PDA

View Full Version : Customer advice please: Dell vs. Toshiba - Which is best?

Lalo
3rd December 2009, 13:44
Hey there!!

Here there's a thread about laptops or notebooks, as you may call them. I've had an Acer Aspire 5720 for two years now and it hasn't done more than giving me headaches. There were always problems with the motherboard, then the cooling sistem and then some battery issues. I've got so fed up of taking it from technitian to technitian that I've been considering selling it and buying another one. Friends recomended me to look after Dell or Toshiba. Dell seems to be the best option, but Toshiba is cheaper and not so different. So far I've been considering buying a Dell Studio 15, but I'm still asking for people opinions on what they would recomend.

What are your recomendations for a nice and not so expensive laptop? (taking the Aspire 5720 as an example, as well as the Studio 15).

markabilly
5th December 2009, 19:10
hp

Valve Bounce
5th December 2009, 21:07
I'm just waiting for fousto to turn up and tell you to get an Apple. Then your headaches will be over.

Daniel
5th December 2009, 21:09
HP would be my recommendation too

Mark in Oshawa
6th December 2009, 00:11
I would say HP or Apple Notebook. I don't think Toshiba or a Sony VAIO would be bad buys. I am leary of Dell only because I had a friend with a Dell who had a heck of a time getting his serviced. He bought an HP shortly afterwards.

christophulus
6th December 2009, 17:19
Given that choice I'd say Toshiba. Dell's tech support leaves a lot to be desired, and most people I know with Dells have had to deal with them far too often!

HP tend to have decent laptops, and I'd have a look at Asus too. I've got the Eee netbook and it's very solidly built, so I assume the full size laptops will be similar.

Roamy
6th December 2009, 17:52
most windoze people prefer to live in the cesspool of computing - that is why you want to compare two terds :)

Daniel
6th December 2009, 17:54
most windoze people prefer to live in the cesspool of computing - that is why you want to compare two terds :)
Seriously you're talking BS. All you're buying with a Mac is the software, the hardware is pure Wintel.