PDA

View Full Version : My radio hates my Burnt cds

reffer101
13th December 2009, 16:54
The stock radio in my '05 GTO hates burnt cds. It plays the early tracks fine, but then the later tracks skip, no matter what. Is it the player, the cds, me? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_tongue.gif It plays store-bought cds just fine. Anybody else have this problem or have suggestions on what to do?

Wade91
13th December 2009, 17:18
when i went to Talladega i burned two CD's in Itunes with music by Avril Lavigne, Paramore, and The Veronicas, listen to in the car on the way there, and sitting outside the track before the race and on the way back etc..

they both played fine, and my mom also burned a couple of CD's, she had one that was slightly longer than the others and the last track would keep skipping, but all the other tracks played fine, and all the tracks on her other CD played fine

how long are your CD's?

Brown, Jon Brow
13th December 2009, 17:36
I've had this problem before and I don't know what causes it or how to stop it.

Daniel
13th December 2009, 18:14
I've had this problem before and I don't know what causes it or how to stop it.
Poor media and crappy burners.

leopard
14th December 2009, 04:09
I think you are right, the problem is yourself and the songs, have you identified lyrics of the skipped songs have no contains of anything dirty?... ;)

leopard
14th December 2009, 06:37
Provided nothing was wrong during process of burning, try different player, each player have different sensitivity, it may work well on a sensitive player. They may also have different response against shaking, imagine if you drive in a bumpy road it may result some shake up and down to the player.

Mark
14th December 2009, 09:00
The stock radio in my '05 GTO hates burnt cds. It plays the early tracks fine, but then the later tracks skip, no matter what. Is it the player, the cds, me? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_tongue.gif It plays store-bought cds just fine. Anybody else have this problem or have suggestions on what to do?

There are several things you can try, but it may be that your CD player in your car is never going to play burned CDs no matter what you do.

Firstly, buy high quality branded CD's, CDR's rather than CDRW's. Look in your burning software and see if you can turn the burn rate down, this may help problems with the CD not getting enough data in time. Lastly, try a different CD burner, it may be that yours is faulty, have you tried playing the CD's in a different player, i.e. not your car and not the player that burned the CDs?