PDA

View Full Version : It's Charlotte Motor Speedway again

Lee Roy
12th January 2010, 21:39
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-lowes-motor-speedway-officially-changes-name/

Lowe’s Motor Speedway is now, as expected, Charlotte Motor Speedway once again.

Mark in Oshawa
12th January 2010, 21:45
This is a good thing. IN a sport where everything that moves has 4 sponsors on it, it is overkill to have the tracks putting corporate names on as well, but alas, it is the way of the world. Charlotte Motor Speedway works, and did work for almost 40 years before Lowe's.

call_me_andrew
13th January 2010, 06:24
Good riddance to sponsorship dollars.

Lee Roy
13th January 2010, 12:59
Those who benefitted from the $35M in naming rights might differ with your opinion.

But I'm very glad that it's Charlotte Motor Speedway again. The former name just didn't sound right to me.

Talking about stupid names for venues, there a concert arena in Northern Virginia that used to be called "The Nissan Pavillion". That was bad enough, but it just got renamed to "Jiffy Lube Live". At first, I thought it was a bad joke.

Mark in Oshawa
13th January 2010, 19:35
Good riddance to sponsorship dollars.

Sure Andrew, like this racing thing would be better off without sponsors......

I hope your tongue was in your cheek.

I am all for corporations getting involved, but some of the venue names are just silly.....and this one WAS.

ms0362
4th February 2010, 01:32
I never called it Lowe's. It's always Charlotte to me. I refuse to participate in sponser plugging. And Infinion,,,,, is Sonoma.