PDA

View Full Version : Jaques Villeneuve visited the lotus factory.

ratonmacias
27th November 2009, 04:14
could he be one of the drivers? how is Jv's relationship wit gascoyne? it is said he even drove an evora around the track near the lotus factory.

ShiftingGears
27th November 2009, 05:22
Yes absolutely and he will be world champion next year.

No. I don't see how noodling around in an Evora near the Lotus factory means that they are remotely interested in JV driving their car next year.

Roamy
27th November 2009, 05:55
squirrel glad to have you on board. If Jensen can win it JV could be a shoe in

ShiftingGears
27th November 2009, 07:21
squirrel glad to have you on board.

I was being sarcastic.

Giuseppe F1
27th November 2009, 07:51
could he be one of the drivers? how is Jv's relationship wit gascoyne? it is said he even drove an evora around the track near the lotus factory.

Is there a link please? Thanks in advance

Sonic
27th November 2009, 08:26
Former world racing champ Jacques Villeneuve had unch at a Norfolk pub a few miles away from Lotus's headquarters today - sparking more speculation that he could drive for the company

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED26%20Nov%202009%2015%3A56%3A34%3A503

Its hardly conclusive proof but there are only so many reasons for a WDC to be wandering around in Norfolk in November....

Bezza
27th November 2009, 09:10

Fousto, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but JV is not going to win anything ever again.

I like him as a person and as a driver, but I think his decision to go to BAR in 1999 ranks alongside Fittipaldi's move away from McLaren at the end of 1975 as the worst career choice of all time.

He still drove well in 99 and 2000, but I think the crash at Melbourne in 2001 seriously affected him and the extra 10% he had disappeared.

I would be happy to see him in F1 again, as it would be a great story, but I don't think he will be on the pace.

I am evil Homer
27th November 2009, 09:37
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED26%20Nov%202009%2015%3A56%3A34%3A503

Its hardly conclusive proof but there are only so many reasons for a WDC to be wandering around in Norfolk in November....

Well it's not like he has anything better to do right now ;)

555-04Q2
27th November 2009, 10:24
JV is a TOSSER.

Bagwan
27th November 2009, 12:19
JV is a TOSSER.

He's a tosser , who was wined and dined at the "Bird in Hand" pub by Gino Rosato , a fellow French-Canuck .
This was after driving the new Lotus road car , and sitting in Jim Clark's Lotus , the 25/r4 .

It sounds like the tosser has a job .

Sonic
27th November 2009, 12:33
The guys had more comebacks than Rocky Balboa!

In his heyday he was amoungst my fave drivers but to echo a previous post he wasn't the same in the latter BAR days and was pathetic at Renault and only mildly better at BMW.

We shall see if the fire still burns for 22nd place.

ArrowsFA1
27th November 2009, 16:27
It sounds like the tosser has a job.
Around thirty years ago Colin Chapman had two contracts on his desk for the seat at Lotus alongside Mario Andretti in 1979. One was for Carlos Reutemann, and the other for Gilles Villeneuve.

Funny to think that the current Lotus boss may have two, or more, contracts on his desk, one possibly with the name Villeneuve on it.

jens
27th November 2009, 19:11
I hope Lotus is sensible enough not to sign Villeneuve. Better hire Sato, Kobayashi or Davidson (alongside Trulli, that is). Personally nothing against JV and when he was racing in F1, I was actually slightly supportive towards him... but now we are into new era and while Lotus seems like a serious team in the making, they would need at least a bit serious drivers. :p :

Having said all that - Villeneuve would fit perfectly well into USF1 and this is a pairing I wouldn't be against. :p : USF1 seems to be mostly about hot air (even if they make it to the grid, I suspect they'll be heavily underperforming) and Jacques seems to be getting a lot of media attention too - sounds like a match made in heaven.

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 00:47

Jacques Villeneuve is already a world champion and he also won that other silly event held each year - the once great Indy 500.

For anyone to imply inferiority of any sort as far as ANY world champion is concerned should really question why they are on this board.

I realize you have a personal hatred for Button and that is irrational enough, but to try and undermine his winning of the championship in a year that has seen a magnificent championship fight is just plain pitiful.

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 00:52
Around thirty years ago Colin Chapman had two contracts on his desk for the seat at Lotus alongside Mario Andretti in 1979. One was for Carlos Reutemann, and the other for Gilles Villeneuve.

Funny to think that the current Lotus boss may have two, or more, contracts on his desk, one possibly with the name Villeneuve on it.

What a kewte factoid to disclose :s mokin:

On the one hand I wonder if signing Jacques would be good on the other I would enjoy seeing him in a car again - but their really are so many good new drivers around that I do think Lotus should not.

I hope Vitaly Petrov gets a seat - they WILL however have to control his mother's emotional reactions in the pits!!!

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 01:10
I hope Lotus is sensible enough not to sign Villeneuve. Better hire Sato, Kobayashi or Davidson (alongside Trulli, that is). Personally nothing against JV and when he was racing in F1, I was actually slightly supportive towards him... but now we are into new era and while Lotus seems like a serious team in the making, they would need at least a bit serious drivers. :p :

Having said all that - Villeneuve would fit perfectly well into USF1 and this is a pairing I wouldn't be against. :p : USF1 seems to be mostly about hot air (even if they make it to the grid, I suspect they'll be heavily underperforming) and Jacques seems to be getting a lot of media attention too - sounds like a match made in heaven.

On the other hand just look at Lotus themselves. They may reside at Hethel and be abke to use the Lotus inscribed badge BUT they are not the team and it is somewhat cheeky of them to parade themselves as Lotus.

Brawn quite correctly did not decide to name themselves Tyrrell and there has been a continuation up to Mercedes today.

A resurrection of team and driver?!

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 01:20
JV is a TOSSER.

How can you WANT to write such contrite rubbish and be so disrespectful to a man that has won the world title, Indy 500 and CART championship before the IRL, came into f1 with success in his first two years that has only been matched by Lewis Hamilton and is the son of Gilles Villeneuve?

Perhaps you are a juvenile.

Jag_Warrior
28th November 2009, 02:52
I hope Vitaly Petrov gets a seat - they WILL however have to control his mother's emotional reactions in the pits!!!

I don't have any feelings about Vitaly (positive or negative). But I do hope that his old hag of a mother gets inserted into a block of cement during the off season by some rival Russian mafia family.

That woman makes Sandy Andretti look classy... and that's saying a helluva lot!

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 03:14
:D
I don't have any feelings about Vitaly (positive or negative). But I do hope that his old hag of a mother gets inserted into a block of cement during the off season by some rival Russian mafia family.

That woman makes Sandy Andretti look classy... and that's saying a helluva lot!

:eek: I have heard of Sandy Andretti's reactions but never saw them.

I think it was at the Hungaroring where Vitaly's mother began to hit his crew chief! The mafia wouldn't dare - she would scare even them off :D

Petrov was really the only driver to consistently challenge Hulkenberg and with Nico in the second Williams seat, he really does deserve a chance and he does bring the Lukoil money and lots of very pretty Russian girls too :D

Jag_Warrior
28th November 2009, 03:44
Sandy is (now) living proof that whatever you are on the inside will someday be what you look like on the outside. Karma caught up with her and laid one heck of a beating on her face - and it couldn't have happened to a "nicer" person. :)

I believe it was Spa where the past her due date, bleach blonde lost her cool. But anyway, I can see that sort of person being a hinderance to the kid if she's allowed to hang around too much... much like Sandy. Unlike what Ron Dennis did with Sandy (hiring a personal shopping assistant to keep her away from the garage), only a bottom feeder team, desperate for the cash, would put up with that old hag for more than one afternoon.

Roamy
28th November 2009, 07:41
How can you WANT to write such contrite rubbish and be so disrespectful to a man that has won the world title, Indy 500 and CART championship before the IRL, came into f1 with success in his first two years that has only been matched by Lewis Hamilton and is the son of Gilles Villeneuve?

:up: :up: :up:

Roamy
28th November 2009, 07:50
Fousto, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but JV is not going to win anything ever again.

I like him as a person and as a driver, but I think his decision to go to BAR in 1999 ranks alongside Fittipaldi's move away from McLaren at the end of 1975 as the worst career choice of all time.

He still drove well in 99 and 2000, but I think the crash at Melbourne in 2001 seriously affected him and the extra 10% he had disappeared.

I would be happy to see him in F1 again, as it would be a great story, but I don't think he will be on the pace.

Perhaps you are correct. He will win again however in CRASHCAR but maybe not in F1. It would be interesting to see his return. If it were I who owned the team I would probably be very interested in the development and Jv would be faster that most as the car would be set up. But I didn't think Jensen would every win anything so I guess one never knows. I though the Fish would be reasonable quick in the Ferrari, You just never know when some will get it right. The big deal on JV is that he is one of the best in preserving tires and the car. So with refueling ban now can you get to the front with a tire stop?? now if the F-Gay-IA don't require stops then it will get real interesting.

ioan
28th November 2009, 10:32

Perhaps you should refrain from using invectives on this forum.

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 10:46
Sandy is (now) living proof that whatever you are on the inside will someday be what you look like on the outside. Karma caught up with her and laid one heck of a beating on her face - and it couldn't have happened to a "nicer" person. :)

I believe it was Spa where the past her due date, bleach blonde lost her cool. But anyway, I can see that sort of person being a hinderance to the kid if she's allowed to hang around too much... much like Sandy. Unlike what Ron Dennis did with Sandy (hiring a personal shopping assistant to keep her away from the garage), only a bottom feeder team, desperate for the cash, would put up with that old hag for more than one afternoon.

:D I can only imagine what Ron Dennis must have thought dealing with such a "broad". Hiring a shopping assistant - now thats FUNNY!

Giuseppe F1
28th November 2009, 12:37
Photos of Jacques' Lotus visit:

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/113619/Villeneuve-inline1.jpg

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/113619/Villeneuve-inline2.jpg

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/113619/Villeneuve-inline3.jpg

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/other/jacques-villeneuve-visits-lotus-factory?artid=113619

ratonmacias
28th November 2009, 14:47
objectively how can people compare JV with Kobayashi Sato or petrov.

Jv did well against Massa and Heidfield, both have proven their worth even kazuki nakajima did well at brazil 2 years ago. one thing is to drive the car the last races of the season when it is sorted and the other is to sort the car.

garyshell
28th November 2009, 17:33
objectively how can people compare JV with Kobayashi Sato or petrov.

Jv did well against Massa and Heidfield, both have proven their worth even kazuki nakajima did well at brazil 2 years ago. one thing is to drive the car the last races of the season when it is sorted and the other is to sort the car.

Sorted or not, exactly how much practice did he get in that car before making the performance he did?

Gary

Roamy
28th November 2009, 18:56
Oh Oh JV got a haircut - Something must be up!!!!

Hopefully Sauber will hire the two resident F1 losers Truli and Heidfield which should keep the seat open for JV.

Bagwan
28th November 2009, 23:45
Hey rat , you forget how to spell the lad's name ?
That's Jacques , not Jaques .

Gasgoyne says they will name the drivers in November .
That means Monday .

ratonmacias
29th November 2009, 01:52
Hey rat , you forget how to spell the lad's name ?
That's Jacques , not Jaques .

Gasgoyne says they will name the drivers in November .
That means Monday .

we will see hopefully Jacques gets a seat. although these advancements are a good sign.

woody2goody
29th November 2009, 05:37
I hope he gets a seat just for the sake of it. In addition to a possible Schumacher comeback it would be a novelty. I think he'd do ok, probably wouldn't set the world on fire, but people wrote off Jenson and Rubens saying they were no good a year ago.

It would bring good media exposure for Lotus, along with possible Canadian sponsors, a win-win for all involved. He's still only about 35, so he's not completely finished yet.

Plus my mum fancies him :D

Speaking of mothers, that sounds hilarious about Petrov's - madness.

Saint Devote
29th November 2009, 11:25
I hope he gets a seat just for the sake of it. In addition to a possible Schumacher comeback it would be a novelty. I think he'd do ok, probably wouldn't set the world on fire, but people wrote off Jenson and Rubens saying they were no good a year ago.

It would bring good media exposure for Lotus, along with possible Canadian sponsors, a win-win for all involved. He's still only about 35, so he's not completely finished yet.

Plus my mum fancies him :D

Speaking of mothers, that sounds hilarious about Petrov's - madness.

It is somewhat hilarious to watch - but it also looks [and is] insane. I dont think any f1 team will tolerate that nonsense.

I like Jacques and his years in the mid-90's were great - and to have his teammate as Damon, Grahams boy, was just superb and both excellent drivers in a competitive Williams......!!!!

Although between the two Damon was my favorite and remains an ideal example of good manners and determination in motor racing.

But I really think that Formula One is about the future not the past. And just like I object to the name Lotus being used and for the same reason, JV's time has been. There are so many good drivers that have worled hard and deserve a chance in f1.

Its like the "Bentley" cars of today - its just NOT on!!!!

555-04Q2
30th November 2009, 10:52

No, I'm just a &%$*# like you :s tareup:

ArrowsFA1
30th November 2009, 11:11
According to Jon Noble (http://twitter.com/noblef1): "Jacques Villeneuve's visit to Norfolk yesterday was to Lotus Cars only. Doesn't look like an F1 deal there is close."

555-04Q2
30th November 2009, 14:47
Interesting to see that all the Lotus ads in our local car magazines are boasting, "We're back in F1."

Wonder for how long?

Blancvino
30th November 2009, 16:27
I visited the Cadbury's factory in Birmingham about 6 months ago... I don't work there though regardless of the rumours.. ;)

But you are on the short list for Guest Taster?

ratonmacias
30th November 2009, 19:18
sooo jv`s lucky number is 18 or 19

rickos
2nd December 2009, 05:10
... JV is getting closer to that 40 foot long thing that smells like piss at his seniors' home kunga line .. is he bored?

Roamy
2nd December 2009, 08:08
... JV is getting closer to that 40 foot long thing that smells like piss at his seniors' home kunga line .. is he bored?

is that like my dick??

2nd December 2009, 08:11
is that like my dick??

Depends if it's in JV's mouth or not.

If it is, then yes, it is.