PDA

View Full Version : Shumacher is back because Villeneuve is back???

Filpi
13th December 2009, 15:46
Rumors on a Quebec racing site stated lately that Jacques would be at Renault with Kubica in 2010. Also the FIA, in its effort to raise up the show and increase the track attendance as well as the TV audience, would certainly applaud to see them back to have 5 world champions on the grid in 2010. So lets wait and see.

ioan
13th December 2009, 15:51
Sure MS' only serious worry in life is to be back in F1 because JV is rumored to have a chance to get a seat again. :\

Robinho
13th December 2009, 16:35
5 champions on the grid would be a nice draw, and i think MS could still cut it, and maybe even JV has something left to offer, but i'm not sure the sport will be that much richer for having these guys back. MS has nothing to prove and potentially a rep to lose if he has lost a chunk of his edge. JV probably won't be quick enough unless he is lucky enough to end up in something like this years Brawn and gets up to speed much quicker than his previous comebacks.

what would make for interesting viewing would be for them to be in the same team, but that won't happen (would be very funny to see how they worked together tho)

markabilly
13th December 2009, 16:49
5 champions on the grid would be a nice draw, and i think MS could still cut it, and maybe even JV has something left to offer, but i'm not sure the sport will be that much richer for having these guys back. MS has nothing to prove and potentially a rep to lose if he has lost a chunk of his edge. JV probably won't be quick enough unless he is lucky enough to end up in something like this years Brawn and gets up to speed much quicker than his previous comebacks.

what would make for interesting viewing would be for them to be in the same team, but that won't happen (would be very funny to see how they worked together tho)
I agree,GREAT reasons to drag them out of the closet. Indeed, we need more champions on the grid....let me see, who could we add to the list? Prost, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, Jackie Stewart....

yeah you are right, not that much richer, but very much more entertaining and interesting, better than pro werstlin on TV :s mokin:

Roamy
13th December 2009, 18:08
This is obviously a crock of sh!t because if prodrive takes over Renault there is no way Prix Richards is having JV.

Filpi
13th December 2009, 18:18
I agree,GREAT reasons to drag them out of the closet. Indeed, we need more champions on the grid....let me see, who could we add to the list? Prost, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, Jackie Stewart....

yeah you are right, not that much richer, but very much more entertaining and interesting, better than pro werstlin on TV :s mokin:

I would add up to your list: Mario Andretti (Lotus), MiKa Hakkinen (Maclaren), KeKe Roseberg (Williams), Allen Jones (Williams), Emerson Fittipaldi (Lotus), Jody Sheckter (Ferrari), Nelson Piquet (Arrows) NiKi Lauda (Ferrari)

Filpi
13th December 2009, 18:43
This is obviously a crock of sh!t because if prodrive takes over Renault there is no way Prix Richards is having JV.

I agree that David Richards would not take JV and JV would not even think of driving for him. But it seamed on the site that it would be the other runner up that would be chosen by Renault to buy 75% of shares of F1 team, Renaut keeping the remaining 25%. JV did not want to comment on that rumor when he was questioned on that rumor.

Sonic
13th December 2009, 18:55
Yeah right .

If Mika made a comeback I could see MS' motivation - those two were fierce rivals. But JV? I hardly think MS is loosing sleep about being passed around the outside at Estoril 13 years ago!

maximilian
13th December 2009, 19:06
There are some who claim that the ban of driver aids and the return to slicks would tremendously suit JV's driving style... as much as I would love to see him return and do well, I am having a hard time envisioning it actually working. And nothing would be worse than him being well off the pace, and replaced after some races...

Filpi
13th December 2009, 20:15
There are some who claim that the ban of driver aids and the return to slicks would tremendously suit JV's driving style... as much as I would love to see him return and do well, I am having a hard time envisioning it actually working. And nothing would be worse than him being well off the pace, and replaced after some races...

JV did not swallow at all having been fired by BMW Mario Theissen. I heard him lately saying that in an interview on french quebec tv channel and he fiercely wants to come back with a front runner team to prove he is still a winner. With MS, JV rarely makes mistakes. Don't worry, he will be quick especially with the new 2010 car regulation with no fuel stops. Tire and fuel saving are two of his forces which will play a major role in its race results. All drivers know that he is an exceptionnal champion (in all the series he raced) and that he will never gives up.

nigelred5
13th December 2009, 20:46
MS may return because he never wanted to stop when he did. He was forced out by Ferrari when they signed Raikkonen too early, just as they forced Kimi out to make room for Alonzo, whom they signed at least two seasons ago.

Hondo
14th December 2009, 02:18
Villeneuve wasn't fired by BMW, he quit (JV asked to terminate the contract) after being replaced by Kubica. Same as he did at BAR. Why would Renault, a team that has suffered him before, want to hire him to drive alongside the guy that won his job at BMW?

markabilly
14th December 2009, 02:30
I would add up to your list: Mario Andretti (Lotus), MiKa Hakkinen (Maclaren), KeKe Roseberg (Williams), Allen Jones (Williams), Emerson Fittipaldi (Lotus), Jody Sheckter (Ferrari), Nelson Piquet (Arrows) NiKi Lauda (Ferrari)
yep that is at least 17 wdcs on the grid..beats the snot out of having a bunch of nelson, jr. luizzi, sato types filling up the slots..........assuming mario would show up....he might have some cold feet when he found himself doing about 8 back flips at about 225 mph at Indy during his last real racing attempt when he was 63 years old..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMeE9NAh60I

Mark
14th December 2009, 13:37
A 7 time world champion comes back because a 1 time world champion is racing? Doesn't matter that we have Alonson, Hamilton and Button on the grid, all of whom have at least equaled JV's record?!

jens
14th December 2009, 18:10
It goes without saying that the speculative question presented in the thread title is surely extremely odd. :p :

Roamy
14th December 2009, 18:44
Villeneuve wasn't fired by BMW, he quit (JV asked to terminate the contract) after being replaced by Kubica. Same as he did at BAR. Why would Renault, a team that has suffered him before, want to hire him to drive alongside the guy that won his job at BMW?

Maybe cuz the guy who "Won" his job hasn't really done Sh!t !! Maybe you should rephrase "After being screwed by Theissen"

ioan
14th December 2009, 18:55
Maybe cuz the guy who "Won" his job hasn't really done Sh!t !! Maybe you should rephrase "After being screwed by Theissen"

If I remember right JV quit after he had a big shunt. He probably just realized that he's safer playing his guitar.

ioan
14th December 2009, 19:59
JV was sacked, he didn't quit.
The shunt which affected his driving was Australia 2001 (5 years before his last race), and this shouldn't be used to make fun of him because he killed a marshall and this would affect anybodies mindset IMO.

JV wasn't scared of a crash or two in his career. This is the same man who bet Ricardo Zonta he could take Eau Rouge flat out in his BAR and slammed it straight into the barriers in one of F1's biggest crashes in recent years. He climbed out of the wreckage and tried it again in the spare car some time later. One thing you can't label JV as, is a pussy IMO... :)

I'll check my sources as I'm pretty sure that he had a heavy crash a race or 2 before he retired, and he even had to sit out a race because of his accident.

Saint Devote
15th December 2009, 02:39
The question is WHY would anyone hire Villeneuve? I cant think of a valid reason.

Similarly it would be interesting if Schumacher returned but he is also the past.

Schumacher retired and Rosberg does not need a situation with someone that would suck all of the air out of the room.

Of course what happens if Schumacher returns and he simply cannot keep up the boys? Of course he always has that dratted "neck problem" to fall back on!

Let Rosberg be Rosberg and hire Heidfeld until Vettel or Hulkenberg is ready!

If Mercedes allows the team to be "schumacherized" it is not going to be good.

And BTW I enjoyed watching Schumacher race, simply because watching any great champion is just pure joy - not to mention he actiually SHOWED his happiness unlike the trail of morose champions that will remain nameless here!

harvick#1
15th December 2009, 04:05
The question is WHY would anyone hire Villeneuve? I cant think of a valid reason.

yeah, his last stint at Peugeot even earned him a boot, couldn't handle the pressure even in a better car over the Audi, plus JV couldn't drive in the rain

leopard
15th December 2009, 07:17
That's good too if MS is greatly motivated by JV. Hoping to see them race for teams with strength comparable. Despite my doubt that JV will be able to grasp the nettle in the championship, I don't mind to see him gets back to the race. I 'liked' him... ;)

F1boat
15th December 2009, 07:25

Similarly it would be interesting if Schumacher returned but he is also the past.

Schumacher retired and Rosberg does not need a situation with someone that would suck all of the air out of the room.

Of course what happens if Schumacher returns and he simply cannot keep up the boys? Of course he always has that dratted "neck problem" to fall back on!

Let Rosberg be Rosberg and hire Heidfeld until Vettel or Hulkenberg is ready!

If Mercedes allows the team to be "schumacherized" it is not going to be good.

And BTW I enjoyed watching Schumacher race, simply because watching any great champion is just pure joy - not to mention he actiually SHOWED his happiness unlike the trail of morose champions that will remain nameless here!

St., for me it is possible for Michael to win again. IMO if he is competitive and has the desire, he will be far more attractive than Nick. You say what if he can't keep up with the boys. Well, people will say, he is old. But if he beats them, what they will say about "the boys"? You know what - they will cement your opinion.
They are only boys.

turismo6
15th December 2009, 08:05
Maybe Damon Hill could come back too?!

I really can't see JV coming back unless it was with USF1 to generate interest in the team.

F1boat
15th December 2009, 09:24
I really can't see JV coming back unless it was with USF1 to generate interest in the team.

Same here. IMO USF1 is the real chance of JV coming back. It can happen of Bernie influences Windsor. The more champions in F1, the better.

555-04Q2
15th December 2009, 09:59
Schumacher wants to come back to F1 back because he loves racing, period.

Schurke
15th December 2009, 10:34
Agreed, Schumi loves racing, but also let´s not forget the bad PR F1 has had in recently.

Mclaren/Ferrari scandal, Mosely scandal, break away rumours, race fixing.......

All the hype about Schumi possibly returning is bringing F1 back into the headlines for all the right reasons again.

IMHO if Schumi comes back it can only be good for F1 (even at the expense of an up and coming driver losing a seat)

race_director
15th December 2009, 12:30
MS would win hands down :)

Mark
15th December 2009, 13:14
If he does come back to Formula 1, I can only see it as being a good thing for F1, having a 7 times world champion on the grid. Just so long as he doesn't win all the races..

If it will be good for Schumacher, only time will tell. There is that fear for some that if once greats return and then don't do so well, (Mansell!) their reputation will suffer, but somehow I don't think Schumi is going to be massively concerned about that.

Who would have thought we'd ever see him driving else else but a Ferrari?!

Garry Walker
15th December 2009, 14:56
I'll check my sources as I'm pretty sure that he had a heavy crash a race or 2 before he retired, and he even had to sit out a race because of his accident.

He crashed at Germany and I think BMW used it as an excuse to put Kubica in the car for the next race at Hungary.
It was a shame, because Villeneuve was actually for once performing well that year and was giving Heidfeld a lot of trouble.

Schumacher returning because Villeneuve is returning? Yeah, that is exactly so.

ioan
15th December 2009, 21:39
He crashed at Germany and I think BMW used it as an excuse to put Kubica in the car for the next race at Hungary.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I knew that there was an accident and he didn't race in the next GP, obviously I missed some details though.

ratonmacias
16th December 2009, 17:24
Thanks for clearing that up.
I knew that there was an accident and he didn't race in the next GP, obviously I missed some details though.

actually theres more to it. jv had an incident with heidfield during the race came in for a front wing and got the wrong wing fitted in the car then crashed out of the race.

jv was pissed and skipped the post race debrief with flanders and company.

theres talks that flanders was already suggesting jv let kubica some test races before the 2006 season was over.

El Libertador
17th December 2009, 01:34
Same here. IMO USF1 is the real chance of JV coming back. It can happen of Bernie influences Windsor. The more champions in F1, the better.

That's the same as saying no chance for JV. Team US F1 would need real, authentic money to pay Jacques, not the imaginary $64,000,000 they "already had" before any investors in February...

Anyway, if JV comes back, good for him, and same with MS. I'm more of the mindset of progress and moving on. Someday, these guys we all loved will be too old to make comebacks (probably already are) and if we don't have new stars now, where will that leave the sport? Sure, I'd love to see MS in his prime racing Vettel, Hamilton, etc, but I doubt that will happen. It's a new era for grand prix and I'd much rather see the new stars get their chance to make history and be the best. I've already seen what Schumacher can do and it's a hell of a lot. I'm not sure I really need to see anymore, to see if he can beat anyone else, to see if he can win eight, because none of it matters. He's a legend and coming back doesn't change that, but a lot of guys out there with the potential to be legendary haven't proven it yet.

Oh well. His choice, and the team's choice. I'll welcome them back if they return, though it really doesn't matter to me. Especially JV. I'd view that as a bit of a waste of a seat, honestly.

Roamy
17th December 2009, 05:12
Oh well. His choice, and the team's choice. I'll welcome them back if they return, though it really doesn't matter to me. Especially JV. I'd view that as a bit of a waste of a seat, honestly.

I don't get it JV beat MS in a straight up car in 1996, 1997 it was only until JV took a very inferior ride that MS was able to best him. So it looks to me that MS would be a bigger waste of time than JV if either of them proved to be a waste of time.

Cozzie
17th December 2009, 05:15
I don't get it JV beat MS in a straight up car in 1996, 1997 it was only until JV took a very inferior ride that MS was able to best him. So it looks to me that MS would be a bigger waste of time than JV if either of them proved to be a waste of time.

You're joking right?! The 1996-97 Williams was by far superior to the Ferrari. History shows that JV is a driver of only the same quality as his car...

Roamy
17th December 2009, 06:00
Oh you know that - I suppose you worked for both outfits during those years.

And of course you know all about the traction control devices on the ferrari.
And of course you know the history and background of TAD.
Hell I can't believe you don't have your own F1 team

ShiftingGears
17th December 2009, 06:07

Ask anyone in F1 who worked for those teams and they will say that the Williams was obviously better for both years.

Roamy
17th December 2009, 06:15
I know no one to ask to you?? Maybe we can figure out a way to ask Jock Clear and TAD - they would be the two that would actually have the answer. The only ones I ever hear this from is Schumacher people. Matter of fact anyone who ever won a race other than MS won it in a superior car. Strange I might add.

Mark in Oshawa
17th December 2009, 06:56
JV won when he was with Williams and the car was good. He didn't win when they put a dog under him and he didn't win when he left. Mikey built his cult of personality around all those lira and won like mad.

For ONE year they were in comparable equipment, maybe 2. Watching JV go around Mikey on the outside at Portugal said a lot about Jacques mental genius. Watching Mike run into JV in the last race at Spain to try and knock him out said all we needed to know about Schuy's class.....

JV may be washed up, but he never was a jerk to a teammate, or drove someone off the road when he couldn't beat him straight up. Mike cannot say that......

Roamy
17th December 2009, 07:02
here is for all the revelers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlPrj9a88ME&feature=PlayList&p=7D8261CB9D5B411C&index=11&playnext=5&playnext_from=PL

ShiftingGears
17th December 2009, 07:16
I know no one to ask to you?? Maybe we can figure out a way to ask Jock Clear and TAD - they would be the two that would actually have the answer. The only ones I ever hear this from is Schumacher people. Matter of fact anyone who ever won a race other than MS won it in a superior car. Strange I might add.

Oh others had their days - but Michael was consistently better. And your video of team orders proves nothing.

ArrowsFA1
17th December 2009, 08:37
If Michael is coming back then it's taking a long time to sort out. Ferrari have said they won't stand in his way, he's apparently fit, the deal is apparently all but done according to some...and yet no news...

Something in me says it's not going to happen.

garyshell
17th December 2009, 17:55
JV won when he was with Williams and the car was good. He didn't win when they put a dog under him and he didn't win when he left. Mikey built his cult of personality around all those lira and won like mad.

For ONE year they were in comparable equipment, maybe 2. Watching JV go around Mikey on the outside at Portugal said a lot about Jacques mental genius. Watching Mike run into JV in the last race at Spain to try and knock him out said all we needed to know about Schuy's class.....

JV may be washed up, but he never was a jerk to a teammate, or drove someone off the road when he couldn't beat him straight up. Mike cannot say that......

Amen, brother. Amen.

Gary

F1boat
17th December 2009, 19:02
If Michael is coming back then it's taking a long time to sort out. Ferrari have said they won't stand in his way, he's apparently fit, the deal is apparently all but done according to some...and yet no news...

Something in me says it's not going to happen.

From what I know Michael will first test, likely with a GP2 car.

ioan
17th December 2009, 21:52

Did you?!
Oh, I see you were the guy filling the Coca Cola machine in the paddock! :rotflmao:

Roamy
18th December 2009, 02:31
From what I know Michael will first test, likely with a GP2 car.

Yes and it has been very hard disguising that Brawn as a gp2 car

ioan
18th December 2009, 17:21
Yes and it has been very hard disguising that Brawn as a gp2 car

Don't they have a test session starting in January?!

I find it funny how people come up with such 'funny' ideas that teams and drivers need to do something wrong when they can do it legally! :\

Garry Walker
19th December 2009, 15:27

Comparable equipment? When? In 1997? If those two had changed cars, Villeneuve would have scored 15 points the whole year with the way he drove that year and Schumacher would have done the same he did every year when he had a dominant car. Sealed the title after half the races. That it went down to the last race is a testimony to Schumachers greatness and Villeneuves stupidity.

JV may be washed up, but he never was a jerk to a teammate, Ask that from Zonta.

F1boat
19th December 2009, 15:52
Comparable equipment? When? In 1997? If those two had changed cars, Villeneuve would have scored 15 points the whole year with the way he drove that year and Schumacher would have done the same he did every year when he had a dominant car. Sealed the title after half the races. That it went down to the last race is a testimony to Schumachers greatness and Villeneuves stupidity.

Ask that from Zonta.
I agree. JV tried to scare Jenson as well and failed :)

Roamy
19th December 2009, 16:37
Did you?!
Oh, I see you were the guy filling the Coca Cola machine in the paddock! :rotflmao:

If I was filling the coke machines then you were cleaning the "Latrines"

Roamy
19th December 2009, 16:46
I wonder how long the "Chin" will last in his comeback when Alonso beats him like a drum at a Pink Floyd concert !

F1boat
19th December 2009, 17:58
I wonder how long the "Chin" will last in his comeback when Alonso beats him like a drum at a Pink Floyd concert !

Nope. Ferrari will screw it again, while Brawn will have the fastest car. Michael will crush Fred :-)

Roamy
19th December 2009, 19:06
i am open for a bet on this

gloomyDAY
19th December 2009, 21:47

Nope. Ferrari will screw it again, while Brawn will have the fastest car. Michael will crush Fred :-)

i am open for a bet on thisCount me in for a wager!

I think part of the reason Michael is coming back is due to unfinished business. Ferrari built Mike a good car and Alonso still won 2 consecutive titles. This has nothing to do with JV!

"The Chin" vs. "La Princesa de Asturia"

Put me in Mike's camp.

Roamy
20th December 2009, 01:00
good whats the bet

markabilly
20th December 2009, 16:56
Looks like the MS return must be off, as it looks like JV will only be coming back as visitor paying general admission for a seat in grandstand

Mia 01
21st December 2009, 16:46
I´m thrilled with the tought of MS coming back now when Kimi is off to WRC.

But, will it happen?

F1boat
21st December 2009, 21:20
I´m thrilled with the tought of MS coming back now when Kimi is off to WRC.

But, will it happen?

We have to wait for the GP2 test.

Bagwan
21st December 2009, 22:02
Get Jacques out to that test , too .
He knows how to be a pain in the neck for Michael .

donKey jote
21st December 2009, 22:45
That wouldn't be fair now would it bags?
Jacques making the most of all Jenson's hard work :laugh:
:arrows:
ok ok I'm gone :p :

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

F1boat
22nd December 2009, 07:23
Get Jacques out to that test , too .
He knows how to be a pain in the neck for Michael .

hahahahah!

PSfan
22nd December 2009, 14:13
We have to wait for the GP2 test.

What I don't get is why can Ferrari on the drop of a hat pull out an old 2007 spec car, and have a run what seems like anytime they want, but other teams seem can't?

I am aware that Mercedes might not have access to a 2007 Honda chassis, but they are still part owners of McLeran, and if they can hide some fuel mileage testing like Ferrari had allegedly done with their recent Massa run was reported, then McLeran can still benefit whether they are obliged to share the old cars or not.

gloomyDAY
22nd December 2009, 16:43
good whats the betGood question.

I'm not sure. Do you live near SoCal?

We can do a burger bet. Kind of like the one I made with Tazio.

Roamy
22nd December 2009, 17:45
Good question.

I'm not sure. Do you live near SoCal?

We can do a burger bet. Kind of like the one I made with Tazio.

what part of Arizona is that???

What is the bet?

F1boat
22nd December 2009, 19:05
What I don't get is why can Ferrari on the drop of a hat pull out an old 2007 spec car, and have a run what seems like anytime they want, but other teams seem can't?

I am aware that Mercedes might not have access to a 2007 Honda chassis, but they are still part owners of McLeran, and if they can hide some fuel mileage testing like Ferrari had allegedly done with their recent Massa run was reported, then McLeran can still benefit whether they are obliged to share the old cars or not.

IMO McLaren wouldn't want to help Michael and Ross.

ioan
22nd December 2009, 21:34
IMO McLaren wouldn't want to help Michael and Ross.

Bingo.

Mia 01
23rd December 2009, 09:25
This is all Chrismas for me. MS is back and then soon JV.

It´s like in my oldest forum now.

jas123f1
23rd December 2009, 10:40
Ok - Schumi back in business, great news - in any case because it will be nice to see the battle Mercedes against Ferrari.

What happen with all Schumi/Ferrari fans now? Are they leaving Ferrari now - as Schumi and Rubens did and as Ross Brawn, Jean Todt did (and as I did when Ferrari kick out Kimi) .

Welcome Schumacher - I hope Nico will show you that old times are not coming back. Rubens is driving in at Williams now and Nico don't like to be a second fiddle player (however he said that ;) ..

:)