PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the leader of the Liberal Party come Tuesday?

Rollo
29th November 2009, 21:51
Assuming that there is a leadership spill, and Turnbull is shown the revolving door, then this probably means that either Tony Abbott or Joe Hockey would be the likely players in the tilt to be the leader of the Liberal Party.

Personally my money is on Joe Hockey, but mainly because if Kevin "Mr Sheen" Rudd, calls a double-dissolution election, then Hockey would be the most acceptable person to lead an election campaign quite apart from the inevitable Senate enquiry over the ETS.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/26/129037639761409726.jpg

Rollo
30th November 2009, 23:36
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/01/2758221.htm
Tony Abbott is the new leader of the Liberal Party after ousting Malcolm Turnbull by just one vote in a leadership vote today.
Mr Abbott won the final vote against Malcolm Turnbull by 42 votes to 41 after challenger Joe Hockey was knocked out in an earlier vote between all three candidates.

I am utterly astonished by this.

How would they intend to sort out their front bench now? There isn't one person who isn't the enemy of anyone else now, except for Julie Bishop who wasn't even nominated for the leadership because she either doesn't represent a serious threat to anyone or the only reason she's there is to sit opposite Julia Gillard.

Who honestly thinks that Abbott is PM material? They might just as well have given Kev a free ticket to the next election - Kevin 11 is looking more likely.

Valve Bounce
2nd December 2009, 00:42
Let me guess, please!! Nick Minchin?

rah
3rd December 2009, 01:17
I thought the same as you when I heard, but the more I thought about it the more possible it is that he could take on Kev. Lets face it, at least the voters can understand him.

I also think that there are enough people in the country that do not understand AGW or do not believe it that he could get some votes out of it. Who knows the Libs could even have a better policy for AGW than the ETS, not that that would be hard.