PDA

View Full Version : Cars in odd places

MrJan
22nd January 2010, 18:11
The other day I saw a Lancia Stratos in what Channel 5 used to call an Adult Drama :cheese: (It worries me that I found the car more interesting than anything else going on) ;)

Anyway, what other really unexpected places have people seen desirable cars?

Langdale Forest
22nd January 2010, 18:26
Once I heard that a car had managed to get inside a restaraunt, there was no damage! :rolleyes: :uhoh:

Mark in Oshawa
22nd January 2010, 19:09
I am thinking, and I have seen numerous parts or sides of cars incoporated into restaurants, but usally they old Caddies or parts of stock cars in a 50's style diner decor.

If I was going to have an unusual vehicle to build a pub or something around, I would love to get the front of a Sherman tank and have it "breaking" through the wall and call the bar "the bunker" or something.....

Dumb? YA...maybe that is why I am not in the pubs business...

Daniel
22nd January 2010, 20:00
The other day I saw a Lancia Stratos in what Channel 5 used to call an Adult Drama :cheese: (It worries me that I found the car more interesting than anything else going on) ;)

Anyway, what other really unexpected places have people seen desirable cars?
Slightly unrelated but interesting nonetheless http://www.imcdb.org/

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd January 2010, 20:03
I saw a Range Rover in the middle of a Town Centre the other day. Can you believe it!?!

Langdale Forest
22nd January 2010, 20:36
Yes i can!

ShiftingGears
23rd January 2010, 00:43
I saw a really nice Alfa GTV parked in Redfern. And that place is a complete dump.

raybak
23rd January 2010, 11:11
I saw a really nice Alfa GTV parked in Redfern. And that place is a complete dump.

Must have missed Prince Billy when he was there. Remember Redfern is the capital of our other nation.

Ray

Valve Bounce
23rd January 2010, 11:50
Followed an immaculate XK120, British Racing Green Jag in Albert Park yesterday. It was in mint condition. Followed it on the north part of the track between Waite and the Soccer Stadium.

raybak
23rd January 2010, 12:57
Was out sorting the course for Targa ACT and there was a Silver Lambo Gallardo shadowing me.

Ray

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd January 2010, 16:10
Followed an immaculate XK120, British Racing Green Jag in Albert Park yesterday. It was in mint condition. Followed it on the north part of the track between Waite and the Soccer Stadium.

We have an ex-works XK120 in our garage for some reason :\

Valve Bounce
24th January 2010, 01:09
We have an ex-works XK120 in our garage for some reason :\

Is this the one with the Aluminium body? Many years ago, I saw one of those in the panel beaters next to where I worked - the owner ran out of money and could not afford the rebuild. It must have been worth a mint as the were very scarce.

Drew
24th January 2010, 22:57
There was a yellow new york cab in a bar in Vigo, Spain. That surprised me!

Valve Bounce
25th January 2010, 02:47
Just saw a Hillman Station wagon yesterday. It reminded me very much of the Paycan (Iranian made Hillman Hunter that I had in Iran back in the late 70's). Funny thing was the car was in perfect condition and this lady was using it as a runabout with her three children. I just wonder how much one of these cars, in perfect condition, would be worth.

schmenke
25th January 2010, 19:56
Just saw a Hillman ....

:eek:

'Twas not too long ago that I spied a Ferrari 308 driving down a busy downtown street in a snow storm :mark:

Valve Bounce
26th January 2010, 01:27

'Twas not too long ago that I spied a Ferrari 308 driving down a busy downtown street in a snow storm :mark:

Was it a convertible and did he have the top down? Now THAT would have been impressive. ;)

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 02:52

That man should be kicked in the head and have his car repossessed and given to someone who knows how to treat a Ferrari!!!