PDA

View Full Version : Question to all Schumacher fans

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 22:33
With Michael Schumacher out of formula 1 for the first time in 16 years, who are you other MS fans going to be cheering for this season ?? Are you sticking with Ferrari ??

I myself will find it a lot harder to get up at 3/4 in the morning to watch some of the races knowing Michael won't be there. Although I am a dedicated F1 fan and will be cheering again for Ferrari in 2007. I hope Massa wins with Rakionen in 2nd.

Hawkmoon
22nd February 2007, 22:59
For me, the guy behind the wheel is largely irrelevant. As long as the car comes from Maranello.

I got into F1 because of Ferrari. Drivers come and go but Ferrari are forever! ;)

Now that I've got the fanatical worship out of the way, I have to say that for the first time for a number of years I won't be wanting a particlar driver to win. Whilst I was always happy to see Irvine, Barrichello or Massa win I somehow savoured Michael's wins a bit more. Probably because they brought Ferrari a bit closer to a championship.

So it's back to the Alesi/Berger days. I didn't mind whether car No. 27 or No. 28 won. So long as one of them did. It was, sadly, a very rare occurence. :(

waitey
22nd February 2007, 23:34
Initially when he announced his retirement i thought it would be very hard to cope. But honestly, this coming season is just as exciting as ever. I adored Michael, and he will always remain my favourite driver and in my memory, but we move on, because we all love f1. I will still be supporting Ferrari and hoping Massa and Kimi do well, but in the last year BMW have also grown as a favourite of mine so i hope they keep improving and of course being an Australian, i will also cheer on Webber.

It is sad him not being there, and at times we will notice it without him there and it will be different, but it will still be formula 1 racing, and in the end of the day, that's what drives me crazy with excitement, formula 1. Michael was just a bonus. I will miss him forever though. I still think he should have gone on 1 more season...

BeansBeansBeans
22nd February 2007, 23:38
Not being a fan of any particular driver or team, I luckily don't have these dilemmas! Michael was a big part of F1, but F1 will live on without him in the hands of the next crop of young talent.

akv89
23rd February 2007, 02:21
I'm sticking with Ferrari. I can't see myself really supporting anyone else. I usually support the underdog of the season as well but...is there an underdog at all this year?

Roamy
23rd February 2007, 02:48
as far as the front runners go I am leaning to ferrari. It is a hard trip back after cheatmacher. However I won't fully commit until about 3 races. Underdogs will be toro rosso and aguri. I like alonso but rod dennis is a prix. Eyes are on massa and rak with a bit of a look at rosberg and hekki. of course i like speed but after bergers comments i will hold judgement. I will actually give button a look to see if he can finally shine. The reason I am still looking at button is i have decided not to throw a driver under the bus for not overdriving a car incapable of winning

BeansBeansBeans
23rd February 2007, 08:52
I will actually give button a look to see if he can finally shine. The reason I am still looking at button is i have decided not to throw a driver under the bus for not overdriving a car incapable of winning.

Me neither, but sadly it's looking like the Honda may be well off the pace again come Australia.

F1boat
23rd February 2007, 09:05
I was always either loving or hating MS. I will watch F1, but... I'll miss him a lot :cry:

555-04Q2
23rd February 2007, 10:34
With Michael Schumacher out of formula 1 for the first time in 16 years, who are you other MS fans going to be cheering for this season ?? Are you sticking with Ferrari ??

I myself will find it a lot harder to get up at 3/4 in the morning to watch some of the races knowing Michael won't be there. Although I am a dedicated F1 fan and will be cheering again for Ferrari in 2007. I hope Massa wins with Rakionen in 2nd.

I am first and foremost a Ferrari fan, then a Schumi fan. I will be supporting Ferrari as usual and Massa will be my man for 2007 onwards.

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 10:58
I've always been a Ferrari fan and whilst I respect and am greatful for what Michael did for the team, I feel we have two very good drivers, capable of race and championship wins.

Of slightly more concern is the unknown abilities of various replacements for key figures within the team makeup, in particular the replacement for Ross Brawn, without whom I doubt we would have seen as much sucess as we have in recent years.

I will say that the new season is a very exciting prospect, with so many changes in so many teams :up:

ioan
23rd February 2007, 11:49
I'll support Ferrari as I did since I started watching F1.

as far as the front runners go I am leaning to ferrari. It is a hard trip back after cheatmacher. However I won't fully commit until about 3 races.

Of course you won't fully commit, because you are a fair weather fan not part of the real tifosi. :down:

sezix
23rd February 2007, 11:50
Well I was young at the time but Schui and Ferrari was just something. This was back in 1996. It'll be difficult to no longer see him back I'm a pretty bug Massa fan so....

BeansBeansBeans
23rd February 2007, 12:28
Of course you won't fully commit, because you are a fair weather fan not part of the real tifosi. :down:

So you feel that fans should continue to blindly follow their team even though they feel that they have been cheating?

23rd February 2007, 12:40
For me, the guy behind the wheel is largely irrelevant. As long as the car comes from Maranello.

I got into F1 because of Ferrari. Drivers come and go but Ferrari are forever! ;)

Now that I've got the fanatical worship out of the way, I have to say that for the first time for a number of years I won't be wanting a particlar driver to win. Whilst I was always happy to see Irvine, Barrichello or Massa win I somehow savoured Michael's wins a bit more. Probably because they brought Ferrari a bit closer to a championship.

So it's back to the Alesi/Berger days. I didn't mind whether car No. 27 or No. 28 won. So long as one of them did. It was, sadly, a very rare occurence. :(

Wow, it's like you read my mind, man!

23rd February 2007, 12:42
So you feel that fans should continue to blindly follow their team even though they feel that they have been cheating?

If somebody feels that Ferrari had been cheating, then they weren't a Tifosi.

smiley_opc
23rd February 2007, 12:50
i will stil be cheering for ferrari !!
i would like to see kimi or massa for champion 2007 !!

for the rest i also cheer for webber and ralf schumacher ! just like i did other years, i like it when they do good ! but i prefer a ferrari as champion !

and i still am anti renault/mclaren (it's in my blood now :) )

harsha
23rd February 2007, 13:25
maybe i am not supposed to post here,i am a Mclaren fan long before i saw Raikkonen come on,it will be difficult for people like me,cause i want Kimi to do well and want Mclaren to win :D

any way out of this dilemma :D

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 13:29

<Darth Vader voice> Harsha, move over to the dark(red) side of the force, feel the power within, resistance is futile <Darth Vader voice>

:vader:

harsha
23rd February 2007, 13:48
i thought i was in the dark side already..... :p :

555-04Q2
23rd February 2007, 14:01

Reality check for you mate...every team in F1 has cheated and do so every season. People call it bending the rules, but it is cheating. Time for people to accept that professionalism and big money is here to stay and honest "sport" is now only a memory we all have.

Support who you like and be faithful, through the good and the bad times ;)

fly_ac
23rd February 2007, 14:08
Reality check for you mate...every team in F1 has cheated and do so every season. People call it bending the rules, but it is cheating. Time for people to accept that professionalism and big money is here to stay and honest "sport" is now only a memory we all have.

Support who you like and be faithful, through the good and the bad times ;)

:up:

After all motorsport is a contact sport. :p :

harsha
23rd February 2007, 14:10
and one more way of looking at it is that if Raikkonen wins i'll be happy,if Mclaren and Alonso win,i'll be happy..... :D

555-04Q2
23rd February 2007, 14:21
and one more way of looking at it is that if Raikkonen wins i'll be happy,if Mclaren and Alonso win,i'll be happy..... :D

Nice to see someone is wiining with all the driver shuffling that has gone on :p :

Hawkmoon
23rd February 2007, 14:42
Wow, it's like you read my mind, man!

That's because we Tifosi are all of a similar mind where Ferrari are concerned. ;)

Ferrari seem to be the only F1 team that engenders this type of support from such a large group of people. None of the others do, for whatever reason.

That's not to say that the other teams don't have their supporters. Gannex is a perfect example. I pretty sure he is as passionate about Williams as any of us are about Ferrari.

I'm theorising here, but I think most non-Ferrari fans support the drivers more than the teams. The support for the driver naturally extends to his team. The problem comes when a driver switches teams. Just look at the dilema facing Raikkonen's fans. As Harsha said, he wants Kimi to win but also McLaren and he can't have both because as Connor MacLeod said: "There can be only one!"

I'm going to, for the sake of argument, make the assumption that Harsha is a McLaren fan because of Kimi and not a Kimi fan because of McLaren. Does he continue to support McLaren now that his driver has gone or does he switch allegiance to Ferrari, who he has probably hated for the last 5 years or so?

I'm still theorising here, but I think many of Schumi's fans supported him because he joined Ferrari and are quite comfortable in now supporting the next guy to pull on the red overalls. Ofcourse, it was made much easier for us because he retired a Ferrari driver and we didn't have to deal with the horrible notion of him driving a bloody McLaren (shudder)!

So, the crux of my theory is that fans of Ferrari drivers are more likely to stay fans of the team when the driver departs than fans of drivers from other teams.

At least, I think that's what I was trying to say. I sort of lost track about half way through! :confused: :D

akv89
23rd February 2007, 14:44
maybe i am not supposed to post here,i am a Mclaren fan long before i saw Raikkonen come on,it will be difficult for people like me,cause i want Kimi to do well and want Mclaren to win :D

Just support Raikonnen for the WDC and McLaren for the WCC :)

janneppi
23rd February 2007, 14:51
If somebody feels that Ferrari had been cheating, then they weren't a Tifosi.
that's what i've always though too.
If Jean Todt would tie down Alonso and shoot him in the head, a true tifosi would accuse Alonso of wriggling. :p :

fly_ac
23rd February 2007, 15:43
I'm still theorising here, but I think many of Schumi's fans supported him because he joined Ferrari and are quite comfortable in now supporting the next guy to pull on the red overalls. Ofcourse, it was made much easier for us because he retired a Ferrari driver and we didn't have to deal with the horrible notion of him driving a bloody McLaren (shudder)!

So, the crux of my theory is that fans of Ferrari drivers are more likely to stay fans of the team when the driver departs than fans of drivers from other teams.

I can agree with that.
I became a Ferrari fan because I supported MS, I kept my eye on Kimi when he joined Sauber at the time, but did not support him. Especially when he was at Maclawnmower :erm: , however now that he is at Ferrari I will give him another chance.

One thing I hoped for last year, before MS announced his retirement were to see him (MS) and Kimi at Ferrari, well I got that. :s mokin: Sadly not MS in a car though. :(

Big Ben
23rd February 2007, 16:03
I'll support Ferrari as I did since I started watching F1.

perhaps I don't really understand what he is saying but I understand he's more of a bad weather fan... I d might be wrong though.

I m far from being a ferrari fan but I can say that the team seems much cleaner. There s still JT to leave... and maybe than i won't have the sensation that my team is fighting against the evil.

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 16:51
If Jean Todt would tie down Alonso and shoot him in the head, a true tifosi would accuse Alonso of wriggling. :p :

:up:

:laugh:

Viv
23rd February 2007, 16:53
I'm theorising here, but I think most non-Ferrari fans support the drivers more than the teams. The support for the driver naturally extends to his team. The problem comes when a driver switches teams. Just look at the dilema facing Raikkonen's fans. As Harsha said, he wants Kimi to win but also McLaren and he can't have both because as Connor MacLeod said: "There can be only one!"

I'm going to, for the sake of argument, make the assumption that Harsha is a McLaren fan because of Kimi and not a Kimi fan because of McLaren. Does he continue to support McLaren now that his driver has gone or does he switch allegiance to Ferrari, who he has probably hated for the last 5 years or so?

If you are talking about Harsha, he will support McLaren over Ferrari for sure. I know this because he told me :p :
I dunno about most fans but atleast in this forum there are 2 people who supported the driver because he was in the team and not the other way round. The second person I'm talking about is, of course, myself :)

23rd February 2007, 18:02
that's what i've always though too.
If Jean Todt would tie down Alonso and shoot him in the head, a true tifosi would accuse Alonso of wriggling.

You don't know much about Italian organised crime 'families'.

Todt wouldn't shoot Alonso in the head. He'd make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Either that or get his henchman to kill Fernando.

Which is where Max 'Knuckles' Mosley would come in to the equation.

GridGirl
23rd February 2007, 20:39
I wasnt a Schumacher fan, my hero when I grew up was always Mansell. Mansell had some of his greatest drives and won the championship with Williams so I've supported them rather than any driver for the past 15 years.

It used to be that driver came and went but teams stayed around forever. I dont think its quite the case anymore though.

BeansBeansBeans
23rd February 2007, 21:38
It used to be that driver came and went but teams stayed around forever. I dont think its quite the case anymore though.

I'm pretty sure that just as many, if not more, teams come and go than ever before.

f1rocks
24th February 2007, 03:38
I honestly dont much care for Ferrari. I was only a MS fan. I didnt really want the other Ferrari driver to win that much. Now that he is gone I cant be much bothered by them winning. At the moment I dont know who to support. It might all change after the first race.

I am going for Button or Hamilton. Lets see what happens. Hope Alonso gets his arse kicked big time this year as I still feel he was a 2 times lucky WDC.

tintop
24th February 2007, 07:46
I Hope Alonso gets his arse kicked big time this year as I still feel he was a 2 times lucky WDC.

I'm no Alonso fan, but coming from a fan of the luckiest F1 driver in history, I find this amusing. MS was extremely talented, but during his Ferrari tenure, probably had the greatest equipment/team advantage of any F1 racer in history. Therefore, you should be a huge Ferrari fan.

Viktory
24th February 2007, 13:23
I'll support anyone driving a Ferrari. I love F1 and only because my all-time favourite F1 driver has stopped doesn't mean I will stop watching it. I'll be supporting Massa and Kimi this year.

jens
24th February 2007, 16:20
I don't call myself Schumacher fan, but I consider myself as a Ferrari fan. Emm, probably recently it hasn't been quite evident, because I haven't put much emphasis on Ferrari in my posts. But that's me - if someone is in trouble, then my support strengthens and when they have tasted a lot of success, then it somehow gets too used and smallers attention. It means - success after a long time of waiting is always sweeter than if it comes all the time. :p : So Ferrari must suffer some bad times again to "wake me properly up".

But I became Ferrari fan, when they were in real trouble and I really was almost like a fanatic. I remember that my first model-car was a Ferrari (brought by dad from Sweden) and since then Ferrari has been my favourite or one of the favourite cars. Also I remember that in the mid-90s, when I still was a small kid, I didn't know much about F1, but I heard rumours and also all kinds of friends were saying that oh McLaren, Williams and Renault are great and Ferrari is crap and sucks. I was defending them like a lion, saying: "Once comes a day, when Ferrari will win and all of you idiots will be shut up!" (btw, nowadays Toyota is in a similar situation!)

I admire Schumi's talent and I am thankful to him and his team's effort for ending that awfully long non-title-winning period. I already lost faith as they had lost title for three consecutive years and even in 2000 it seemed to be slipping away. Post-Suzuka race feelings in 2000 are one of the most memorable ones. But at the moment I'm not missing Schumi, I'm just looking forward to the new era.

About half a year ago I doubted whether I get used to Räikkönen in Ferrari, but I have already accustomized with him quite well, so I'm positive. I have one more wish that should bring Scuderia back to good old classic pre-Schumi era: both drivers running nose-to-tail with equal rights.

In my comprehension the concept of a favourite team and a driver are totally different. Fav. team (Ferrari) is supported, whoever drives there and fav. driver (Trulli) is supported, wherever he drives. In most others' case I have so-called passive sympathy, so that if they do badly, then... well happens, everyone can't be good simultaneously, but if they do well, I'll be happy. And then at the end there exists a small group of "neutrals", who might do whatever, but don't bring out significant emotions.

End of a memoir-filled story. :)

f1rocks
24th February 2007, 19:26
I'm no Alonso fan, but coming from a fan of the luckiest F1 driver in history, I find this amusing. MS was extremely talented, but during his Ferrari tenure, probably had the greatest equipment/team advantage of any F1 racer in history. Therefore, you should be a huge Ferrari fan.

You dont win 7 WDC with luck. MS made Ferrari what they were. Lets see where they end up in the next 2-3 years. Only then you can pass statements like these. As soon as MS leaves, none of the other big guys want to stay there. MS was their main motivation. The other drivers lack the same level of motivating the team around them.

Like I said I dont much care for Ferrari. If MS starts driving for Mclaren in 2008, then Ferrari becomes the rival for me. I was and will always remain a Schumacher fan.

Alonso better watch out cause Hamilton is almost at par with him. Plus Hamilton is a rookie with nothing to lose.

Hazell B
24th February 2007, 19:46
You don't know much about Italian organised crime 'families'.

Todt wouldn't shoot Alonso in the head. He'd make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

So poor Alonso should be worried about waking up next to a horses severed head then being fish food at the first lake-side GP? :p :
Expect Guy Richie to already be eyeing up the film rights ;)

I'll be cheering on KR now he's in a decent team, plus Nico R and Nick H for the places. Not so sure they'll each deliver the old thrill of watching MS, but between them I hope to have as many 'ooh' and 'ahhh!' moments.

VresiBerba
24th February 2007, 20:31
MS made Ferrari what they were.

Rubbish. Ferrari not only got Todt a few years earlier but also 19 key personel from Benetton, including Brawn, Byrne and Shumi.

f1rocks
24th February 2007, 22:03
Rubbish. Ferrari not only got Todt a few years earlier but also 19 key personel from Benetton, including Brawn, Byrne and Shumi.

So what did Alesi and Berger do when Todt was around in 94 and 95?? Why did Ross, Byrne and the other gang join after MS joined?? What could Brawn and Byrne do in 96.

Read the history again in case you forgot. MS was the main guy at Ferrari. Lets see what Kimi and Massa do now that the whole gang is gone....

VresiBerba
24th February 2007, 22:05
So what did Alesi and Berger do when Todt was around in 94 and 95??

That's exactly my point; what did ANYONE do at Ferrari before Shumi and his 18 droogs got there.

jens
24th February 2007, 22:13
If you asked, then Alesi and Berger were making significant progress with Ferrari during the period of 1993-1995. The bottom was achieved in 1992 and I don't think anyone expects a team to rise to the top in one season, build-up needs time.

harsha
25th February 2007, 12:10

once a Mclaren fan,always a Mclaren fan,i was a Mclaren fan from 97 onwards.......i always liked Mika Hakkinen a lot,he's my favourite :up:

DimitraF1
25th February 2007, 23:14
i will support ferrari but without michael is never the same

Roamy
26th February 2007, 02:09
i will support ferrari but without michael is never the same

right - now it will be honest and fair

jso1985
26th February 2007, 02:24
MS made Ferrari what they were.

besides from what VresiBerba has already stated, Ferrari was a winning team before Schumacher was even born, can't deny the influence MS had on their rennasaince but he didn't made Ferrari into something they already were.

Roamy
26th February 2007, 02:46
Yea unfortunately F! rocks you are right the current bags of sh!t have made them what they are "Tarnished" Hopefully now they can return to the pristine marque they once where. I am somewhat suspect however as I don't think Luca has the backbone of the old man. I will support them in hopes of this return.

leopard
26th February 2007, 02:56
If you watch A1 there is another talented and young germany driver that maybe suitable for Michael fans alter to him, Nico Hulkenberg

Many source predict him to have a seat at Ferrari in next or two years to go.

f1rocks
26th February 2007, 03:16
If you watch A1 there is another talented and young germany driver that maybe suitable for Michael fans alter to him, Nico Hulkenberg

Many source predict him to have a seat at Ferrari in next or two years to go.

I will never ever be able to support anyone with the same passion as Michael. I am 99.9% certain about that. Nationality does not make any difference in that. MS was very unique. And there will be nobody like him...

As far as Ferrari is concerned. I wish them well. But without MS I dont think I can support them with the same passion. I like Kimi and Massa. But I wont mind Kubica or Heiki or Button or Hamilton being WDC as well.

This year watching F1 will be different for me. I will not have the same level of stress prior to watching an F1 race since Michael is not there. I will be much more relaxed.

f1rocks
26th February 2007, 03:19
Yea unfortunately F! rocks you are right the current bags of sh!t have made them what they are "Tarnished" Hopefully now they can return to the pristine marque they once where. I am somewhat suspect however as I don't think Luca has the backbone of the old man. I will support them in hopes of this return.

So now you are becoming a Tifosi. I think Ferrari is anything but tarnished. Watch an F1 race and the most flags which you will find will be Ferrari flags...You are nothing but a sour loser and you always have been...The moments Kimi starts winning, you will start with the same anti Ferrari, team orders tone....

DimitraF1
26th February 2007, 03:23
fousto every team will support the 1st driver after 3-4 races to keep the lead.only a stubit will lose the championship by let the drivers fight each other

leopard
26th February 2007, 04:09
I will never ever be able to support anyone with the same passion as Michael. I am 99.9% certain about that. Nationality does not make any difference in that. MS was very unique. And there will be nobody like him...

As far as Ferrari is concerned. I wish them well. But without MS I dont think I can support them with the same passion. I like Kimi and Massa. But I wont mind Kubica or Heiki or Button or Hamilton being WDC as well.

This year watching F1 will be different for me. I will not have the same level of stress prior to watching an F1 race since Michael is not there. I will be much more relaxed.
Passion...i feel the same passion of Michael on Alonso, he is even slightly better because of green and less tricky, otherwise in case Button has opportunity trying the better car i will have two Alonso and Button.
Sadly you didn't mention any of them ...

Roamy
26th February 2007, 06:01
I suppose I could relate F1rocks as I had the same passion for Gilles even more so than Jacques. I believe my picks were better men however!! As great as Senna was I actually preferred Mansell as he had strong moral and professional convictions. Prost was a bit froggy but I liked him. Mario and Ronnie were a couple of more very respectable drivers. I liked Nelson also. But after all the years Gilles was the real deal !! Compared to him I would trade every driver back to Fangio for a 6 pack and it wouldn't even need to be cold!! Well I suppose I would up the ante for Jacques

raphael123
26th February 2007, 11:52
f1rocks

I am going for Button or Hamilton. Lets see what happens. Hope Alonso gets his arse kicked big time this year as I still feel he was a 2 times lucky WDC.

How did you come to the conclusion Alonso was 'lucky'?

You dont win 7 WDC with luck. MS made Ferrari what they were. Lets see where they end up in the next 2-3 years. Only then you can pass statements like these. As soon as MS leaves, none of the other big guys want to stay there. MS was their main motivation. The other drivers lack the same level of motivating the team around them.

I don't think anyone said he won 7 titles through luck. MS played a major role in making them the dominant force this decade, but he was not alone. I think Jean Todt was more important than MS. I think Ross Brawn and the other leavers were planning to, whether Schumacher stayed or go. I think MS decision to retire was influence by the departure of key figures such as Ross Brawn if anything rather than the other way round.

Read the history again in case you forgot. MS was the main guy at Ferrari. Lets see what Kimi and Massa do now that the whole gang is gone....

As you say, now a few of the gang have gone (you admit yourself MS was not the sole person who helped make Ferrari successful again), it may be harder for Kimi and Massa to dominate like MS did, but as you say, because the 'gang' have split up.

ioan
26th February 2007, 16:36

None of the F1 teams can be again a pristine mark or whatever of that kind, it's impossible to do that in such a highly professional environment.
You should know that by now, problem is that you chose to ignore it because MS & Ferrari beat the sh!t out of them (including your beloved JV) for so many years!

Big Ben
26th February 2007, 18:06
So what did Alesi and Berger do when Todt was around in 94 and 95?? Why did Ross, Byrne and the other gang join after MS joined?? What could Brawn and Byrne do in 96.

preposterous. reading this kind of claims I begin to hope that KR will win this year the wdc just to prove once and for all that Ferrari (and FIA) made Schu what he is today and not the other way around. I still hate Ferrari though.

Big Ben
26th February 2007, 18:13

once a Mclaren fan,always a Mclaren fan,i was a Mclaren fan from 97 onwards.......i always liked Mika Hakkinen a lot,he's my favourite :up:

Hear hear! you are a great man! :)

26th February 2007, 18:26
Hopefully now they can return to the pristine marque they once where. I am somewhat suspect however as I don't think Luca has the backbone of the old man. I will support them in hopes of this return.

I hate to break the 'news' to you so abruptly. but there was never a time when Ferrari were a 'pristine' marque.

Look at the history and you'll see that Enzo was not a Saint.

f1rocks
27th February 2007, 01:49
Passion...i feel the same passion of Michael on Alonso, he is even slightly better because of green and less tricky, otherwise in case Button has opportunity trying the better car i will have two Alonso and Button.
Sadly you didn't mention any of them ...
I did mention Button. Read my earlier posts. I just dont like Alonso....He is overrated like Flavio said recently..

leopard
27th February 2007, 02:50
sorry i overlooked Button in your earlier posts

How do you define an overrated driver? overrated driver presumably as one whom everyone expect too much towards something he can't achieve it at any sense, I think the opposite Alonso is considered not to win any title, but he has sealed his two consecutive wins briliantly.

No-one can break Michael domination but him, may this be the reason you dislike him? ;)

wmcot
27th February 2007, 05:29

That would rule out an awful lot of F1 teams - in 2007. You could already rule out Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Honda, and Super Aguri for sharing chassis! (Yes, they are sharing chassis no matter what some legal minuscule loophole they try to squeeze through.) Based on your opinion, I think the only team on the grid to cheer for would have to be Spyker since they haven't turned a wheel in a race yet. (Unless you want to consider them an extension of Midland-Jordan)

wmcot
27th February 2007, 05:37
Back to the question: I will support Ferrari as I have for years. I will be very interested to see if Massa can be more consistant than last year and to see if Ferrari can give Kimi a car he can drive to the limit.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that I dislike any of the other teams. Above all, I am a F1 fan and I would love to see a close fight between multiple drivers and teams.

You could say that I am a Ferrari fan, not a fanatic!

ArrowsFA1
27th February 2007, 08:45
No-one can break Michael domination but him, may this be the reason you dislike him? ;)
That might be right on the money. JV and JPM have suffered the same fate as Alonso appears to be now - dismissed as overrated. It tends to happen to those who have challeged and beaten the 7-time champion from time to time. Of course, over the last 10 years no-one has been able to do that consistently, which gives weight to the "overrated" tag for his rivals.

For MS fans no-one can or ever will compare, and finding someone else to support must be tough.

BeansBeansBeans
27th February 2007, 09:08
Based on your opinion, I think the only team on the grid to cheer for would have to be Spyker since they haven't turned a wheel in a race yet. (Unless you want to consider them an extension of Midland-Jordan)

I'm not saying that people shouldn't follow teams who've been guilty of cheating. I'm saying that you can't criticise the likes of Fousto for turning his back of Ferrari when he felt they had crossed the boundaries of what was acceptable.

Osella
27th February 2007, 23:46
For MS fans no-one can or ever will compare, and finding someone else to support must be tough.

Indeed...
I'm lucky that Michael came along at the same time as Piquet was going out! ;)

First of all, I am rooting for Massa, really liked him at Sauber in '03, hope he can bring Kimi down a peg...maybe...
But for me it's got to be BMW as I have always loved them in any kind of racing :up: Heidfeld and Kubica for now, tho I'm waiting for Vettel... ;)
And Spyker; 'The New Minardi' ;) Got to admire their bravery and their quiet determination. When they first rocked up at Le Mans they were rubbish! Then they were even worse with the C12 Spyder at Sebring, but it all came together and they were right on the money in '06, so I'd love them to succeed in F1 too :up:

VresiBerba
28th February 2007, 00:48
Long time no see, Osella :)

leopard
28th February 2007, 03:22
That is unexpected consequence of challenging a multiple winner, dismissed as overrated.

Is this still relavant to stamp Alonso as overrated driver? Having driven an average car He has won over multiple winner of superior car, this could be more irrelevant if he can manage the same success in the new team.

I can avoid Michael big name in F1, his leave left a space that no-one can replace such unique driver as him, an F1 legend. But that might be a right decision despite i wish to see him any longer.

Roamy
28th February 2007, 06:36
I'm not saying that people shouldn't follow teams who've been guilty of cheating. I'm saying that you can't criticise the likes of Fousto for turning his back of Ferrari when he felt they had crossed the boundaries of what was acceptable.

gracias !!!!!

ioan
28th February 2007, 13:27
gracias !!!!!

Since when are you a Schumacher fan?

harsha
28th February 2007, 13:47
he never said he was a schumacher fan....

ferrari fan != schumacher fan

tinchote
28th February 2007, 13:50
Long time no see, Osella :)

Indeed! :eek:

It's good to see you, pal :)

As Arrows said, it's tough to find another one. I grew up with Reutemann. When he retired in 82 it was Prost (who I was following since he got his first point at his first race in Buenos Aires in 80) all the way to 93, and then it was MS.

harsha
28th February 2007, 13:54
who is it now :?: Tinchote :D

tinchote
28th February 2007, 14:08
who is it now :?: Tinchote :D

I don't really know. I guess I'll know after the first few races. I have a tendency to line behind Ferrari, so in that case it could be Massa.

ioan
28th February 2007, 14:41
he never said he was a schumacher fan....

ferrari fan != schumacher fan

Well he was answering a "Question to all Schumacher fans" ! :p :

Mjfan12
28th February 2007, 16:00
Im a die hard Tifosi, and I love the team over the driver, but to me Schumacher was the best. And He is my favorite driver.

It is very sad that he is gone, but life goes on, I already had to deal with another superstar retiring twice in my city, Michael Jordan so its a similar feeling.

Anyways I will be cheering for Kimi. I believe he will be the best shot for the scuderia.

I like his driving style, but I hated him because he drove for the enemy, and I don't like the typical dry Finning personality. Schumacher was very personable and happy whenever he won, but most finnish drivers seem boring and dull. Except Tommi Makkinen.

But hell, he's now in the red, so he's one of our own now.

Osella
28th February 2007, 20:49
It's good to see you, pal :)

Good to see you too, and you too Vresi :up:
Tinchote, do you mean to say you followed Schumacher all the way through from 1993; and you were never tempted to switch to Norberto Fontana!?! :laugh:

Mjfan, one thing anyone could never accuse Makinen of being was archetypal anything! Still the best rally driver I have seen, but I think that Gronholm is a chip off the old ice block too ;)
I too have always supported Ferrari, but just like I never really took to Alesi, I just don't have that much respect for Kimi (goes back to Formula Renault in 1999), so I will be pleased for Ferrari if he wins, but wishing it was Massa :p And I'll be rooting for BMW as always and ever, hehe!

But put it this way; anyone but those b****** already-been-in-an-accident Merced...erm...McLarens!