According to Jimmy Spencer.

Sounds really dumb to me

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-good-old-fashioned-brawls/

Mark in Oshawa
19th January 2010, 03:16
According to Jimmy Spencer.

Sounds really dumb to me

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-good-old-fashioned-brawls/

There is a reason most people don't let Jimmy loose amongst decent people.....

Sparky1329
19th January 2010, 05:43
Back in the early days of NASCAR guys like Jimmy Spencer were the norm rather than the exception. Jimmy's dad and another local racer who was his rival could always be counted on to provide an extra-curricular "show" following a race at the local 1/3 mile asphalt track in my neck of the woods. None of that is acceptable anymore.

The sport will never return to the days of the good old boys taking a swipe at each other because there's too much at stake in terms of sponsorship and image. Gentlemen don't behave that way and nothing was truly settled by a brawl anyway. Drivers manage to find ways to make their point within the confines of decorum. I'm pretty sure Jimmy doesn't know the definition of that word.

call_me_andrew
19th January 2010, 07:06
I think I may be dumber for having read that.

beachgirl
19th January 2010, 12:03
I think I may be dumber for having read that.

ROFL!!!

Mark in Oshawa
19th January 2010, 16:44
Jimmy I bet though must love fights in hockey. Much of the same mentality still plagues my favourite winter sport, and 90% of is so pointless. In NASCAR, where every car is a lethal weapon, we cant have people thinking retribution as a hobby is a good idea.

call_me_andrew
20th January 2010, 03:44
I don't mind a hockey fight because I can understand the strategy involved in a hockey fight. If my goon lures Sidney Crosby into the penalty box for 5 minutes, then I don't have to worry about giving up another goal.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 22:55
I don't mind a hockey fight because I can understand the strategy involved in a hockey fight. If my goon lures Sidney Crosby into the penalty box for 5 minutes, then I don't have to worry about giving up another goal.

A hockey fight should be borne out of anger for a supposed cheap shot. Anything else is a side show and really is stupidity on skates.

Hoss Ghoul
22nd January 2010, 04:13
I can't be bothered to read Spencer, he's an idiot.

But, I'm not gonna lie, enjoyed his punching Kurt Busch in the face.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd January 2010, 05:59
I can't be bothered to read Spencer, he's an idiot.

But, I'm not gonna lie, enjoyed his punching Kurt Busch in the face.

It was a guilty pleasure wasn't it? You notice how much better behaved Kurt has been since then? Other than getting on the wrong side of that sheriff down in Arizona, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.....lol..

Jag_Warrior
25th January 2010, 03:02
Jimmy's problem is that squirrel he's got glued to the top of his head sometimes does his thinking for him.

The very reason that many people give for not watching the NBA and the NFL these days ("Thug Life"), ol' Jimmy wants NASCAR to do more of that. Shutup, Jimmy!

ms0362
4th February 2010, 01:27
I'm not sure I can handle another season of Spencer. So nice to have a DVR.