PDA

View Full Version : Who will you support in 2010?

pettersolberg29
16th January 2010, 16:39
Thought I'd start this thread as it's successful in the F1 bit.

I know there has been a lot of Solberg fanboys, Petter haters, fans of Loeb and Mikko and those who follow a huge variety of drivers. But for 2010 who will you support in the world of rallying, in the WRC, IRC or any other rally championships?

For me it's definately Petter Solberg in the WRC. Supported him since '02 and won't let him down. I hope he doesn't let me down. Ogier is definately my second favourite and hope for a great season in 2010.
In the IRC I will follow Mikkelsen where I hope for a strong title challenge from him. In MC Sarrazin and Ogier will get my support.

What about you?

morganmilan
16th January 2010, 16:58
I will support Skoda guys at SWRC and IRC, and Gassner at PWRC. Don´t know who will be running at ERC yet...and for WRC title, well, Loeb ( I believe this one will be his last year). At MC, Skoda, of course...

Simmi
16th January 2010, 17:00
I tend to just support underdogs these days.

I used to actively support against Loeb a few years ago but nowadays I really dont mind. I can't begrudge him anything he earns his success. I'll definately root for Meeke in the IRC and also Wilks to a slightly lesser extent.

Would be nice for Kimi to do well I will be willing him on this year. Would be good if Petter could start to mix it for wins too. I also think Sordo deserves a win so those will be things I hope for this year.

Francis44
16th January 2010, 17:43
I think im going to support Kopecky, and Loeb in the WRC!!!!

Wim_Impreza
16th January 2010, 17:56
SWRC: Martin Prokop
PWRC: Hermann Gaßner jr.
JWRC: Thierry Neuville
IRC: Jan Kopecký, Juho Hänninen
ERC: No names are sure yet, only Luca Betti until now.
Italian Championship: Renato Travaglia

The real WRC isn't worth to follow in my opinion. National championships are much harder to predict and have more than 2 drivers fighting for the victory.

JFL
16th January 2010, 20:27
Conrad Rautenbach is my favourite...

pettersolberg29
16th January 2010, 20:30
Have you given up on posting seriously?

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 20:35
His signature says 'never give up' so i guess he has not given up posting serousley!

JFL
16th January 2010, 20:36
hehe, I tought the point in here was to post crap, and bash different drivers.. But seriosly my favourites are a secret... ;) Ok.. One of them is A. Mikkelsen.. ;)
And the reason for favourising mr. Mikkelsen is not only that he's a great talent, but also for trying to make it on his own in the rally world after his father stopped his moneyflow, and that he has been through the most tragic thing that could ever happen to a rallydriver.. And return with a bang.. Beating full gr.N cars and WRC cars in the Norwegian Championship.. RESPECT...

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 20:39
I guess you are no worse than me for posting nonsense!

Does anyone remember a big thread from 2008 - Make Conrad history?

urabus-denoS2000
16th January 2010, 20:48
IRC: Jan Kopecky
WRC: S.LoebSWRC: Martin Prokop
PWRC: Hermann Gaßner jr.
JWRC: don't care
C.I.R: Giandomenico Basso
TRA: Luca Pedersoli
Czech Championship: Vaclav Pech
Hungarian Championship: Tamas Turi

pettersolberg29
16th January 2010, 20:49
There you go JFL - I agree with you completely. Everyone needs help getting into rallying, but Andreas has sustained his career well. As for the accident and coming through it is amazing for such a young lad.

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 21:10
I will suport Hirvonen for the title and Latvala if he keeps it on the road for once.

morganmilan
16th January 2010, 21:38
Good news :D I see Gassner has many fans, great!!

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 21:40
Who is Gassner?

Allyc85
16th January 2010, 21:54
All the Ford drivers as always and Petter Solberg :D

gravelman
16th January 2010, 21:58
WRC: Hirvonen, Petter and Latvala
IRC: Meeke and Loix. Hating Wilks

Mikkelson for the SWRC rounds he does and IRC

morganmilan
16th January 2010, 22:56
Who is Gassner?
Really a rallyfan?

Camelopard
16th January 2010, 23:54
I'll support anything that isn't French! :)

Some people don't like drivers that pay for seats, I don't like companies that go crying to the government for a tax payer funded handout when they can't sell enough of their cars....... :)

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/europe/article5554586.ece

Tom206wrc
17th January 2010, 09:05
Loeb, Sordo, Ogier, Räikkönen and Solberg in WRC
Meeke, Wittmann, and Magalhaes in IRC season
Meeke, Sarrazin, Ogier in Monte-Carlo alone

:p :

Edit: also UCCI in CIR :cool:

EavesFan09
17th January 2010, 09:11
Thought I'd start this thread as it's successful in the F1 bit.

I know there has been a lot of Solberg fanboys, Petter haters, fans of Loeb and Mikko and those who follow a huge variety of drivers. But for 2010 who will you support in the world of rallying, in the WRC, IRC or any other rally championships?

For me it's definately Petter Solberg in the WRC. Supported him since '02 and won't let him down. I hope he doesn't let me down. Ogier is definately my second favourite and hope for a great season in 2010.
In the IRC I will follow Mikkelsen where I hope for a strong title challenge from him. In MC Sarrazin and Ogier will get my support.

What about you?

Who supports Mikko? :confused:

Brother John
17th January 2010, 09:50
Who supports Mikko? :confused:

I´l do!!! :s mokin:

Camelopard
17th January 2010, 09:55
I´l do!!! :s mokin:

Me too.

alexlake
17th January 2010, 10:07
i find rallying hard to choose one driver/car, football is easy, The Arsenal all the way. I like loeb, and petter, and the look of the C4. and Kimi was my fav in F1, so its going to be tough choice. car wise, it has to be the cool looking C4, and one of the three drvers, well, i will just support them all!

Buzz Lightyear
17th January 2010, 11:59

Some people don't like drivers that pay for seats, I don't like companies that go crying to the government for a tax payer funded handout when they can't sell enough of their cars....... :)

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/europe/article5554586.ece

If means keeping 30,000 people employeed, i think it's in the goverment interest. At least they make cars in France...

GigiGalliNo1
17th January 2010, 12:09
Good question... will have a think but if Loeb changed cars to S2000 like DS3 then he has my support.

Roy
17th January 2010, 13:25
WRC: Hirvonen, Latvala and Dutch Drivers
S-WRC: Prokop and Mikkelsen
J-WRC I hope drivers like Abbring and Weijs come back
P-WRC I don't follow

Allyc85
17th January 2010, 19:47
Me too.

me 3 :D

WRCMAD Sean
17th January 2010, 21:39
To be honest, I support a lot of people, but with the Monster rally team joining this year, i'm just hoping they, and loeb. Don's win.

WRCMAD Sean
17th January 2010, 21:41
me 3 :D
Me 4!!

bluuford
17th January 2010, 21:56
I will support rallying;-)
And those who support Gassner should do it in financial way. Currently he plans to do only 5 rallies and only 4 of them count in PWRC. So, he is note registered yet.. in my view?

Tomi
17th January 2010, 22:58
I will support rallying;-)
And those who support Gassner should do it in financial way.

keep on dreaming, its much easier to cry how unfair the world is. :)

17th January 2010, 23:28

That was a government incentive to keep their factories in France, not just because of falling sales? Same as the the US

Its no different to the Australian government giving incentives to the local manufactures here. When Mitsubishi closed the government still wanted to support them.

Anyway, I'll support Petter since he's an under dog, hope he can get some round wins!!

cut the b.s.
18th January 2010, 11:49
I will suport Latvala if he keeps it on the road for once.

real fans in any sport stick to there team/man/woman/horse/dog etc through ups and downs, fair weather support is no support at all

MrJan
18th January 2010, 12:22
real fans in any sport stick to there team/man/woman/horse/dog etc through ups and downs, fair weather support is no support at all

:up: Absolutely. I despise the acres of football fans who only follow succesful clubs and then disappear when things go pear shaped.

Psycho!
18th January 2010, 13:06
Mikko,Jari-Matti,Petter and Bp Ford!!!Loeb's domination must break at last!!!!!!

Mintexmemory
20th January 2010, 16:21
i find rallying hard to choose one driver/car, football is easy, The Arsenal all the way. I like loeb, and petter, and the look of the C4. and Kimi was my fav in F1, so its going to be tough choice. car wise, it has to be the cool looking C4, and one of the three drvers, well, i will just support them all!

A Gooner after my own heart, (top of the league ina little under 6 hrs time imho)
All the regular podium finishers are top guys in my book and while Seb L is undoubtedly a fine driver I do believe he would struggle in a Focus to beat Hirvonen in a C4. I shall be rooting for JML in WRC as whenever I've seen him on the events I've attended he is the nearest thing we've got to a modern Colin Mac. This could be the year that Seb suffers because the Petter C4 challenge won't be under team orders as is the case with Sordo. 4 way split on rally wins could let Mikko or Jari-Matti in to the top spot.
IRC Meeke all the way.
RAC Banner as usual!

Magnus
20th January 2010, 16:57
Bosse!

buffalo
20th January 2010, 22:41
Ken Block and the Monster World Rally team !!!

Mitch555
21st January 2010, 01:31
with Atkinson not driving, I'll be supporting Ken Block, Mikko Hirvonen and any privateer

N.O.T
21st January 2010, 06:59
the useless sponsor clowns...

Langdale Forest
21st January 2010, 07:27
How can you call a sponsor a clown?

Mitch555
21st January 2010, 08:19
the useless sponsor clowns...

I'd be grateful that the WRC is even running N.O.T. Without "the useless sponsor clowns" you'd have hardly any entries in the top class. Lets see...

Q. Is Kimi Raikkonen bad for the WRC?
A. No he brings extra media coverage because of his high profile. He also reassures Red Bull's commitment to rallying.

Q. Is Ken Block bad for the WRC?
A. No. Not only does he bring extra sponsorship, but he also opens up the market for WRC in USA and Canada. Which will show the WRC to more large sponsors.

Q. Is Federico Villagra bad for the WRC?
A. No. Reopened the market in South America.

Q. Is Khalid Al Qassimi bad for the WRC?
A. How could you say no! His sponsorship has supported Ford, but also increased interest in the Middle East.

And the thing about sponsors is. They also help to pay the bills, getting more cars out on the stages, and perhaps in 2011, enabling more manufacturers to enter.

I also support privateers for another reason. They drive for the love of the sport. Not because they can necessarily win, because they enjoy the sport, and do it out of mostly their own pockets. And I really do admire that.

So I see no reason why we shouldn't get behind the privateers more. They keep our hobby alive and kicking.

N.O.T
21st January 2010, 11:16
sponsors are good and needed... the clowns bring this sport in degradation

Mitch555
21st January 2010, 11:33
Sorry, slight misunderstanding there :) the only reason why its so noticeable is because they are only 4 works paid seats, therefore more opportunity for people to buy into a ride. the "clowns" are what is going to bring the WRC back to its former glory though. that combined with s2000

Fide
21st January 2010, 14:34
I support :
1: Petter Solberg
2: Petter Solberg
3: Petter Solberg
4: Petter Solberg
5: Petter Solberg
6: Petter Solberg
Ken Block
Gigi Gally if he returns

TMorel
21st January 2010, 14:50
I'll support the fans, because judging by all the constant negative posts it seems like a couple of them sound like Mr.Grumpypants and need a {hug}

I'll also be supporting the sport. Everyone deserves to be there and I'd get just as much pleasure from seeing Wilson nailing a stage as I would from JML winning the championship, but hey I'm also following the Monte so to hell with all that IRC is better than WRC is better than S2000+
Last season I found good bits in all the top flight rallying and if some of you took off your blinkers and put away your "1980's Glory Days" DVDs you might not be so miserable all the time, heck according to some of you the sport is now full of clowns and they can always make you smile*

[*apart from the scary clowns in Stephen King books that give you nightmares... Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me]

serial jeff
21st January 2010, 15:45
I'll support the fans, because judging by all the constant negative posts it seems like a couple of them sound like Mr.Grumpypants and need a {hug}

I'll also be supporting the sport. Everyone deserves to be there and I'd get just as much pleasure from seeing Wilson nailing a stage as I would from JML winning the championship, but hey I'm also following the Monte so to hell with all that IRC is better than WRC is better than S2000+
Last season I found good bits in all the top flight rallying and if some of you took off your blinkers and put away your "1980's Glory Days" DVDs you might not be so miserable all the time

Hear, hear! Exactly what I've been thinking.

N.O.T
21st January 2010, 16:09
clowns make me sick....and the fact that the majority of you people are making threads and create so much fuss around their names is even more worrying...

Langdale Forest
21st January 2010, 16:27
I'd be grateful that the WRC is even running N.O.T. Without "the useless sponsor clowns" you'd have hardly any entries in the top class. Lets see...

Q. Is Kimi Raikkonen bad for the WRC?
A. No he brings extra media coverage because of his high profile. He also reassures Red Bull's commitment to rallying.

Q. Is Ken Block bad for the WRC?
A. No. Not only does he bring extra sponsorship, but he also opens up the market for WRC in USA and Canada. Which will show the WRC to more large sponsors.

Q. Is Federico Villagra bad for the WRC?
A. No. Reopened the market in South America.

Q. Is Khalid Al Qassimi bad for the WRC?
A. How could you say no! His sponsorship has supported Ford, but also increased interest in the Middle East.

I never said that I did not want those drivers to not be in the WRC.

pino
21st January 2010, 18:15
I will support Petter Solberg :D

tmx
21st January 2010, 18:43
Should be easy to make a poll for this thread. I thought we have Pickem for this, could make it as a bonus to the overall points.

I support Petter, but also Matthew Wilson for 2010 World Champion.

pettersolberg29
21st January 2010, 19:19
Good idea - any mod able to jab a poll at the top of the thread? I'm looking at you pino ;)

Tomi
21st January 2010, 19:33
I will support Petter Solberg :D

Paisa, will you support him in to the car or out from the car?

fastboy
21st January 2010, 20:07
1.Matt Wilson
2.Mikko Hirvonen
3.Petter Solberg

Langdale Forest
21st January 2010, 21:44
I support :
1: Petter Solberg
2: Petter Solberg
3: Petter Solberg
4: Petter Solberg
5: Petter Solberg
6: Petter Solberg
Ken Block
Gigi Gally if he returns

If human cloning was allowed, I guess you would make 5 copies of Peter Solberg. ;)

Langdale Forest
21st January 2010, 21:45

I support Petter, but also Matthew Wilson for 2010 World Champion.

Dear, oh dear. :rolleyes:

Mitch555
21st January 2010, 23:16
I never said that I did not want those drivers to not be in the WRC.

If you read carefully Langdale, you'd see I was referring to N.O.T's post and agreeing with yours...

Langdale Forest
22nd January 2010, 16:44
It can all get very confusing at times.

Red bull
14th March 2010, 13:42
and finally........i ll support any driver who beats loeb be it conrad or villagra

Langdale Forest
14th March 2010, 16:10
When will Rauntencrash ever beat Loeb though? :rolleyes:

Red bull
15th March 2010, 14:14
haha time will tell but probably when loeb crashes out.

Langdale Forest
15th March 2010, 18:00
But Rauntencrash would have crashed out as well!

Fide
15th March 2010, 18:16
I will support Petter.