PDA

View Full Version : Yippee NASCAR in Wisconsin!

booger
21st December 2009, 19:08
NASCAR's Nationwide Series just announced that they will be racing at Road America on June 19 (original Milwaukee Mile date). This should bring an unbelievable crowd to the best road racing circuit on the planet.

harvick#1
21st December 2009, 19:42
This should be very interesting, Road America is a very good track and its good to see Nascar finally test the waters

Jonesi
21st December 2009, 19:57
It's the same weekend as Cup at Infineon! At ~2000 miles away it will be difficult for the road course experts to do both.

Continental Op
21st December 2009, 21:45
This is extremely good news

harvick#1
21st December 2009, 22:44
It's the same weekend as Cup at Infineon! At ~2000 miles away it will be difficult for the road course experts to do both.

whats good is that Road America is not a Demo Derby track like Infineon, Montreal, or Mexico. It should be a good race, and as long as Boris Said isn't racing, then thats a plus, he may draw a small crowd, but hes so overrated as a driver. He's become a wreckingball after he gets passed by a few drivers and starts wrecking people on purpose.

I watched him at Petit and they were having a field day with him in the SPEED GT race

NickFalzone
21st December 2009, 22:49
I don't know what the issues were as far as sanctioning fees, marketing, sponsorship, or whatever, but the IRL should be kind of embarrassed that NASCAR is going to be at RA and they are not.

beachgirl
22nd December 2009, 02:26
And, the Director of NNS said that they will be prepared to race in the rain if necessary! Yesssssss!

call_me_andrew
22nd December 2009, 06:07
This should be very interesting, Road America is a very good track and its good to see Nascar finally test the waters

What do you mean "test the waters"? NASCAR has been to Road America before.

http://www.racing-reference.info/race?id=1956-37&series=W

And here's the really awesome part: it rained that day.

Jonesi
22nd December 2009, 10:32
What do you mean "test the waters"? NASCAR has been to Road America before.

http://www.racing-reference.info/race?id=1956-37&series=W

And here's the really awesome part: it rained that day.

So?? The cars really were stock back then.

Lee Roy
22nd December 2009, 13:09
This is great news. I'm looking forward to this race.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd December 2009, 23:56
This is sad they are not at the Mile BUT I must say, I look forward to it. My only issue is them racing at Infineon that weekend. I hope some of the good ringers can do the double.....Would love to see Ron Fellows win on both days!!!

NickFalzone
23rd December 2009, 05:05
Mark, if there's anyone that will try the double, I'd put my money on Kyle Busch. He's traveled pretty far to try and get truck/nwide/cup races on the same weekend even when they're on different racetracks. And at least in nationwide, he's shown some real skill on the roadcourses.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd December 2009, 05:52
Mark, if there's anyone that will try the double, I'd put my money on Kyle Busch. He's traveled pretty far to try and get truck/nwide/cup races on the same weekend even when they're on different racetracks. And at least in nationwide, he's shown some real skill on the roadcourses.

He might, but Carl Edwards and Keselowski are the two guys I know committed to running both.

Kyle may not. He proved his point this year and will be busier with his trucks and making the chase. Not saying he wouldn't be welcome to try, but I do think he isn't the candidate to try it that Carl would be.

Sparky1329
23rd December 2009, 06:05
I'm always happy to see a road course added to the schedule. Fantastic!

ShiftingGears
23rd December 2009, 10:47
Nice. Hopefully Ambrose will be making an appearance there.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd December 2009, 17:41
Nice. Hopefully Ambrose will be making an appearance there.

you and a lot of people. Marcos makes things interesting.....

wbcobrar
23rd January 2010, 20:08
They will have big tv screens at many corners , which is great . I'll be camping (hopefully in our regular ALMS camping spot ) along the tree line to the north west of the Sargento bridge . Stop in and have a beer !!!! This will be my favorite race of the year!!!!

Wade91
23rd January 2010, 23:31
this is awesome :D

i think, they might should have picked a diffront date for the race but hopfully some of the road course speacalists are able to run both races at road america and infenion, a few of the cup series regulairs have run at milwalkie and then infenion the next day the past few years, so hopfully the roas course speacalists will be able to do the same

dunes
6th February 2010, 21:31
Not to beat a dead horse but does this mean they won;t be at the millwalkee mile this year.I'm confused.

wbcobrar
9th February 2010, 12:17
Sad to say no Milwaukee race . The Mile sits on State fair grounds and a combination of rank incompitence and a desire by some in state government to see the end of racing at Americas oldest operating track did her in . A group including Mr. Menard had a plan to save the event , but the fairpark board insisted on some stupid terms that buisnessmen with any sence realised would only lead to failure .

71Fan
9th February 2010, 16:22
Big ol bummer re The Mile.

As to Boris being a wrecking ball. Dang, if he hadn't been willing to share his road racing abillity a whole bunch of NASCAR's finest only view of his cars would have been of his bumper. He is one of the best road-racers ever. Wouldn't rank him with Gurney who consistantly collected NASCAR checkered flags at Riverside, but he is certainly on par with any NASCAR regular except for maybe Stewart and Kyle Busch.

methanolHuffer
9th February 2010, 17:15
Road America is my favorite all time track. I might just plan my vacation around that June date.

I've seen tube frame trucks and late models compete there before an ALMS race a few years ago. I don't know what governing body it was, but they had a huge field of regional oval racers trying to set up their rides for turning left and right. It was almost like going back in time.

71Fan
9th February 2010, 17:24
Riverside's companion race was much the same way back in the day. A huge contingent of locals would show up, some with hopes of making the 500's on Sunday. Everything from purpose built road cars to short track terrorist looking for the next to impossible. Great stuff.

Mark in Oshawa
9th February 2010, 19:12
Big ol bummer re The Mile.

As to Boris being a wrecking ball. Dang, if he hadn't been willing to share his road racing abillity a whole bunch of NASCAR's finest only view of his cars would have been of his bumper. He is one of the best road-racers ever. Wouldn't rank him with Gurney who consistantly collected NASCAR checkered flags at Riverside, but he is certainly on par with any NASCAR regular except for maybe Stewart and Kyle Busch.

He isn't fit to tie Ron Fellow's shoelaces and all the Chevy drivers all were sent to Ron for their road racing tips. Look at the results in the last 10 years of the top 3 series Boris vs Ron. Boris is a great guy, and a good driver at times, but Ron's resume trumps Boris's big hair and big PR.

Style vs substance...but substance has 4 Nationwide wins and 2 Truck series wins I believe, and out of all the Ringers, Fellows has two 2nd place finishes at The Glen, and has run up front a number of times in Cup dates at Infineon and the Glen....

WHen he gets to Wisconsin, he will quietly go about his business...and likely be up front again...

71Fan
10th February 2010, 07:12
No question about Ron being one the best road racers ever. And yuppers, he had to do his share of teaching for semi-quality equipment also.