaren people over there they might have a good shot at developing a good car. lets hope they get testing soon and wind up with a grid spot. Last year bahrain was toyota's best chance at winning, anyone else remember the messed up tire call that cost them the race?

me too. I think if they let them in Stefan gP wuill be a solid team...and alas that's why I see the likes of Ferrari, Mclaren, RBR, Mercedes, and especially Williams trying to block their entry. I hope those teams stay out of the fIA decision and the Jean Todt comes to his senses and gives these guys a confirmed grid spot

I agree. The Toyota package could fight for points and Stefan GP could surprise if they get in.

if they get in, they would instantly be mid to upper class. For sure fighting for points every race.

i know kazuki nakajima is one of their drivers. I hope the other one is experienced but still fast enough to score points. I heard they still have toyota employees and are trying to hire ex toyota employees, so i guess they can pick up where they left off! Not a bad idea?

as reported here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81593
seems clear they are ready to go. That's great news!

truefan72
19th February 2010, 12:46
And that not only puts five WDCs on the grid , but five WDCs at the FRONT of the grid .

This , I want to see .

and imagine if kimi comes back next year and JV, MSC are still there.
(+ a potentially a new WDC) we could see 7 WDC on the grid next year

ah, I digress, that's for next years off season discussions

Dave B
19th February 2010, 12:55
It'll be nice for Nakajima to finally out-perform a team mate! :D

SGWilko
19th February 2010, 12:56

This , I want to see .

Indeed, I hope this does happen. The sport - if it does become more fan friendly - desperately needs characters of the JV ilk.

The fact that, as you adroitly point out, there are 4 (hopefully 5...) WDC in the championship ups its stock no end.

Evokes images of the pit wall pic of Senna (albeit yet to be WDC), Prost, Piquet Snr & Mansell......

Bagwan
19th February 2010, 13:09
It'll be nice for Nakajima to finally out-perform a team mate! :D

You are truly evil , Davey . hee hee .

Admit it , though , that you relish the chance to write about those five .
Adding Jacques to the mix has you salivating , doesn't it ?

Dave B
19th February 2010, 13:22
You are truly evil , Davey . hee hee .

Admit it , though , that you relish the chance to write about those five .
Adding Jacques to the mix has you salivating , doesn't it ?
Honestly, no. He was a breath of fresh air a decade ago but the moment he moved to BAR he seemed to give up, since when he's never done anything to convince me that he deserves a race seat. His stints at Renault and Sauber were little short of embarrassing.

Sure he can be a character, and lord knows the sport needs some of them, but I genuinely cannot see him being competitive or useful.

Bagwan
19th February 2010, 13:46
Honestly, no. He was a breath of fresh air a decade ago but the moment he moved to BAR he seemed to give up, since when he's never done anything to convince me that he deserves a race seat. His stints at Renault and Sauber were little short of embarrassing.

Sure he can be a character, and lord knows the sport needs some of them, but I genuinely cannot see him being competitive or useful.

Well then , big guy , I expect you to be pleasantly surprised .

Get out your thesaurus .

racepode1
19th February 2010, 15:04
Will not be a surprise all now thath is good Car.

maximilian
19th February 2010, 15:19
Honestly I am very excited at the prospect of JV running the Stefan this season... he was always a favorite of mine, and it was great to see him at the opening ceremonies in Vancouver. Whilst I DO worry about what his pace may be like these days, I'd love to see him take another shot at it, especially if the Stefan really could be a sleeper entry this year. Would somebody please give them some tires, and let them start testing?

And LET THEM RACE!!!

rickos
19th February 2010, 15:49
Honestly, no. He was a breath of fresh air.

Eating a straw hat is good for freshening one's breath, I hear.

This is not a done deal yet but close calls make life interesting.

DexDexter
19th February 2010, 16:20
and imagine if kimi comes back next year and JV, MSC are still there.
(+ a potentially a new WDC) we could see 7 WDC on the grid next year

ah, I digress, that's for next years off season discussions

On a lighter note.....I hear Kimi hates waking up early and in rallying the day starts very early. He did quit hockey as a kid cause he didn't want to wake up early to go training :D . So maybe we'll see him back.

tf109b
19th February 2010, 21:06
maybe kimi will come back and join stefan? haha- if only their car is that good. I had hopes of Kimi joining toyota this year, but they dropped out and he did too. I think if he was in their 09 car they would have won a few races. They just needed some A grade drivers, not Trullis and Glocks. Oh well, hopefully Kazuki can get his skills up and take some podiums. I wanna see this triple diffuser thing they are rumoured to have. I read about it on a ferrari board. A former toyota employee turned ferrari employee said that ferrari's current diffuser isn't all it should be, so i would guess the new toyota would have this said diffuser!

foxystoat
19th February 2010, 22:46
I don't think Kazuki is any faster than Glock or Trulli , he scored no points in a reasonable Williams last year that Rosberg scored 34.5 in ! Neither do I think Kimi would have won a race last year in the Toyota, but it's all down to opinions & guessing what may or may not have happened I suppose.

CNR
19th February 2010, 23:50
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=47809
Villeneuve deal 'very near' says Stefan

Stefan GP owner Zoran Stefanovic revealed that his team is edging towards an agreement with 38-year-old Villeneuve which would pair the 1997 title-winner

this is a joke the only time he did any good was the first 2 years at williams
13 years with out a win they would be better off with a young driver
when you look at the points he has got when he went to the next team
f1.com

speeddurango
20th February 2010, 00:33
His comeback after 2004 was terrible, including his NASCAR foray. However, his performance prior to his first retirement was not lackluster considering his car.

VkmSpouge
20th February 2010, 11:33
Well Villeneuve does have plenty of experience and will let Stefan garner even more media attention, however I don't think it will do all that much for Stefan's on track performance.

Sarac330d
22nd February 2010, 00:13
i think all this with Stefan GP is one big manipulation with medias.
In my opinion, if everything is truth regarding Stefan GP, then he should have biggest media attention in Serbia, every day interviews and biggest media attention of all sports, if all this is true than Mr.Stefanovic should be giving everyday interviews for various national tv stations in Serbia, but he didn`t have any, in Serbia nobody talks about Stefan GP.
So i think this is one big and very well served froud. We will wait and see what will happen.

tf109b
22nd February 2010, 01:16
maybe the drivers aren't so great but i think the toyota car could well be up there with the top 4 or 5 teams. Villenuve recons so too in another story

N. Jones
22nd February 2010, 03:55
I don't think Toyota will be top five with Nakajima and Villeneuve. They will be in the points but I don't see top five.

Mia 01
22nd February 2010, 11:47
I don't think Toyota will be top five with Nakajima and Villeneuve. They will be in the points but I don't see top five.

This Toyota could be the new Brawn. We have to see it competing first.

Until then, only opinions

truefan72
22nd February 2010, 16:40
This Toyota could be the new Brawn. We have to see it competing first.

Until then, only opinions

agreed,

at worst it would be running mid pack, at best, it would get a few podiums and perhaps ironically, Toyota's first and all elusive race win :)

Pulidor
22nd February 2010, 18:47
With due respect, what are you guys smoking? :rolleyes:
:D

Robinho
22nd February 2010, 21:01
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=47819

Villeneuve says that he's chatted with Stefanovic a while back, but no deal struck.

they've also pulled their test in Portugal cos they have no tyres (Autosport.com) and i read somewhere (on here?) that they hadn't actually paid for the Toyotas - its all smoke and mirrors with this lot, USF1 and Campos. will someone put some bloody cars on a track and drive them

jonny hurlock
22nd February 2010, 23:56
If they can't get bridgestone tyres, try Michelin instead lol : ) I guess they woundn't be in f1 this year, as for jacques passed it scene 2002 IMO

truefan72
23rd February 2010, 08:43
With due respect, what are you guys smoking? :rolleyes:
:D

lol

the Brawn GP kinda weed.

At first you aren't sure the stuff's any good, cause it seems like the old stuff just repackaged, then you take a few hits and are like damn!

After a while you realize this stuff is unearthly, or maybe it benefited from some illegal advantages, like growing wild in the sequoia mountains, before you know it, folks are calling it the shait.

that's what were smokin' ;)

Mia 01
23rd February 2010, 19:29
That could well be the case but with 'Crazy Jacques' and 'kamikaze Kazuki' as a pairing, I doubt they'll be anywhere near consistent. :)

Ofcourse you got a good point.

But think of it. Just Like Honda last year, Toyota could have spending millions and millions on this car, they did that for sure.

And then, it´s not even competing this year.

It´s a great shame.

At the beginning of the last season they were podium contenders.

This car could be a winning concept!!!

Mia 01
23rd February 2010, 21:59
You could well be right. Both teams invested hundreds of millions over the years, one won a single race and the other didn't. Honda so nearly got it right, however Toyota did not which leaves me a little sceptical as to whether this might be another $300m lemon.

Definately worth a bet though, and it would be a shame for it to go to waste whether its another mid field runner or not.. :)

You got one moore point.

And think of it. Stefan GP probably got the cars for only some few bucks!

Dave B
26th February 2010, 14:56
This might shed some more light on the battle Stefan would face to be ready for Bahrain:

Sources say that one Toyota/Stefan chassis is ready in Cologne, but the second is not yet complete, and a total lack of spares back-up will make the early races difficult, to say the least. Not surprisingly Stefan has not been in a hurry to encourage Toyota to build a lot of spares until the entry is confirmed.

The engine will not be badged as a Toyota, although the company will send a handful of fulltime staff members to races to support it. They are likely to be the only current Toyota employees to travel to the races with Stefan.

Source and full story: http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/26/hurley-and-stefanovich-in-talks-over-us-f1-and-stefan-gp-merger/

Dave B
26th February 2010, 15:05
Another thought: the new teams were told they had to use Cosworth engines as part of the selection process. How would Stefan get away with bowling up with Toyotas?

I'll go on the record and say I don't believe Stefan will be granted an entry this year in their own right. Their only way in would be to buy or merge with an existing team.

truefan72
26th February 2010, 16:12
This might shed some more light on the battle Stefan would face to be ready for Bahrain:

Source and full story: http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/26/hurley-and-stefanovich-in-talks-over-us-f1-and-stefan-gp-merger/

I'm not sure I believe that story.

From all others stories and news out there, it seems Toyota is in fact working with Stefan GP in terms of supplying spare parts, technical assistance etc.

Robinho
26th February 2010, 19:21
Another thought: the new teams were told they had to use Cosworth engines as part of the selection process. How would Stefan get away with bowling up with Toyotas?

I'll go on the record and say I don't believe Stefan will be granted an entry this year in their own right. Their only way in would be to buy or merge with an existing team.

they'd be fine now - Toyota are no longer part of FOTA and Max is no longer around to stick his oar in. but like i mentioned elsewhere there is no way Ferrari will let them anywhere near the grid as long as a certain Mr Coughlan is involved

truefan72
26th February 2010, 19:52
they'd be fine now - Toyota are no longer part of FOTA and Max is no longer around to stick his oar in. but like i mentioned elsewhere there is no way Ferrari will let them anywhere near the grid as long as a certain Mr Coughlan is involved

Ferrari will have no say in this matter and i don't think have brought that issue up anywhere. They know the nature of the situation and if they were so adamant about purging anyone from that situation, would not have signed Alonso to the team or objected to PDLR driving for Sauber since both were central to that case in one form or another ;)

Anyway, that is wholly outside the purview of their say or influence.

christophulus
27th February 2010, 10:06
I think I've found out where Ferrari's PR department used to work: :p

StefanGP would like to inform the public that the containers we sent on the beginning of February arrived in Bahrain. In the corner of the page you will see official check from DHL and the confirmation that freight arrived. During next week we will show our Stefan Formula 1 car to the press as the final evidence that should put us on the grid in Bahrain.

If case we don’t receive the chance to compete in Bahrain, and also when some of the teams fail to show up, somebody should be in a trouble explaining what is happen to all of us.

And dreamers from USA will have to explain their actions, because they are deliberately weakening F1 with dreaming of perfect world and fairytales about success. And success doesn’t come by talking but with hard work and lot of guts.

http://stefangp.com/news008.html

52Paddy
27th February 2010, 14:12
It's been a while since I've seen badly broken written English in F1 press releases. :p :

Robinho
27th February 2010, 14:21
Ferrari will have no say in this matter and i don't think have brought that issue up anywhere. They know the nature of the situation and if they were so adamant about purging anyone from that situation, would not have signed Alonso to the team or objected to PDLR driving for Sauber since both were central to that case in one form or another ;)

Anyway, that is wholly outside the purview of their say or influence.

from what i've read, all existing teams would have to approve an additional entry, so they very much would have the power of Veto over Stefans entry. i'd imagine a few others would think twice about letting them in too - Williams haven't approved anyone doing anything for quite a while

i also fail to see why Stefan think they should be given precedence over the other "failed" potential entrants such as N Technology, Prodrive, Lola etc

This would leave an open 13th entry, but he reminded us that for Stefan GP to get it, all the teams need to agree. I know for a fact, speaking to Ferrari this week, that they will not agree to that, as long as disgraced former McLaren designer Mike Coughlan is working for the team. as posted by James Allen here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/02/max-mosley-lunch-with-a-retired-president/
whilst taking the word of James Allen, the original source being Mad Max may seem a bit mental, i think there is some truth in the statement

RS
28th February 2010, 10:05
i also fail to see why Stefan think they should be given precedence over the other "failed" potential entrants such as N Technology, Prodrive, Lola etc

Because they have a car, drivers and equipment ready to go?

I'm hoping the FIA release a statement tomorrow confirming the cancellation of USF1's entry and let Stefan in.

It would be a double failure on the part of the FIA if they don't.

Dave B
28th February 2010, 10:40

I'm hoping the FIA release a statement tomorrow confirming the cancellation of USF1's entry and let Stefan in.

Stefan need to be given a reality check. They have one car ready, another lacking components, no testing milage (zero, not even a shakedown), no spares for the season, no race team, and dubious finances.

If the FIA let them race in Bahrain it would be a farce.

Robinho
28th February 2010, 13:02

so if i had a football team and nothing to do with it i should be allowed into the Premier league to replace Portsmouth should i? regardless of the actual selection/entry/promotion process?

all Stefan have done is try to bully their way in after they failed in both the entry process and the legal challenge.

any of the other teams could buy the Toyota chassis if given an entry - Stefan have nothing any of the others have. Lola were still working on their own car, probably more advanced than USF1 even.

If Stefan don't get in they'll have nothing, including the car. anyone could buy up a failed teams' car and say they should have an entry.

whilst i don't agree with the initial slecetion of the new teams, i disagree more with the tatics of Stefan and fail to see why they should have precedence over any other potential entrant should a vacancy come up on the grid - "just cos they are there" is not enough

Bagwan
28th February 2010, 13:19
Stefan need to be given a reality check. They have one car ready, another lacking components, no testing milage (zero, not even a shakedown), no spares for the season, no race team, and dubious finances.

What would be the best "reality check" they could have , Dave ?

What if the FIA was to allow them into the first race ?
If they failed to make it , could they not just say "See , we told you our vetting process said they wouldn't ." ?

Buxton seems to be quite against them , saying there are no containers of spares in Bahrain . But , why would they be at the track ? They have no entry yet .
It has been noted that there is only one car ready , but there have been no reports of how far along the second one actually is .
And , if the entry was granted , and Toyota saw any way to save some face , with a toy car doing well , despite them having left officially , do you not think that they might help , given that they are already said to be supplying engine guys for the team ?

As to "dubious finances" , don't you think Toyota might have done some background checking , to find out who would be running the outfit ?

I think we'll find that there are more than a few issues that will be solved for StefanGP when they get the entry .

One last thing , Dave .
There has been one guy who has been holding off signing on to this project , who now is having a seat fitting .
One might be lead to believe that he has been lead to believe that there will likely be a car to put it in .
Now , how would they make him believe this , I wonder .

Could it be that they showed him a car that's almost ready ?

Dave B
28th February 2010, 13:54
So many questions! Let's take them one at a time:

What would be the best "reality check" they could have , Dave ?
Remind them that they've already failed the selection process once, and unsuccessfully appealed.

What if the FIA was to allow them into the first race ?
Best case scenario: they'd show up with one working car with zero testing; and either a driver who never once out-qualified his team mate at Williams in two years, or one who limped out of F1 with his tail between his legs after an embarrassing stint at Renault and a mediocre one at Sauber. I'd be surprised if they made the start of the race, let alone the finish.

If they failed to make it , could they not just say "See , we told you our vetting process said they wouldn't ." ?
Because that would be massively unfair on the other teams who also failed the same process.

Buxton seems to be quite against them , saying there are no containers of spares in Bahrain . But , why would they be at the track ? They have no entry yet .
Well there are indications (the shipping note from DHL) that they have one container. But who knows what's in it? And as Adam Cooper points out, the first four races are flyaways - they've no equipment in Australia when there's a race just two weeks later, and no visible means of getting it there.

It has been noted that there is only one car ready , but there have been no reports of how far along the second one actually is .
And , if the entry was granted , and Toyota saw any way to save some face , with a toy car doing well , despite them having left officially , do you not think that they might help , given that they are already said to be supplying engine guys for the team ?

Toyota can't just press a magic button marked "finish building another car", even if Stefan suddenly get some sponsorship and therefore some actual money (as opposed to mythical stuff with unicorns on the back of the notes).

As to "dubious finances" , don't you think Toyota might have done some background checking , to find out who would be running the outfit ?
All Toyota sold was the rights to the 2010 design and whatever had already been manufactured. So long as the applicant could afford them, it wasn't really Toyota's problem what happenned afterwards.

One last thing , Dave .
There has been one guy who has been holding off signing on to this project , who now is having a seat fitting .
One might be lead to believe that he has been lead to believe that there will likely be a car to put it in .
Now , how would they make him believe this , I wonder .

Could it be that they showed him a car that's almost ready ?
Could it be that he's been gagging for a way back into F1 for a few years and would clutch at pretty much any straw? None of the established teams wanted him, none of the thus-far successful new entrants gave him any consideration, and not even USF1 had him seriously in the frame.

I'd imagine he's been fed a load of BS that his name will attract investment and that somewhere down the line he might receive a pay cheque, but it's too little too late.

Seriously now. In two weeks' time the first race will have finished. Two weeks. Any who isn't currently out in Spain testing, who tells you they'll be racing in Bahrain, is a fantasist.

RS
28th February 2010, 13:58

Campos also have not tested and are using a customer car but they will be in Bahrain.

Besides, Stefan wanted to test last week but weren't allowed the tyres to do so.

I just thing it would be a great shame to not see a full grid this year after so many teams applied for that slot. The American team and the FIA have done F1 fans a great disservice unfortunately :(

I would equally (or perahps more) love to see Lola or Prodrive on the grid, but at this late stage Stefan are probably the only ones who might stand a chance to get things together for Bahrain. They have a car which should be ahead of the other new ones, 2 drivers with F1 experience and their equipment is already in Bahrain (alledgedly)

DazzlaF1
28th February 2010, 16:32
Campos also have not tested and are using a customer car but they will be in Bahrain.

Besides, Stefan wanted to test last week but weren't allowed the tyres to do so.

I just thing it would be a great shame to not see a full grid this year after so many teams applied for that slot. The American team and the FIA have done F1 fans a great disservice unfortunately :(

I would equally (or perahps more) love to see Lola or Prodrive on the grid, but at this late stage Stefan are probably the only ones who might stand a chance to get things together for Bahrain. They have a car which should be ahead of the other new ones, 2 drivers with F1 experience and their equipment is already in Bahrain (alledgedly)

Would it be wise to go into the season with just 24 cars and re-open the bidding process for the 13th team?

Then again Bernie wants StefanGP there and we know what he's like when it comes to trying to change his opinion.

Bagwan
28th February 2010, 18:06
So many questions! Let's take them one at a time:

Remind them that they've already failed the selection process once, and unsuccessfully appealed.

Best case scenario: they'd show up with one working car with zero testing; and either a driver who never once out-qualified his team mate at Williams in two years, or one who limped out of F1 with his tail between his legs after an embarrassing stint at Renault and a mediocre one at Sauber. I'd be surprised if they made the start of the race, let alone the finish.

Because that would be massively unfair on the other teams who also failed the same process.

Well there are indications (the shipping note from DHL) that they have one container. But who knows what's in it? And as Adam Cooper points out, the first four races are flyaways - they've no equipment in Australia when there's a race just two weeks later, and no visible means of getting it there.

Toyota can't just press a magic button marked "finish building another car", even if Stefan suddenly get some sponsorship and therefore some actual money (as opposed to mythical stuff with unicorns on the back of the notes).

All Toyota sold was the rights to the 2010 design and whatever had already been manufactured. So long as the applicant could afford them, it wasn't really Toyota's problem what happenned afterwards.

Could it be that he's been gagging for a way back into F1 for a few years and would clutch at pretty much any straw? None of the established teams wanted him, none of the thus-far successful new entrants gave him any consideration, and not even USF1 had him seriously in the frame.

I'd imagine he's been fed a load of BS that his name will attract investment and that somewhere down the line he might receive a pay cheque, but it's too little too late.

Seriously now. In two weeks' time the first race will have finished. Two weeks. Any who isn't currently out in Spain testing, who tells you they'll be racing in Bahrain, is a fantasist.

OK , so they failed the selection process , which was the process that lead to teams that can't make the grid , despite having the requisite Cosworth engine .
And "massively unfair" was the process itself .
Give Prodrive and anyone else the same chance to get the spot , by producing a car on the grid if you want .
They can't , and won't , because Stefan was the only one to decide to fight the battle , both in court , and in the public forum , buying the Toyota package .

Now , buying that package seems to show that there is indeed money , doesn't it ?
If it was cheap , it's seems someone who might not have been quite so far along with the chassis design and build , who already had an entry might have bought it .
So , perhaps it wasn't so cheap .

What I suspect here , Dave , is that some of the talk about Stefanovic not having the cake to make this roll , is coming from the possibility that the contracts that StefanGP are signing are contingent , to some degree , upon getting the entry .

I don't think Jacques has signed , but will if the entry is granted .

It will be fun to imagine the sour look on your face if he returns to the grid .
Sorry for that , Dave , but it's true .
And , I can't imagine the look at all if the car was fast out of the box .

truefan72
28th February 2010, 18:53
OK , so they failed the selection process , which was the process that lead to teams that can't make the grid , despite having the requisite Cosworth engine .
And "massively unfair" was the process itself .
Give Prodrive and anyone else the same chance to get the spot , by producing a car on the grid if you want .
They can't , and won't , because Stefan was the only one to decide to fight the battle , both in court , and in the public forum , buying the Toyota package .

Now , buying that package seems to show that there is indeed money , doesn't it ?
If it was cheap , it's seems someone who might not have been quite so far along with the chassis design and build , who already had an entry might have bought it .
So , perhaps it wasn't so cheap .

What I suspect here , Dave , is that some of the talk about Stefanovic not having the cake to make this roll , is coming from the possibility that the contracts that StefanGP are signing are contingent , to some degree , upon getting the entry .

I don't think Jacques has signed , but will if the entry is granted .

It will be fun to imagine the sour look on your face if he returns to the grid .
Sorry for that , Dave , but it's true .
And , I can't imagine the look at all if the car was fast out of the box .

:up:

here here!

maximilian
28th February 2010, 22:28
Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere already, but if I am not mistaken and StefanGP GETS the final entry spot, Jacques Villeneuve will be racing with the number 27, no? :s mokin:

Dave B
1st March 2010, 09:44
Stefan won't get the final slot. They failed the vetting procedure. They failed in their appeal. They failed to get the FIA on side. They failed to perform a shakedown or any testing. They failed to secure components for any more than one race. They failed to demonstrate financial security. They will fail to get the consent of all the other teams on the grid.

It's time to stop this fantasy. When USF1 fail to turn up in Bahrain then their slot should be forfeit and the application process reopened for 2011.

If Stefan re-apply and are the best applicant then and only then should they be granted a slot. For 2011. Not Bahrain 2010. Not Australia 2010. Not for any race this year.

Their only slim chance is to buy USF1's assets, the most valuable of which is their grid slot. But Stefan's lack of actual real money (remember folks: magic money with unicorns on the back of the bills isn't valid outside of Narnia), combined with Windsor's stubborn refusal to back down will scupper that.

jens
1st March 2010, 11:00
It looks like the only way, how Stefan could make it onto the grid, is that if they bought USF1 and their F1 licence. A merger would be actually a sensible outcome to all parties, shame it's been made so difficult to happen.

steveaki13
1st March 2010, 18:19
On the BBC website Eddie Jordan claims that he thinks Stefan will be on the grid 2010.

I know its only his opinion, but I seem to remember EJ being on the money with Schumacher - Mercedes and a few other close calls.

See what you think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8544246.stm

christophulus
1st March 2010, 18:27
On the BBC website Eddie Jordan claims that he thinks Stefan will be on the grid 2010.

I know its only his opinion, but I seem to remember EJ being on the money with Schumacher - Mercedes and a few other close calls.

Just like he was on the money with Massa's "minor bump on the head"?

There seems to be too much evidence suggesting Stefan won't be on the grid, mainly that their crates haven't turned up in Bahrain yet. And they haven't even launched a car, or signed a tyre deal. I think EJ's called this wrong.

truefan72
1st March 2010, 18:48

There seems to be too much evidence suggesting Stefan won't be on the grid, mainly that their crates haven't turned up in Bahrain yet. And they haven't even launched a car, or signed a tyre deal. I think EJ's called this wrong.

Can't sign a tyre deal without being given a grid spot right?

Can't launch a car without tyres right?

Can't launch a car with sponsors unwilling to be displayed without looking like fools in sponsoring a car that will not be on the grid.

And all stories do indicate that they have shipped stuff to Bahrain.

I am fairly confident when the FIA announce their entry this week, all the dominos will fall into place very quickly.

It will just be a shame that it did not happen sooner allowing them to participate in testing etc. Instead they were held up by 2 teams nowhere near as ready as they are and in one case don't even have anything beyond conceptual drawings and a half built chassis

steveaki13
1st March 2010, 20:10
[quote="christophulus"]

Fair point.

steveaki13
1st March 2010, 20:16
[quote="christophulus"]Just like he was on the money with Massa's "minor bump on the head"?

quote]

Fair Point

Sarac330d
8th March 2010, 12:13
Here is web address were you can see financial report of company AMCO. Owner of this company is Zoran Stefanovic,
man who stated that he bought Ex-Toyota F1 team. This man don`t have money to buy 1 tire for F1 car. I am from Serbia and nobody here didn`t take this man serious becouse we in Serbia know that this man is bluffer.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpretraga.apr.gov.rs%2FRepsisPublicS ite%2FPublic%2FEnterprise%2FAnnualFinancialReport. aspx%3FBusinessEntityId%3D2023511%26RegistryCode%3 D20395346%26rnd%3D2046741521&sl=sr&tl=en

This is web address of official government Business Registers Agency. All ammount that are in report are in Dinars. 1 EUR is 100 Dinars. So his company(AMCO) which bought Toyota F1 team has total asset in 2008: 310.000 dinars - that is arround 3.100 EUR
And this company had profit of 4.000 dinars in 2008(arround 50 eur).

All of you can see his financial report so you can stop talking of entering this team in F1, beocuse this man is big bluffer.

turismo6
8th March 2010, 13:06
Did he buy the chassis and engines? or the whole team?

patnicholls
8th March 2010, 13:12
Here is web address were you can see financial report of company AMCO. Owner of this company is Zoran Stefanovic,
man who stated that he bought Ex-Toyota F1 team. This man don`t have money to buy 1 tire for F1 car. I am from Serbia and nobody here didn`t take this man serious becouse we in Serbia know that this man is bluffer.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpretraga.apr.gov.rs%2FRepsisPublicS ite%2FPublic%2FEnterprise%2FAnnualFinancialReport. aspx%3FBusinessEntityId%3D2023511%26RegistryCode%3 D20395346%26rnd%3D2046741521&sl=sr&tl=en

This is web address of official government Business Registers Agency. All ammount that are in report are in Dinars. 1 EUR is 100 Dinars. So his company(AMCO) which bought Toyota F1 team has total asset in 2008: 310.000 dinars - that is arround 3.100 EUR
And this company had profit of 4.000 dinars in 2008(arround 50 eur).

All of you can see his financial report so you can stop talking of entering this team in F1, beocuse this man is big bluffer.

:up:

I think you're spot on with that. The AMCO website is also extremely amusing (and also written entirely in English), particularly reading it as an engineer myself!

This is nearly as funny as that Brook Johnston thing last year (driver who doesn't exist but had many internet pages create with phoney information about his 'career', and 'rumoured' to have been replacing Buemi at one point).

Pitpass is also carrying this (but with the figures a couple of orders of magnitude out): http://bit.ly/bPJdd9 - British readers of that article will be suprised to see that Mr Stefanovich appears to be excellent comedian Dara O Briain wearing 'old-man' makeup...

52Paddy
8th March 2010, 14:22
Not surprised :rolleyes: I had a bad feeling about this from the start.

Thanks for the link.

Robinho
8th March 2010, 18:33
i'm glad my BS detector still seems to be working, never had a good feeling about Stefan GP

Dave B
9th March 2010, 09:42
Did he buy the chassis and engines? or the whole team?
He didn't "buy" anything, by all accounts. It seems he had a lease on the cars and some equipment, as well as a small working space within the factory. Nothing else.

Mr Stefanovic has munipulated Toyota, pulled the wool over the eyes of drivers who should have known better, and given false hope to fans. Even now there are calls for Stefan to be allowed in, and fans criticising the big bad FIA for snuffing out the dreams of a new team.

This farce should never have been allowed to develop as far as it did.

ArrowsFA1
9th March 2010, 12:36
Mr Stefanovic has munipulated Toyota, pulled the wool over the eyes of drivers who should have known better, and given false hope to fans...
Well...he did get to have his photo taken with an F1 car :p

Azumanga Davo
9th March 2010, 16:37
Kind of ironic really, as we already knew Zoran was an evil tugboat...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/tugs/images/thumb/4/43/Tugszorran.jpg/250px-Tugszorran.jpg

Would you trust him to run a business? I certainly wouldn't... ;)

christophulus
19th March 2010, 16:28
The guy just doesn't give up!

Stefanovich is still pressing on with his F1 ambitions - and AUTOSPORT understands that he has agreed a deal to purchase US F1 so it can take over its entry. Team owner Zoran Stefanovic hopes that once his AMCO company has completed its takeover, it will be granted US F1's entry for 2010 and then can begin racingOK. However:

Although Stefanovic believes that in purchasing the US F1 assets he should get the team's original entry, it is understood that the FIA has written to the team to explain that the American team forfeited the entry when it failed to start the season.

Furthermore, the FIA is poised to begin disciplinary action against US F1 for its failure to make the grid - which could theoretically result in Stefanovic's company getting dragged into any penalties that are eventually handed down if he owns the American team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82250

I know he's keen to get into F1, but buying into a team that the FIA are lining up to sue for failing to start the season is just reckless.

steveaki13
19th March 2010, 22:22
Can't see the FIA giving any way in to Stefan GP.

He should just wait and apply for 2011 by proper means.

Robinho
19th March 2010, 22:27
it was clearly a last ditch attempt to circumnavigate the proper entry procedure, safe in the knowlegde that hey have precisely F all chance of getting a place in the grid in a competitive situation against the other likely potential entrants.

Epic fail - the FIA have reopened the entry process for the vacant slot for 2011. entries to be in by the end of April, and a clear selection criteria set out in advance
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82252