PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: FIA publish 2010 F1 entry list

Giuseppe F1
30th November 2009, 18:36
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21994.html

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2009/Pages/f1_2010_entry_list.aspx

-------------

The FIA issues F1 entry list

The FIA has issued the 2010 Formula 1 entry list:

The entries are as follows:

1, Jenson Button - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - McLaren-Mercedes;
2, Lewis Hamilton - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - McLaren-Mercedes;

3, Nico Rosberg - Brawn GP Formula One Team;
4, TBA - Brawn GP Formula One Team;

5, Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Racing - Red Bull Racing Renault;
6, Mark Webber - Red Bull Racing - Red Bull Racing Renault;

7, Felipe Massa - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - Ferrari;
8, Fernando Alonso - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - Ferrari;

9, Rubens Barrichello - AT&T Williams - Williams-Cosworth;
10, Nico Hulkenberg - AT&T Williams - Williams-Cosworth;

11, Robert Kubica - Renault F1 Team - Renault;
12, TBA - Renault F1 Team - Renault;

14, Adrian Sutil - Force India F1 Team - Force India Mercedes;
15, Tonio Liuzzi - Force India F1 Team - Force India Mercedes;

16, Sebastien Buemi - Scuderia Toro Rosso - STR-Ferrari;
17, TBA - Scuderia Toro Rosso - STR-Ferrari;

18, TBA - Lotus F1 Racing - Lotus Cosworth;
19, TBA - Lotus F1 Racing - Lotus Cosworth;

20, TBA - Campos Meta 1 - Campos Dallara;
21, Bruno Senna - Campos Meta 1 - Campos Dallara;

22, TBA - USF1 Team - USF1 Cosworth;
23, TBA - USF1 Team - USF1 Cosworth;

24, Timo Glock - Virgin Racing - Virgin Cosworth;
25, TBA - Virgin Racing - Virgin Cosworth.

The entry list reveals that Red Bull racing will use Renault engines. It also reveals as expected that the Manor team will use the Virgin name.

The Brawn entry will be changed to Mercedes Grand Prix if there is no problem with the F1 Commission.

Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so. An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course.

There is no mention of Sauber at the moment.

Giuseppe F1
30th November 2009, 18:41
FIA also forgot to add Campos' engine declaration to the official list!

Talk about attention to detail, I mean come on!!!!!!!!

Also, a bit telling Senna been given #21 rather than #20.

No Jaime confirmed which adds more credence to the young driver tests of Hartley, Ricciardo and Bortolotti being a possible STR race seat shoot-out.

Giuseppe F1
30th November 2009, 18:43
Also curious why Lotus got higher race numbers than the other new teams when they were confrmed last??

UltimateDanGTR
30th November 2009, 18:53
disappointed that there is no mention of sauber. i hope they are on the grid next year, i will be dissapointed if they are not. good old peter sauber deserves a place on the grid!

Somebody
30th November 2009, 19:42
GF1:

I would be more inclined to think Campos are "badging" their Cosworths, as has happened before. Don't scream bloody murder with no evidence...

jonny hurlock
30th November 2009, 20:43
ashamed that sauber ain't on the list, also ashamed that manor ain't named (i know its renamed virgin) but imho i think it should called virgin manor gp

Nikki Katz
30th November 2009, 22:05
I was fully expecting Toyota to be on that list, and I'm sure that if Max was still in charge then they would have been, just for the sake of vindictiveness. I'm not really sure what will happen now - although BMW now have a proper buyer it looks like Toyota do too. I'm sure we'd all prefer to see Sauber than Stefan GP, but that's not necessarily what we're going to get. Still, any is better than none and we might even get 26 cars next year.

jens
30th November 2009, 23:22
So that lucky #22 goes to USF1. At least now we know, which team will win next year's WDC. :p :

Saint Devote
30th November 2009, 23:58
ashamed that sauber ain't on the list, also ashamed that manor ain't named (i know its renamed virgin) but imho i think it should called virgin manor gp

John Booth's team will definitely be the most interesting on the grid. Imagine the stir it will cause if it is almost as competitive as the Acura LMP1!

Saint Devote
1st December 2009, 00:15
FIA also forgot to add Campos' engine declaration to the official list!

Talk about attention to detail, I mean come on!!!!!!!!

No Jaime confirmed which adds more credence to the young driver tests of Hartley, Ricciardo and Bortolotti being a possible STR race seat shoot-out.

Ricciardo has just signed for Renault 3.5 next year and he is not ready for f1 - yet. even if he offered it he should refuse, its too early.

Hartley has not shown he is ready or deserves an f1 chance given his error prone Renault 3.5 season.

Bortolotti - who? Not on for ths Italian f3 driver.

I think these tests are just that and no more. It is highly likely that Alguersuari will be resigned.

Overlooking good drivers from GP2 is ridiculous for teams and no driver that is properly managed will take such as leap missing out f1 and into the jaws of Toro Rosso. If Tost takes a dislike to a driver it is toxic for their career.

Saint Devote
1st December 2009, 00:20
3, Nico Rosberg - Brawn GP Formula One Team;
4, TBA - Brawn GP Formula One Team;

5, Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Racing - Red Bull Racing Renault;
6, Mark Webber - Red Bull Racing - Red Bull Racing Renault;

7, Felipe Massa - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - Ferrari;
8, Fernando Alonso - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - Ferrari;

9, Rubens Barrichello - AT&T Williams - Williams-Cosworth;
10, Nico Hulkenberg - AT&T Williams - Williams-Cosworth;

11, Robert Kubica - Renault F1 Team - Renault;
12, TBA - Renault F1 Team - Renault;

And this list may not even be the final one. Nobody has any idea whether Renault will decide to continue and, maybe Mercedes are trying to sign Kubica.

harsha
1st December 2009, 05:31
Brawn will have two germans driving.....Rosberg n Heidfeld :P

Aikidoka
1st December 2009, 09:31
Brawn will have two germans driving.....Rosberg n Heidfeld :P

So you're not as convinced as Eddie Jordan that their second german will be Herr Schumacher then? ;)

(I'd agree with you though, I think Eddie's been hitting the Guinness pretty hard since he said that no KERS car will ever win a race)

I've read on another site that Senna's #21 is associated with his sponsor Embratel. Embratel are a telecoms provider who's calling code is 21. (Wikipedia entry) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Brazil#Long-distance_dialing).

V12
1st December 2009, 11:05
Yeah big shame about Virgin taking over Manor's name before they even got started, rather than just being a sponsor, oh well.

Just hope that #26 and #27 get filled sooner rather than later.

christophulus
3rd December 2009, 16:43
Sauber have been given the 13th entry for 2010.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80429

"The FIA has written to inform BMW Sauber AG that their application for an entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship has been successful," said a statement issued by the FIA.

"Subject to their signing the Concorde Agreement, BMW Sauber will be awarded the 13th entry in the Championship, taking the place of the departing Toyota team.

gloomyDAY
3rd December 2009, 16:47
Things are shaping up really well.

We just need driver confirmations, make sure USF1 fails as planned, and get on with racing next March.