PDA

View Full Version : Your biggest ever purchase?

Hazell B
18th December 2009, 16:03
What's the most expensive thing you ever bought?

I've got a car, a van, a house and a stable yard, with the yard so far my most costly thing. It was only £18,000 in all (land, buildings and everything) so probably less than most of you would spend on a car!

Just put an offer in on another house. Not expensive, as it's to rent out rather than live in. Thought it would bother me spending £55k plus, but it hasn't at all. Strange considering I'm usually so stingey :p :

Having said that, if the boiler and heating system cost more than a grand I'll moan for months ..... :mark: :rolleyes:

harvick#1
18th December 2009, 16:09
mine would be my car for now, until I can buy a home :p : so 23,000 US

Daniel
18th December 2009, 16:23
What's the most expensive thing you ever bought?

I've got a car, a van, a house and a stable yard, with the yard so far my most costly thing. It was only £18,000 in all (land, buildings and everything) so probably less than most of you would spend on a car!

Just put an offer in on another house. Not expensive, as it's to rent out rather than live in. Thought it would bother me spending £55k plus, but it hasn't at all. Strange considering I'm usually so stingey :p :

Having said that, if the boiler and heating system cost more than a grand I'll moan for months ..... :mark: :rolleyes:
Maybe check out of you can get on the boiler scrappage scheme, well if that'll be any benefit to you :)

Sonic
18th December 2009, 16:44
Are we talking the obvious like cars and houses and the like? Or things we buy just because?

if its the later I guess its my guitars, otherwise its the house, cars.

Hazell B
18th December 2009, 16:48
Any one thing, Sonic. Not a collection, more a single purchase that's huge.

Boiler scrappage, eh? Never knew it existed.
Thanks.

Mark
18th December 2009, 17:07
Obviously houses and cars are going to be the biggest. It's the rest that's the interesting ones.

GridGirl
18th December 2009, 19:00
House, I got the keys to my new one last Friday in fact. Apart from that it would be my car and I suppose holidays. I'm not a gadget person so don't tend to spend on things like that.

schmenke
18th December 2009, 19:05
I don't own my house, I just lease it from the bank :p :

gloomyDAY
18th December 2009, 19:23
Enzo. (http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-Elite-Enzo-Ferrari/dp/B001W0YTKY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1261163983&sr=1-9)

driveace
19th December 2009, 16:50
Has to be my last house ,sold last year for £700K although when i sold it ididnt get that.Current house 3 bed Detached lovely area paid cash for it,then left it empty for5 years ,till we sold the big one.
Paid cash for a new Merc 14 years ago,the 60 year old salesman told me had never ever sold a car for cash before ,85% of cars bought are on lease or HP

Brown, Jon Brow
19th December 2009, 17:36
I still live with my parents so my biggest purchase was my Punto. Apart from that I think the most expensive single purchase was my guitar at about £300. Adding all my amps and effects pedals to my guitar makes it worth over £600.

Brown, Jon Brow
19th December 2009, 20:03
Looking at products I would have to say my car, followed by my Gibson Les Paul Standard Guitar, and my Canon DSLR... :)

I bet your guitar almost cost as much as my car! :(

Brown, Jon Brow
19th December 2009, 20:15
I bet your car is alot more useful though ;)

Its an expensive ornament at the moment and only gets plugged in when I want to inflict abit of Led Zeppelin on the neighbours.. :p

I'd love to be your neighbour!

I fully intend to buy a Gibson one day, but until then my Epiphone is as close as I'll get :(

Daniel
19th December 2009, 20:40
I still live with my parents so my biggest purchase was my Punto. Apart from that I think the most expensive single purchase was my guitar at about £300. Adding all my amps and effects pedals to my guitar makes it worth over £600.
I thought your parents bought your GP? :p

Brown, Jon Brow
19th December 2009, 20:44
I thought your parents bought your GP? :p

I paid them back in installments.

Daniel
19th December 2009, 21:07
I paid them back in installments.
That's me told then!

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2009, 07:58
Two houses, not at the same time. Sold the last one to save my butt when I was laid off and fighting my ex in court at the same time. Lawyer bills are a pain.....

driveace
20th December 2009, 10:11
Been there mark,left me down on my ar*e after paying my ex out,BUT you have got back up and going again.

raybak
20th December 2009, 11:33
House first, then block of land to build dream house on. Funny how 1000 acres block is cheaper than my house.

Ray

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2009, 18:23
Been there mark,left me down on my ar*e after paying my ex out,BUT you have got back up and going again.

It's a long slog, and I have stalled the process telling my boss to shove his job...lol..but THAT was something that had to be done.