PDA

View Full Version : newbie - be gentle

draper
22nd February 2007, 21:46
hiya guys and girls, im new to the site. found the forum after looking for the spec details of the 97 BTCC vectra. im also hoping to get to various track days round the country in my track prepped nova (when its finished)

anyways, howdy

R. Mears
22nd February 2007, 22:05
Well from one newby to another welcome. I'm on several other forums and for the most part newbies are frowned upon and ignored. Also generally treated as inexperienced. I suspect this forum not to be any different. Though I'm not that way it just takes time. So good luck. ;)

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 22:11
Hi guys.

I think the only reason new members are ignored is because, for senior members they have seen thousands of newbies come and go.

I generally found this forum very welcoming when I first joined. Definately not like some other forums.

pino
23rd February 2007, 07:16
... I suspect this forum not to be any different. Though I'm not that way it just takes time. So good luck. ;)

Believe me none is ignored in here, but it's you who has to make the first move, not the other way around ;)

LeonBrooke
23rd February 2007, 07:34
Greetings Newbies :D

Welcome and have a great time :)

oily oaf
23rd February 2007, 07:37
Believe me none is ignored in here, but it's you who has to make the first move, not the other way around ;)

I bet you say that to all the boys, you little rascal ;)

Welcome chaps :)

Storm
23rd February 2007, 08:10
could be a chappette too ?
welcome anyways :)

fly_ac
23rd February 2007, 08:41
I generally found this forum very welcoming when I first joined. Definately not like some other forums.

I agree. I have been on other forums before, although I'm still myself a newbie to this forum this forum is way better than any other I know.

Enjoy!

Captain VXR
23rd February 2007, 09:13
hiya guys and girls, im new to the site. found the forum after looking for the spec details of the 97 BTCC vectra. im also hoping to get to various track days round the country in my track prepped nova (when its finished)

anyways, howdy

Hi and welcome :) . I have a 1997 BTCC book and later on, I will try and find out somemore specification of the Vectra :up:

LotusElise
23rd February 2007, 09:56
Hello and welcome to both of you.

I think you'll find the forum quite friendly once you get to know us!

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 10:33
Welcome to you both :wave:

555-04Q2
23rd February 2007, 10:53
Welcome Guys :)

You'll find this place is pretty friendly, just stay out of the F1 section cause it can get hot in there ;)

Donney
23rd February 2007, 11:03
Hello chaps.

Have fun around here but don't forget to post.

:wave:

millencolin
23rd February 2007, 11:07
g'day n welcome

janneppi
23rd February 2007, 11:42
New members should remember that in essence they stumble onto ongoing discussions among people who may have known each other for years. If i'm talking to my friends (in real life, if there is such a thing ;) ) and some outsider comes in with bad attitude expecting to be treated with the respect i give to my fiends, i usually dismiss him/her altogether.
Remember kids, be humble and maybe, maybe someday you will be regarded as one of the regulars.
But what do i know, i haven't been here that long myself.

dwf1
23rd February 2007, 12:02
hello and welcome

Rudy Tamasz
23rd February 2007, 12:39
Welcome onboard!

CarlMetro
23rd February 2007, 12:56
maybe someday you will be regarded as one of the regulars.

Who are these regulars then?

Does that make everyone who isn't one irregular?

;)

harsha
23rd February 2007, 13:18
But what do i know, i haven't been here that long myself.

says a guy who joined in 2002.... :D

race aficionado
23rd February 2007, 16:24
Welcome to our forum.

Yes, we are the welcoming type, we've been newbies ourselves and what is clear is that if you want respect, it's up to you to earn it.

again, welcome aboard.

:)

:s mokin:

janneppi
23rd February 2007, 16:32
Who are these regulars then?

Does that make everyone who isn't one irregular?

;)
For me a regular is someone who i regognise as a person instead just a screen name. Others are just Alan Extras or Cabrielle Cannonfodders... :)

slinkster
23rd February 2007, 21:35
Hey newbie(s) !! :)

schmenke
24th February 2007, 18:31
Hiya newbies! :wave:

I eat prunes to stay regular :erm:

Caroline
24th February 2007, 18:59
I eat prunes to stay regular :erm:

Good for you!

Hellooo by the way.