PDA

View Full Version : F/I in Cup by '11

Jonesi
22nd January 2010, 06:49
http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/NASCAR_shooting_to_implement_fuel_injection_in_201 1.html

edv
22nd January 2010, 15:54
Progress!
NASCAR will have to also be the provider of engine management systems, then, I would expect.

They also removed the bump-drafting rule at restrictor races. Guess Jeff Gordon wasn't at the meeting :)

Mark in Oshawa
22nd January 2010, 18:16
Progress!
NASCAR will have to also be the provider of engine management systems, then, I would expect.

They also removed the bump-drafting rule at restrictor races. Guess Jeff Gordon wasn't at the meeting :)

Edv..that aint nice....but perhaps true?

As for the Fuel injection, NASCAR said for YEARS they didn't need it, didn't want it, had a good series without it (true) and it would be impossible to police, and all the sudden they are on board with it. Makes it damned hard to figure them out.

Jonesi
22nd January 2010, 21:58

As for the Fuel injection, NASCAR said for YEARS they didn't need it, didn't want it, had a good series without it (true) and it would be impossible to police, and all the sudden they are on board with it. Makes it damned hard to figure them out.

Probably because when Nascar had a meeting last summer with the manufacterers, they told Nascar that for them to continue to spend money in the series, the cars have to be more relevant to what they sell. And nobody sells cars or trucks with carbs anymore!

call_me_andrew
23rd January 2010, 04:39

It makes them much more easy to figure out. When NASCAR says one thing and does another, that means NASCAR was talking with its head up its ass.