PDA

View Full Version : Swrc 2010

Sulland
5th January 2010, 09:07
Who will win the SWRC title in 2010 ?

Barreis
5th January 2010, 09:53
First to see how competative is new fiesta..

Tomi
5th January 2010, 09:58
also maybe better to wait that all competitors are announced.

Francis44
5th January 2010, 12:24
also maybe better to wait that all competitors are announced.

Indeed.

Sulland
5th January 2010, 14:38
Who are sure to compete so far ?

Are all these ready ?

Janne Tuohino - Ford Fiesta
Xavier Pons - Ford Fiesta
Bernardo Sousa - Ford Fiesta
Nasser Al-Attiyah - Ford Fiesta
Martin Prokop - Ford Fiesta
Eyvind Brynildsen - Skoda Fabia
Patrik Sandell - Skoda Fabia

JAM
5th January 2010, 15:55
Nasser in Fiesta? New to me...

Mirek
5th January 2010, 15:57
Yes, that's true. He confirmed that himself.

ProRally
5th January 2010, 16:04
Mirek is correct, he also confirmed to me before he went to Dakar.

Was funny, VW team left on 27 Dec, after Christmas, but Nasser flew on 24 so he could go shoot pigeons (real ones in Arg) on 25 and 26 :D :D

Barreis
5th January 2010, 16:20
:)

alleskids
5th January 2010, 17:33
Mirek is correct, he also confirmed to me before he went to Dakar.

Was funny, VW team left on 27 Dec, after Christmas, but Nasser flew on 24 so he could go shoot pigeons (real ones in Arg) on 25 and 26 :D :D

he suffered his x-mas days to practice for his golden olympic medal in London 2012 :)

ProRally
5th January 2010, 18:04
he suffered his x-mas days to practice for his golden olympic medal in London 2012 :)

Lets hope so, he was so sad after Athens where he was 4th, just no medal....

Don't think he gives much about X-mas

RS
5th January 2010, 18:05
So far my money would be on Prokop or Brynildsen.

Hope for some more entries soon. Little bit weak so far, but I think this support championship will vastly overshadow pWRC and jWRC next year in terms of fan interest.

Also this will make the entry lists for each event a bit more interesting. I was very disappointed how quickly the talent dried up when spectating on Rally GB in November.

RICARDO75
5th January 2010, 20:12
Who are sure to compete so far ?

Are all these ready ?

Janne Tuohino - Ford Fiesta
Xavier Pons - Ford Fiesta
Bernardo Sousa - Ford Fiesta
Nasser Al-Attiyah - Ford Fiesta
Martin Prokop - Ford Fiesta
Eyvind Brynildsen - Skoda Fabia
Patrik Sandell - Skoda Fabia

Michal Kosciuszko is also on SWRC, but doesn't know about the car to drive (Skoda, Peugeot or Ford)

PLuto
5th January 2010, 20:41
Ford, it is SWRC ;)

OldF
5th January 2010, 21:05
Who will win the SWRC title in 2010 ?

I don’t know. :p

ProRally
6th January 2010, 07:19
I will be good competition IF the Ford is reliable.... there are several possible winners. Lets see how many will really start

Wim_Impreza
6th January 2010, 09:16
Ford can win every single round in this championship if they have a reliable car. Only Brynildsen can probably do something to them. Sandell is not good enough as we saw in 2008 and 2009 when he couldn't beat a Group N car over a whole season with a S2000.

JAM
6th January 2010, 09:57
I will be good competition IF the Ford is reliable....

Not only reliable bult also competitive. Don't forget that we have very competitive Skodas with one year of rallying against a new and unknown car.

My bet goes to Brynildsen, unless another big name appear with a good car.

IMO a Peugeot would be a very good option to SWRC. They are reliable and competitive.

Let's see if Fiesta is not a "flop"... a lot of people would be in troubles :D

Tomi
6th January 2010, 11:53
Not only reliable bult also competitive. Don't forget that we have very competitive Skodas with one year of rallying against a new and unknown car.

this will be the most interesting issue in S2000 cup, my guess is that at half season ford will be on par and at the end ahead of skoda.

ProRally
6th January 2010, 11:58
The rumors has it that 36 Fiesta's are ordered.
That is a super fast way to develop a car, get the data from LOTS of different people, if a problem get it sorted and let lots of them test it again.
I have to agree with Tomi, they (Ford) will quickly be on the pace.... if the get the engine more reliable. But that will know in couple of weeks (MC)

Tomi
6th January 2010, 12:05
I have to agree with Tomi, they (Ford) will quickly be on the pace.... if the get the engine more reliable. But that will know in couple of weeks (MC)

Yep, its a long time since top teams has had to catch a development gap, maybe it was after GrB was banned last time, a little simular situation.
Ford will also get very reliable info about engine reliability because of many cars many cars, no need for guessing.

Francis44
6th January 2010, 12:22
Many of you are not considering Nasser Al-Attiyah. He showed this year that he could be super fast on the PWRC so if I had to bet, I would bet on him.

Mirek
6th January 2010, 12:28
this will be the most interesting issue in S2000 cup, my guess is that at half season ford will be on par and at the end ahead of skoda.

I think that since Skoda doesn't concentrate on PWRC the most interesting comparission aside Monte Carlo will be NORF where I expect Juho Hanninen to drive...

Tomi
6th January 2010, 12:30
]I think that since Skoda doesn't concentrate on PWRC the most interesting comparission aside Monte Carlo will be NORF where I expect Juho Hanninen to drive...

He might drive other rounds too, but he is not sure yet.

ProRally
6th January 2010, 12:31
Many of you are not considering Nasser Al-Attiyah. He showed this year that he could be super fast on the PWRC so if I had to bet, I would bet on him.

Nasser has very good chance. But my only 'concern' is he always have driven turbo cars.... but again, he does drive a LOT and now in Dakar its is turbo diesel :D

RS
6th January 2010, 14:02

Have they had problems with the engine reliability already?

Don't forget Ford start the season with a new car, but Sandell and Brynildsen should get the new version Fabia around the middle of the year too.

The Fabia was immediately on the pace of the 207 when it debuted last year and I don't expect the Ford to be different.

Sulland
6th January 2010, 15:31
Have they had problems with the engine reliability already?

Don't forget Ford start the season with a new car, but Sandell and Brynildsen should get the new version Fabia around the middle of the year too.

The Fabia was immediately on the pace of the 207 when it debuted last year and I don't expect the Ford to be different.

But Skoda had done way more testing before the debut of the car. Ford has done everything with this car in less than 4 months !

Mirek
6th January 2010, 15:45
How do You know how much testing Ford did? Large majority of tests were not public...

alleskids
6th January 2010, 15:57
I am stil confused about the WRC Wolrd Cup, the teams S2000 championship. I heard that many Fod drivers (Touhino, Pons, Souza, Al Attiyah) are entered under the M Sport banner. So M-Sport has 2 or more drivers in all of the 10 rallies. Drivers can only score in 7 rallies. Does M-Sport get the points for their 7 best results, or for the 7 first rallies? And wil the points for other teams count for position, or as second, third team? For example:
1 Al Attiyah - Ford - M Sport
2 Touhino - Ford - M Sport
3 Brynildsen - Skoda - Rene George Rally Sport
4 Souza - Ford - M Sport
5 Sandell - Skoda - Baumschlager Red bull Racing
6 Kosiuszko - ? - Dynamic World rally Team

M- Sport: 1,2,4 position - 10 points
RGRS: 3rd - 6 points or 8 for second team?
BRR: 5th - 4 points or 6 for third team?
Dynamic World rally Team: 6th - 3 points or 5?

Tomi
6th January 2010, 16:13
]How do You know how much testing Ford did? Large majority of tests were not public...

But for sure you agree, that Skoda should have a clear advantage now?

ProRally
6th January 2010, 16:15
[quote="alleskids"]....
1 Al Attiyah - Ford - M Sport
2 Touhino - Ford - M Sport
3 Brynildsen - Skoda - Rene George Rally Sport
4 Souza - Ford - M Sport
5 Sandell - Skoda - Baumschlager Red bull Racing
6 Kosiuszko - Ford - Dynamic World rally Team
/QUOTE]

At least that is what I hear

Sulland
6th January 2010, 17:36
]How do You know how much testing Ford did? Large majority of tests were not public...

For sure, but for how long did Skoda develop the Fabia ?

Ford of course have a lot of know-how, much more than Skoda Motorsport had at the time, but even if they have the speed reliability in competition mode is still an unknown factor. Will be exiting to see it unfold in Monte, where at least on paper Ford has the top driver !

Mirek
6th January 2010, 18:08
But for sure you agree, that Skoda should have a clear advantage now?

Yes, of course. But in case of Skoda most of tests were covered by public compared to Ford or Peugeot which both used their private testing grounds which are not accessible to public. Having 10x more testing videos on Youtube doesn't really reflect real amount of testing, that's what I wanted to say :s mokin:

EavesFan09
10th January 2010, 11:18
So far my money would be on Prokop or Brynildsen.

You obvioulsy know more about the record of Prokop in rallies but my money is on him too.

M-Sport seem to engineer all the Fiestas in the WRC and they seem to have more of a pedigree about them that Skoda and Prokop may have momentum behind him having won the JWRC.

Sulland
13th January 2010, 15:39
Eivind Brynildsen has split with Denis Giraudet and have a deal with Cato Menkerud, Hennings old CoDriver for 2010.

Good luck to them !

Barreis
13th January 2010, 23:13
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80850

alleskids
14th January 2010, 05:53
No other driver in a S2000 can score points, for example Andreas Mikkelsen in Sweden ?

br21
14th January 2010, 12:57
Kosciuszko confirmed with Fiesta and codriver Szczepaniak according to autoklub.pl.
His program will be:
- Corona Rally Mexico
- Jordan Rally
- Vodafone Rally de Portugal
- Nestle Oil Rally Finland
- ADAC Rallye Deutschland
- Rallye de France
- Wales Rally of Great Britain

Car will be serviced by Symtech, Belgium

Official presentation of Dynamic World Rally Team will be in February. It's team sponsored by big polish petroleum company - Lotos.

ProRally
14th January 2010, 15:48
It is official now :
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/s2000_2010.aspx

306 Cosworth
14th January 2010, 17:42
Great to see all 8 teams will compete in GB :D Hopefully some more entries before the deadline in April too!

Sulland
15th January 2010, 11:56
Andreas Mikkelsen will drive both IRC and S-WRC Mikkelsen reports to the norwegian newspaper Racing in an interview. He will have a busy schedule !

In the same paper Mads Østberg says that he also might get into S-WRC after Sweden. He has given up his S14, and they are for sale.

S-WRC look better and better !

noel157
15th January 2010, 12:38
Andreas Mikkelsen will drive both IRC and S-WRC Mikkelsen reports to the norwegian newspaper Racing in an interview. He will have a busy schedule !

In the same paper Mads Østberg says that he also might get into S-WRC after Sweden. He has given up his S14, and they are for sale.

S-WRC look better and better !

Don't know why Mads bought the damn thing in the first place.
Wonder what S2K he'll drive, any clues?

pettersolberg29
15th January 2010, 13:32
Don't want to contradict you Sulland, but didn't he say he was doing the WRC events outside of the IRC? I took that as saying he would do a couple of events but not register for the SWRC. I may be wrong though!

Sulland
15th January 2010, 13:43
Don't want to contradict you Sulland, but didn't he say he was doing the WRC events outside of the IRC? I took that as saying he would do a couple of events but not register for the SWRC. I may be wrong though!

In the beginning he said that, but in this latest interview, he said he wanted to do two full championships, So that is new info.

Don't know why Mads bought the damn thing in the first place.
Wonder what S2K he'll drive, any clues?

Too early to say, but I guess he will look closely, and talk to Mikkelsen before he decides. I guess he will be testing as well. He will do Sweden with his 12B, and then start this process I guess.

Simmi
15th January 2010, 13:45
Would be great if Ostberg could join up to the SWRC. It really seems like a logical step for privateers to be honest. Why toil away for the same kinds of positions in soon to be extinct machinery when you can press for overall honours and get used to something more along the lines of the new WRCar.

pettersolberg29
15th January 2010, 13:53
Thanks Sulland - its good news.

VFTS
15th January 2010, 15:42
[quote="Sulland"]Andreas Mikkelsen will drive both IRC and S-WRC Mikkelsen reports to the norwegian newspaper Racing in an interview. He will have a busy schedule !

quote]

He will try to drive both IRC and SWRC, but the SWRC is not yet confirmed because they still havent enough money.
They are also waiting to register into the SWRC-championship because of this.

There are also 4-5 other drivers that are waiting to register for the championship.

Rallytourist
16th January 2010, 10:45
http://picasaweb.google.es/nupelteam/2010PRESENTACIONFORDFIESTAS2000

306 Cosworth
16th January 2010, 10:53
Very nice looking car :D

Simmi
16th January 2010, 11:05
Yep that car stopped me in my tracks. Very good livery.

Nice little team they have there.

Salist
16th January 2010, 19:31

Fantastic livery.... :)

ProRally
16th January 2010, 20:13

The main sponsor is condom manufacturer, maybe they give away free samples at the events :D :D :D

Simmi
16th January 2010, 20:15
The main sponsor is condom manufacturer, maybe they give away free samples at the events :D :D :D

So at least the co-driver will be ok if he wants to have protection from Xavier Pons!!!

OldF
16th January 2010, 20:16

And maybe some objects to test them with. :)

ProRally
16th January 2010, 20:21
And maybe some objects to test them with. :)

That OldF is wishful thinking, but nice thinking anyway :D :D :D

noel157
19th January 2010, 09:03
Michal Kosciuszko and Symtech Racing confirm Fiesta starting in Mexico:

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/156048/1/swrc_symtech_racing_confirms_s2000_entry.html

RS
19th January 2010, 15:17
Rumours from France say there are problems with the homologation of the Fiesta and Mikko might not be able to start Monte.

I would think (and hope) they have these problems sorted for Sweden though, or there are going to be a lot of angry customers for M-Sport...

ProRally
19th January 2010, 15:28
Rumours from France say there are problems with the homologation of the Fiesta and Mikko might not be able to start Monte.

I would think (and hope) they have these problems sorted for Sweden though, or there are going to be a lot of angry customers for M-Sport...

I making a few call's to get update to that rumor....

ProRally
19th January 2010, 15:56
Just double checked, Fiesta is allowed to drive competitively at Monte... but it took long discussions at the scruteneering, lets see next month in Swedish.

alleskids
23rd January 2010, 21:12
Eyvind Brynildsen has a very nice new livery for his Skoda Norway-RGRS Fabia S2000. Good to see a fresh approach from the national importers team, despite how nice the French en Britsh cars in IRC look.

EavesFan09
26th January 2010, 13:30
The SWRC roster ought to look like this:

Ford Fiesta:
Martin Prokop, Bernado Sousa, Janne Touhino, Andres Mikkelsen, Xavier Pons, Nasser Al-Attyah, Michael Kosciusko, Lasse Storm and Harry Hunt.

Skoda Fabia:
Patrick Sandell, Eyvind Brynildsen, Per Arne Saav, Juho Hanninen, Per-Gunnar-Andersson,

Citroen Saxo:
Ikka Pastilla

Peugeot 207:
Danny Snobeck & Michael Slowow

Mirek
26th January 2010, 13:35
No, only Prokop, Sandell, Brynildsen, Sousa, Tuohino, Andersson and Sääv are SWRC entries for Sweden. Al Attiyah, Kosciuszko and Pons are also registered for SWRC and will start later in the season, the rest not. The more Sääv and Andersson are entered for wild cards only (one start without taking points). Of course it's still possible to register. We will see who will do that...

EavesFan09
26th January 2010, 16:29
]No, only Prokop, Sandell, Brynildsen, Sousa, Tuohino, Andersson and Sääv are SWRC entries for Sweden. Al Attiyah, Kosciuszko and Pons are also registered for SWRC and will start later in the season, the rest not. The more Sääv and Andersson are entered for wild cards only (one start without taking points). Of course it's still possible to register. We will see who will do that...

I was really thinking long term, yes. Past Sweden certainly.

Simmi
26th January 2010, 18:23
The SWRC roster ought to look like this:

Ford Fiesta:
Martin Prokop, Bernado Sousa, Janne Touhino, Andres Mikkelsen, Xavier Pons, Nasser Al-Attyah, Michael Kosciusko, Lasse Storm and Harry Hunt.

Citroen Saxo:
Ikka Pastilla

Peugeot 207:
Danny Snobeck & Michael Slowow

What does the Citroen Saxo driver have to do with anything? Last time I checked Snobeck was in a 307WRC, Solowow isn't doing SWRC, and Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta R2's!

EavesFan09
26th January 2010, 19:21
What does the Citroen Saxo driver have to do with anything? Last time I checked Snobeck was in a 307WRC, Solowow isn't doing SWRC, and Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta R2's!

Are we breathing calmly and have counted to 10 now? Good.

Am I to take it then that Snobeck is with the bigger guns in the WRC, Slowow is doing something
else (possibly PRWC)?

From memory I did say Storm and Hunt were in Ford Fiesta's so that is OK atleast.

306 Cosworth
26th January 2010, 19:33
From memory I did say Storm and Hunt were in Ford Fiesta's so that is OK atleast.

NO it's not ok because Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta's which are R2 cars where as SWRC is for S2000 cars.

Simmi
26th January 2010, 19:40
Are we breathing calmly and have counted to 10 now? Good.

Am I to take it then that Snobeck is with the bigger guns in the WRC, Slowow is doing something
else (possibly PRWC)?

Not everyone on an entrylist is committing themselves to do a championship (PWRC/SWRC etc.) Even if they are in similar machinery like Michal Solowow they might not want/have the budget to do the allotted amount of rallies to qualify. The lower end guys like Harry Hunt are just privateers. However every car on a rally does belong to a class (A8, N4 etc) and you can compete for a class win on a rally which is an altogether different thing.

EavesFan09
27th January 2010, 08:44
NO it's not ok because Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta's which are R2 cars where as SWRC is for S2000 cars.

This habit of people shouting at me really is upsetting me now. I am sure we can all think of a way to get accross our point that doesn't require shouting at people.

Is it OK however if R2 means nowt to you? If you ask me what R2 is I would have said a fictional robot. I would have never linked it to a type of a rally car. In the beginning I thought the R2 suffix was an actual type of Ford Fiesta (like TDi, XR4, XR2i or ST is). :)

Still nee wiser though! :p :

Does R2 mean it is a JWRC, PWRC or WRC car?

EavesFan09
27th January 2010, 08:47
Not everyone on an entrylist is committing themselves to do a championship (PWRC/SWRC etc.) Even if they are in similar machinery like Michal Solowow they might not want/have the budget to do the allotted amount of rallies to qualify. The lower end guys like Harry Hunt are just privateers. However every car on a rally does belong to a class (A8, N4 etc) and you can compete for a class win on a rally which is an altogether different thing.

Thanks. :)

Sami
27th January 2010, 17:15
Not everyone on an entrylist is committing themselves to do a championship (PWRC/SWRC etc.) Even if they are in similar machinery like Michal Solowow they might not want/have the budget to do the allotted amount of rallies to qualify.

In case of Solowow it is definitely not about the money. Last time I checked his fortune was worth 2,3 BILLION Dollars.

306 Cosworth
27th January 2010, 17:47
This habit of people shouting at me really is upsetting me now. I am sure we can all think of a way to get accross our point that doesn't require shouting at people.

Is it OK however if R2 means nowt to you? If you ask me what R2 is I would have said a fictional robot. I would have never linked it to a type of a rally car. In the beginning I thought the R2 suffix was an actual type of Ford Fiesta (like TDi, XR4, XR2i or ST is). :)

Still nee wiser though! :p :

I didn't should at all, where do you see any !!! marks or lots of capital letters, the O on No was just a typo?

R2 is 1600cc therefore JWRC.

ProRally
27th January 2010, 18:33
In case of Solowow it is definitely not about the money. Last time I checked his fortune was worth 2,3 BILLION Dollars.

That is why he has helicopter, private Jet and several rally cars.... :D :D :D

pucky54
27th January 2010, 19:47
That is why he has helicopter, private Jet and several rally cars.... :D :D :D

....and not to forget three service vehicles for one car ;)

Simmi
27th January 2010, 19:52

It falls into the JWRC catagory but is not a JWRC car. It is true to call a top line car (Focus/C4) a WRC car but the N4 Impreza's/Evo's aren't PWRC cars. They are just cars that can compete in that championship. As per the point from before - not everyone in a Group N Subaru or a Suzuki Swift is necessarily registered for the PWRC/JWRC.

Mirek
29th January 2010, 18:48
Tuohino's Fiesta: http://reissumies.kuvat.fi/kuvat/ralli/2010/Arcticrally2010/press%20conference/IMG_5975%20(Large).JPG/_big.jpg

Iskald
30th January 2010, 10:07
Andreas Mikkelsen in practice before Rally Sweden. Inboardvideo from Mountain Rally Norway last weekend, driving the Subaru Impreza Sti Cup, and competing against Eivind Brynildsen in the Skoda Fabia S2000.
http://www.injection.no

JFL
30th January 2010, 10:41
Mikkelsen is practicing as we speak as well.. Beating former champ. M. Grønholm in Svully Rally Dahbi.
Stage 1 Andreas Mikkelsen 08.46,5 Marcus Grønholm 08.46,3
Stage 2 Andreas Mikkelsen04.21,6 Marcus Grønholm04.29,8
Give that boy a paid seat..
Petter is obviosly leading by a lot..

Mirek
30th January 2010, 10:46
Are there some online results for Svully Rally Dahbi?

Gard
30th January 2010, 10:52
]Are there some online results for Svully Rally Dahbi?

No, but someone has posted from ss1 and ss2

SS 1:
Petter Solberg 07.56,9
Marcus Grønholm 08.46,3
Andreas Mikkelsen 08.46,5
Patrik Sandell 08.58,3
Marius Aasen 08.56,4
Pontus Tidemand 08.59,9
Richard Haget 09.02,3
Jim Roger Haugom 09.18,8
Einar Staff 10.19,5

JFL
30th January 2010, 10:54
I'm afraid not.. but some results are posted here
http://www.norsk-rally.com/index.php?option=com_agora&task=viewtopic&id=1837

Gard
30th January 2010, 10:55
SS 2:
Petter Solberg 04.05,5
Andreas Mikkelsen 04.21,6
Pontus Tidemand 04.27,9
Patrik Sandell 04.28,6
Marcus Grønholm 04.29,8
Richard Haget 04.31,7
Jim Roger Haugom 04.37,4
Dag Terje Kisen 04.47,9
Einar Staff 06.01,7
Marius Aasen off road

Roy
30th January 2010, 11:28
2 new Fiesta S2000 showed. From both I don't like the front. Too much white IMO.

Pics:
Prokop:
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=1089&fotograf=35&all=1

Tuohino: (Scroll down)
http://reissumies.kuvat.fi/kuvat/ralli/2010/05.%20Arcticrally2010/Arcticrally2010/press%20conference/

Mirek
30th January 2010, 11:35
Thank You, Gard and JFL.

Roy
3rd February 2010, 22:26
2 new Fiesta S2000 showed. From both I don't like the front. Too much white IMO.

Pics:
Prokop:
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=1089&fotograf=35&all=1

Tuohino: (Scroll down)
http://reissumies.kuvat.fi/kuvat/ralli/2010/05.%20Arcticrally2010/Arcticrally2010/press%20conference/

About Sousa:
Bernardo Sousa completes his first test with the Ford Fiesta S2000

Bernardo Sousa has just completed the first test in order to participate in the World Championship Rally S2000 2010. To this end, the Madeira born pilot was this morning at the premises of M-Sport in Cumbria, United Kingdom, for a first official contact with the new Ford Fiesta S2000. Nothing less than the newly-winner car of the Monte Carlo Rally .
"I was obviously very expectant for this first test with the Fiesta S2000, particularly after seeing it’s excellent performance on the Monte Carlo Rally ", says Bernardo Sousa. "The M-Sport did a fantastic job of developing a car that, in this first approach, proved to be easy to drive, looking very intuitive. In a word, superb!"
The pilot held several sessions of driving, that counted nearly 50 km, driving over a mixture of gravel and asphalt, this last very dirty and with some ice in some sections. "The floor , is of course, different from what I will find on the roads of ice and snow at city of Karlstad north side, where Rally of Sweden will be. For this reason, the 'setup' of the car we drove was different from what I'll count on next week, but nonetheless fail to be impressed with its potential, "he added. ... Lees verder
Accompanying him in this first test was, initially, the British driver Matthew Wilson, who provided the first explanation, giving some important pointers. Next followed him Nuno Rodrigues da Silva, a renowned portuguese co-pilot that will shield Bernardo Sousa in his third adventure in the World Rally Championship, the first at the comand of the Fiesta S2000.
Next Monday, there should be a second contact with this same car, a test which will be held in ice and nordic snow. After this the team heads to Karlstad to compete in the Rally of Sweden (10 to 14 February), the first of seven races who are under his globalist program this year.
Please recall that at the end of last year, Bernardo Sousa signed an agreement with M-Sport to participate in the Championship S WRC, in a new category reserved for drivers, instituted by the FIA in the framework of the FIA World Rally S2000.
Details about the program for 2010 of Bernardo Sousa / Nuno Rodrigues da Silva at the controls of the Ford Fiesta S2000 will be revealed shortly.

Lisbon, February 3, 2010

Pic:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=10931315&op=1&view=all&subj=286697442491&aid=-1&auser=0&oid=286697442491&id=279744945412

RICARDO75
3rd February 2010, 23:17
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S2nvR4DCjlI/AAAAAAAAEj8/IAYKIyMjfxc/s640/800BSousa_SWRC2010_TestCumbria_2.jpg

RICARDO75
5th February 2010, 01:15
Photos from Janne Tuohino testing

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S2tvIOBqcXI/AAAAAAAAEmE/iPM4SEY-2n0/s640/galleria_talvitestit2010049.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S2turoFAXHI/AAAAAAAAElc/MaOHGXn_llc/s640/galleria_talvitestit2010030.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S2tuwjY82MI/AAAAAAAAElk/M_0R7dRi70Q/s640/galleria_talvitestit2010022.jpg

ttiirika
5th February 2010, 07:04
More photos and probably video later on: http://www.jannetuohino.com/

COD
5th February 2010, 13:58
Rumour in Finland says that Finnish Champion, former PWRC driver Jari Ketomaa will enter SWRC starting from Jordan. Rest of the rallies and car yet to be decided

pucky54
5th February 2010, 14:18
Rumour in Finland says that Finnish Champion, former PWRC driver Jari Ketomaa will enter SWRC starting from Jordan. Rest of the rallies and car yet to be decided

No surprise, as he is on the entry list. Nominated rallys are every round from Jordan on, except Germany

Tomi
5th February 2010, 14:20

Everything is ready and set, they wait from the team permission to announce, propably it happens next week. :)

alleskids
5th February 2010, 15:40
No surprise, as he is on the entry list. Nominated rallys are every round from Jordan on, except Germany

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/swrc_2010.aspx

Langdale Forest
5th February 2010, 18:22
What is the point of the SWRC when there is already the IRC?
It's like having two massive global championships that have WRC cars and different drivers, it just is pointless because you should try and get as many drivers into one championship as possible.

Viking
5th February 2010, 19:35
M-Sport Managing Director Malcolm Wilson said:
"After two incredible victories in Monte Carlo and Qatar, we are now going to another extreme of conditions at Rally Sweden. We are confident that the car can maintain its performance and we've been boosted by the fact that Marcus Grönholm has been helping out with the testing; he's come up with a really good base setting for Sweden. The M-Sport drivers will all have access to the information and it's all part of the service to try and give our customers the best possible support. We've had a great season launch in Paris this week and the S-WRC has certainly got the potential to be a very exciting championship; there's lots of young drivers signed up and it will really spice things up."

Former Ford WRC driver Marcus Grönholm said:
"The Ford Fiesta was very nice to drive and I was impressed by the road-holding, it was really perfect. The engine felt very strong and you really get the feeling that this is a proper rally car to drive. It brings back the excitement as you have to be aggressive and drive at the correct revs. I was impressed at how the rear holds nicely on the road and overall the whole package is very good indeed."

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/news/924

alleskids
11th February 2010, 17:18
SWRC begins to look very interesting for 2010. So far we have 10 confirmed entries, with Norwegian youngsters Mats Østberg and Andreas Mikkelsen looking for a SWRC budget. Some drivers have also entered the Teams World Cup (named here)

Ford Fiesta S2000
MartinProkop (Czech Ford National Team)
Janne Touhino (JanPro)
Mickal Kosiuszko (Dynamic World Rally Team)
Xavier Pons
Bernardo Sousa
Jari Ketomaa

Skoda Fabia S2000
Eyvind Brynildsen (Skoda-Rene George Rally Sport)
Nasser Al Attiyah (Barwa World Rally Team) (also RGRS)
Patrick Sandell (Red Bull Rally Team)

Abarth Grande Punto S2000
Albert Llovera

Wild Cards Sweden
PG Andersson – Skoda Fabia S2000
Per –Arne Saav – Skoda Fabia S2000

Wild Card Mexico
Pablo Gutierrez – Skoda Fabia S2000

Wild guesses and suggestions for
Jordania: Yazeed Al Rajhi (Saudia Arabia)– Peugeot 207 S2000
Rashid Al Ketb (UAE) – Skoda Fabia S2000. Both are already present in Jordania for the MERC par tof the rally
New Zealand: Cadel Evans (Australia)
Portugal: ??
Finland: Juha Hanninen – Skoda Fabia S2000
Germany: ??
Japan: ??
France: ??
Great Britain: Kris Meeke - Peugeot 207 S2000 ??

tolis
11th February 2010, 19:18
@alleskids:Portugal maybe Magalhaes ;)

alleskids
11th February 2010, 21:32
It would be nice if some (talented) drivers from IRC would make a wid card appaerence in the SWRC: Nicolais Vouillos in the Alsac rally, Meeke en Wilks in Wales. I do not know if a Germand driver has a competitive S200 car. In Rally Japan will be no local S2000 wildcard I think

Mirek
11th February 2010, 21:37
Most probably there will be two Fabias S2000 in Germany this year and very likely in WRC round also.

RICARDO75
11th February 2010, 21:44
@alleskids:Portugal maybe Magalhaes ;)

Peugeot Portugal doesn't have plans for Rally de Portugal.
Vitor Pascoal could be an option with is Peugeot 207 S2000

alleskids
12th February 2010, 15:32
]Most probably there will be two Fabias S2000 in Germany this year and very likely in WRC round also.

do you know which drivers are seeking a Fiesta S2000?

EavesFan09
12th February 2010, 17:00
]Most probably there will be two Fabias S2000 in Germany this year and very likely in WRC round also.

Of those down for Germany of the 12 who have entered the SWRC Sandell, Brynildsen are certs. I just don't know about PGA and Per-Arne Saav who are also running Fabias.

Mirek
12th February 2010, 17:20
do you know which drivers are seeking a Fiesta S2000?

I don't know about any Fiesta in germany. Mark Wallenwein and Mathias Kahle are trying to get Fabia.

Mirek
12th February 2010, 17:21
Double post, please delete

alleskids
12th February 2010, 17:59
]I don't know about any Fiesta in germany. Mark Wallenwein and Mathias Kahle are trying to get Fabia.
I was reading Fiesta in stead of Fabia :o my mistake

alleskids
12th February 2010, 18:09
Of those down for Germany of the 12 who have entered the SWRC Sandell, Brynildsen are certs. I just don't know about PGA and Per-Arne Saav who are also running Fabias.

He was refering to Skoda Fabia S2000's in the German rally scene, who will also enter Rally Deutschland :) . PG Andersson and Saav are only wild cards for Rally Sweden.

vino_93
13th February 2010, 12:19
Maybe in France Guillaume Canivenq or Jean Sébastien Vigion ;) Two are both fast and young :P

alleskids
13th February 2010, 12:26
What cars will they be driving this year? How much S2000 cars are competing in the France championships?

alleskids
13th February 2010, 23:29
All of the SWRC drivers have also entered their team for the Wolrd Cup championship, with the exception of Albert Llovera
2010 FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
LIST OF ENTRANTS
21 CZECH FORD NATIONAL TEAM
22 BARWA WORLD RALLY TEAM
23 DYNAMIC WORLD RALLY TEAM
24 RED BULL RALLY TEAM
25 SKODA - RENE GEORGES RALLY SPORT
26 TEAM FORD/QUINTA DO LORDE
27 JANPRO
28 NUPEL GLOBAL RACING
29 SHANGHAI FCACA RALLY TEAM
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/wrc_s2000_teams.aspx

vino_93
14th February 2010, 12:37
What cars will they be driving this year? How much S2000 cars are competing in the France championships?

For the moment, we don't know. Canivenq and Barroso Sport, with Peugeot S2000, would be take part of few IRC events. Jean Sébastien Vigion, with a Peugeot too, wants to do some international events (IRC), or if he can't, French Champioship.

For the moment we don't know a lot of things about the championship... GPC Motorsport has 3 S2000 (2 Fiat and 1 Peugeot), 2C Compétition 1 Peugeot (Vigion), Barroso 3 Peugeot (maybe +), Gecem one Punto, FJ Team one Peugeot (maybe few events in French Championship this year), PH Sport two Peugeot (just for gravel championship ?) and Xavier Lemonnier had a car but he sold it, but I don't know who had built it (maybe Clément Dub). Maybe other cars (Skoda ?) in the year will join the championship...

RS
14th February 2010, 22:02
What do people think on sWRC after the first round?

Personally I think this championship will be far more interesting to follow than jWRC or pWRC.

Impressions from 1st round are that I think looking at the times from day 1 PG eased off a lot and controlled his lead on days 2&3, but at the same time Mikkelsen made some good progress too.

Tuohino did a reasonable job and thinks he will get faster with more experience of the car but I have my doubts about that, especially if some more fast drivers join up.

Prokop I was quite impressed with, I thought Scandinavian drivers would have more of an advantage over him here, so that bodes well for him for the rest of the season.

It seems either the Skoda or Ford can run at the front with the right driver. Looking forward to Mexico, I think Al Attiyah could do well there.

Little bit disappointed that sWRC was not mentioned on Motors TV or Dave at all. I know there will be a seperate programme, but... That's not so good for sponsors, especially when PG made it into the top 10 and still nothing.

RICARDO75
18th February 2010, 01:11
Michal Kosciuszko - Ford Fiesta S2000
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S3yRIrvXtYI/AAAAAAAAE8A/tZOk2qtgmu4/s640/mk.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S3yRR4A4ByI/AAAAAAAAE8I/3B4WTixsnAY/s640/mkk.jpg

Sulland
18th February 2010, 07:38
I guess the odds for that the Fiesta will be on top of the stats on most sold car in 2010 is pretty low.

:p

Tomi
18th February 2010, 09:17
What do people think on sWRC after the first round?

Personally I think this championship will be far more interesting to follow than jWRC or pWRC.

Impressions from 1st round are that I think looking at the times from day 1 PG eased off a lot and controlled his lead on days 2&3, but at the same time Mikkelsen made some good progress too.

Tuohino did a reasonable job and thinks he will get faster with more experience of the car but I have my doubts about that, especially if some more fast drivers join up.

Prokop I was quite impressed with, I thought Scandinavian drivers would have more of an advantage over him here, so that bodes well for him for the rest of the season.

It seems either the Skoda or Ford can run at the front with the right driver. Looking forward to Mexico, I think Al Attiyah could do well there.

Little bit disappointed that sWRC was not mentioned on Motors TV or Dave at all. I know there will be a seperate programme, but... That's not so good for sponsors, especially when PG made it into the top 10 and still nothing.

A bit difficult to say so much, the Ford guys had been testing so little with the cars, almost evryone complained that it was difficult to find the braking spots, but all in all it seems to become an interesting season in SWRC too.

rbatista82
9th March 2010, 14:19
Bernardo Sousa testing Ford Fiesta S2000

http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=144

alleskids
11th March 2010, 17:11
A team can challenge the S2000 World Cup with 7 different drivers in the 7 required rallies. But can all 7 different drivers scorepoints for the SWRC drivers championship?
PG Andersson has scored points in Sweden thanks to his wildcard. Can he score driverpoints while driving for S200 World Cup entrant JM Racing? RUFA Rally team is the same as JM Racing?

Mirek
11th March 2010, 17:19
No, RUFA is Slovak team which rents cars from Czech company JM Racing. Normal 2010 drivers of RUFA are Grzegorz Grzyb and Maciej Rzeznik.

alleskids
11th March 2010, 17:39
Thanks Mirek Fric, you have better inside information than I do :) .
Hopefully Andreas Mikkelsen and Mats Ostberg will soon also participate in SWRC. Then the FIA should rename it Scandianavia WRC S2000 :)

RICARDO75
11th March 2010, 18:20
Mikkelsen in swrc?!?

alleskids
11th March 2010, 18:29
Mikkelsen has, or had ,the ambition to do both IRC and SWRC, just like Al Attiyah

Iskald
11th March 2010, 21:25
Mikkelsen has, or had ,the ambition to do both IRC and SWRC, just like Al Attiyah

Don`t think that will happen, but we could hope. As of now he will start his IRC-season in Sardinia in june. Still doing Norwegian championship and Subaru Cup in Norway, and he is leading both. Finished 2nd overall behind Mads Østberg last weekend.

His management isn`t totally ruling out both IRC and SWRC, but they are quite a few steps away from that at the moment.

MartijnS
12th March 2010, 11:45
Dennis Kuipers will drive 7 wrc rallies with a Fiesta S2000 :)

http://www.rallybuzz.com/kuipers-ford-fiesta-s2000-wrc/

alleskids
12th March 2010, 15:23
Great oppertunity for Dutchman Dennis Kuiper :) . Too bad he did not sign up for SWRC, as he will already match with them on 5 occasions

For the livery of his Fiesta S2000, look at http://www.therallysite.com/

alleskids
12th March 2010, 22:52
http://www.autosport.cz reports that Dennis Kuiper completed a number of riders registered for the new championship SWRC designed for cars Super 2000. Can a driver register for only a couple of SWRC rallies and stil score points?

Mirek
12th March 2010, 22:57
It's from their official website: http://www.ipatecracing.nl/nl/nieuws.php?BasicNieuwsItemID=132

Dit seizoen maakt hij de overstap naar het S-WRC.

alleskids
12th March 2010, 23:08
thanks, I was looking for a lot of sites, forgetting the Dutch ones :) . All state that Dennis will register for SWRC, under the M-Sport banner, together with Pons, Sousa and Mikkelsen. But Pons and Sousa have entered their own team, and Mikkeslen is doing IRC. But M-Sport has not entered SWRC/S2000 World Cup, so Kuiper cannot score points in the 5 SWRC rounds, unless M-Sport enters the New Zealand rally and the Alcas Rally France, as a team needs to register for 7 rallies.
I think the original press release only meants to says that he enters the SWRC categorie, not the championship with a car prepared by M-Sport. I hope I am wrong and Dennis Kuiper will really compete in the SWRC :)

RICARDO75
12th March 2010, 23:39
If Kuipers register with swrc, wich number will be assigned?
Llovera has the number 30, and Araújo has 31. If so, the numbering of the PWRC may need to be changed

Roy
13th March 2010, 19:01
If Kuipers register with swrc, wich number will be assigned?
Llovera has the number 30, and Araújo has 31. If so, the numbering of the PWRC may need to be changed

Kuipers don't registered S-WRC because he didn't planed 2 rallies outside Europe. That is a condition for participation in S-WRC.

These are rounds (below) and drives have to participated at 7 rallies with 2 outside Europe.
SWE MEX JOR NZL PRT FIN DEU JPN FRA GBR

Kuipers planned Turkije, Portugal, Bulgarije, Finland, Duitsland, Japan or Spanje and Engeland.

ProRally
13th March 2010, 19:11
Kuipers don't registered S-WRC because he didn't planed 2 rallies outside Europe. That is a condition for participation in S-WRC.

These are rounds (below) and drives have to participated at 7 rallies with 2 outside Europe.
SWE MEX JOR NZL PRT FIN DEU JPN FRA GBR

Kuipers planned Turkije, Portugal, Bulgarije, Finland, Duitsland, Japan or Spanje and Engeland.

BUT he CAN start under the M-Sport entry....

alleskids
13th March 2010, 20:00
Then M-Sport has to register into the S2000 World Cup and they must enter Rally New Zealand, to have the second outside Europe entry, and entering France.

Roy
13th March 2010, 21:14
M-Sport didn't registered as S-WRC team. M-Sport supported drivers and teams. These drivers, Prokop and Sousa, have their own teams respectively: Czech Ford National team and Team Ford/Quinta do Lorde. M-Sport isn't a team at his own in S-WRC.
Only Mikkelsen (and Villagra) are drive under M-Sport banner, but that is only IRC.

So Dennis Kuipers is only as a M-Sport driver in WRC 2010 in a S2000 car.

alleskids
13th March 2010, 21:43
excactly. Too bad, because Dennis Kuiper would make more impression if he can challange the other S2000 drivers for a championship. Ipatec Racing could even register for SWRC if they found 1 or 2 drivers willing to do New Zealand and France.
Just for a hypothetical view :) , does a World Cup/ SWRC team have to use the same brand of car for all of the 7 rallies they could do with 7 different drivers?

ProRally
17th March 2010, 08:56
Nice clip about Albert on wrc.com

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?featureid=1492&desc=Mexico%202010:%20Albert%20Llovera&lnk=300

atsiotras79
19th March 2010, 19:56
Small gallery... :)

Test - Janne Tuohino - Ford Fiesta S2000

http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=73171

dimviii
19th March 2010, 20:07
Amazing photo!!
Where was the test Tasos?
http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=73293&g2_serialNumber=1

atsiotras79
19th March 2010, 20:08
Halkidiki

dimviii
19th March 2010, 20:16
Photos are a m a z i n g ! ! !
http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=73709&g2_serialNumber=1

alleskids
20th March 2010, 15:27
Jari Ketomaa's Ford Fiesta S2000

dimviii
20th March 2010, 21:24
Jari Ketomaa's Ford Fiesta S2000

seems that must be THE livery!! :eek:

alleskids
20th March 2010, 23:41
with a Dragon on the front :)

StevieWonder
21st March 2010, 11:52
according this article Östberg was testing Peugeot S2000 in France (Ogier´s 207 at the Monte); moreover as Seb was testing his new Citroen in the same area, he also wanted to test a S2000 for the first time - so Mads was getting his co-driver and Seb gave him some hints for driving the 207 !

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2010/03/20/loeb-mit-oestberg-im-s2000/index.html

tolis
21st March 2010, 21:38
Small gallery... :)

Test - Janne Tuohino - Ford Fiesta S2000

http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=73171
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhUSwEIy2u8

atsiotras79
22nd March 2010, 06:37
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhUSwEIy2u8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lZG-Cf55lA

Now it is playing! :)

atsiotras79
22nd March 2010, 09:03
And an even better video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b4Vszlv2cQ

alleskids
14th April 2010, 21:07
PG Andersson is been added to the SWRC, he will have number 53, and apperently will do 8 rallies. He is sceduled for 7 (Jordan, Portugal, Finland, Germany, Japan, France, wales) plus he keeps his points for winning in Sweden
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/s2000_entry.aspx

Sulland
6th May 2010, 11:28
Nasser is unhappy with Rene Georges planning: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83336

RS
6th May 2010, 20:40
Nasser is unhappy with Rene Georges planning: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83336

I don't know for sure but I think this may be something to do with a lack of parts from xTrac due to demand for Fiestas and Fabias.

Anyway, this weekend I am expecting Ketomaa to do well on the fast gravel roads and it might be easy for him with Andersson away.

Sulland
14th May 2010, 11:17
Did Nasser break off the contract for SWRC with Rene Georges RS ?

RICARDO75
14th May 2010, 11:48
Yes he did

HaCo
14th May 2010, 12:28
Here a reaction from the RGRS team:
http://www.speedactiontv.be/Rene_Georges_reagit_aux_commentaires_de_Nasser_Al_ Attiyah-5069-1.aspx

Why did they not bring a gearbox and some other parts?
- Not enough spares in time, so this meant they had to take the last possible flight (like RS explained, high demand of Fiesta and Skoda).
- In that flight there was not enough place, this meant they had to make choices.
- As the transmission was just revised (it had run 0km), they decided not to take those parts with them.

At the end they had almost no problems with the car. Rene Georges explains they are a private team and they run the team with the means they recieve from the drivers sponsor, they are not a factory team.

Sulland
15th May 2010, 09:52
http://translate.google.no/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedactiontv.be%2FRe ne_Georges_reagit_aux_commentaires_de_Nasser_Al_At tiyah-5069-1.aspx&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

alleskids
16th May 2010, 11:51
Michal Kosciuszko will temporary switch to a Skoda Fabia S2000 for the Portugal Rally

"Due to problems with Symtech Racing, we were forced to search for other products. Since the failure to ensure that another Ford Fiesta S2000 Rally for the Portuguese, the decision was made for the temporary partnership with the JM Racing team from the Czech Republic. Michal Kosciuszko and Maciek Szczepaniak in the next two races will appear in the Škoda Fabia S2000. I hope this decision will not adversely affect the outcome of our crew, " said Jan Kosciuszko, leading Dynamic World Rally Team.

Mirek
16th May 2010, 12:14
Michal had a short test to learn something about the car a week a go. Photos are here: http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/gallery/show/id/1273494284

He will drive Fabia also on Rajd Polski, this year counted only in ERC and Polish Championship.

alleskids
16th May 2010, 12:32
Do factories like Ford and Skoda suffer under the expanding sales of the Super 2000 rallycars, or is it the workload of the small private teams like Symtech and RGRS that cause these problems?

Mirek
16th May 2010, 12:34
As far as I know all teams lack more spare parts, both Ford and Skoda ones.

GigiGalliNo1
16th May 2010, 17:23
So Nasser won't be doing SWRC anymore?!?

RS
16th May 2010, 17:55

Don't know but Nasser is hoping to start IRC Sardinia in a works Fabia S2000.

Will be nice to see Kosciuszko alongside Andersson at JM racing in Portugal. They seem to be two of the fastest drivers in sWRC.

ProRally
16th May 2010, 17:58

I think he HAS to go the SWRC, he entered the championship. We know quickly in Portugal. :D :D

Bobcat
16th May 2010, 18:05
]As far as I know all teams lack more spare parts, both Ford and Skoda ones.
Nope but only parts for Skoda's cars.

Mirek
16th May 2010, 18:20
I know what I'm talking about, sorry.

Bobcat
16th May 2010, 18:58
Sorry man, you're wrong/lying.

RS
16th May 2010, 19:05

Nice.

Both Ford and Skoda use xTrac transmission components and Koscuizsko just switched from Ford to Skoda, so...?

Xsara Fan
16th May 2010, 22:36

Why are you so sure?

alleskids
16th May 2010, 22:38
Bobcat knows the exact reason why Kosziuszko is switching to the Skoda and why Al Attiyah is skipping the RGRS..... yes???

Bobcat
17th May 2010, 18:57
Why are you so sure?
Negative campaigning, also known more colloquially as "mudslinging" and good luck to Skoda and Skoda's fans. ;)

Bobcat
18th May 2010, 14:08
Bobcat knows the exact reason why Kosziuszko is switching to the Skoda and why Al Attiyah is skipping the RGRS..... yes???
Yeah, you bet! I know the answer.

Michal Kosciuszko will make a one-off appearance in a JM Racing Skoda Fabia S2000 when he returns to Super 2000 World Rally Championship duty in Portugal later this month.
The move was prompted after the Pole destroyed his Symtech Racing-prepared Ford Fiesta on the Jordan Rally last month. Although the Belgian squad had sourced a replacement Fiesta from builder M-Sport, delays obtaining funds from the team’s insurance company to ready a new car meant Kosciuszko went in search of an alternative seat for the Faro-based rally.
“It was a close call between if the car was repairable or a total loss and it was decided that it was a total [loss],” said Symtech boss Dirk van der Sluys. “Although M-Sport could get a new car for us there was some delay with the insurance and, at the end of the day, Michal didn’t want to take the risk so he will use a Skoda for Portugal although it won’t be run by our team.”

ProRally
18th May 2010, 15:02
Nasser goes back to Fiesta S2000

KEIN SKODA-START
Al-Attiyah wieder im Ford
Nasser Al-Attiyah wird künftig wieder in einem Ford Fiesta S2000 in der SWRC antreten. Bemühungen einen neuen Skoda Fabia S2000 zu finden, scheiterten.

LÖSUNG: Nasser Al-Attiyah startet wieder mit einem Ford Fiesta S2000
Nach der Rallye Neuseeland war Schluss mit Lustig. Nasser Al-Attiyah verkündete die Trennung von seinem Einsatzteam Rene Georges Rally Sport, weil der Katari die notwendig Unterstützung vermisste. „Wir haben kaum Ersatzteile“, fluchte Al-Attiyah. „Wir haben zwar einige Sachen hier, aber wenn das Getriebe oder die Differenziale streiken, ist die Rallye für uns vorbei.“

Aber der schnelle Fahrzeug- und Teamwechsel ging nicht reibungslos über die Bühne. Mit Hilfe von VW-Sportchef Kris Nissen versuchte Al-Attiyah eine rasche Lösung für den bevorstehenden WM-Lauf in Portugal zu finden. Doch alle Versuche auch weiterhin ein S2000 der Konzernschwester Skoda zu bewegen, scheiterten. Al-Attiyah hatte Angebote vom italienischen Skoda-Importeur, des tschechischen JM Teams, sowie vom Polen Leszek Kuzaj, der seinen Fabia jedoch am vergangenen Wochenende bei einem polnischen Lauf zerstörte.

Der VW-Werkspilot machte kurzen Prozess und entschied sich künftig wieder mit einem Ford Fiesta S2000 anzutreten, mit dem er seine SWRC-Läufe in Portugal, Finnland, Japan und Großbritannien bestreiten wird.

alleskids
18th May 2010, 16:27
rough translation :)
Nasser Al-Attiyah will take up again in the future in a Ford Fiesta S2000 in the SWRC. efforts to find a new Skoda Fabia S2000, failed.

SOLUTION: Nasser Al-Attiyah will start again with a Ford Fiesta S2000
After the Rally of New Zealand was concluded with Lustig. Nasser Al-Attiyah announced the separation from his race team Rene Georges Rally Sport, because of the necessary support Qatar's missing. "We have no spare parts", cursed Al-Attiyah. "We do have some things here, but if the gear or the differentials on strike, rally for us is over."

But the fast car and team change did not go without a hitch. With the help of VW's head of Kris Nissen tried Al-Attiyah a quick solution for the upcoming World Championship race in Portugal to find. But all attempts to continue a move to S2000 of sister company Skoda, failed. Al-Attiyah had offers from the Italian importer of Skoda, the Czech JM teams, as well as from Poland Leszek Kuzaj of its Fabia destroyed but last weekend at a Polish run.

The VW factory driver made short work and decided to continue again with a Ford Fiesta S2000 compete with which he will contest his SWRC runs in Portugal, Finland, Japan and Britain

Mirek
18th May 2010, 17:35
Last car Kuzaj destroyed was his private Porsche last year. His S2000 is ok, it only suffered some damage on shakedown but made the rest of rally to the podium ;)

ProRally
18th May 2010, 18:41
Originally Posted by
Michal Kosciuszko will make a one-off appearance in a JM Racing Skoda Fabia S2000 when he returns to Super 2000 World Rally Championship duty in Portugal later this month.
The move was prompted after the Pole destroyed his Symtech Racing-prepared Ford Fiesta on the Jordan Rally last month. Although the Belgian squad had sourced a replacement Fiesta from builder M-Sport, delays obtaining funds from the team’s insurance company to ready a new car meant Kosciuszko went in search of an alternative seat for the Faro-based rally.
“It was a close call between if the car was repairable or a total loss and it was decided that it was a total [loss],” said Symtech boss Dirk van der Sluys. “Although M-Sport could get a new car for us there was some delay with the insurance and, at the end of the day, Michal didn’t want to take the risk so he will use a Skoda for Portugal although it won’t be run by our team.”

Very very strange as the everything was/is in place for getting a new Fiesta.
The procedure of the insurance company takes time, even M-Sport was happy to deal directly with the insurance company, so there was no delay....
Anyway we will see how he does with the Fabia in Portugal and Polski

GigiGalliNo1
19th May 2010, 04:23
Well, Nasser told me that there isn't much difference in driving the Skoda to the Fiesta so he wasn't fussed.

dimviii
20th May 2010, 20:10
http://www.rallybuzz.com/al-attiyah-reunited-autotek/

RS
21st May 2010, 09:42
Is Nasser still going to do IRC or has he chickened out after Argentina?

Sulland
11th August 2010, 09:03
Brynildsen leaves RGRS after a turbulent season.

Joins forces with PG in Slovak team JM Racing for Germany and onwards.

alleskids
11th August 2010, 09:35
That leaves RGRS without clients? Loix's car is being carred of by Skoda Motorsprt, Al Attiyah went back to his old team, and now Brynildsen :(

Mirek
11th August 2010, 10:55
Brynildsen leaves RGRS after a turbulent season.

Joins forces with PG in Slovak team JM Racing for Germany and onwards.

JM Racing is from Zlín, CZ ;)

hari
12th August 2010, 07:38
Patrik Sandell was testing for ADAC Rally Germany in Austria.

Some photos and a 5 minutes video can be found here:
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_test_110810_sandell.php

http://www.ir7.at/content/newsimg/v/test110810m.jpg

Sulland
3rd October 2010, 15:13
Again was the S2000 class the most exiting, this time in France.

Must say I am a bit sorry that the S2000 car was not to be a gap filler in WRC for 2011. Could have been a thrilling year !

pantealex
3rd October 2010, 18:23
108p Pons (2wins)
(104p Prokop (0wins) has done all 7 rallies)
101p Ketomaa (3wins)
99p Sandell (2wins)

Great battle in Wales!

(points 25 18 15 12 10 8 6 4 2 1)

Sulland
13th November 2010, 10:03
Looks like Brynildsen still has issues with the diffs, he is slower than usual.

ProRally
13th November 2010, 18:40
It will go down to the last stage .... :hot:

OldF
13th November 2010, 19:01
Hope so. About 76 km and 25 s.

RS
13th November 2010, 20:48
So if Ketomaa can overhaul Mikkelsen then he will be champ?

Looks tricky... Jari was much better today than yesterday but Andreas didn't drop much time even when he had technical problems.

Alvaro_Rally
14th November 2010, 15:59
Congratulations for Xevi Pons!

He had not a good pace during the last events of the season but he had a reliable driving - rally is not only to be the fastest man!

Ketomaa and Mikkelsen will have a good future on WRC.

Barreis
14th November 2010, 20:29
Remember him from Punto S1600 JWRC days..

alleskids
14th December 2010, 19:53
Bernardo Sousa has cinfirmed the 2011 SWRC. He will not defend his national title, but but everything on the S-WRC.

For the 2011 S-WRC we have so far:
Juha Hanninen - Red Bull Baumgarter team - Skoda Fabia
Bernardo Sousa - Team Ford/Quanta de Lorde - Ford Fiesta
Michał Kościuszko - Dynamic World Rally Team - Ford Fiesta
Ott Tänak - ? - ?
? - Adapta World Rally Team - Ford Fiesta

br21
14th December 2010, 21:02
I think Kosciuszko plans are still undecided