PDA

View Full Version : Danica's ARCA Testing

DanicaFan
18th December 2009, 19:29
Well, the rain dampened any track activity this morning but they did get some laps run this afternoon. It's currently raining at this time.

Out of the 26 cars that have ran so far, Danica was 12th quickest. Her lap time was 51.095 seconds with a speed of 176.142.

The quickest of this first session so far is Mikey Kile with a lap time of 49.804 with a speed of 180.708

Scotty G.
18th December 2009, 22:01
I just can't get enough Danica coverage.

She needs her own 24 hour channel.

El Libertador
18th December 2009, 22:40
I just hope Danica doesn't overshadow a talent like Alli Owens. They all the look the same with the helmets on, anyway, but everyone will take gender into consideration, and the token female driver is going to be Patrick. It's kind of sad. Is Owens a future Sprint Cup champion? I doubt that. Is she really impressive considering her age and experience? Yes. She has time to learn still, some good finishes behind her, and a good team for 2010.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica do well just because she already has as many haters as Kyle Busch and has never turned a race lap in a stock car.

Interesting to see old Narain Karthikeyan there...he might be fun with fenders.

Mark in Oshawa
19th December 2009, 06:07
I just hope Danica doesn't overshadow a talent like Alli Owens. They all the look the same with the helmets on, anyway, but everyone will take gender into consideration, and the token female driver is going to be Patrick. It's kind of sad. Is Owens a future Sprint Cup champion? I doubt that. Is she really impressive considering her age and experience? Yes. She has time to learn still, some good finishes behind her, and a good team for 2010.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica do well just because she already has as many haters as Kyle Busch and has never turned a race lap in a stock car.

Interesting to see old Narain Karthikeyan there...he might be fun with fenders.

Alli is a pretty good driver from the ARCA events I have seen on TV. She started on the front row for a race this year.

As for other women in NASCAR, Krissy Wallace is the one who has impressed me. Saw her run in a truck at Kentucky and she was in the top 10 when a numbnut took her out....

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 15:53
Right now, Danica is currently sitting 18th quickest in this morning's practice session.

beachbum
19th December 2009, 16:03
Right now, Danica is currently sitting 18th quickest in this morning's practice session.19th now, just ahead of - Milka - and this is Milka's first time in a stock car. Danica's backup car is 31st. Not exactly scintillating. But its' just practice............ Must be the car..........

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 16:22
It is the car. She said the backup car needs some work to get like the primary car.

beachgirl
19th December 2009, 16:54
It is the car. She said the backup car needs some work to get like the primary car.

What does Danica Kool-Aid taste like?

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 17:05

Are you and beachbum related or married ??? ;) :p

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 17:08
Danica was 21st quickest today. They had a full practice session this time. Danica had a lap time of 50.228 with a speed of 179.183.

The quickest driver this morning was Steve Arpin with a lap time of 49.646 with a speed of 181.284.

beachgirl
19th December 2009, 17:11
Are you and beachbum related or married ??? ;) :p

No. I have no idea who Beachbum is. All I know is I'm female. Can't tell that about most of the other posters. :)

beachbum
19th December 2009, 17:22
Are you and beachbum related or married ??? ;) :p No clue who beachgirl is. Are you related to Danica since you use "Danica" in your forum name?

But keep up the optimism. Keselowski couldn't do anything with the same car either...........................

harvick#1
19th December 2009, 17:39

:laugh: :up:

harvick#1
19th December 2009, 17:44
19th now, just ahead of - Milka - and this is Milka's first time in a stock car. Danica's backup car is 31st. Not exactly scintillating. But its' just practice............ Must be the car..........

oh it has to be the car, you know "the Brand" thinks she is the greatest racer of all time, she must be overusing the cars capabilities.

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 18:08
Correction on the fastest driver. It was Patrick Sheltra with a lap time of 49.502 and a speed of 181.811.

beachgirl
19th December 2009, 18:13
oh it has to be the car, you know "the Brand" thinks she is the greatest racer of all time, she must be overusing the cars capabilities.

I think it's that nobody in the world can set up any car the way Danica wants it.

harvick#1
19th December 2009, 18:35
I think it's that nobody in the world can set up any car the way Danica wants it.

but its Daytona in December, it shouldn't be too hard to drive :laugh: this is prolly when the track is at its best level of grip, the temps are in cool unlike the summer time when the track is very slick.

also she is in a Hendrick car, in the ARCA series, thats not even fair

ABM1964
19th December 2009, 18:37
Basically she was 5 mph off the pace, boy wonder what excuse her fans will come up with next?

beachgirl
19th December 2009, 19:01
Basically she was 5 mph off the pace, boy wonder what excuse her fans will come up with next?

See Post # 16.

Lee Roy
19th December 2009, 20:47

Yeah, those Hendrick cars are nothing but junk.

You Indy Car fans can come up with a bullspit excuse for anything.

beachgirl
19th December 2009, 21:07
Yeah, those Hendrick cars are nothing but junk.

You Indy Car fans can come up with a bullspit excuse for anything.

Please don't paint all of us with the DanicaFan brush.

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 22:12
This afternoon's practice session is over. Danica did well with the drafting. She was 16th quickest in this session with a lap time of 49.572 with a speed of 181.554.

The quickest driver in this session was James Buescher with a lap time of 49.312 with a speed of 182.511.

beachbum
19th December 2009, 22:43
This afternoon's practice session is over. Danica did well with the drafting. She was 16th quickest in this session with a lap time of 49.572 with a speed of 181.554.

The quickest driver in this session was James Buescher with a lap time of 49.312 with a speed of 182.511.According to ARCA timing and scoring, Danica was 19th. Milka was 13th. Alli was 2nd.

Be careful what you mix in the koolaid

DanicaFan
19th December 2009, 22:46
You are right, I stand corrected. Danica was 19th with a lap time of 49.572 and a speed of 181.554 quickest was Mikey Kile with a lap time of 49.164 and a speed of 183.061.

Continental Op
19th December 2009, 23:44
This says absolutely nothing about her stock car capabilities. She got a great car and it's a platetrack and it's ARCA, some of these guys ain't got "great" cars. She have done aeroplate racing in IRL for five years so it's no big surprise she "did well in the draft".

When they put her on a half mile track with 20 other cars we will see if she got game

oh I saw she pulled out of the Nationwide daytona race, tactical and smart move :)

NickFalzone
20th December 2009, 01:43
This says absolutely nothing about her stock car capabilities. She got a great car and it's a platetrack and it's ARCA, some of these guys ain't got "great" cars. She have done aeroplate racing in IRL for five years so it's no big surprise she "did well in the draft".

When they put her on a half mile track with 20 other cars we will see if she got game

oh I saw she pulled out of the Nationwide daytona race, tactical and smart move :)

Her trading Daytona for Fontana kind of disproves the point you just tried to make.

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2009, 08:10

I still wonder how they think ARCA is any safer? Anyone watch last year's Daytona ARCA adventure? The Big one happened a couple of times....

I think they don't want her to have to contend with 15 cup regulars, but I wish they would spare us the fiction they want her to learn where she is likely to be in a wreck. THAT isn't the ARCA gang at Daytona.

Easy Drifter
20th December 2009, 08:11
What I find amusing is that Milka is faster in far fewer laps. :D
Alli being fast is no surprise. Tied with Alli is Steve Arpin from Fort Frances in Northern Ont.

harvick#1
20th December 2009, 14:12
I think they don't want her to have to contend with 15 cup regulars, but I wish they would spare us the fiction they want her to learn where she is likely to be in a wreck. THAT isn't the ARCA gang at Daytona.

I don't think thats gonna happen anymore expect at maybe Nashville and Kentucky.

Milwaukee and Memphis are both off so that was 2 more dates where the NWS are with Cup. just about every field this year with 15-20+ Cup drivers

Lee Roy
20th December 2009, 15:55
Please don't paint all of us with the DanicaFan brush.

Sorry, but it's been my experience that Indy Car fans (at least 99% of them) do nothing but come up with excuses for the failure of their drivers and the failure of Indy Car racing in general.

beachgirl
20th December 2009, 16:29
Sorry, but it's been my experience that Indy Car fans (at least 99% of them) do nothing but come up with excuses for the failure of their drivers and the failure of Indy Car racing in general.

Thankfully, I'm in that 1% or so.

Jag_Warrior
20th December 2009, 17:10
What I find amusing is that Milka is faster in far fewer laps. :D
Alli being fast is no surprise. Tied with Alli is Steve Arpin from Fort Frances in Northern Ont.

I didn't even know that Milka was giving stock cars a whirl. And faster than The Danica right out of the box. :D

DanicaFan
20th December 2009, 18:01
Im proud of Danica. She is showing everyone that she will dominate in stock cars as well.http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/images/smilies/wink.gif

Danica was 10th quickest in this morning's session with a lap time of 49.934 and a speed of 180.238.

harvick#1
20th December 2009, 18:15
Thankfully, I'm in that 1% or so.

Ill add to that so maybe we are at 2% now :laugh:

harvick#1
20th December 2009, 18:16
Im proud of Danica. She is showing everyone that she will dominate in stock cars as well.http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/images/smilies/wink.gif

Danica was 10th quickest in this morning's session with a lap time of 49.934 and a speed of 180.238.

DF its PRACTICE!!!!!!!! as AI would say its only practice, who the hell cares!!!!!!! also ARCA is not Nascar!!!!!!

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2009, 18:28

10th aint dominating dude. I think that is why your enthusiasm is misunderstood. You get excited by mediocrity....

This is ARCA and Daytona. It is pretty much meaningless at this point.

DanicaFan
20th December 2009, 22:29
Danica was 5th quickest in the afternoon session. She had a lap time of 49.443 with a speed of 182.028.

She had a great weekend!

Congrats Danica!

Easy Drifter
21st December 2009, 01:14
Not bad but many of the fast cars did not go out today including Alli Owens and Milka Duno.
Danica turned about 40 more laps than anyone else.
I congratulate Elli who turned 2nd fastest on Sat. while DP was 19th and Milka 13th

NickFalzone
21st December 2009, 02:34
I'm curious about the Milka Duno thing. Has she run ARCA in the past? I almost wonder if she's taking some of the Citgo money to make Danica look bad, particularly after the water bottle incident last summer. That may be reading too much into things, but it would be really funny if Milka ended up running a schedule like Danica, and ended up doing better.

beachbum
21st December 2009, 02:58
I'm curious about the Milka Duno thing. Has she run ARCA in the past? I almost wonder if she's taking some of the Citgo money to make Danica look bad, particularly after the water bottle incident last summer. That may be reading too much into things, but it would be really funny if Milka ended up running a schedule like Danica, and ended up doing better.Milka's first time in a stock car was this weekend. The quotes from Todd Braun suggests they approached her, not the other way around - "When Milka and I met, I expressed an interest in testing her in a stock car"

NickFalzone
21st December 2009, 03:47
Milka's first time in a stock car was this weekend. The quotes from Todd Braun suggests they approached her, not the other way around - "When Milka and I met, I expressed an interest in testing her in a stock car"

results so far I guess haven't been bad. But I have to seriously wonder what Todd Braun is thinking when Milka seems like a good idea for an Arca driver. More likely Todd Braun "expressed an interest" in her Citgo money.

Mark in Oshawa
21st December 2009, 04:07
results so far I guess haven't been bad. But I have to seriously wonder what Todd Braun is thinking when Milka seems like a good idea for an Arca driver. More likely Todd Braun "expressed an interest" in her Citgo money.

For sure Braun wants the money. He wanted to test a couple of Brazilians earlier and he all but admitted he would love some Brazilian sponsor money. THat didn't happen...so now he rolls out Milka Duno, who cannot stand to not go where Danica goes. Sheesh....

Phoenixent
21st December 2009, 07:19
I can't wait until Danica is in NASCAR full time and DF is over here full time. Then he can get pounded on by the regulars in the NASCAR forum. :D

Continental Op
21st December 2009, 21:43
Her trading Daytona for Fontana kind of disproves the point you just tried to make.
Didn't know that but my point was she is pulling out because the field is too strong. Will there be that many cup guys at Fontana?

(Point was not safety Mark, those ARCA races at the plate-tracks are crazy but I doubt Danica will be at the tail of the pack in her JRM-car)

beachgirl
22nd December 2009, 02:29
Danica has been in upper tier rides in Indy Car. Her usual mo is to qualify well (single car on the track), and then advance backward for most of the race. It remains to be seen if she will have the same pattern in ARCA and NNS, regardless of the excellence of the equipment.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd December 2009, 00:04
Didn't know that but my point was she is pulling out because the field is too strong. Will there be that many cup guys at Fontana?

(Point was not safety Mark, those ARCA races at the plate-tracks are crazy but I doubt Danica will be at the tail of the pack in her JRM-car)

The big one can happen anywhere. Believe me, Anyone who thinks Danica is avoiding the big one by running ARCA is not realistic.

The instant classic
23rd December 2009, 23:05
I can't wait until Danica is in NASCAR full time and DF is over here full time. Then he can get pounded on by the regulars in the NASCAR forum. :D
:ninja:
i will buy my ticket to watch the show :D

beachbum
24th December 2009, 01:36
I can't wait until Danica is in NASCAR full time and DF is over here full time. Then he can get pounded on by the regulars in the NASCAR forum. :D DF does get a bit "enthusiastic" about DP, but unlike some other people who go all ga-ga over her, he never attacks any other driver or even those who poke fun at him on various forums. For that alone, he gets my respect. I may not agree with him, but he is entitled to his opinions.

Now as for those who denigrate and attack any driver who dares to do better than DP, or throw around insults at anyone who may not think she is "wonder woman" (an actual quote from an article on DP), they can just stuff it. :)

harvick#1
24th December 2009, 01:41
:ninja:
i will buy my ticket to watch the show :D

:D

The instant classic
24th December 2009, 01:43
DF does get a bit "enthusiastic" about DP, but unlike some other people who go all ga-ga over her, he never attacks any other driver or even those who poke fun at him on various forums. For that alone, he gets my respect. I may not agree with him, but he is entitled to his opinions.

Now as for those who denigrate and attack any driver who dares to do better than DP, or throw around insults at anyone who may not think she is "wonder woman" (an actual quote from an article on DP), they can just stuff it. :)

that is very true, and i know DF from other racing forums and hes always been very nice to all the drivers and to me when i reply to him