PDA

View Full Version : Rosberg: It was Schumi who made F1 dangerous

CNR
1st January 2010, 23:16
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155650/1/rosberg_it_was_schumacher_who_made_f1_dangerous.ht ml

It has emerged that before he knew Michael Schumacher would be his team-mate at Mercedes Grand Prix in F1 2010, Nico Rosberg had accused his compatriot of taking driving standards in the sport to a new low...

Nikki Katz
2nd January 2010, 00:09
While I agree that Schumacher's driving style wasn't right, if he got away with it and everything was legal so long as he did it then it's not really Schumacher's problem, more an issue with the sport itself. I don't think that his moves were outright dangerous, just might have resulted in accidents, and it's not like nobody pulled off overly aggressive moves before Schumacher was around.

I really just hope that we can finally get some consistency with the penalties handed out now that Max has gone. Though I'm not holding my breath.

motetarip
2nd January 2010, 01:18
...I don't think that his moves were outright dangerous, just might have resulted in accidents...

I thought accidents in motor racing generally were dangerous! :eek:

ShiftingGears
2nd January 2010, 01:26
Did Nico never watch Senna drive?

Rollo
2nd January 2010, 03:33
There is a distinct difference between "driving standards" and the intent of the driving; even at law there is a difference between careless and culpable driving.

I think that Schumacher had excellent car control, and as such 99% of the time, the standard of his driving in particular was par excellence. What I do object to is the intent of some of his maneuvers, which were deliberate, and not the result of careless driving; where the standard of car control is still excellent.

You can look to someone like Montoya who suffered from brain fade on the odd occasion, or de Cesaris who early on in his career had a string of little accidents, but Schumacher did not lower driving standards through carelessness.

F1boat
2nd January 2010, 07:18
In Monaco 2004, when Montoya hit Michael, it was pure malice IMO, not even trying to gain something, but malice. Anyway, in F1 drivers are there to win and although I was from the few people who thought that Kobayashi is dangerous, I had no problem with Webber's moves. IMO this can not be "after you sir" sport. Nico should better learn this and as a winless driver, for now he should comment less IMO.

Garry Walker
2nd January 2010, 07:43
It is supposed to be dangerous.

Valve Bounce
2nd January 2010, 07:49

Probably Yes!!

2nd January 2010, 10:04

Exactly.

CNR
2nd January 2010, 10:49
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/10/11/10-worst-backmarkers/

Keke Rosberg

Rosberg’s driving manners were usually sound but what he did to Ayrton Senna in a rage during the 1985 European Grand Prix would surely earn a lengthy ban today.
Having spun out in a clash with Senna early into the race Rosberg ducked into the pits, emerging just metres in front of Senna, who had Rosberg’s team mate Nigel Mansell close behind.
Rosberg proceeded to carefully block Senna, allowing Mansell past, before turning up the turbo boost and scampering free of the pair of them. Mansell cruised home to take his first Grand Prix win…

http://www.eliodeangelis.info/elio_de_angelis_tributes_mike-doodson.php

scrap which saw him cross the line a tyre's width in front of Keke Rosberg.

tinchote
2nd January 2010, 12:48
It has emerged that before he knew Michael Schumacher would be his team-mate at Mercedes Grand Prix in F1 2010, Nico Rosberg had accused his compatriot of taking driving standards in the sport to a new low...

:eek:

Someone please get this kid a video history of F1.

Or, maybe he thinks that F1 started in 1994 ;)

Langdale Forest
2nd January 2010, 14:44
Renault were the ones who made F1 dangerous.

markabilly
2nd January 2010, 15:39
Nico is just welcoming Schuie to the team..............they should have fun together, like peas in a pod

SGWilko
2nd January 2010, 19:03
It is supposed to be dangerous.

So, why do they spend rather a lot of money improving safety then?

Langdale Forest
2nd January 2010, 21:54
Nothing would have stopped Massa'as from almost becoming a cyclops because that was a freak accident.

BeansBeansBeans
2nd January 2010, 21:59
There is a distinct difference between "driving standards" and the intent of the driving; even at law there is a difference between careless and culpable driving.

I think that Schumacher had excellent car control, and as such 99% of the time, the standard of his driving in particular was par excellence. What I do object to is the intent of some of his maneuvers, which were deliberate, and not the result of careless driving; where the standard of car control is still excellent.

You can look to someone like Montoya who suffered from brain fade on the odd occasion, or de Cesaris who early on in his career had a string of little accidents, but Schumacher did not lower driving standards through carelessness.

You have a different understanding of the phrase 'driving standards' than I do. For me, it refers to driving behaviour, rather than driving ability.

Valve Bounce
3rd January 2010, 02:38
I note that with the arrival of one SchM back into F1, we have a halluva lot more to talk about in the off season. That, alone, is a good thing surely.

race aficionado
3rd January 2010, 03:30
In Monaco 2004, when Montoya hit Michael, it was pure malice IMO, not even trying to gain something, but malice.

aaaahhhhh . . .
This incident brings great memories when this board got all lit up after this tunnel encounter.

And in this one F1boat and I were in different sides of the fence when it came to our opinions, I'm sure . . .

Michael and his patented swerve and undisputed driving talent and his encounters with my man Juan and his undisputed driving talent are one for the ages . . . .

. . . and yes, I am aware that I should not combine the words "undisputed" when it comes to Michael Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya.
:D
:s mokin:

F1boat
3rd January 2010, 09:41
I think that I didn't like MS that much in 2004, too boring. Only after he was not dominant I realized how special is he. Sad, but true.

ioan
3rd January 2010, 18:50

Nico's a zero with a big mouth. His words will haunt him soon.

52Paddy
3rd January 2010, 20:00

+1 :up:

He's a little nanny. Boys will be girls I guess... :s

ioan
3rd January 2010, 22:21
Perhaps he was using it in a psychological way to state that he is the new top German driver and he aims to prove that he is the best.

In this case I wonder what he will say about all the other German drivers who won at least 1 Formula1 race, something Rosberg is yet to achieve.

wedge
4th January 2010, 00:35
Next time Nico bumps into Sterling Moss, Nico should ask Moss about Giuseppe Farina

Mia 01
4th January 2010, 19:34
Nico is no new Seb or for that matter Lewis.