PDA

View Full Version : Counterfit Gold found - Bank of England & Ft Knox

SportscarBruce
19th January 2010, 08:41
This is just plain disturbing. Story dated 12 Jan 2010 from the Pakistan Daily*

A recent discovery — in October of 2009 — has been suppressed by the main stream media but has been circulating among the “big money” brokers and financial kingpins and is just now being revealed to the public. It involves the gold in Fort Knox — the US Treasury gold — that is the equity of our national wealth. In short, millions (with an “m”) of gold bars are fake!

Who did this? Apparently our own government.

Background
In October of 2009 the Chinese received a shipment of gold bars. Gold is regularly exchanges between countries to pay debts and to settle the so-called balance of trade. Most gold is exchanged and stored in vaults under the supervision of a special organization based in London, the London Bullion Market Association (or LBMA). When the shipment was received, the Chinese government asked that special tests be performed to guarantee the purity and weight of the gold bars. In this test, four small holed are drilled into the gold bars and the metal is then analyzed.

Officials were shocked to learn that the bars were fake. They contained cores of tungsten with only a outer coating of real gold. What’s more, these gold bars, containing serial numbers for tracking, originated in the US and had been stored in Fort Knox for years. There were reportedly between 5,600 to 5,700 bars, weighing 400 oz. each, in the shipment!

http://www.daily.pk/fake-gold-bars-in-bank-of-england-and-fort-knox-14477/

*nowadays it seems the only journalistic organs of record either capable or willing to hold the financially and politically powerful accountable are Pakistan Daily and Rolling Stone :rolleyes:

Powered by Cosworth
19th January 2010, 09:10
Maybe the fake bars were exchanged with real ones for security reasons (ie a robbery in transit or something like that) and they got mixed up or never re-exchanged.

Hondo
19th January 2010, 09:16
I would keep a straight face and insist that the heat of the drilling process somehow transformed the gold to tungsten. In addition, since the work was performed at an unauthorized service site, I would refuse any return of or any warranty on the product. Once you pull away from the drive up window, the gold is your's buddy. Sorry.

Actually, the story sounds like crap to me. The USA and most nations haven't been on the gold standard for decades. Our currency is backed by nothing more than the "full faith and credit" of the United States Government.

I have large doubts as to the actual, modern value of gold. I'm aware of the tradition and all but things only have value if others value them. If you were in the right part of Haiti right now you'd trade a pound of gold for a couple of cheeseburgers with fries. You can't eat gold, can't drink gold, and can't use gold in the petrol tank to get you the hell out of Dodge.

SportscarBruce
19th January 2010, 10:58
The original source of the story;

http://www.viewzone.com/fakegold.html

Dave B
19th January 2010, 16:06
Send it off in an insured bag to those people who buy any gold! :p

Daniel
19th January 2010, 17:47
Hmmm I don't see any reputable sites reporting this "news"

Mark in Oshawa
19th January 2010, 18:22
It will be a fraud remarked upon on Snopes in a week......

Mark
20th January 2010, 08:11
It will be a fraud remarked upon on Snopes in a week......

I did look at Snopes, but it bears all the hallmarks (pun intended!) of such a thing.

schmenke
20th January 2010, 19:41
If it is a true story it would be priceless...

Hazell B
20th January 2010, 19:56
Hmmm I don't see any reputable sites reporting this "news"

Me neither, but then again 'reputable' sites don't report anything that they are told not to these days.

Even the BBC didn't report a fairly major few bits of news this past year that was government related, or they gave it a few words only.

Daniel
20th January 2010, 20:04
Me neither, but then again 'reputable' sites don't report anything that they are told not to these days.

Even the BBC didn't report a fairly major few bits of news this past year that was government related, or they gave it a few words only.
Of course, there are also cases where reputable sites delay coverage as well to suit their own motives but I don't see this as being one of them.

Easy Drifter
20th January 2010, 20:30
For those who believe this I have some lovely waterfront ppty for sale on/in the Bay of Fundy. It only gets wet twice a day. :eek:

Jag_Warrior
20th January 2010, 21:07
Whenever I think about gold bars, I always think about the classic Twilight Zone episode:
The Rip Van Winkle Caper (http://www.veoh.com/collection/CBS-The-Twilight-Zone/watch/v18438529ThS7cnJm#)

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 21:40
Well this is the latest football to kick about over here. The Toronto media's top Radio sports guy is having a blast with this one...and some of us wonder how serious they really are...but it isn't April Fools either?

Here is a Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/20/2010-01-20_allamerican_basketball_league_creates_racial_co ntrovery_with_call_for_allwhite_a.html