PDA

View Full Version : Villeneuve In Pole Position As Lotus Near Decision

Roamy
2nd December 2009, 09:02
Just a tidbit from the news - fingers crossed rock and roll

Mark
2nd December 2009, 09:05
JV?! Crazier and stranger things have happened in F1,, but not many!

ShiftingGears
2nd December 2009, 09:31

I don't count PlanetF1 as a reputable news source. The only thing that's in 'pole position' is PlanetF1's use of buzzwords that don't accurately reflect the subject matter.

It clearly says that talks are still preliminary.

veeten
2nd December 2009, 13:04
Oh, let him be. Everyone needs their dreams, otherwise... ;) :p :

Roamy
2nd December 2009, 13:08
yea squrril go find a nut!!

Roamy
2nd December 2009, 13:12
The new promoter of the Canadian Grand Prix has vowed to try to help Jacques Villeneuve secure a return to Formula One in 2010.

French Canadian Villeneuve, the now 38-year-old 1997 world champion who left BMW-Sauber and the sport three years ago, has been linked with the new Malaysian-owned Lotus team.

Jefe Máximo
2nd December 2009, 13:16
I'd love this to come true.. :laugh:

Seriously.

ShiftingGears
2nd December 2009, 13:44
yea squrril go find a nut!!

I'm talking to one, does that count? :p :

Roamy
2nd December 2009, 13:49
yep that counts :p I think it probably boils down to Sauber getting a entry slot which will take trulli off the market. and whinefield as well.

ratonmacias
2nd December 2009, 14:31
fousto its not whinefield its midfield and i think jv´s buddy gino rossato is helping him at lotus. is gino important at lotus?

Bullet
2nd December 2009, 17:26
I agree about planetF1, I gave up on them years ago...they're like the Fox news of F1. Anyway, Villeneuve back would be fantastic. Probably not likely to be competitive in a Lotus...but both Villeneuve and Lotus are iconic and great for the sport.

veeten
2nd December 2009, 18:39
I agree about planetF1, I gave up on them years ago...they're like the Fox news of F1.

you know... fairly unbalanced. :crazy: ;) :p :

markabilly
3rd December 2009, 03:52
Oh, let him be. Everyone needs their dreams, otherwise... ;) :p :
otherwise, chokin the chicken don't work as well......

Hawkmoon
3rd December 2009, 06:27
I agree about planetF1, I gave up on them years ago...they're like the Fox news of F1. Anyway, Villeneuve back would be fantastic. Probably not likely to be competitive in any F1 car, even one designed by God himself...

Fixed. ;)

markabilly
3rd December 2009, 10:01
Probably not likely to be competitive in any F1 car, even one designed by God himself...
Fixed. ;)
U mean that like JV and Lotus, colin Chapman is also going to show up and start designing.....

race aficionado
3rd December 2009, 17:44

fingers crossed fousto and yes, that would rock and roll.
:s mokin:

pino
3rd December 2009, 18:09
Go Jacques :up: :D

Roamy
3rd December 2009, 23:36
go trulli - to sauber !!!!

maximilian
4th December 2009, 02:41
JV?! Crazier and stranger things have happened in F1,, but not many!
Name some, please? ;)

Hondo
4th December 2009, 19:34
Funny that the man's fans always want to see him come back to the game, but not the teams he's driven for previously. Williams, Brawn, and Sauber don't seem to be sending any offers JV's way.

gloomyDAY
4th December 2009, 19:47
otherwise, chokin the chicken don't work as well......Speak for yourself.

Roamy
5th December 2009, 01:37
Funny that the man's fans always want to see him come back to the game, but not the teams he's driven for previously. Williams, Brawn, and Sauber don't seem to be sending any offers JV's way.

well that is pretty self explanatory - especially to someone like you who follows F1. Are you trolling????

Hondo
5th December 2009, 05:58
Nope. not trolling.

PSfan
5th December 2009, 21:15
Well, We have good ole JV going to Lotus
He's been linked to Renault (or who ever controls it in 2010)
He's on USF1's list
And there some speculation with the Clear connection that he may even be the big surprise that Mercedes has in store for us...

Can he just hurry up and pick a team, I have a new rc body I gotta paint... need to know what colors I'll need :p :

Bagwan
5th December 2009, 21:56
Well, We have good ole JV going to Lotus
He's been linked to Renault (or who ever controls it in 2010)
He's on USF1's list
And there some speculation with the Clear connection that he may even be the big surprise that Mercedes has in store for us...

Can he just hurry up and pick a team, I have a new rc body I gotta paint... need to know what colors I'll need :p :

PSfan , I heard a rumour that Clear may join JV at Lotus .
Remember , he was running the "B" driver at BGP , and knows how Brawn works .
He'd get the "A" driver at Lotus , one with whom he won .

This rumour makes sense .

Lotus it is , I think .
Who sits a driver on the front wheel for promo pics during driver selection time , but a team pushing for a signing ?

For a guy who's supposed to be over the hill , he seems to have a few options , and it's nice his name's being bandied about .

I can't wait to see him show these punks how to drive .

rabf1
9th December 2009, 17:03
I have a bad feeling something tragic could happen to JV if he comes back at this stage. Better to stay home and just enjoy his money.

Bagwan
9th December 2009, 22:45
I have a bad feeling something tragic could happen to JV if he comes back at this stage. Better to stay home and just enjoy his money.

Something tragic ?
It gives me chills when someone spouts a comment like this .

Better to stay off one's keyboard and enjoy one's thoughts by oneself if tragic is all you can say .

Pah !

The only tragedy will be for those who need wipe wide smirks off when he shows what he can do when he doesn't have a jerk like Reynard or a dick like Richards with which to deal .

Roamy
10th December 2009, 02:29

Good so why don't you have a good feeling that I win the mega lottery

Valve Bounce
10th December 2009, 02:49

I am very sorry fousto, but I don't have a good feeling about your chances of winning the mega lottery either. :(

Roamy
10th December 2009, 02:52
oh crap

Italy's Jarno Trulli heads Lotus F1 shortlist

Trulli's only F1 victory came at the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix
Lotus Formula 1 team principal Tony Fernandes plans to name his drivers for the 2010 season next week with Jarno Trulli top of his four-man shortlist.
Fernandes confirmed that Italian Trulli and Malaysia's Fairuz Fauzy were on the list but that Canada's former world champion Jacques Villeneuve was not.
Fernandes said Lotus were prepared to pay for the best available talent.

leopard
10th December 2009, 02:55

I can but suggest to give more probability to win the mega lottery try this, talk less pray more... ;)

leopard
10th December 2009, 03:01
Despite JV was a former champion, today I get feeling Fairuz is better choice. Perhaps Trulli with his experience is there in tandem to work together one behind another in the team.

F1boat
10th December 2009, 07:19

IMO JV can build a successful career in sportscars.

harsha
10th December 2009, 07:26
I don't see why JV has to be picked tbh...it's nice to see that he still has a desire to race but what's the point in a former champion racing for a team where he's inevitably going to be a backmarker

Schurke
10th December 2009, 07:31
Maybe these new teams are trying to get drivers with experience to help develop the car.
There´s no doubt JV has experience, but was/is he good at car development ??

harsha
10th December 2009, 07:45
Maybe these new teams are trying to get drivers with experience to help develop the car.
There´s no doubt JV has experience, but was/is he good at car development ??

the term "car development" imo is overrated...The driver has no say in which direction the technical team chooses to develop the car..He can only get the setup right w.r.t downforce and probably give feedback to the engineers on how the car is handling...

Sonic
10th December 2009, 09:21
Despite JV was a former champion, today I get feeling Fairuz is better choice.

Please tell me you're joking! FF is a tool!

I am evil Homer
10th December 2009, 09:32
Yep Trulli can help but dear god FF is a terrible driver.

10th December 2009, 09:36
Fernandes said Lotus were prepared to pay for the best available talent.

Which rules Villeneuve out.

Now, if only Fernandez had said that Lotus were prepared to pay for a out-of-touch Nascar reject who'd already stuffed his previous second-chance F1 opportunity, then Fousto would know his man was in the frame.

I am evil Homer
10th December 2009, 10:02
Tamb - I may not see eye-to-eye with you on many things but that post has resulted in me spitting coffee over my monitor and keyboard :D

leopard
10th December 2009, 10:23
Please tell me you're joking! FF is a tool!
According to the latest update he's only a step at the back of Heikki... ;)

Saint Devote
10th December 2009, 10:37
If Lotus announce their drivers next week and as they want experienced people then choices are limited.

With Gascoyne there it could be Trulli and either Kovaleinen or Heidfeld...?

And their rollout of the car is scheduled in the second week of February.

Schurke
10th December 2009, 10:38
the term "car development" imo is overrated...The driver has no say in which direction the technical team chooses to develop the car..He can only get the setup right w.r.t downforce and probably give feedback to the engineers on how the car is handling...

Maybe, but the driver has to have the "skill" to point the technical team in the right direction, surely his feedback to the engineers has an input in the direction the car is developed ?

harsha
10th December 2009, 14:52
Maybe, but the driver has to have the "skill" to point the technical team in the right direction, surely his feedback to the engineers has an input in the direction the car is developed ?

surely it does play a factor,but with the amount of data being fed back to them by the computers,the engineers get far more useful data from the computers than from the drivers

ioan
10th December 2009, 19:00
surely it does play a factor,but with the amount of data being fed back to them by the computers,the engineers get far more useful data from the computers than from the drivers

Exactly.
Gone are the days when a driver could give valuable info to the engineers.
Nowadays the driver can only tell the engineers to change something because they don't like it. That's all.

leopard
11th December 2009, 04:08
harsha... all in all engineers are responsible to provide the cars for drivers at its best, but the clever drivers have ability to identify what's alone the problem of the car, so engineer will be well informed whether or not developments work out, it's preferably if the drivers can give engineer more hints so that the problem sorted out easier.

Some drivers can drive undoubtedly fast when everything of the car are right in order, but tend to easily say the cars go wrong if they are not in order without showing what's the real problem. ;)

macksrallye
11th December 2009, 04:22
It's not that the drivers give them all of the info needed to fix the problem but a good driver can narrow the search area (of data that is) which means that the issues can be resolve quicker. So in reality the drivers contribute to the speed in which a car can evolve or develop.

leopard
11th December 2009, 04:26
It's not that the drivers give them all of the info needed to fix the problem but a good driver can narrow the search area (of data that is) which means that the issues can be resolve quicker. So in reality the drivers contribute to the speed in which a car can evolve or develop.

sure, if drivers can give them all info and solution of the problems, they might not need engineers, they only need mechanics...

callum122
11th December 2009, 17:46
Oh gosh, why is Trulli at the top of this Lotus driver list. Max really f****d the sport, again. I wish there was such thing as regular training for the drivers, hitting the track 2-3 times weekly in an F1 car doing their thing. I realize it would be a very expensive practice but I like the idea anyway.

11th December 2009, 18:10
Oh gosh, why is Trulli at the top of this Lotus driver list.

Because he has worked with Gascoyne twice before, he is experienced, still capable of a decent turn of speed, is available and isn't rusty.

Max really f****d the sport, again.

Actually, if it wasn't for the FIA reacting to the changing economic times, there would be no new teams this year. Fine if you like to see small grids and a reducing number of teams, I suppose.

Not sure if it would be good for the long-term prospects of F1 to not have new teams.

I wish there was such thing as regular training for the drivers, hitting the track 2-3 times weekly in an F1 car doing their thing. I realize it would be a very expensive practice but I like the idea anyway.

We would all love to see it, as we would all love to see a full-blown tyre war with multiple suppliers, the return of pre-qualifying, the return of qualifying engines, etc, etc, etc.

But this is the real world, and an all out arms-race style spending war would, at present, be the kiss of death to F1.

callum122
11th December 2009, 19:07
But this is the real world

Isn't the real world a bit grey.

pino
11th December 2009, 19:29
Oh gosh, why is Trulli at the top of this Lotus driver list.

Because he's the only driver who could put that car on front row :p :

jens
11th December 2009, 21:23
So much about Villeneuve being in "pole position" then. I think we can say quite confidently now that JV won't be on the grid next year unless USF1 and JV decide they want each other badly. I wonder, who are the other two drivers out of four competing for the seat? I can only guess they might be someone among Sato/Kobayashi/Davidson? Haven't heard anyone else being linked to the team, considering how hazy the rumours have been.

Bagwan
11th December 2009, 22:20
So much about Villeneuve being in "pole position" then. I think we can say quite confidently now that JV won't be on the grid next year unless USF1 and JV decide they want each other badly. I wonder, who are the other two drivers out of four competing for the seat? I can only guess they might be someone among Sato/Kobayashi/Davidson? Haven't heard anyone else being linked to the team, considering how hazy the rumours have been.

Add Renault , with CP possibly involved , and Merc , where JC , the guy who suggested his return resides .

USF1 is not on the list .

Saint Devote
12th December 2009, 03:49
Monday is THE DAY!!!! that we will discover who the drivers are.

Trulli and ..... ?? Lotus rises! I hope they stick to Lotus-Cosworth, "Proton" just sounds horrible and has no motor racing soul like COSWORTH has.

Cosworth has to be all f1 fans favorite engine. Pity neither Costin or Duckworth are around to see it. It was Lotus that first used their engine. A full circle has been turned. Jarno MUST beTrulli excited :-]

Glock and di Grassi at Virgin-Cosworth........ Well done Luca! This is for me the most exciting concept team and with the beautiful Virgin label as well as two drivers I like.

Roamy
12th December 2009, 23:57
I am amazed Trulli is not going to Sauber or Renault

ShiftingGears
13th December 2009, 00:00

I'm not. He's worked with Gascoyne before, has potential for some good showings and hasn't been out of F1 for over 3 years.

Roamy
13th December 2009, 00:28
i am simply saying that I think Sauber and Renault are a bit further up the pecking order than Lotus.

ShiftingGears
16th December 2009, 09:40
i am simply saying that I think Sauber and Renault are a bit further up the pecking order than Lotus.

Well I suppose there are several drivers a bit further up the pecking order than Trulli ;)

Bagwan
16th December 2009, 12:07

Cowboy , Jarno's at Lotus .
JV was never serious about Lotus .

The Renault take-over sets the stage .

ShiftingGears
16th December 2009, 12:28
Cowboy , Jarno's at Lotus .
JV was never serious about Lotus .

The Renault take-over sets the stage .

:laugh: :laugh:

Yes. Yes of course.

Bagwan
16th December 2009, 12:59
:laugh: :laugh:

Yes. Yes of course.

Glad to give you a giggle , squirrel .

Are you gonna giggle when JV gets that seat ?

ShiftingGears
16th December 2009, 13:20
Glad to give you a giggle , squirrel .

Are you gonna giggle when JV gets that seat ?

If Renault are stupid enough to give him a seat I would fall off my chair laughing.

But since they aren't, I won't have to.

ratonmacias
16th December 2009, 17:11

Sauber needs Money to clean up the mess Flanders and company left so they are going for Kobayashi (supposedly has 10 million to buy that ride) and it wouldnt surprise me to see heidfield on the other seat as he has always driven for teams (poor guy)

renault already knows what trulli can and cant do and they aint going back to an older version of the same thing its like marrying a 20 year old woman divorcing and then marrying again with the same woman when she is 40 and ugly.

16th December 2009, 19:10
renault already knows what trulli can and cant do and they aint going back to an older version of the same thing its like marrying a 20 year old woman divorcing and then marrying again with the same woman when she is 40 and ugly.

By that logic....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2386796/Villeneuve-ready-as-Trulli-goes.html

Why would they go for saggy-tits Villenueve?

ratonmacias
16th December 2009, 19:20
By that logic....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2386796/Villeneuve-ready-as-Trulli-goes.html

because jv could be their sugar momma if he is within the list of investors at genii.

where do you think he keeps his hundreds of millions he made at bar.

Bagwan
16th December 2009, 21:47

Because they like his interviews about saggy-tits Michael ?

I hope they are both back .

Mikey would undoubtedly be forced by the press to confront and finally apologise for his most regrettable moment , though , so rather than incentive , it could be that he's waiting to see if JV's back so he knows whether to have a sore neck or not .

And , from those recent words from Jacques , we can see he really believes Michael can return , and would relish a stab at showing him his rear wing .

Damn , I hope they are both back in it .
We all had some great brou-ha-ha debates over those two .
Pino will love it .

Dave B
17th December 2009, 12:06
JV's only ghost of a chance is if USF1 (a) make the grid and (b) decide that publicity is more valuable than results. I hope he doesn't return: he's clearly got fans who worship him and it would hurt them to see Jacques embarrassing himself at the back of the grid.

Hondo
17th December 2009, 12:17
It wouldn't hurt them, his fans, at all. As usual, it would be everyone else's fault for causing their boy's bad results.

jens
17th December 2009, 15:24

Trulli isn't a paydriver, but it looks like Sauber/Renault have been looking for at least one such driver, who would bring some sponsorship money.