PDA

View Full Version : TVR

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 13:49
TVR, the UKs largest car manufacturer, went into administration just before Christmas. It's workers were made redundant and production ground to a halt. This was on the background rumor that its' Russian owner, Nikolai Smolenski, had decided that he wanted to move production of the cars abroad.

Several parties expressed an interest in Blackpool Automotive, the manufacturing arm of TVR, with four displaying enough financial backing for a respectable bid.

The bids have been submitted, accepted, verified and we now have a winner. The new owner of Blackpool Automotive, complete with all the maufacturing plant, equipment, Trademarks and current car stock is...............

Nikolai Smolenski

Yes the same Nikolai Smolenski who forced the car company into administration less than 3 months ago.

:rolleyes:

Robinho
23rd February 2007, 14:00
i believe this is something to do with the name and design rights.

he split the company up thinking that he could then take the name, design rights etc and start up production of the new TVR's in Italy, whilst putting the production arm into admin (the recentley created Blackpool Automotive) however it seems that he got his sums wrong somewhere along the line and he was not able to carry out his plans, hence the move of young Mr Smolenski of buying the manufacturing arm again!

i read the details in Evo magazione a few weeks ago, i would think they still have some of the story on their website as i am not sure of the full etails of what he was trying to do and why it failed.

interesting times ahead for TVR, as ever :rolleyes:

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 14:03
I just fail to understand how, a director of a company who allows it to enter administration is even allowed to field a bid for the company, let alone win the company back :rolleyes:

Is it just me?

oily oaf
23rd February 2007, 16:40
Ah the complex machinations of high finance.
Way beyond the comprehension of a simple grease monkey I'm afraid Carl.
Still as long as they continue to churn out magnificent beasts such as the Tuscan S, The Segaris and the mighty if tragically named T350 I'll be a happy bunny.

I know I'll never be able to afford one but I gain immense satisfaction just by knowing that they're out there.