PDA

View Full Version : Corona Rally Mexico 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

bluuford
27th January 2010, 11:02
Well, i just noticed that we dont have a thread for this rally. Entries will close in 2nd of February already.

Official site: http://www.rallymexico.com/

Entries confirmed so far:
WRC:

1. Loeb Citroen
2. Sordo Citroen
3. Hirvonen Ford
4. Latvala Ford
5. Wilson Ford
6. Räikkönen Citroen
7. Ogier Citroen
8. Villagra Ford
9. Block Ford

SWRC:

1. Pons Ford
2. Prokop Ford
3. Al Attyah Ford
4. Brynildsen Skoda
5. Kocziusko Ford

PWRC:

1. Araujo Mitsu
2. Arai Subaru
3. Baldoni Mitsu
4. Mayer, G.
5. Linari, G. Subaru
6. Frisiero, F. Mitsu

Very likely will be there, but not confirmed yet:

1. Henning Solberg WRC
2. Petter Solberg WRC

Dont know:

1. Rossi (Ford, confirmed once, and then..)
2. Trivino (Always present)
3. A lot of Peugeot drivers as always:-)

Wim_Impreza
27th January 2010, 11:22
Rossi will not be there. He was never confirmed for this rally, that were only rumours.

playmo
30th January 2010, 16:07
Isn't a competitor that subscribes to the full championship commited to run every event? if so, then why is petter missing from the entry list?
Cheers....

bluuford
30th January 2010, 16:11
I have not seen his confirmation for full season yet. Driver can do as many events as many he wants. Only manufacturers are committed for the whole season.

Langdale Forest
30th January 2010, 16:12
So why is the fine so big if they pull out?

bluuford
30th January 2010, 16:15
So why is the fine so big if they pull out?

To force them not to pull out..

Langdale Forest
30th January 2010, 16:16
How much is the fine anyway?

bluuford
30th January 2010, 16:17
How much is the fine anyway?

The amount of entry fee they should pay to enter each remaining event. And there might appear additional fines by FIA including exclusion from the season standings.

Langdale Forest
30th January 2010, 16:20
Is it possible for any driver to pay to be excluded from the season standings then?

bluuford
31st January 2010, 00:11
Sorry I didn't quite catch you?
They can fine WRC teams and manufacturers who have registered and drivers who have registered to PWRC, JWRC and SWRC. If you are private driver like Petter Solberg, then you dont have to register and they cannot pose any fines.

From the past I remember that Hyundai and bit later Daniel Carlsson was disqualified from the season when he didn't had enough money to start in Sardegna and he did some kind of Start show there. But then he got excluded for season (not team) and Stohl became sole remaining driver in OMV team and Stohl was allowed to drive whole season in one car team because Carlsson-s exclusion was handled as "force major".

If in any support championship (PWRC, JWRC or SWRC) driver misses rally due to the budget problem, he will be excluded from the season (all the points taken away) and most probably he is going to be fined with the sum equal to the entry fees for the remaining rallies. It is same for manufacturers and WRC teams.

jonas_mcrae
2nd February 2010, 16:35
I read something in a Mexican magazine about Triviño trying to get the budget to do the event in a C4, according to the article triviño needs to put half of the money and Citroen Sport will put the other half... for me it sounds very unlikely (specially the part about Citroen paying half of teh costs), but his dad is very very wealthy and he might get some local sponsors (corona?) so who knows...

Mirek
2nd February 2010, 16:57
Is there any free C4 left?

ZequeArgentina
2nd February 2010, 18:22
I think this thing about the C4 is not to trust.
He has driven excellent cars, in several champinships, and has never got the speed to do it reasonably.
No way Citroen would give him any support, just may be rent him the car, but at his own and full expense.
It will be a complete waste of money, he will be beaten by some SWRC/PWRC.
(it happens before when he run a 206 WRC, and front PWRC were beating his times).

bluuford
2nd February 2010, 22:20
So, today we have the closing date for entries and we can add Llovera with Fiat to SWRC for sure. No more info currently.

Citroen might have cars for one "one offs" but they probably dont have one for the whole season like Conrad would have liked and for 8-10 events like Galli was expecting. We still might see Conrad in Ford, but program for Galli was planed to be sponsored by Citroen Italy, so, situation is more difficult there.

bluuford
4th February 2010, 01:54
So, according to rallyguide 2 they should publish list of entries on their website today.

We know that these entries are confirmed so far:
WRC:

1. Loeb Citroen
2. Sordo Citroen
3. Hirvonen Ford
4. Latvala Ford
5. Wilson Ford
6. Räikkönen Citroen
7. Ogier Citroen
8. Villagra Ford
9. Block Ford

SWRC:

1. Pons Ford
2. Prokop Ford
3. Al Attyah Ford
4. Brynildsen Skoda
5. Kocziusko Ford
6. Llovera Fiat

PWRC:

1. Araujo Mitsu
2. Arai Subaru
3. Baldoni Mitsu
4. Mayer, G.
5. Linari, G. Subaru
6. Frisiero, F. Mitsu

Very likely will be there, but not confirmed yet:

1. Henning Solberg WRC
2. Petter Solberg WRC

Dont know:

1. Trivino rumors about possible C4
2. A lot of Peugeot drivers as always:-)

So, 21 cars confirmed until today and 3 more cars quite sure.

harriswrc
7th February 2010, 19:16
http://www.rallymexico.com/doc/EntryListAcceptedMx10.pdf

35 entries, 12 wrcars, 7 s2000 cars.

No surprises, not something special...

alleskids
7th February 2010, 19:23
as ProRally already mentioned :) , Nasser Al Attiyah will also in the SWRC swithch to the Skoda side. His car wil be serviced by RGRS, just like they do in the IRC.

Mirek
7th February 2010, 19:23
Pablo Gutierrez with Fabia. I wonder which team will it be from.

alleskids
7th February 2010, 19:25
Is Pablo Gutierrez nominated for the SWRC championship with his Skoda Fabia S2000?

bluuford
7th February 2010, 22:30
Is Pablo Gutierrez nominated for the SWRC championship with his Skoda Fabia S2000?

Yeah, they can nominate 2 cars for SWRC and 2 for PWRC as wildcards in Mexico, so SWRC contains 7 cars then and PWRC 8 cars. Bacco is replacing Frisiero in Mexico. And nice to see a few local Evo-s.

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2010, 16:39
true, not an amazing entry list but still much better than past years!! there will be a good fight in S2000 and on WRC you have kimi, block and villagra to make the list bigger and add to the spectacle, plus Im not sure how good he can be, but should be interesting to see Petter in the C4 in a rally he has won before.

A little bit dissapointed by Triviño's entry, he will be slower than the s2000's in the 206 thats for sure, he should've tried to get an S2000 drive, as pablo gutierrez did, will be quite interesting to see what he can do with that great machinery. Also should be nice to see Benito Guerra with the Evo X, but still he cant top the S2000's, IMO with equal machinery he could match the pace of the top S2000 in this rally.

In S2000 I will go for Prokop, but who knows myabe Nasser could fight as well, dont know what the pace of Pons will be or what Kosciuszko can do...

An other interesting entry is Michel Jourdain, although Im not sure if its Michel Jourdain Sr. or Jr. If its Jr. it should be cool to see his rallying style, as he had some success in CART and has raced in NASCAR, WTCC and A1. Although if it is Michel Jordain Sr. I wouldnt expect much as he is 60+...

CABAIO E'LONA
8th February 2010, 18:23
i think that is good entry list for Rally Mexico...

Mirek
8th February 2010, 18:27
According to all available documents from FIA website Peugeot 206 WRC has expired homologation since 31-12-2009 and can't be therefore used in any FIA event...

FabiaFan
8th February 2010, 22:17
Yeah, they can nominate 2 cars for SWRC and 2 for PWRC as wildcards in Mexico, so SWRC contains 7 cars then and PWRC 8 cars. Bacco is replacing Frisiero in Mexico. And nice to see a few local Evo-s.
"wildcards"???

tolis
8th February 2010, 22:25
wildcards=entries in the PWRC-SWRC only for this event...

CABAIO E'LONA
9th February 2010, 01:26
]According to all available documents from FIA website Peugeot 206 WRC has expired homologation since 31-12-2009 and can't be therefore used in any FIA event...

Time goes by so fast...

jonas_mcrae
9th February 2010, 14:32
]According to all available documents from FIA website Peugeot 206 WRC has expired homologation since 31-12-2009 and can't be therefore used in any FIA event...

Interesting...
Im sure he has an Evo somewhere, could he change the car before the rally??
he should try to get a 207...

jonas_mcrae
10th February 2010, 16:55
just a quick update

entry number 28, is indeed Michel Jourdain Jr. (ex CART, NASCAR, A1 and WTCC driver) he has done the Baja 1000 before but has no experience with proper rallying. His car is going to be prepared by Alejandro Pimentel's team (former mexican champion). In an interview with a mexican newspaper he mentions that he wanted to enter rallying since the first edition of rally Mexico back in 2004 however he never had the chance until now.

He was quite fast in CART but after some suceess there (I think he won a couple of races), and he was a consistent point scorer, his racing career never picked up, in WTCC he never got the pace and NASCAR and A1 were for quite a brief period of time. Dont know what to expect for the start of his rallying career but who know lets see what he can do. Just imagine he is like the mexican kimi, lol!

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 15:38

Why does homolgation expire if WRC cars are still alowed in the WRC?

Anyway, only 35 entries is a bit low! :(

jonas_mcrae
19th February 2010, 15:58
Why does homolgation expire if WRC cars are still alowed in the WRC?

Anyway, only 35 entries is a bit low! :(

yeah but a lot more top drivers, plus some s2000 which is good.
In previous years many of the entries were from the 206 cup, which I think is not doing very well at the moment (specially since peugeot no longer makes the 206!)

however there are a lot of N group cars missing...

Mirek
19th February 2010, 16:41
206 is still in production, Jonas ;)

Langdale Forest
19th February 2010, 17:57

Then why did he enter in a 206 WRC then?

ProRally
20th February 2010, 08:14
Then why did he enter in a 206 WRC then?

Same reason why he was excluded when he had expired drivers gloves... and he was in point scoring position.

Langdale Forest
20th February 2010, 08:26
Epic fail for him then!

Viking
20th February 2010, 11:08
If Google translate has got this right Triviño will do the rally but he can not score points.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.am.com.mx%2FNota.aspx%3FID%3D38 4743&sl=auto&tl=en

PLuto
20th February 2010, 14:58
In this case I will rent Lancia Delta S4 from Italy and I will push to organisers and NOS, that I want start with this car too! Scoring points isnt important for me...

GTA
21st February 2010, 13:35
]Pablo Gutierrez with Fabia. I wonder which team will it be from.

me to...!.. can not find info anywhere..

Barreis
21st February 2010, 18:20
In this case I will rent Lancia Delta S4 from Italy and I will push to organisers and NOS, that I want start with this car too! Scoring points isnt important for me...

Prepare 40 000 euros.. xd

Macd
21st February 2010, 18:27

Just because it has expired homologation doesnt mean they can used banned things :rolleyes:

bluuford
21st February 2010, 22:03

FIA allowes regional homologations. maybe it is related to that fact? However there is not much information available about regional homologations.

jonas_mcrae
25th February 2010, 14:12
ok is anyone going???... anyone wants to share car/hotel?

PuddleJumper
27th February 2010, 21:42
Pickems are open. Sorry it's late, I thought the rally was the weekend after next.

JFL
28th February 2010, 03:19
..deleted

gloomyDAY
28th February 2010, 04:29
ok is anyone going???... anyone wants to share car/hotel?¡Joder!

I want to go badly, but I'm going to Colombia.

Have fun guys.

ProRally
28th February 2010, 08:23
I land there thursday evening.... but stay at Service parc most of the time

bluuford
1st March 2010, 21:20
Well here is the seeded entry list:
http://www.rallymexico.com/doc/EntryListSeededMx10.pdf

Seems like Trivino is running without a car so far ;-)

And anyone having Motors TV should turn in their channel on Thursday evening at 21:50 when Swedish SWRC and PWRC show is just before Mexico shakedown.

Mirek
1st March 2010, 21:27
Nasser behind Linari is not a good idea...

VFTS
1st March 2010, 21:42
]Nasser behind Linari is not a good idea...

It cant be the starting order.

The starting order is normally published after scrutineering and shakedown.

bluuford
1st March 2010, 21:43
]Nasser behind Linari is not a good idea...

Usually start list is different to seeded list. At least regarding Entries further behind. Dont know about priority drivers. Tänak was seeded last in Sweden but he started right after Gassner on the first day.
Otherwise they should put at least three minutes between them :-)

and furthermore, Munchis has been registered for Manufacturers Championship as well:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/wrc_entry_mex.aspx

cyr
1st March 2010, 22:47
ken block

http://28412.vgb.no/files/2010/03/9930d_01032010.jpg

MJW
1st March 2010, 22:57
Any service park set up photos? or anyone likely to post recce pictures (tuesday / wednesday)

chryby
2nd March 2010, 10:35
martin prokop tested his ford:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=658&fseason=2010

bluuford
2nd March 2010, 22:16
So, Live webcam for Rally Mexico service pak:
http://www.rallymexico.com/latestnews.php?id=102

RICARDO75
2nd March 2010, 23:47
VIDEOS FROM MEXICO 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0JD_OoFfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2mY8VBeKuc

jonas_mcrae
3rd March 2010, 00:36
According to AM (local paper) nine crews tested monday and sunday, and Arai had a small accident. Not sure about all of them but from the video it seems Arai, Prokop, Linari, Pimentel, Araujo, Nasser, Kosciuszko and one of the Skodas was testing

jonas_mcrae
3rd March 2010, 00:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_JcEvh4t5E

Miko and Jarmo in service park

Mirek
3rd March 2010, 00:49
That white Fabia is from RGRS (maybe they were both but I could see only one plate), so it's either Nasser Al Attiyah or Eyvind Brynildsen.

RICARDO75
3rd March 2010, 10:32
Video from service park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZZZWsnDPc

bluuford
3rd March 2010, 11:58
According to AM (local paper) nine crews tested monday and sunday, and Arai had a small accident. Not sure about all of them but from the video it seems Arai, Prokop, Linari, Pimentel, Araujo, Nasser, Kosciuszko and one of the Skodas was testing

About Arai:

There was drama even before the recce began for Japan’s Toshi Arai and his new British co-driver Daniel Barritt.
The pair were carrying out a test with their Subaru Impreza and completed one pass of the test stage – at an altitude of around 2000 metres above sea level – without any problems.
Co-driver Barritt later complained that there had been some interference in the intercom system, but the Japanese launched the Subaru into a high-speed roll on the second pass through the test stage. Damage was extensive and the crew abandoned the test session to allow team mechanics to find a local body shop to affect emergency repairs. Arai is expected to start the rally on schedule.

jonas_mcrae
3rd March 2010, 14:02
Just an update on Arais Subie
It was sent to a local body shop and has been repaired, mechanics promissed to have it ready in 24 hrs, and by now should be back at service park.

jonas_mcrae
3rd March 2010, 14:05
some pictures from service park (mexican forum, scroll down)

http://www.rally.com.mx/index.php?topic=1447.330

VFTS
3rd March 2010, 17:36
]That white Fabia is from RGRS (maybe they were both but I could see only one plate), so it's either Nasser Al Attiyah or Eyvind Brynildsen.

I dont think Eyvind was testing.
He will drive the same car as he won Rally Catalunya and "won" Rally Wales last year.

darkstar
4th March 2010, 09:24
does anyone know when the shakedown starts?

DonJippo
4th March 2010, 09:36

8 am local time.

EavesFan09
4th March 2010, 10:44
The Coca-Cola Street Stages (SS4 & SS13) should offer something interesting.

You guys know more about it than I. What should I expect?

jbmarcus21
4th March 2010, 11:23
WRC Mexico - Program, Mobile Live Results, Google Earth Map : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/mexique10.htm

Sulland
4th March 2010, 13:11
8 am local time.

Clock converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=128

bluuford
4th March 2010, 13:13

In real time, shakedown will start in 53 minutes
edit: Forum clock is 6-7 minutes in front of real time

Iskald
4th March 2010, 13:14
The Coca-Cola Street Stages (SS4 & SS13) should offer something interesting.

You guys know more about it than I. What should I expect?

What on earth could be interesting with a 1,5 km "street stage"???

bluuford
4th March 2010, 13:16

Coca Cola :-)

EavesFan09
4th March 2010, 13:20

I dunno. Never heard of it before. New one on me. You have Y-Fronts that are older than my experience of the WRC. Please understand that before I hit the prozac.

I see theirs some new names such as Michel Jourdain and Jose Manuel Ponce. Are these names without a priority number?

alterdaxter
4th March 2010, 13:35
I dunno. Never heard of it before. New one on me. You have Y-Fronts that are older than my experience of the WRC. Please understand that before I hit the prozac.

I see theirs some new names such as Michel Jourdain and Jose Manuel Ponce. Are these names without a priority number?

please don't start again...

bluuford
4th March 2010, 13:38

Yes, these are local drivers taking part in WRC round. You can see entry list here and their priority number is the last column: http://www.rallymexico.com/doc/EntryListSeededMx10.pdf

You can also see that nr 49 and 50 (Benito Guerra/Javier Marin and Rodrigo Salgado/Diodoro Salgado) are PWRC wild card drivers. That means they are running for PWRC honours as well (plus overall standings).

Salgado took part in Mexico also in 2007 finished 30th (Thanks to superally)
and in 2008 and finished 18th

Guerra (24 years old driver) took part in 2006, thanks to superally he finished 27th, took part in 2007 retired, took part in Argentina 2007, retired took part in Mexico 2008, Won Gr N (15th overall)

Koppomsbo
4th March 2010, 13:53
auch

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hbl.fi%2Ftext%2Fsport%2F2010%2F 3%2F4%2Fw43904.php&sl=sv&tl=en

Francis44
4th March 2010, 15:05
Im really looking foward to see what Solberg does in Mexico.

He has been fast past years, even with the 2007 Subaru, so we may see him in a podium position on the end.

Tomi
4th March 2010, 15:15
Im really looking foward to see what Solberg does in Mexico.

He has been fast past years, even with the 2007 Subaru, so we may see him in a podium position on the end.

Same here, my guess is that he will be quite in front after the first day because of his starting position, but after that slowly but steady he start to drop more back in the field.

Barreis
4th March 2010, 15:30
Can't wait for the start..

RICARDO75
4th March 2010, 15:34
No shakedown times online?

Rallyper
4th March 2010, 16:32
No shakedown times online?

It seems their server is one of the smallest... :dozey:
The website isn´t working well. :(

EavesFan09
4th March 2010, 17:07
Can't wait for the start..

Nor can I. Eager to see how the S2000 drivers do. Prokop and PGA especially.

MJW
4th March 2010, 17:22
Nor can I. Eager to see how the S2000 drivers do. Prokop and PGA especially.
PGA????????????

darkstar
4th March 2010, 17:32
per gunnar andersson...or did you mean the fact that he´s not starting in mexico??? :)

Fide
4th March 2010, 18:16
Any news about shakedown times ??????

JFL
4th March 2010, 18:27
Seems like no one has.. Poor internet updates from there..
All I know is that E. Brynildsen led the SWRC on the time 3.08.5, but it was'nt finnished yet when he blogged that..
EDIT: Eyvind was the quickest.. :)

Buzz Lightyear
4th March 2010, 18:44
Petters Blog? 5 citroen, 5 fords? is that a coincidence?
1. Petter, Citroën 2.51,7
2. Sordo, Citroën 2.51,8
3. Ogier, Citroën 2.51,9
4. Loeb, Citroën 2.52,5
5. Räikkönen, Citroën 2.54,2
6. Hirvonen, Ford 2.55,3
7. Henning, Ford 2.56,2
8. Villagra, Ford 2.56,4
9. Wilson, Ford +2.59,9
10. Latvala, Ford +3.00,1

sp0+
4th March 2010, 18:58
Thanks Buzz!!!!!

pettersolberg29
4th March 2010, 19:04
I know its just Shakedown but Mikko and JML are slow aren't they? As Buzz says, the Citroens seem well on top from the very, very, too early predictions.

Buzz Lightyear
4th March 2010, 19:09
here's why

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81852

Finni2
4th March 2010, 19:31
2. Sordo, Citroën 2.51,8
3. Ogier, Citroën 2.51,9
4. Loeb, Citroën 2.52,5
6. Hirvonen, Ford 2.55,3
7. Henning, Ford 2.56,2
8. Villagra, Ford 2.56,4
9. Wilson, Ford +2.59,9

Lol Räikkönen ahead of Fords :-)

Räikkönen much faster than in Sweden shakedown. I bet we will see more from him now.

Hipo1990
4th March 2010, 19:44
http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/wrc-bilder/rallye-mexiko-2-lauf-galerie-rennen-2010,4,4,0,60,6283,0 shakedown photos

janvanvurpa
4th March 2010, 20:05

Räikkönen much faster than in Sweden shakedown. I bet we will see more from him now.

Hej Finni, have a link to all the shakedown times?

N.O.T
4th March 2010, 20:12

i agree with this statement....we will see a true rally driver and ambassador of the human race from now on...a true hope for the sport will rise from the ashes of the sport. These shakedown times are just the beggining....

unfortunatelly the propaganda boys kept secret the blok times from the public...but now all we must celebrate for kimmi.

by the end of the year i presume Loeb to fake an injury to avoid having to confront the human race speciment.

pettersolberg29
4th March 2010, 20:14
Just give up N.O.T. It's not funny, it's not true and it's just annoying. You used to post sensible stuff but that seems a distant memory now.

Iskald
4th March 2010, 20:19
i agree with this statement....we will see a true rally driver and ambassador of the human race from now on...a true hope for the sport will rise from the ashes of the sport. These shakedown times are just the beggining....

...but now all we must celebrate for kimmi.

Oh, you`re such a poet, N.O.T! What a wonderful and beautiful statement. It really touches me. Sob, sob.... :bigcry:

miksu
4th March 2010, 20:34

unfortunatelly the propaganda boys kept secret the blok times from the public...but now all we must celebrate for kimmi.

by the end of the year i presume Loeb to fake an injury to avoid having to confront the human race speciment.

ah nit, your posts make me smile. Well at least close to smiling

Tomi
4th March 2010, 21:02
2. Sordo, Citroën 2.51,8
3. Ogier, Citroën 2.51,9
4. Loeb, Citroën 2.52,5
6. Hirvonen, Ford 2.55,3
7. Henning, Ford 2.56,2
8. Villagra, Ford 2.56,4
9. Wilson, Ford +2.59,9

Lol, shakedown is shakedown :)

Buzz Lightyear
4th March 2010, 21:03
Lol, shakedown is shakedown :)

yes. so what?

Tomi
4th March 2010, 21:05
yes. so what?

nothing, the times just look amusing, shows how little it has to do with predicting the outcome.

JFL
4th March 2010, 21:05
top 4 seems to have some troblefree runs.. Pretty equal times aswell... But, I'm sure Sordo, Ogier and Loeb was just cruising through the stage.. Petter was on the limit all the time..
Shakedown is shakedown..

JFL
4th March 2010, 21:13
2. Sordo, Citroën 2.51,8
3. Ogier, Citroën 2.51,9
4. Loeb, Citroën 2.52,5
6. Hirvonen, Ford 2.55,3
7. Henning, Ford 2.56,2
8. Villagra, Ford 2.56,4
9. Wilson, Ford +2.59,9

11. Block, Ford 3:04.6

Tomi
4th March 2010, 21:20
J-M broke his cooling system in the watersplash on the first pass, and warned the other Fords, later Dani Sordo had simular problems.

Mirek
4th March 2010, 22:03
Don't know if it was here... Kosciuszko, Pons and Prokop had engine problems in water splash. All three cars seems to be ok now.

Jafry
4th March 2010, 22:23
Photos from shakedown (watter splash) (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=660&fseason=2010) ;)

JFL
4th March 2010, 22:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFHTi_y_i_o&feature=channel
here's that watersplash..

Mirek
4th March 2010, 22:36
Photos from shakedown (watter splash) (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=660&fseason=2010) ;)

Super fotky, je tak dál ;)

jonas_mcrae
4th March 2010, 22:52
Leaving tonight to Leon, will try to go online and post some news, hope we geat a great event and no stone trowers!

PLuto
4th March 2010, 23:01
Photogallery of Miroslav Knedla from shakedown (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9972)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_76007ff6746fbdb9db42a1c0eb56a4ca.jpg

Mirek
4th March 2010, 23:27
Pablo Gutieréz who was entered with Fabia S2000 is not in entry the start list.

RICARDO75
5th March 2010, 00:40
Non starters:

35 Gabor Mayer - SUBARU (PWRC)
56 Ricardo Triviño - PEUGEOT
57 Francisco Name - MITSUBISHI
60 Pablo Gutierrez - SKODA
65 Guillermo Fonseca - PEUGEOT

EavesFan09
5th March 2010, 08:31
nothing, the times just look amusing, shows how little it has to do with predicting the outcome.

Agreed. I am not worried when I saw. It isn't a competitive situation. Why put the peddle to the metal and risk damaging the car? It is probably like most test sessions in that it just is time for the driver to see how the car is handling itself.

Sulland
5th March 2010, 08:43
Is there a full list of shakedowntimes for all the participants ?

Iskald
5th March 2010, 09:27
Non starters:

35 Gabor Mayer - SUBARU (PWRC)
56 Ricardo Triviño - PEUGEOT
57 Francisco Name - MITSUBISHI
60 Pablo Gutierrez - SKODA
65 Guillermo Fonseca - PEUGEOT

Does this mean that the number of actual competitors starting the rally is 30? That must be the lowest count ever in a WRC rally. Really a sad record. I understand the reason and wish to have a world championship rally in South America. But the domestic rally scene in Mexico is very small, and the tradition and history is also lacking on most counts. Why continue with this when the number of competitors in the rally is the lowest in the championship each year the rally runs?

Koppomsbo
5th March 2010, 09:52
What time is the rally acctually starting?

tolis
5th March 2010, 10:06
In 3 and a half hours from now... ;)

WRC1
5th March 2010, 10:07
What time is the rally acctually starting?
1. LEG 5. 3. 2010 - Friday

SS1 Alfaro 1 23.37 km 14:28
SS2 Ortega 1 23.83 km 16:01
SS3 El Cubilete 1 18.98 km 16:49
SS4 Coca-Cola Street Stage 2.30 km 17:57

Service A - 30 min 18:19

SS5 Alfaro 2 23.37 km 19:17
SS6 Ortega 2 23.83 km 20:50
SS7 El Cubilete 2 18.98 km 21:38
SS8 Super Special 1 2.21 km 22:58
SS9 Super Special 2 2.21 km 23:03

Flexi Service B - 45 min 23:33

all times in middleeuropean time (berlin, paris, vienna)

reg

wrc1

muscrae
5th March 2010, 10:50
SS 20 is cancelled by the organizers for safety reasons.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=7079&desc=Rally+organisers+cancel+SS20

Iskald
5th March 2010, 10:57
SS 20 is cancelled by the organizers for safety reasons.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=7079&desc=Rally+organisers+cancel+SS20

Great start... Will it be the only cancelled stage? Any bets against?

bluuford
5th March 2010, 10:59
Does this mean that the number of actual competitors starting the rally is 30? That must be the lowest count ever in a WRC rally. Really a sad record. I understand the reason and wish to have a world championship rally in South America. But the domestic rally scene in Mexico is very small, and the tradition and history is also lacking on most counts. Why continue with this when the number of competitors in the rally is the lowest in the championship each year the rally runs?

In my view the quality of the list has improved a lot and I like the list more tha years before. Previously there were a lot of Peugeot 206 XS cars that suprrallyed most of the rally distance. At the moment we have 30 cars and almost all of them are with good quality. It is just the way of life, most money is in Europe, North America, Middle-East and Japam, China, Australia line.

Mirek
5th March 2010, 11:11
Does this mean that the number of actual competitors starting the rally is 30? That must be the lowest count ever in a WRC rally.

Rally USA 1988 was one car worse - 29 :D

RICARDO75
5th March 2010, 11:22
I remember that Olympus Rally.
Just with factory Lancia (Biasion, Recalde and Fiorio), John Buffum in Audii Coupé and Rod Millen with Mazda as top drivers.

raybak
5th March 2010, 11:48
Interesting to see that the seeded drivers are starting 3 mins apart then after Block they are at 2 mins. Nice way to spread the field out and minimise dust. I suppose a way to make the day longer for the spectators as well.

Ray

Viking
5th March 2010, 12:37
]Rally USA 1988 was one car worse - 29 :D

According to Juwra lowest entry was Brazil in 81 with 20 crews and Brazil in 82 with 22 crews. In 1982 only 4 cars finished the rally!

4th place went to Aparecido Rodrigues in an Volkswagen Passat :eek: he was just 3h 24m 44s after Michele Mouton who won the rally.

Last day spectators must have had a great day :)

Mirek
5th March 2010, 12:44
There were over 50 cars in Brazil 81 and 82 but more than half of them were ethanol powered local cars not counted to FIA classiffication.

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 13:13
so 20 minutes until the start....

muscrae
5th March 2010, 13:15
I believe it will be a good weekend.. :)

EavesFan09
5th March 2010, 13:27
so 20 minutes until the start....

It is now 1:27pm GMT. How far behind is Mexico?

muscrae
5th March 2010, 13:33
SS1 is about to start..

Fide
5th March 2010, 13:34
It is now 1:27pm GMT. How far behind is Mexico?

Currently It is 8:26 am Local Time (Mexico time)

jonkka
5th March 2010, 13:36
Mikko on stage - rally is on!

EavesFan09
5th March 2010, 13:36
Mexico seems to be about 6 hours behind UK time.

Good luck BP Ford Abu Dhabi!

A.F.F.
5th March 2010, 13:38
Hello folks :wave:

Viking
5th March 2010, 13:40
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=128

GoGoGo

A.F.F.
5th March 2010, 13:40
How much do you think Mikko will get his arse kicked at sweeping the roads ?

jonkka
5th March 2010, 13:41
Approx one minute today

muscrae
5th March 2010, 13:42
How much do you think Mikko will get his arse kicked at sweeping the roads ?

I don't know, but I know that tactics will appear at the end of the day, as Loeb also stated...

A.F.F.
5th March 2010, 13:43
I don't know, but I know that tactics will appear at the end of the day, as Loeb also stated...

Most certainly.... but I thought it depends how much of a gap Loeb can get.

jonkka
5th March 2010, 13:43
What? Loeb slower on split 2?

pettersolberg29
5th March 2010, 13:44
Loeb slower...?

jonkka
5th March 2010, 13:46
Just a momentary lapse...

Mirek
Photos of Petr Sagner: http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=929&fotograf=7&all=1

A.F.F.
Latvala also ? Let's see if it happens to Sordo too....

Finni2
5th March 2010, 13:47
I don't think Loeb is pushing at the moment, same can apply also to Sordo who said he is happy if he just keeps his rroad-position till sunday ;-)

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 13:48
nice start by Ogier and sordo....

muscrae
5th March 2010, 13:49
Mikko has finished the stage, he's not happy with his performance...

Sulland
5th March 2010, 13:53
What is this thing: http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=g00

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 13:53
hmmm....

HIRVONEN M. / LEHTINEN J. "I don't know, but my driving was very bad. From the beginning it was good, but then ... Lot of loose, I had no rhythm at all. Very bad start."

muscrae
5th March 2010, 13:54
Seb is 8 sec. faster...

Finni2
I have a feeling that this rally of Mexico will be remebered by tactics. It seems that there is so many competitive drivers coming from good positions that there can be numerous drivers inside of 20 seconds when the last day starts.

N.O.T
Wow...the Citroen youngsters are angry...

jonkka
5th March 2010, 13:55

Distraction.

muscrae
Sordo and Ogier are flying .. :)

Finni2
Ogier is driving very well :)

A.F.F.
5th March 2010, 13:56

I consider that as a bonus :D

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 13:57
LOEB S. / ELENA D. "It was OK, I started to loose some time because the dust. But then I found a good rhytm, because Mikko made the line. Think it was been good."

jonkka
5th March 2010, 13:58
I consider that as a bonus :D

:eek: You realize that you do not get one for yourself...

A.F.F.
5th March 2010, 13:59
:eek: You realize that you do not get one for yourself...

Sure I will. I mail-ordered Amy :)

JFL
5th March 2010, 14:00
Seems like this will be a Citröen rally??
rallychat at http://www.allaboutrally.com

muscrae
Petter is flying also... He will obviously get better of his start position...

Finni2
Yes, Petter is on pace!

Mirek
5th March 2010, 14:01
Seems that high altitudes will be big advantage for Citroëns with very strong engines.

Viking
Petter should be wery fast on this one...

jonkka
Sure I will. I mail-ordered Amy :)

Beware, Wally's mail order bride in Dilbert backfired badly - though he got bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwiches for it...

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 14:02
hmmm the thing is that road position plays an important role so we will see 2 days of tactics and 1 of rallying....

RICARDO75
5th March 2010, 14:02
Ogier faster

muscrae
5th March 2010, 14:04
Petter will be far away from the guys, if he can reach the end of the stage :)

MartijnS
Petter is flying, very fast!

N.O.T
Solberg on a charge !!!!

Tom206wrc
Solberg P full attack :eek:

Viking
5th March 2010, 14:05
Not really a Ford stage ehh?

sp0+
5th March 2010, 14:05
Storming Petter!!!!

Finni2
5th March 2010, 14:06
hmmm the thing is that road position plays an important role so we will see 2 days of tactics and 1 of rallying....

True, but there is now so many competitive drivers that it will be interesting and complicated game!

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 14:07
lol at solberg....nice.

Viking
5th March 2010, 14:07
So good to see Sweden is all forgotten for Petter :)

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 14:09
OGIER S. / INGRASSIA J. "It's good, but we know we have very good position on the road. Clean run. We try to drive good for the moment and we will see on the evening."

Fide
SOLBERG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO GO GO and demonstrate everybody the magic touch is still there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeD
My first rally of the year and what a great start :)

:eek: @ Petter...

Finni2
is Räikkönen off or late split?

kiil
5th March 2010, 14:10
Go Petter!!!!!

Fide
solberb 9.2 sec quicker than Ogier !!!!!!!!!

N.O.T
kimmi kid is gonma get me banned if he continues like this....

PeteRobs
Wow Go Petter Go

Fide
5th March 2010, 14:11
Solber WON the split !!!!!!!!!!!!

muscrae
5th March 2010, 14:11
Petter is fastest, amazing time..! :)

pettersolberg29
5th March 2010, 14:12
Doesn't sound like Petter wants to lead after today. Even if he has a big lead.

Mirek
5th March 2010, 14:13
He must try crazy hard to get every tenth out of his possition. Anyway great effort!

A.F.F.
5th March 2010, 14:13
Doesn't sound like Petter wants to lead after today. Even if he has a big lead.

Petter always wanted to be the hunter, not the hunted one.

Sulland
5th March 2010, 14:14
9,8 faster than everybody, and almost 20 in front of Hirvonen and 12 on Loeb !

Viking
Way to go Petter :hot:

N.O.T
the road position situation is ridiculous though......

Glee
Not only is Petter fastest, but he is FAST!

MikeD
Ken Block on pace with Villagra. He keeps impressing me!

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 14:15
SOLBERG P. / MILLS P. "It's really good. But we know our starting position is no doubt. We lost a bit after start. Car is working very well actually."

Viking
5th March 2010, 14:16
9,8 faster than everybody, and almost 20 in front of Hirvonen and 12 on Loeb !

-22sec on Championship leader Hirvonen

MikeD
5th March 2010, 14:16
kimmi kid is gonma get me banned if he continues like this....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...anyway I hope you stay on.

tolis
5th March 2010, 14:17
Why don't they change the road position, as it was some years ago? The 15th started first and the first 15th...

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 14:18
blok faster than kimmi......damn.

Mirek
5th March 2010, 14:20
I think that even some group N cars might be as fast as S2000 or even faster in high altitudes. The benefit from turbo is rather higher with air of low density.

JFL
5th March 2010, 14:21
I repeat.. rallychat at http://www.allaboutrally.com
a littlebit easer to chat.. ;)

miksu
5th March 2010, 14:23
blok faster than kimmi......damn.

Block is actually pretty fast at the end of the stage, surprisingly.

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 14:24
Silnece please let the man speak....

BLOCK K. / GELSOMINO A. "It was my first real stage in this car. Incredible."

jokes apart Block did very well......we get all this hype around kimmi kid and then comes this 63 year old sideways guy and SPITS on his face....lol

MikeD
5th March 2010, 14:26
Honestly, that's a very impressive debut by Block. Well done!

Finni2
5th March 2010, 14:26
Old discussion of road-position rule. I was almost only one who was complitely negative about this rule. Check it out: :-)

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124204&page=2

ttiirika
5th March 2010, 14:27
Silnece please let the man speak....

BLOCK K. / GELSOMINO A. "It was my first real stage in this car. Incredible."

jokes apart Block did very well......we get all this hype around kimmi kid and then comes this 63 year old sideways guy and SPITS on his face....lol

I can't listen to rally radio. Did Kimi give any comments after the stage?

A.F.F.
You're the only one I get Kimi-hype from Mr.Mousefart. Should you shut your mouth even for a second, I wouldn't hear any hype around Kimi :dozey:

Sulland

Of course not !

RS
5th March 2010, 14:28
]I think that even some group N cars might be as fast as S2000 or even faster in high altitudes. The benefit from turbo is rather higher with air of low density.

On SS1 Prokop & Brynildsen seem much more off the pace than they were in Sweden, you could be right.

Daniel
5th March 2010, 14:29
I repeat.. rallychat at http://www.allaboutrally.com
a littlebit easer to chat.. ;)
Seriously dude, we've been doing this since 2001. People are happy with this.

miksu
5th March 2010, 14:29

Guess.... :) well he didnt.

he stopped after the stage to check his car, maybe something wrong with it.

ttiirika
5th March 2010, 14:31
Of course not !

Childish clown!! Kimi, I mean.

JFL
5th March 2010, 14:34
Seriously dude, we've been doing this since 2001. People are happy with this.
Afraid of something new?

RS
5th March 2010, 14:41
Excellent time by Kosciuszko in sWRC.

jonkka
5th March 2010, 15:09
Bring on the next stage!

Daniel
5th March 2010, 15:10
Afraid of something new?
No, I just don't see the point.

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 15:14
You're the only one I get Kimi-hype from Mr.Mousefart. Should you shut your mouth even for a second, I wouldn't hear any hype around Kimi :dozey:

hmmm...nope you are wrong.

jonkka
5th March 2010, 15:15
N.O.T, shouldn't you be on strike?

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 15:16
the thing is that with so many citroens on top they can pull aford and stack many c4s ahead of loeb on day 2 so he will not have to play tactics and keep the differene from hirvonen without losing time....same as ford did.

Thank Mr Jean TOAD .....

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 15:17
N.O.T, shouldn't you be on strike?

lol...

Daniel
5th March 2010, 15:17
the thing is that with so many citroens on top they can pull aford and stack many c4s ahead of loeb on day 2 so he will not have to play tactics and keep the differene from hirvonen without losing time....same as ford did.

Thank Mr Jean TOAD .....
Jean Toad :rotflmao:

That's pretty funny!

MartijnS
5th March 2010, 15:22
Shouldnt the next split of Loeb be there?

jonkka
5th March 2010, 15:23
Yeh

Tom206wrc
5th March 2010, 15:23
Loeb 4th spit SS2 :confused:

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 15:24
No split for Loeb....

jonkka
5th March 2010, 15:24
GPS glitch - 99,9% of the time they are...

Daniel
5th March 2010, 15:25
Loeb 4th spit SS2 :confused:
Ah crap Loeb off the road and retired :(

MikeD
5th March 2010, 15:25
Jean Toad :rotflmao:

That's pretty funny!

Not an F1 fan are you? - that's about 10 years old... ;)

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 15:26
Loeb loses 2 mins

WRC1
loeb finnished stage!

jonkka
This is 0,1% of the times... :eek:

Tom206wrc
5th March 2010, 15:27
Loeb lost 2'11" ???? :confused:

TG
Mikko very fast: last split 11:51.0 and final time 11:11.0 :)

N.O.T
can this be tactics? seeing what Solberg did and with the longest stages to follow tommorow?

bluuford
5th March 2010, 15:28
look mikkos final time is faster than last split. I expect Loeb 10.7sek faster

N.O.T
hmmm indeed Hirvonens time is wrong so we must waiit.....

HaCo
Lost only 3 mins, in 2008 that was still good for 4th :)

Mirek
Mikko's time is wrong, see split times.

WRC1
hirvonen time MUST be wrong!! final split was 11:51 time in finish is 11:11 ???? should be 14:11

N.O.T
5th March 2010, 15:29
yeah hirvonen times is 14:11..... GPS prob for Loeb then...

alterdaxter
5th March 2010, 15:29
Time on WRC.com isn't correct for M. Hirvonen.

It probably is 14:11.0 instead of 11:11.0...

mdesign
5th March 2010, 15:30
Well, this is gonna be an interesting rally :P Solberg has a better chance now to win something (at least the favorit, loeb, should no worry him).
I imagine the smile on mikko's face now lol
Edit: oh forget that, just saw the wrong mikko time

bluuford
5th March 2010, 15:30
So, tactical plans says that there should be as many fords as possible between Loeb and Mikko :-)

jonkka
5th March 2010, 15:31
Where is Ogier?

Tom206wrc
5th March 2010, 15:31
Where is Ogier :confused:

jonkka
5th March 2010, 15:32
Where is Ogier?

Ah - I think he's running OK behind Sordo - just that he's not transmitting splits...

muscrae
5th March 2010, 15:32
Ah crap Loeb off the road and retired :(

????????????????????????????????????????

pettersolberg29
5th March 2010, 15:33
GPS not working. He is on stage.

teufel
5th March 2010, 15:34
and Loeb? his time seems now ok...

Halvis
5th March 2010, 15:36
Petter is flying again - if he keeps this up and the car on the road he will have a really large advantage after loop1 of stages...

Tom206wrc
5th March 2010, 15:37
Look at Solberg's splits :eek:

serial jeff
5th March 2010, 15:37
Petter is flying... Kimi stopped?

muscrae
5th March 2010, 15:38
Yeah, Kimi has stopped... :(