PDA

View Full Version : 2010 numbers

call_me_andrew
6th December 2009, 04:04
Since Braun have been bought out by Mercedes, and Button has gone to McLaren; will Mercedes Grand Prix have cars 3 and 4 or will they be 26 and 27 (assuming Sauber are 24 and 25)?

V12
6th December 2009, 05:01
3 and 4. The only question now is if Sauber have 26/27 or BMW's 11/12. My guess is 26/27. The Brawn 22/23 thing last year was down to a combination of the late late late takeover and Bernie being an arsehole :)

inimitablestoo
6th December 2009, 10:19
Last week's official entry list had Brawn still at 3 and 4, with a note that it was in the process of turning into Mercedes; Renault are listed at 11 and 12, which probably means Sauber going down the bottom somewhere. Possibly even after the new teams, which incidentally were listed from 18 in the order Lotus, Campos, USF1, Virgin.

Dr. Krogshöj
6th December 2009, 12:29
Last week's official entry list had Brawn still at 3 and 4, with a note that it was in the process of turning into Mercedes; Renault are listed at 11 and 12, which probably means Sauber going down the bottom somewhere. Possibly even after the new teams, which incidentally were listed from 18 in the order Lotus, Campos, USF1, Virgin.

BMW didn't sign the Concorde Agreement in the summer so technically, Sauber is a new entry. I don't understand, however, why Lotus is ahead of the three other new teams whose entries was accepted earlier.

christophulus
6th December 2009, 16:19
I don't understand, however, why Lotus is ahead of the three other new teams whose entries was accepted earlier.

I think it's alphabetical order (bear with me).. Campos, Lotus, USF1, Virgin. But as Senna is driving for Campos and his sponsor wants #21 then Campos and Lotus have switched numbers.

Or it could be something far less sensible and more random. This is the FIA, after all. :p

Saint Devote
6th December 2009, 17:26
Anyway - what difference does it make. These days numbers are not easy to be seen and given that so many drivers have helmets that are so "busy" that recognizing them is not on either.

Anyway the only number that really counts is number ONE!!!

For recognition I just remember which car has the red or yellow camera on it and THATS the driver. Easy!

inimitablestoo
7th December 2009, 17:24
I get the feeling Lotus have been seeded ahead of the others because they are a former Constructors' Champion (even if the new team only has a name in common with the original team).

And yes, the numbers are largely pointless these days, but if I got my way, and God willing one day I will, I'd make them run big numbers on the rear wing endplates. Possibly not even allow sponsorship on that area, just numbers.