PDA

View Full Version : New Ferrari livery

Pulidor
20th January 2010, 19:36
Well, obviously it is a photoshop job (very well done, I think), but this is how Ferrari and Santander supposedly agreed to decorate the new 2010 livery:

http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagenes/2010/01/20/motor/formula1/1264003356_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2010/01/20/motor/formula1/1264003356_0.jpg

Both pics courtesy of http://www.marca.com.

I like the design.
Grupo Santander provides 40m euros a year for at least 5 years, so that's the minimum they were probably expecting for that money! :D

What do you guys think?

20th January 2010, 19:46
Not convinced, if only because white lettering on a red background is much better for immediate visual stand-out

Powered by Cosworth
20th January 2010, 20:14
The white wing is like back to the norm when Marlboro adorned the car. I quite like it... :)

YES! The tobacco advertising ban was one of the worst things to happen in F1, a lot of money got pulled out the sport and liveries have never quite been the same

pino
20th January 2010, 20:40
Too much white, don't like it :p :

edv
20th January 2010, 21:22

Agreed.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 21:58
It still looks like a Ferrari...but that is about all I will say. I am not a big fan of that much white on a Ferrari, but in the end, it still looks more like a Ferrari than anything else.

christophulus
20th January 2010, 22:08
It doesn't look right, too much white. Surely white writing on a red background would be better? Ferrari was one of the last teams not to spoil their livery with sponsorship up until now.

F1boat
20th January 2010, 22:10
To me it looks extremely cool!

Josti
20th January 2010, 22:11

Agree too, a Ferrari should be as red as possible. Reminds me of the Vodafone livery back in 2002 I think.

Could be worse though.

F1boat
20th January 2010, 22:13
Agree too, a Ferrari should be as red as possible. Reminds me of the Vodafone livery back in 2002 I think.

That's why I like it. Ahh, that amazing year...

K-Pu
20th January 2010, 22:46
Nice, not bad... It still looks as a Ferrari. Imagine if Santander forced them to put a white stripe and that car looked like the 1993´s... "The Dallaroid"

Rollo
20th January 2010, 23:39
If they had a black rear wing with either white or iridescent red-orange as the colour of the sponsor, would that look out of place? Ferrari had for quite a long time, black rear wings in the past.

jonny hurlock
20th January 2010, 23:46
more like back to 2002-06 with the ferrari livery, too many stickers around the tub imo

N. Jones
21st January 2010, 00:11
I like the look.

wedge
21st January 2010, 00:15
Livery resembles GP2 car/junior formulae

It's going to take some getting used to. Even the Marlboro barcode was iconic

Ranger
21st January 2010, 03:46
They should go retro. Replace the white with black.

http://www.stoth.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/e8019_web580_ff09_r101_01.jpg

Hawkmoon
21st January 2010, 07:31

http://www.stoth.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/e8019_web580_ff09_r101_01.jpg

Yes please! The definitive Ferrari livery of the modern era as far as I'm concerned!

I can't say I like that Santander rear wing. Not at all. Lose the white. I was never a fan of the Vodafone livery and this is worse.

555-04Q2
21st January 2010, 09:48
Hate the design. Looks a bit like a Toyota :(

555-04Q2
21st January 2010, 09:50

Thanks for the pick mate. Forgot how beautiful F1 cars used to be.

Donney
21st January 2010, 10:47
I like because it reminds me of the old Marlboro livery, but maybe it's a little bit too much white. I'll get used to it and being a fan of the Scuderia I am going to like it anyway.

Viktory
21st January 2010, 11:32
It might not be a photoshop. Alonso apparently ran the 2009 car with an updated livery for filming purposes. Check the last paragraph in this article:

http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/7102.html

Ranger
21st January 2010, 12:10
Confirmed:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81002

Pulidor
21st January 2010, 12:27
Good catch Viktory!

Now, this is starting to be embarrasing. Sure, teams are not allowed to test a lot, but Ferrari (and it is always Ferrari) gets a shakedown here and there all the time. Ok, no high speeds are reached (or thats what they say....), but still.
Samples: Massa with the excuse of the medical check (how many times did he check? I guess that if you are fit the first time, you are the second!), Rossi fooling around (this is, to me, incredible), some youngsters in tests (ok, like the rest of the teams), Schumacher testing his neck last year, some exhibitions here and there (Valencians have seen in the last 2 years more Ferrari F1 cars than and old war veteran from Silverstone), then you have the spots, where their new starlet is allowed to run the 2009 car....
Not to mention the use of Fiorano. Shouldn't that be regulated too? Sure it is a private track, but I guess it's still under control of FIA regulations, isn't it?

Can any of you assure me that Ferrari is not using this events to gather data? e.g: monitoring the engine, how temperatures disipate at slow speed, even test new or old wing modifications, wheels, or just the way the team works, coordinates the way the car gets in or out their box.
Even if it is minimal information, they still have these chances to gather it, whereas the rest of the teams only can simulate, pray, or... whatever they can do. But Ferrari is always on track. One way or the other, and that pisses mi off.

As I said, embarrasing. :(
And now that we have the French dwarf ruling FIA.....pfffffffff :|

Dr. Krogshöj
21st January 2010, 13:15
Good catch Viktory!

Now, this is starting to be embarrasing. Sure, teams are not allowed to test a lot, but Ferrari (and it is always Ferrari) gets a shakedown here and there all the time. Ok, no high speeds are reached (or thats what they say....), but still.
Samples: Massa with the excuse of the medical check (how many times did he check? I guess that if you are fit the first time, you are the second!), Rossi fooling around (this is, to me, incredible), some youngsters in tests (ok, like the rest of the teams), Schumacher testing his neck last year, some exhibitions here and there (Valencians have seen in the last 2 years more Ferrari F1 cars than and old war veteran from Silverstone), then you have the spots, where their new starlet is allowed to run the 2009 car....
Not to mention the use of Fiorano. Shouldn't that be regulated too? Sure it is a private track, but I guess it's still under control of FIA regulations, isn't it?

Can any of you assure me that Ferrari is not using this events to gather data? e.g: monitoring the engine, how temperatures disipate at slow speed, even test new or old wing modifications, wheels, or just the way the team works, coordinates the way the car gets in or out their box.
Even if it is minimal information, they still have these chances to gather it, whereas the rest of the teams only can simulate, pray, or... whatever they can do. But Ferrari is always on track. One way or the other, and that pisses mi off.

As I said, embarrasing. :(
And now that we have the French dwarf ruling FIA.....pfffffffff :|

The Sporting Regulations, as you are surely aware, clearly state that "promotional or demonstration events carried out using tyres provided specifically for this purpose by the appointed supplier" are exempt from the testing rules.

As for Massa's tests, there is no rule that prevents other teams from using a third-party organization, like F1 Clienti, to put their old cars on track with demo tyres. As for Alonso's test, other teams also shoot commercials on track. How do you think the Vodafone or Allianz commercials are made?

The only team the "French dwarf" was lenient towards is US F1. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80805
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80776

wedge
21st January 2010, 13:28
I must admit this is the livery I visualise when I think of Ferrari... Good old Scuderia Red with Black wings..Retro gets my vote.. :D

Not sure Santander will be happy with black

wedge
21st January 2010, 15:04
Seriously though, the Santander logo on the Mclaren car uses White text on a Red background. Knowing Ferrari is red, why on earth have they chosen to base it with white as the block colour??? Seems strange that Ferrari went with this IMO.. :)

Marlboro???

JRodrigues
21st January 2010, 15:58
They could always spend millions changing their corporate identity just to satisfy the millions of F1 fans who think their colour scheme stinks.. :p

Seriously though, the Santander logo on the Mclaren car uses White text on a Red background. Knowing Ferrari is red, why on earth have they chosen to base it with white as the block colour??? Seems strange that Ferrari went with this IMO.. :)

Because they can (€€€€€) They already bought a driver's seat, so they can buy the color scheme as well...

Mark
21st January 2010, 16:40
Because they can (€€€€€) They already bought a driver's seat, so they can buy the color scheme as well...

Indeed Ferrari stands out as the only team where you can't buy the entire colour scheme!

gloomyDAY
21st January 2010, 17:27
Hate the design. Looks a bit like a Toyota :( I thought the livery was reminiscent of Toyota as well. Let's see if they can do better than Toyota in terms of performance.

Dzeidzei
21st January 2010, 18:59
I thought the livery was reminiscent of Toyota as well. Let's see if they can do better than Toyota in terms of performance.

I think its just plain ugly. Stick to the red, please... but money talks and so on.

Cant wait for the new Merc. It'll be the most beautiful livery. And who knows what the new teams will come up with.

nigelred5
21st January 2010, 20:58
Could go back to the 70's style livery where the entire area of the car above the sidepods as well as the wings were white

Big Ben
21st January 2010, 21:22
I think its just plain ugly. Stick to the red, please... but money talks and so on.

Cant wait for the new Merc. It'll be the most beautiful livery. And who knows what the new teams will come up with.

Me too. I hope it will be something like McLaren used to have before they decided to paint them like mirrors.

I think the Ferrari looks nice but I would have preferred more red. I really liked that darker red they used at Monaco (IIRC) a few years ago.

Somebody
21st January 2010, 21:43
This. Santander are currently rebranding all the Abbey and Bradford & Bingley banks in the UK to their own name, and even those Abbeys (which had already adopted the Santander colours, insignia and typeface) which had red text now have white text on red.

I can only presume that they thought white-on-red wouldn't get noticed on a Ferrari...

truefan72
22nd January 2010, 00:40
lets see when the actual livery gets revealed. rather than an entire thread based on someone's photoshoped image

gloomyDAY
22nd January 2010, 04:23
lets see when the actual livery gets revealed. rather than an entire thread based on someone's photoshoped imageThis is the livery on Alonso's test car. Not a fodochop!

22nd January 2010, 11:15
I must admit this is the livery I visualise when I think of Ferrari... Good old Scuderia Red with Black wings..Retro gets my vote.. :D

Except that real retro would be.....

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/images/donnington/ferrari312t-2%2520%28Large%29.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/donington_grand_prix_collection.htm&usg=__fpXIZkDwqD1q9_Pan2uHqlvV-PM=&h=768&w=1024&sz=103&hl=en&start=21&tbnid=PftdfSZNLdFqGM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dferrari%2B312T2%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%2 6safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Which actually makes the latest livery not far off.

22nd January 2010, 11:25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_312T

Plenty of white on those...

truefan72
22nd January 2010, 22:03
This is the livery on Alonso's test car. Not a fodochop!

Have you read through the thread by any chance? This isn't a photoshopped image, its a photo taken from the new Santander advert.. ;)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81002

ok got it ;)

don't like it though , too much white, on the wings both front and back,which seems distracting.

then again the 2006 Ferrari looked similar

Dr. Krogshöj
23rd January 2010, 12:47
What really puzzles me is that Santander's corporate logo has white letters on a red background. Why do they want to revert that? ING went to great lenghts to put its logo on the Renault car without modifications (orange and navy blue on a white background).

52Paddy
23rd January 2010, 19:18
I love the livery. I really do. I never found Ferrari's full red colours strikingly appealing by the millennium. Up to that, I could deal with their full red cars - I suppose because the cars looked decent too. Love the 1995 Ferrari! But, now with the cars looking a bit sick, I welcome this new livery :) :up:

Giuseppe F1
24th January 2010, 15:34
Ferrari to use overalls with printed logos instead of stitched ones as they weigh less. Wonder how they'll look after a race under belts

nigelred5
24th January 2010, 16:51
Some of the new inks used to silk screen are actually more like dies. They set into the fabric and don't crack peel or fade like the traditional silk screen inks.

jens
24th January 2010, 18:35
I agree with those views that a dark red car with black wings should reflect the true Ferrari spirit properly. This red and white mix just creates an image of a "soft Ferrari". Well, Domenicali sure isn't the most charismatic team principal, so there is a bit of a relevance. :p :

Big Ben
24th January 2010, 22:09
Ferrari to use overalls with printed logos instead of stitched ones as they weigh less. Wonder how they'll look after a race under belts

Is this for real? Sweet Jesus! I wonder if they are ever going to make some changes so that the weight of the drivers will become less important (I don´t dare say irrelevant)... Well.. I can understand the weight factor but I think it´s a shame one might have problems becoming an f1 driver just because he´s tall... If my hypotetical son proves to be an outstanding talent what should I do? give him cigarettes so he wouldn´t get to my 1.90 m? I think it´s just preposterous that such small details are relevant... something is just wrong.