PDA

View Full Version : Adapta Wrt

Sulland
17th January 2010, 11:03
Adapta and Mads Østberg have given up getting the Subaru S14 a competitive WRCar. They spent all of 2009 to do that by changing and adapting all parts they could, but had the same experience as Petter, they could not get it to be as fast and stable as it had to be to challenge for wins, so they gave up.

The plan for 2010 is to do Sweden in a Subaru S12B, and then start working for a alternate solution for 2010. Now it looks like they will aim for SWRC in 2010, since they see that they can not get a car from either Ford or Citroen.

He will start the process to chase a S2000 car, and have that ready for Jordan.
Adapta will probably follow Mikkelsens process in deciding btw Skoda and Ford.

I guess they will do some testing to figure it out, will be interesting to see if they land on the same conclusion as Mikkelsen !

Tomi
17th January 2010, 11:17
Adapta and Mads Østberg have given up getting the Subaru S14 a competitive WRCar. They spent all of 2009 to do that by changing and adapting all parts they could

Any figures how much test he did, days? Just to compaire.

JFL
17th January 2010, 13:45
A lot of wasted time and money anyways.. Turns out that Petter told the truth..
Or maybe he was just complaining??? ;)

Francis44
17th January 2010, 13:53
Is he planning to buy a new car????

JFL
17th January 2010, 13:59
look at first post ;)

serial jeff
17th January 2010, 14:51
Turns out that Petter told the truth..

I thought we all realized that when he hopped into the xsara and beat Dani in Cyprus?

JFL
17th January 2010, 14:53
not everybody.. ;)

gloomyDAY
17th January 2010, 16:16
Yeah, the S12 and the S14 chassis are just rubbish.
Subaru probably realized that problem and finally decided to quit.

If Ostberg joins the S2K series, then I'm set to watch!

not everybody.. ;) Exactly.

Apparently, those of us that stood by Petter were blind.

In reality, those who stood against Petter are stupid. :D

Tomi
17th January 2010, 16:24
A bit of contraversial imformation about the car, Ketomaa did test it in Norway with Adapta and Prodrive a few months ago, he said that they got it much better, for the first time it was faster than the older version.

JFL
17th January 2010, 16:26
Mads did'nt think so in his last interview during the norwegian round.. Maybe S14 is faster but the older models are easier to drive..? ..
(For the scandiavian forumers that understand norwegian. Mads is talking about it here from 11.50min and further.. http://www.injection.no/ )

gravelman
17th January 2010, 17:45
A bit of contraversial imformation about the car, Ketomaa did test it in Norway with Adapta and Prodrive a few months ago, he said that they got it much better, for the first time it was faster than the older version.

Apologies, but do you mean s12 quicker than s14 or vice versa?

DonJippo
17th January 2010, 18:01
Apologies, but do you mean s12 quicker than s14 or vice versa?

Vice versa.

Sulland
17th January 2010, 19:20
Mads did'nt think so in his last interview during the norwegian round.. Maybe S14 is faster but the older models are easier to drive..? ..
(For the scandiavian forumers that understand norwegian. Mads is talking about it here from 11.50min and further.. http://www.injection.no/ )

Yes, the S12B is more stable and predictable. That was the big issue with the S14, you never knew what it was going to do, and it kept doing strange things as a response to setup changes.
But as far as I understood, Mads likes the S10 best when it comes to drivability !

If ADAPTA was to try to get hold of a S2000 car today - what cars can they get hold of as of today, and lets say 1 month from now ?
Are there teams with openings for the SWRC series ?

ProRally
18th January 2010, 03:28
Yes, the S12B is more stable and predictable. That was the big issue with the S14, you never knew what it was going to do, and it kept doing strange things as a response to setup changes.
But as far as I understood, Mads likes the S10 best when it comes to drivability !

If ADAPTA was to try to get hold of a S2000 car today - what cars can they get hold of as of today, and lets say 1 month from now ?
Are there teams with openings for the SWRC series ?

Several 207S2000 for sale, even with good spare parts package, and also Skoda Fabia S2000 for rent at several teams....

So if they really want they can do it....

RS
18th January 2010, 11:29
Is Ostberg actually any good?

He seems to be rated quite high on here but the only thing I can remember is how slow he was in Sweden last year, was that sabotage thing ever proved?

Maybe he should have taken a Fabia WRC and not the Impreza. PG Andersson and Mikkelsen were both quite fast with it last year :)

Iskald
18th January 2010, 19:27

He seems to be rated quite high on here but the only thing I can remember is how slow he was in Sweden last year, was that sabotage thing ever proved?

Maybe he should have taken a Fabia WRC and not the Impreza. PG Andersson and Mikkelsen were both quite fast with it last year :)

If you think Mikkelsen is good, then you have to rate Mads Øsberg as good too. They were very evenly matched during the 2008 Norwegian championship, Østberg in a Impreza S12B and Mikkelsen in 07 Focus. They are quite different in driving styles, Mads Østberg always looks like he is more on a rough edge. But he has stunning car control and lots of "heart" in his driving. 2009 was a disaster in the Impreza S14. Just like Petter Solberg he totally lost confidence in the car. Get him a car he feels comfortable with and he is a man for the future. Remember he is still not more than 22 years of age.

Sulland
18th January 2010, 19:46
If you think Mikkelsen is good, then you have to rate Mads Øsberg as good too. They were very evenly matched during the 2008 Norwegian championship, Østberg in a Impreza S12B and Mikkelsen in 07 Focus. They are quite different in driving styles, Mads Østberg always looks like he is more on a rough edge. But he has stunning car control and lots of "heart" in his driving. 2009 was a disaster in the Impreza S14. Just like Petter Solberg he totally lost confidence in the car. Get him a car he feels comfortable with and he is a man for the future. Remember he is still not more than 22 years of age.

Spot on Iskald !

Iskald
18th January 2010, 20:41
How come none of the dutch complained about their S14's?

And how fast were they? World class dutch rally drivers, eh.... ;)

userwave
18th January 2010, 21:20
the impreza's are just not competitive anymore.

it's that simple.

Langdale Forest
18th January 2010, 21:27
Adapta and Mads Østberg have given up getting the Subaru S14 a competitive WRCar.

If Subaru could not make the S14 a competitive car, Adapta had no chance.

306 Cosworth
18th January 2010, 22:01

Yes Mads is very quick, but I think he's in the same position as Matt Wilson and Mikkelsen.

Both quicker than their country and any other countries national drivers but not quick enough to challenge for WRC podiums.

Look at Mads times from the 2009 Cambrian Rally where he was up against some of the UK best national drivers in WRC cars

http://www.btrdarally.com/results/2009_8/1/stage/1.asp

Krigen
19th January 2010, 01:28
Yes Mads is very quick, but I think he's in the same position as Matt Wilson and Mikkelsen.

Both quicker than their country and any other countries national drivers but not quick enough to challenge for WRC podiums.

Look at Mads times from the 2009 Cambrian Rally where he was up against some of the UK best national drivers in WRC cars

http://www.btrdarally.com/results/2009_8/1/stage/1.asp

Mads and Mikkelsen are much better than Wilson.. Especially Mikkelsen..

Langdale Forest
19th January 2010, 07:31
Almost everyone is better than Wilson. lol :D

RS
19th January 2010, 09:22
Yes, I am sure there are quicker drivers than Wilson even from Britain!

Sulland
19th January 2010, 11:19
Yes, I am sure there are quicker drivers than Wilson even from Britain!

Wilson should call Grønholm and ask him for a coaching program !
He is getting better, but as some wrote, he is blipping both the power pedal, and steering to much to get the real flow you need to be fast !

If your dad had a rally team and offered you a seat, would not you take it, and enjoy the ride ? I would. Give him a break. He will maybe never be world champ, but enjoys it - let him !

RS
19th January 2010, 16:06
Wilson should call Grønholm and ask him for a coaching program !
He is getting better, but as some wrote, he is blipping both the power pedal, and steering to much to get the real flow you need to be fast !

If your dad had a rally team and offered you a seat, would not you take it, and enjoy the ride ? I would. Give him a break. He will maybe never be world champ, but enjoys it - let him !

I don't disagree with any of that (in fact it was me that mentioned the blipping thing before) but I can't agree that Wilson is in the same class as Mikkelsen or that he is the best Britain can offer.

cut the b.s.
19th January 2010, 17:09
I don't disagree with any of that (in fact it was me that mentioned the blipping thing before) but I can't agree that Wilson is in the same class as Mikkelsen or that he is the best Britain can offer.

He is the best rally driver from Britian that has been able to raise the funds to do WRC, and his times may not be spectacular but some of his driving is

Sulland
19th January 2010, 17:39
Back to the thread, I think Mads will do very well in the right car, being in WRC or SWRC. He is a very entertaining driver to watch. Hope he can get the Subaru to work 100% in Sweden, then he will do good times, just watch !

gravelman
19th January 2010, 18:20
maybe Wilson is going to be stepping down to the BRC? Perhaps this Stobart and budget issues are a smokescreen? The move down might let him rebuild his confidence, and maybe remind himm how to be agressive and competitve

Simmi
19th January 2010, 18:24
maybe Wilson is going to be stepping down to the BRC? Perhaps this Stobart and budget issues are a smokescreen? The move down might let him rebuild his confidence, and maybe remind himm how to be agressive and competitve

Yeah I've said for a while he would be better stepping down. Learn what it is like to compete for wins again.

MJW
19th January 2010, 19:39

Sorry to hijack the Adapta thread, but where has it been suggested that Matt Wilson may be stepping down from WRC?

gravelman
19th January 2010, 23:16
Just my reading between the lines of his work developing the Fiesta s2000 and the MN report on there no longer being a Stobart entry, making a works Matt Wilson entry less likely in all 16 rounds with a Focus. Just my interpretation...

Back on the thread though. Ostberg is very fast, butwere there any unofficial times from the Cambrian Rally against Mikko, even though Mikko wasnt competing officialy

noel157
19th January 2010, 23:47
He is the best rally driver from Britian that has been able to raise the funds to do WRC, and his times may not be spectacular but some of his driving is

Be interesting to see if any of the S2Ks get near him (or past him) in Sweden and other rallies.

Viking
21st January 2010, 11:18
"The homologated diffs for the Subaru WRC2008 do not suit my preferences on slippery winter roads", explained Mads. “I have inherited a package of diffs, I did not have any possibility to influence the package and the regulations stop us from making new alternatives. Therefore I have decided to use the 12b in Sweden. I am aware that many doubted if this car was competitive with Ford and Citroen already in 2007. On paper that is possibly correct, a car built in 2006 is obviously a 'veteran car' in this game in 2010. But I like the S12, I am motivated to use it in Sweden and I will do all I can to perform well with it.”

http://www.wrc.com

grugsticles
21st January 2010, 13:00
Ive never really payed a lot of attention to Ostberg but I have noticed his name here and there so I got a shock today when I realised he was only 22!

Can someone tell me what he does to fund his rally program?

mm1
21st January 2010, 14:11
I think he does beeing a son :)

Koppomsbo
21st January 2010, 14:28
Ive never really payed a lot of attention to Ostberg but I have noticed his name here and there so I got a shock today when I realised he was only 22!

Can someone tell me what he does to fund his rally program?

Adapta is his fathers company ;)

Iskald
21st January 2010, 14:49
Adapta is his fathers company ;)

Correct, but no need for a wink because Mads is nothing like a "rich fathers boy". His father, Morten, was quite a fast rallydriver himself. During 2000/2001 he was many times the driver who was closest to Henning Solberg in the Norwegian championship. Mads actually started his career as a codriver for his father, when he was 15 years old. Then he drove junior rally class in Sweden, before he debuted in a WRC car in Lausitz Rally in Germany october 2005. After the first evening 18 year old Mads led the rally overall, in front of manytimes german champion Mattias Kahle, and the German media and spectators were stunned...

Mads is a very nice guy, not in any way a spoiled brat. He is talented, fast, tough and brave. He is very close to Andreas Mikkelsen when it comes to speed. And he is still only 22 years.

mm1
21st January 2010, 18:54
Along with Mikelsen they both have talent and money, and that`s the only way up in this sport, appart from loads of money, of course :)

306 Cosworth
21st January 2010, 22:02
Mads also speaks fantastic English as we found out when we interviewed him when he did the Cambrian Rally. Certainly very easy to talk to and a nice guy :D

grugsticles
22nd January 2010, 04:56
Well, Mads might be a driver I should pay more attention to in the future!

Possible world champ in the making? or more of close but not quite type of driver?

Iskald
22nd January 2010, 09:40
Well, Mads might be a driver I should pay more attention to in the future!

Possible world champ in the making? or more of close but not quite type of driver?

Impossible to know where he is going to end up, as is the case with all talents...
Funny thing is that last season, struggling terribly with the S14, his talent became lost for the public. We who have seen him in WRC-cars since 2005, and observed the battle against Andreas Mikkelsen in likewise machinery, know that Mads is very good.
Btw. he has also lucky with the girls. His girlfriend is the "lovely Veronica" Engan. She is herself an accomplished codriver, and this season she is codriving Anders Grøndal in the Subaru Impreza WRC S10. So she is competing directly with Mads in the Norwegian championship, but everything is calm and well on the "homefront", according to wellinformed sources!

Sulland
17th February 2010, 08:27
Adapta Has options: http://translate.google.no/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.norsk-rally.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26vie w%3Darticle%26id%3D6747%3Apressemelding-fra-adapta-world-rally-team&sl=no&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

alleskids
17th February 2010, 08:55
Mats got an offer from a new manufacturer (other then Subaru) to do 7 WRC rallies (just the amount for the SWRC) with the support from the national importer. Skoda Norway already supports Brynildsen, so Ford Norway ....? Peugeot Norway...? Proton Norway? :-)

Viking
17th February 2010, 09:00
Mats got an offer from a new manufacturer (other then Subaru) to do 7 WRC rallies (just the amount for the SWRC) with the support from the national importer. Skoda Norway already supports Brynildsen, so Ford Norway ....? Peugeot Norway...? Proton Norway? :-)

No Proton in Norway :)

Iskald
17th February 2010, 10:08

Peugeot isn`t a bad guess, as they are currently not active with any driver in the S-WRC.
In Norway Peugeot/Mercedes is a big and resourceful importer, and they have earlier been involved in rallying through the domestic Peugeot 206 Super Cup. Ford Norway has all the history and traditions, but the people currently working there could just as well sell refrigerators...

Koppomsbo
17th February 2010, 11:30
Dont forget about the famous car manufacturer Troll from Norway :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Troll_1956.JPG

alleskids
19th February 2010, 20:54
Peugeot isn`t a bad guess, as they are currently not active with any driver in the S-WRC.
In Norway Peugeot/Mercedes is a big and resourceful importer, and they have earlier been involved in rallying through the domestic Peugeot 206 Super Cup. Ford Norway has all the history and traditions, but the people currently working there could just as well sell refrigerators...

PSA keeps develloping the Peugeot 207 S2000 with new stuff from the Citroen DS3WRC
Quesnel, "We will use the buffers developed for Citroen and maybe the engine. We will do everything possible so that the Peugeot is competitive, we want the car to be won. "

alleskids
19th February 2010, 21:04
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/ostberg_stakes_claim_to_mini_adventure/
Mads is linked to Prodrive/BMW/Mini for next year

Sulland
18th March 2010, 08:35
Speculations on the Rally Radio in Norway that Mads is moving towards a Pug 207 for SWRC in 2010. No rumors on if ADAPTA is buying a car to run themselves, or renting a car.

Have anyone heard more on this ?

Pinto
18th March 2010, 22:31
he had to leave mayo after 5 stages as he was flying out to france to test a 207 on monday

eppel
19th March 2010, 10:37
Yes, thats true! According to rallynm.no he tested the 207 for two whole days. They are thinking of using a 207 in 2010 to learn more about the S2000-cars and to become a satellite for BMW/Mini/Prodrive in 2011.

Viking
19th March 2010, 12:48
Looks like he is testing the codriver seat also, I have seen that driver somewhere hmm... ;)

http://www.rallynm.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=300:mads-testet-med-loeb-&catid=1:latest&Itemid=131

Sulland
19th March 2010, 22:05
In english: http://www.rallybuzz.com/ostberg-peugeot-test-france/

Hope he get a 207 program together. The Subaru trail is a blind alley !

Sulland
24th March 2010, 21:47
No deal for Mads: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.norsk-rally.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26vie w%3Darticle%26id%3D6822%3Afortsatt-wrc-for-mads-ostberg&sl=no&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Sulland
10th October 2010, 22:08
In a press release Mr Østberg says that he plans to run a full season in 2011, and that Adapta might run 1 or 2 cars in SWRC - that pretty much rules out Mini since they are not ready for Sweden.

Ford then ?

VFTS
10th October 2010, 22:25
In a press release Mr Østberg says that he plans to run a full season in 2011, and that Adapta might run 1 or 2 cars in SWRC - that pretty much rules out Mini since they are not ready for Sweden.

Ford then ?

Source?

bennizw
10th October 2010, 23:00
Press release?

Viking
10th October 2010, 23:23
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.norsk-rally.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26vie w%3Darticle%26id%3D7273%3Apressemelding-fra-mads-ostberg-og-jonas-andersson-og-adapta-world-rally-team

jacko
11th October 2010, 10:43

Ford then ?

Mini is ready for Sweden, it's possible a privat team (like Adapta) could run the Mini WRC by then already.
Only the official team with Meeke and? will drive only 7 rounds and will miss the first rounds + overseas for sure.
It's said by a spokesman itself after the first big test in portugal.

Sulland
11th October 2010, 13:38
But Mini does not have a S2000 car do they ?
Since SWRC will use 2000 NA engines in 2011, will they not ?

So they expect to have the MINI WRC homologated by Sweden then, interessting !

I am evil Homer
11th October 2010, 13:57
I'm sure the team is saying that...Prodrive are saying something very different. And they won't give their car to priavte team before they use it.

alleskids
11th October 2010, 15:44
I am reading that Mads wil drive one of the new WRCars (DS3, Fiesta, Mini), but maybe not a full season, depending on several reasons (sponsors?) and the SWRC will employ 1 or 2 cars form the same car brand as the car he drives in the new WRC. Prodrive-Mini has no S2000 car, Citroen has also non...
so Mads Ostberg will drive a Ford Fiesta WRcar and the Adapta team wil have 2x Ford Fiesta S20000.
mystery solved :)

Mirek
11th October 2010, 18:03
But Mini does not have a S2000 car do they ?
Since SWRC will use 2000 NA engines in 2011, will they not ?

True, they don't have 2.0 S2000 car and never will have.

Sulland
15th November 2010, 21:47
Congratulations to Mads and Jonas, and Adapta WRT for a good car choice, and as it seem a good business deal with M-Sport.

Finally in a car that has not lost before the first SS ! Mini could have been more of the same, before it is sorted out.
Looking forward to Sweden !

http://madsostberg.com/index.php/nyheter/239-mads-kjorer-ford-wrc-neste-sesong

jonas_mcrae
16th November 2010, 13:35
I also posted this in the rally GB forum, but I think it should be here as well.

I would like to thank and congratulate Mads Ostberg and Adapta for competing and finishing the rally with an Impreza WRC. Subaru was a big part of the wrc car era, and running in wales was a great way to say goodbye. FT56 SRT will go in the books as the last Subaru Impreza WRC to compete in a WRC event, thanks for the memories. And taking the idea from the Citroen team: Thank you Impreza!

OldF
16th November 2010, 15:50
Seems to be more than just a driving deal.

Sulland
28th December 2010, 14:30
Adapta has taken delivery of their first Ford, a Fiesta S2000 that will be used by Mads in NM (Norwegian Championship).

He will use the car for the first time at Sigdalsrally on 15 Jan.

It was strange he said to see the first Ford in the garage, that had had Subarus in it since he started rallying.

Sulland
12th January 2011, 11:24
Mads has started his Ford Life, and is testing his S2000 Fiesta on snow.
Pics: http://madsostberg.no/index.php/blog

Will do 1st round in the Norwegian Championship, Sigdalsrally on 15 jan:
Info here: http://www.sigdalsrally.no/
Follow results here: http://www.sigdalsrally.no/resultater2/6

GigiGalliNo1
12th January 2011, 11:42
There will be No Adapta WRT

http://wrc.com/news/revamp-for-m-sports-wrc-team-entry/?fid=14026

Sulland
12th January 2011, 22:13
He is driving for Adapta in the norwegian championship at least for now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-73H1kNYELo