PDA

View Full Version : Barrichello scoffs at Brawn

CNR
1st December 2009, 11:29
http://www.india.com/sports/formula1/f1-masala-barrichello-scoffs-brawn_6155

Barrichello let his frustration get the better of him in a recent interview and blamed Brawn for not doing enough for his drivers.

He added: "Button's decision took me by surprise; I never imagined that he too would leave

ArrowsFA1
1st December 2009, 14:19
You can understand his POV. Brawn delivered the car and Button & Barrichello delivered the WDC & WCC for Brawn.

But, on the other hand, Rubens has been around F1 long enough to know that team (and driver) choices are not always so straightforward as "the drivers did a good job so the team should keep them".

F1boat
2nd December 2009, 12:11
I agree with Rubens, although he said some bad things about the team and I would have dropped HIM as well. But about Jenson, IMO Brawn GP made a big mistake.

2nd December 2009, 13:36
Crikey....If Ruben's thinks that Brawn didn't do enough for their drivers, he should have done his homework before going to Williams!

ShiftingGears
2nd December 2009, 13:43
Crikey....If Ruben's thinks that Brawn didn't do enough for their drivers, he should have done his homework before going to Williams!

:laugh:

Rubens and the duo of Head and Williams are an odd combination. I'll be amazed if it works well.

Garry Walker
2nd December 2009, 20:32
I agree with Rubens, although he said some bad things about the team and I would have dropped HIM as well. But about Jenson, IMO Brawn GP made a big mistake.

No, they did not.

Button is easily replaceable.

Garry Walker
2nd December 2009, 20:33
:laugh:

Rubens and the duo of Head and Williams are an odd combination. I'll be amazed if it works well.

Rubens seems a very emotional character and probably is not the toughest one mentally. He will find next season very hard, especially with such a fast teammate against him.

F1boat
2nd December 2009, 20:44
No, they did not.

We'll see.

woody2goody
2nd December 2009, 23:55
Rubens seems a very emotional character and probably is not the toughest one mentally. He will find next season very hard, especially with such a fast teammate against him.

Who he will beat next year anyway.

It'll be a good season for him regardless because he said it's always been his dream to drive for Frank. Obviously Frank rates him or he wouldn't have dropped Nakajima and/or let Nico go to Brawn.

markabilly
3rd December 2009, 03:36
Who he will beat next year anyway.

It'll be a good season for him regardless because he said it's always been his dream to drive for Frank. Obviously Frank rates him or he wouldn't have dropped Nakajima and/or let Nico go to Brawn.
Naka went cuase the engines went, Rubens must be replacing naka, not nicoky, and likewise bringing something special to the team.......

ie some money from somewhere....

ioan
4th December 2009, 23:17

True! :D

Saint Devote
5th December 2009, 03:44
No, they did not.

All drivers are easily replaceable - Williams won championships soon after Prost and Senna were gone. Ferrari won in 2007.

It is however highly unlikely, especially based on his 2009 season that Rosberg will in any way match Jenson's six out of seven wins during the first seven grands prix of 2009. Only a handful of drivers have EVER done that and all of them world champions.

And if Rosberg makes a habit of continuing silly mistakes such as at Marina Bay he will then also lose grands prix he may have won.

F1boat
5th December 2009, 06:21
IMO it is unwise to constantly change drivers. Yes, Williams did it and even today I am not sure that his strategy was good, to put it mildly. I am still not happy about the way he treated Damon and I have some satisfaction from the fact that since 1997, they haven't scored a WDC.

ioan
5th December 2009, 16:51
It is however highly unlikely, especially based on his 2009 season that Rosberg will in any way match Jenson's six out of seven wins during the first seven grands prix of 2009.

Even Jenson will never again get 6 wins out of 7 races unless he get's the best car by a mile and his team mate will not have the right to win.

PSfan
5th December 2009, 21:10

[quote]Barrichello let his frustration get the better of him in a recent interview and blamed Brawn for not doing enough for his drivers.

He added: "Button's decision took me by surprise; I never imagined that he too would leave[/quote:2usvgvff]

I think the first quote about "not doing enough for his drivers" might have been mis-translated, speedtv had pretty much the same story, but it sounded more like brawn didn't do enough to retain his drivers.

However, Rubens claim to never imagined that Button would leave is probably why he is at Williams now. The moment he suspected Rosberg was heading to Brawn, he probably figured he was odd man out and concluded a deal before Brawn could decide on his 2nd driver. I think with Rosberg signed, Button was no longer the "future" of the Team, and a Rubens/Rosberg team up would have been better then a Rosberg/Button pairing, but Rubens jumped to quick...

Saint Devote
6th December 2009, 01:15
Even Jenson will never again get 6 wins out of 7 races unless he get's the best car by a mile and his team mate will not have the right to win.

Who needs to do it more than once??

Of course the driver that does it has an advantage somewhere either the car or the tyres or both.

The point is that the driver that has that advantage achieves the potential fully.

Your derision is rich considering your favorite had the best car, the best tyres and required his teammate to either stay behind or told to move over and when another driver from another team was beating him, he would then cheat his way!!!! If that was Jenson I would say goodbye!

But Jenson is no coward or cheat - he has desvervedly signed for the most difficult place in f1, teammate to Hamilton. But then who can turn down an offer from driving for the best racing team in history, Mclaren, anyway.

And with Jense and Lewis it makes them the strongest team in f1 - and when Mclaren produce a good car for 2010, one of them will end up as champion in 2010.

F1boat
6th December 2009, 06:25
IMO there are very, very few drivers who can win the WDC without having the best or one of the best cars. Even 2nd best car is not enough. The problem is that some drivers can not win the championship even when they had the best cars. But we know that Jenson isn't one of them as... he is the world champion, baby!

ioan
6th December 2009, 17:36
IMO there are very, very few drivers who can win the WDC without having the best or one of the best cars. Even 2nd best car is not enough. The problem is that some drivers can not win the championship even when they had the best cars.

Well, if some didn't win in the best car then someone else did win in the 2nd best car, so your logic above is a bit weird and contradictory.

Robinho
6th December 2009, 18:53
Well, if some didn't win in the best car then someone else did win in the 2nd best car, so your logic above is a bit weird and contradictory.

unless their teammate did of course?!?!

see DC vs Hakkinen, Barichello vs MS and again vs Button. See Massa vs Raikkonen, or Fisichella vs Alonso, Kovy vs Hamilton. arguably these all had the best car but failed to win the championship

F1boat
7th December 2009, 06:49
unless their teammate did of course?!?!

Exactly.