PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Ferrari launch 2010 F10 - first images

Giuseppe F1
28th January 2010, 10:01
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81089

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1264671449.jpg

Giuseppe F1
28th January 2010, 10:04
Looks quite conservative and not too radical from 2009 car but am sure come Bahrain it will have new front and rear wings etc etc.

Looks v.pretty and sleek IMO -

harvick#1
28th January 2010, 10:07
other than making the bumps near the front suspension (RBR). there is very little difference it looks like from the F60 which was a dog, but I'm sure they have the DDD figured out.

Giuseppe F1
28th January 2010, 10:20
Im looking for bigger pics - you can tell from the shell logo on the sidepos which has much more space around it than on the F60 that the sidepods are a bit more bulbous to accomodate the bigger tank it seems

Koppomsbo
28th January 2010, 10:20
http://formula1.ferrari.com/

http://nfw-http.weebo.it/f1-2010/index_eng.html

There should be a LIVE broadcast from theri relase but it doesnt work for me :(

Giuseppe F1
28th January 2010, 10:27
http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1264673228.jpg

Powered by Cosworth
28th January 2010, 10:49
Christ that looks good.

Saint Devote
28th January 2010, 10:49
Looks neat with a definite Red Bull influence - cant imagine that Ferrari will get it wrong two seasons in a row.

After all they have had a whole season to spy on the Red Bull RB05!

28th January 2010, 10:55
Looks like a slow old dog to me.. :p

Better not photocopy those designs this year, then.

turismo6
28th January 2010, 10:56
Red Bull influence, yet no pull rod rear suspension.

How much narrower are the front wheels for 2010, they don't look much different.

I am evil Homer
28th January 2010, 11:21
Still hate those wing mirror/aero device parts!

Giuseppe F1
28th January 2010, 11:23
http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/1200/1230.jpg

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/1200/1231.jpg

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/1200/1232.jpg

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/1200/1229.jpg

Big Ben
28th January 2010, 11:25
I like... very sexy car... and the livery looks great even though that wasn't my first impression. I hope it will be fast.

Giuseppe F1
28th January 2010, 11:25
Its kinda got a mini-shark fin too I can see -wish the struts linking the front wing to the nose were painted red and not white - Looks a bit like a bolt on otherwise

Mia 01
28th January 2010, 12:11
Apart from a little bit smaller sidepods (no KERS) and a bigger fueltank, nothing has changed.

The rumour is that it, just like last year, is a dog.

Sonic
28th January 2010, 12:37
[RIGHT][quote="Mia 01"]Apart from a little bit smaller sidepods (no KERS) and a bigger fueltank, nothing has changed.

The rumour is that it, just like last year, is a dog.[/QWhere'd you get your UOTE]

Where'd you get your engineering degree? :D

Its clearly an evolution of the F60 but the detail work on it is quite magnificent in some areas. Nose, sidepods and coke bottle rear all seem much neater.

philipbain
28th January 2010, 13:11
The front end is VERY 2009 Red Bull, the side pods still have that ugly little ledge thing above the air intake and the fuel tank region is very long, you will probably notice that many of the other cars won't appear to be so stretched at the back, its well known that fuel consumption isnt the strongest triat of the Ferrari engine, the fuel tank is reportedly 240 litres, the Red Bull with it's more frugal Renault engine is likely to need a smaller tank for example. otherwise the car looks quite neat, the back end looks tidy if not exactly pinched. What Ferrari need this year is a car that is less complicated than the F60, this car should be that with it being devoid of KERS and with more stright forward aero as a result.

Big Ben
28th January 2010, 13:19
The picture I posted in post #8 suggests the side pods are bigger on this years car. The nose is also higher and wider with the added extra of having grooved profiles running the length of the front. The car has many changes, and its obvious from the pictures.

Where did you hear this rumour? The shakedown was cancelled and the car has had absolutely no track time yet. Is this another unsubstantiated post?

didn't you read it. It's a rumour. She has just started it. :laugh:

SGWilko
28th January 2010, 13:55
Better not photocopy those designs this year, then.

Scanned them instead, thanks for the tip, I'd never of thunk that up all by myself.......

maximilian
28th January 2010, 14:29
Can somebody please explain to me what Marlboro is getting out of sponsoring Ferrari when there's nothing but little bars on the car? (I know it's been like that for a while, and I always meant to ask that question)

christophulus
28th January 2010, 14:56
That is a very nice looking car.. better than last year in my opinion. It's very tidy too, although no doubt they'll add some wings and flaps before the first race.

And the livery's not too bad either!

555-04Q2
28th January 2010, 14:59
Looks like a cheap knock off of the old Toyota. I dont like it :(

K-Pu
28th January 2010, 15:27
Last yearŽs car looked better, but performance... WeŽll see.

Bagwan
28th January 2010, 15:35
Can somebody please explain to me what Marlboro is getting out of sponsoring Ferrari when there's nothing but little bars on the car? (I know it's been like that for a while, and I always meant to ask that question)

I've always wondered if you would get the name Marlboro coming up on the till if you scanned the bar code on the Ferrari .

Maybe it's a subliminal message they are planting in our heads at each race .

Maybe the rumour that some drivers insist on a tin foil layer in the construction of thier helmets is true after all .

52Paddy
28th January 2010, 16:01
Nice car. I really like it, design-wise and the livery. I hope they are back on form with the performance end of things too, and I expect them to be.

Powered by Cosworth
28th January 2010, 16:05

I look at the barcode, I think Marlboro. It doesn't have to say it, but I still think it. It works. Plus being a title sponsor, the team still gets officially called Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro.

28th January 2010, 17:14
Apart from a little bit smaller sidepods (no KERS) and a bigger fueltank, nothing has changed.

The rumour is that it, just like last year, is a dog.

You know, if you were hard of hearing too you'd have the full Helen Keller.

SGWilko
28th January 2010, 17:16
You know, if you were hard of hearing too you'd have the full Helen Keller.

Speak up Sonny, you're mumbling..... ;)

SGWilko
28th January 2010, 17:17
I look at the barcode, I think Marlboro. It doesn't have to say it, but I still think it. It works. Plus being a title sponsor, the team still gets officially called Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro.

See, when I look at the barcode, I think of cancer, slow and painful death etc.....

I think Philip Morris care not if n e one recognises or makes the association, they pay the Scuderia a set fee, then take all the money from the sponsors on the car.

28th January 2010, 17:22
See, when I look at the barcode, I think of cancer, slow and painful death etc.....

I bet you're fun at a dinner party.

UltimateDanGTR
28th January 2010, 17:25
looks conservative, a bit red bull ish at the front, just prettier.

SGWilko
28th January 2010, 18:00
I bet you're fun at a dinner party.

Life and soul me, or at least I used to be, but since 'the incident' the restraining order cites dinner parties, omongst other things, as activies where I am not allowed to be within 200 yards......

Robinho
28th January 2010, 19:07
Life and soul me, or at least I used to be, but since 'the incident' the restraining order cites dinner parties, omongst other things, as activies where I am not allowed to be within 200 yards......

that must limit your walking down the street in the evening then

maximilian
28th January 2010, 19:26
Looks pretty sexy. Somehow the livery looks better on this car than the previous Santander livery peek.

Dzeidzei
28th January 2010, 19:39
Looks pretty sexy. Somehow the livery looks better on this car than the previous Santander livery peek.

Unlike there, nothing stiffens here. Just dont like the livery. Too much white on the new Santander.

AJP
28th January 2010, 23:21
Here's a comparison with last years car looking from the front.
http://i48.tinypic.com/20kq2qt.jpg

Some of the side shots show the visiably larger fuel tank section, and doesn't look quite as wide as I was expecting.. :)

Sweet comparison henners....thank you

Vastly different designs....

anthonyvop
29th January 2010, 00:05
Here's a comparison with last years car looking from the front.
http://i48.tinypic.com/20kq2qt.jpg

Some of the side shots show the visiably larger fuel tank section, and doesn't look quite as wide as I was expecting.. :)

Proportions don't look right or did I miss the new rules mandating much lower rear wing and smaller air intake?

71minus2
29th January 2010, 00:19
i like the look of the new car. no horrible bin lids, no mid chassis wings, a PROPER f1 car. The overhead shot shows the difference between 2009 front and 2010 front tyres. Quite a difference.

jonny hurlock
29th January 2010, 00:31
I like the livery, minus the white in the front wing, and the santander stickers near the tub (too many imo) every think ok, btw why have they called it f10 I don't know why they call it in 06 the 248(2.4l litre v8) f60 last year (60th year in f1) any guesses?

BMW_F1
29th January 2010, 00:38
The Santander logos on the mirrors got to go..

Saint Devote
29th January 2010, 00:59
Ferrari maybe using a triple deck diffuser, like Toyota introduced at the end of last year according to the Italian press, so pinch of salt needed.

Triple? To quote Flavio's greats sense of humour: What do you mean triple? Quadruple! CONDIMINIUM!!!! No excuse!!!! :D

harvick#1
29th January 2010, 01:50
I like the livery, minus the white in the front wing, and the santander stickers near the tub (too many imo) every think ok, btw why have they called it f10 I don't know why they call it in 06 the 248(2.4l litre v8) f60 last year (60th year in f1) any guesses?

F1, 2010

;)

Saint Devote
29th January 2010, 04:04
The F10 is not pretty - functional, probably - but then Ferrari have been successful before with rather ugly cars. I think the ugliest part which sets it off for me is the whole nose. It looks like an usure version of the RB05.

Tomorrow is Mclaren's turn......

But then excepts for Red Bull and Mclaren, none of the 2009 cars were asthetically pleasing. Surely the Renault and Toyotas have to have been amonsg the most hideous racing cars ever in f1.

Sadly, we are in a very ugly car era.

F1boat
29th January 2010, 06:45
The Renault was really ugly, but the Brawn GP IMO was very pretty as well as the Macca. I didn't like the Bull, but I am biased.

pino
29th January 2010, 07:35
I don't like the livery at all (too much white) but that's not important. What's important is that the car is fast and reliable, and that Alonso and Massa are working together for the same target: to bring Ferrari to the top again.

jens
29th January 2010, 12:51
Last year I was wondering, how can a nose section be as long as it was with F60, but it looks like they have extended it further with F10. :p :

Mia 01
29th January 2010, 16:35
The picture I posted in post #8 suggests the side pods are bigger on this years car. The nose is also higher and wider with the added extra of having grooved profiles running the length of the front. The car has many changes, and its obvious from the pictures.

Where did you hear this rumour? The shakedown was cancelled and the car has had absolutely no track time yet. Is this another unsubstantiated post?

http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/7644.html

I mentioned this a week a go.

My conclusions comes from what I read on a big number of sites.

It dosenŽt look good.

Mia 01
29th January 2010, 16:52
Indeed.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81128

They accuse Mac.

And they know.

Mia 01
31st January 2010, 15:08
http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/01/31/ferrari-express-doubts-with-f10-setup-and-tyres/

Setup concerns.

Saint Devote
31st January 2010, 15:52
Domenicali said that they are confident they will beat Schumacher in the Mercedes - because they have Alonso who TWICE beat Schumacher for the championship and he was driving a FERRARI -

Schumacher's "defection" IS rankling.

And I still think that Shumi's sees this as a way to right 2005 and 6 as well as a the way to prove di Montezemolo wrong.

Saint Devote
31st January 2010, 15:58
http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/01/31/ferrari-express-doubts-with-f10-setup-and-tyres/

Setup concerns.

I'd say its a general concern he was voicing - that is common amongst all the teams. Not a specific F10 problem.

Malbec
31st January 2010, 16:13
And I still think that Shumi's sees this ..... as a the way to prove di Montezemolo wrong.

The irony of course is that di Montezemolo wanted an all-Italian team at Ferrari and ratcheted up the pressure on Todt, Brawn and Schumi to up-sticks and leave, replacing them with as many Italians as possible even if they were descendants of Italian emigres like Felipe Massa.

So LdM gets his all-Italian superteam just at the same time as Merc gets its all-German superteam together. I wonder when that last happened and who came off worst?

I think Schumi's 'defection' hurts LdM on more levels than one particularly given his nationalistic instincts.

Robinho
31st January 2010, 18:28
i see alonso is getting his excuses in early - no way of telling anyting from testing cos of the wide range of fuel weights and it doesn't matter if they aren't too quick in Bahrain as they've got all year to get to the front - fills you with confidence doesn't he?

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=47697

jens
31st January 2010, 19:01
Let's have a bit of patience now. Only one day left before finding out the real story. :)

SGWilko
31st January 2010, 19:11
There is no way the Ferrari is going to be a dog, they gave up developing the '09 car to work on this one. It'll probably blow the field away.

jens
31st January 2010, 19:32
There is no way the Ferrari is going to be a dog, they gave up developing the '09 car to work on this one. It'll probably blow the field away.

"Time" itself isn't really that strong of an argument. What matters more, is how well can the team manage the "time". Honda/Brawn managed to use their time advantage perfectly, but BMW-Sauber pre-2009, McLaren pre-2004, etc, didn't manage to create much useful during their long preparation period.

I must admit that I am sceptical about Ferrari, but not that much due to those recent "whispers" (although they may contribute), but that I generally haven't had much faith in that post-Team Schumacher era squad. Yes, they were fighting for titles in 07-08, but signs of decline were visible already then and the process has consistently deepened. I haven't seen any visible signs to indicate that this decline has been turned around, hence the currently speculated struggles wouldn't surprise me even one tad bit.

52Paddy
31st January 2010, 19:42
I think, with Schumacher gone, the team need a strong lead driver. Raikkonen was too complacent and unprofessional to do that. Massa seems to timid. If Alonso settles in well at the team (especially if it's to the extent that he did at Renault), then I believe Ferrari will perform well. Otherwise, I'm not so confident that they'll run away with it this year, or even be in a position to challenge for the titles.

Though, on paper, the pedigree does look impressive and I hope they have a successful test.

F1boat
31st January 2010, 19:47
Now I heard that a McLaren AND the Ferrari are dogs again. If true, wow.

jens
31st January 2010, 19:56
I think, with Schumacher gone, the team need a strong lead driver. Raikkonen was too complacent and unprofessional to do that. Massa seems to timid. If Alonso settles in well at the team (especially if it's to the extent that he did at Renault), then I believe Ferrari will perform well. Otherwise, I'm not so confident that they'll run away with it this year, or even be in a position to challenge for the titles.

Though, on paper, the pedigree does look impressive and I hope they have a successful test.

I don't think Alonso can single-handedly change that much. I think more important persons, who Ferrari is missing, are Brawn, Todt and Byrne rather than Schumacher (without devaluing his achievements). Brawn is now steering a reigning World Champion team (he didn't need superstar drivers to win the titles) and Todt has gone even one higher - president of the FIA. Back in the Ferrari days it may not have seemed so clear, but I think considering, where have those men gone on to by now after the Ferrari-stint, it only shows, how special that Dream Team really was.

31st January 2010, 20:07
The disappointing thing isn't the rumoured performance, as at this moment it is just rumours in the Italian press, hardly a reliable source of info.

No, the disappointing thing is that members of Ferrari are talking to the press and feeding speculation.

Under Todt, that never happened.

F1boat
31st January 2010, 20:38
I don't think Alonso can single-handedly change that much. I think more important persons, who Ferrari is missing, are Brawn, Todt and Byrne rather than Schumacher (without devaluing his achievements). Brawn is now steering a reigning World Champion team (he didn't need superstar drivers to win the titles) and Todt has gone even one higher - president of the FIA. Back in the Ferrari days it may not have seemed so clear, but I think considering, where have those men gone on to by now after the Ferrari-stint, it only shows, how special that Dream Team really was.

Yeah. They were very special. At times I hated them, but now I realize how great they were and I miss him. I'd love if Ross and Michael replicate this greatness, but I doubt it...

Saint Devote
31st January 2010, 21:46
The irony of course is that di Montezemolo wanted an all-Italian team at Ferrari and ratcheted up the pressure on Todt, Brawn and Schumi to up-sticks and leave, replacing them with as many Italians as possible even if they were descendants of Italian emigres like Felipe Massa.

So LdM gets his all-Italian superteam just at the same time as Merc gets its all-German superteam together. I wonder when that last happened and who came off worst?

I think Schumi's 'defection' hurts LdM on more levels than one particularly given his nationalistic instincts.

Neither team can be called any sort of "national super team" and I do not agree that di Montezemolo seeks that - he has been in racing too long for that nonsense and in my view is also too cultured and sophisticated to hold such neanderthal ideas.

Luca replaced Schumi against the wishes of Todt because of the 2005/6 seasons where Alonso won the title.

Ferrari are many things, but they are not nationalistic - something instilled in them by their Founder - he went for the best drivers not the best Italian drivers.

They are FERRARI - Italy attached themselves to the team, not the other way around.

As Jody Scheckter says - when you race for Ferrari you are not racing for a team only any longer, but for a country as well.

One change is that Alonso speaks fluent Italian - so unlike the Schumi days, communications are likely to be in Italian with their lead driver.

Schumacher's Italian was always very basic.

F1boat
31st January 2010, 21:58
To take Michael out for two seasons after all he has done to Ferrari is treachery. And the replacement was not as good. If your interpretation is correct, I'd like to see Michael kicking some red butt.
But I do believe that it was a power struggle between Luca and Piero and Jean.

Malbec
31st January 2010, 22:22
Neither team can be called any sort of "national super team" and I do not agree that di Montezemolo seeks that - he has been in racing too long for that nonsense and in my view is also too cultured and sophisticated to hold such neanderthal ideas.

Luca replaced Schumi against the wishes of Todt because of the 2005/6 seasons where Alonso won the title.

Ferrari are many things, but they are not nationalistic - something instilled in them by their Founder - he went for the best drivers not the best Italian drivers.

They are FERRARI - Italy attached themselves to the team, not the other way around.

Nonsense dear boy. The patriotism is getting rather overt. Ferraris for the past few seasons have started to sport the tricolore prominently, something they never did before in recent history. Nowadays its even on the team overalls. LdM not patriotic? Pull the other one. Surely you know him better than that right? You haven't heard his comments about enjoying Ferrari's success but wishing it was a little more Italian?

LdM was rather handicapped in the hunt for an Italian driver by the fact that there are no top Italian drivers. That apart its quite obvious that the team now is far more Italian than it was under Todt/Brawn/Byrne/Stepney/Schumi.

leopard
1st February 2010, 04:54
agree, this one is color scheme involving white more than usual in the last seasons after the vodavone Ferrari. perhaps why do they paint F10 white on place with text and image of santander because santander color is also red, only to make them more visible :D

actually they can write the text white on their main color red, perhaps on the Toyota leave, to put more white on the car would be a good breakthrough.