PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 WRC 2010-Interest check?

tannat
28th December 2009, 19:06
After a rather poor turnout for the recent fun event, I wanted to check and see who was interested in participating in the 2010 CMR2 WRC.

I plan to post rules and a calendar after the New Year....

James

52Paddy
29th December 2009, 01:37
Shame to see that things have really died off around here. With Windows 7, I've been unsuccessful over the past few months in getting my game to work with various methods :( It doesn't look like I'll be submitting an entry for 2010 (the first time since 2004 I think!)

tannat
29th December 2009, 12:50
Shame to see that things have really died off around here. With Windows 7, I've been unsuccessful over the past few months in getting my game to work with various methods :( It doesn't look like I'll be submitting an entry for 2010 (the first time since 2004 I think!)

Looks as if you and LCD have the same issue. I'm hoping this Windoas 7 problem will be able to resolved, eventually...

52Paddy
29th December 2009, 14:51
Looks as if you and LCD have the same issue. I'm hoping this Windoas 7 problem will be able to resolved, eventually...

I'd say it will be eventually - when people with the 'know-how' spend time on resolving the issue. Its just a shame that with a brand-spanking new PC, with quite high specifications, I can't run one of my favourite games :(

I might see if its possible to get my hands on a Windows XP installation disc and then have two operating systems on the computer. That way, I could have the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, I'm told Windows stop selling XP last April.

I am evil Homer
29th December 2009, 17:36
Def interested in participating again...just don't have time right now to do events outside of the designated calender as it means getting the PS2 out of the cupboard

tannat
29th December 2009, 17:44
Def interested in participating again...just don't have time right now to do events outside of the designated calender as it means getting the PS2 out of the cupboard

Great to hear it Homer :up:

JTLarsen
1st January 2010, 15:53
As I told you before I will try to do selected events this year, but only time will tell how many.

pettersolberg29
1st January 2010, 19:03
I'm in for most if not all events.

Rat
4th January 2010, 14:54
I'd like to join in again but am having trouble installing the CMR2

lugnut_usa
6th January 2010, 19:03
I'd be interested, even if I'm not terribly competitive. In the past I've had to drop a lot of my gaming time because of my wife's health issues, but things are a lot better this year than they've been in the past.

Also re: the Win7 issue, I need to put more time into it. I've got CMR2 running in Win7 but the road and sky textures don't show up...just a smooth, grey or white "blank" space. So, it's functional...just really not that pleasant to use. But I think we can get it there. I need to go back and review what I did.

As for my own system, I do have it configured as an XP/Win7 dual boot...so actually running CMR2 isn't an issue for me.

pettersolberg29
6th January 2010, 19:39
So only me, tannat and Homer are sure they can follow a whole calendar? Someone needs to come up with a cure for Windows 7 asap!

tannat
6th January 2010, 19:55
So only me, tannat and Homer are sure they can follow a whole calendar? Someone needs to come up with a cure for Windows 7 asap!

Stay tuned..

rules and entry thread next week

Monte Carlo opener the week following :up:

pettersolberg29
6th January 2010, 20:17
Personally looking forward to it - the first rally is often my favourite.

RALLYBOY20
15th January 2010, 14:28
I'm IN to :D

tannat
15th January 2010, 16:47
I'm IN to :D

See the entry thread, rallyboy..