PDA

View Full Version : GenII Capital trying to buy Saab

Giuseppe F1
7th January 2010, 21:06
Saab F1 in a couple of seasons???:

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/genii-capital-bidding-to-buy-saab/

Copse
8th January 2010, 17:38
Even if that deal goes through, which I doubt, it would be a bad idea IMO.

There are just 2 or 3 models of SAABs, made in rather small numbers, and it seems a bit of a waste to waste the marketing possibilities of the name of an F1 team on a brand with such a small number of possible customers.

Mia 01
8th January 2010, 17:52
Even if that deal goes through, which I doubt, it would be a bad idea IMO.

There are just 2 or 3 models of SAABs, made in rather small numbers, and it seems a bit of a waste to waste the marketing possibilities of the name of an F1 team on a brand with such a small number of possible customers.

SAAB is an upper brand.

BE knows this.

ioan
8th January 2010, 18:06
SAAB is an upper brand.

Dead too.

Mia 01
8th January 2010, 19:07
Dead too.

You mean we swedes are, or are you jelaous?

ioan
8th January 2010, 19:24
You mean we swedes are, or are you jelaous?

I don't know about the Swedes but GM certainly doesn't want to sell Saab but rather bury it.

maximilian
8th January 2010, 19:27
BE and GenII being bed mates sure sheds more light on why the Renault takeover didn't go Prodrive's way, either, or doesn't it? :rolleyes:

ioan
8th January 2010, 19:31
BE and GenII being bed mates sure sheds more light on why the Renault takeover didn't go Prodrive's way, either, or doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Good catch. :up:

garyshell
8th January 2010, 21:09
I don't know about the Swedes but GM certainly doesn't want to sell Saab but rather bury it.

Why would they NOT want to sell it? It's not like they need any more paper losses for tax right offs or anything.

Gary

ioan
8th January 2010, 21:12
Why would they NOT want to sell it? It's not like they need any more paper losses for tax right offs or anything.

Gary

That's a good question question. For whatever reason they didn't sell Opel and they didn't sell Saab even though they had buyers for both and in both cases there was also government backing for the moves.

maximilian
8th January 2010, 23:49
SAAB is another one of those automobile makers that have aviation/engine ties, similar to BMW, Mercedes, and supposedly Spyker, and they have at least a Rallye history, so it's not inconceivable to link the brand to F1 in the future... I would not like to see the name just disappear, as it has always stood for Swedish quality side by side with Volvo, and even though their most recent line-up of cars wasn't exactly exciting, it presents an opportunity to reinvent the brand.