PDA

View Full Version : Website Builder

pettersolberg29
23rd December 2009, 19:12
Does anyone know of the best way to create a website? I've Googled it and it comes up with loads of 'Free Website Builders' but they all say that they offer great unique things etc. and I'm not sure which is best.

As those from the Rally part of the forums know, I'm tying to do a website charting the career of a particular driver. I want to set it up so that it has a general homepage/introduction thing, and then a page for his rallies. Within that one page I need 5 or so sub-pages which can be chosen i.e. one for each season.

Within these pages I would like a picture followed by text for the results for each rally - about 15 per year. I know all this is a lot to take in, but if anyone has good experiences of any particluar site then it would be great. The more professional the look the better.
Thanks.

raybak
24th December 2009, 04:55
Try Joomla, it's quite easy to use and install.

Ray

Roamy
24th December 2009, 05:35
well it depends on which platform you are one windows, mac, or linux
then it depends on whether you want a static or dynamic or enterprise website

pettersolberg29
24th December 2009, 12:36
raybak - thanks.

fousto - I'm on Windows, but have no idea what those 3 words mean in terms of websites!

Roamy
24th December 2009, 17:36
you are probably just working with static pages so you may want to look at Microsoft Expression - New Way To Build Your Web Site - FREE Trial Version

Try not to get to complex in your selection of programs. Some of them get very involved as they are made to create powerful dynamic database driven websites.

pettersolberg29
24th December 2009, 19:53
Thanks fousto.

J4MIE
24th December 2009, 20:07
You'd probably get better results of what you want by making it yourself, google it or buy a book, it's not hard and quite easy to pick up. And you get your page just how you want it, and probably no advertising etc getting in the way.

Stuartf12007
24th December 2009, 20:15
use a wordpress site to begin with then once you have learned the basics you can go out on your own.